Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of April 27th; *UPDATED 4/25*
Topic Started: Apr 14 2009, 10:06 PM (12,870 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 15 2009, 02:51 AM
I disagree, pretty much on the premise that I think the show is in a much more stable position in all facets now then it was in 2008 and early on in Tomlin's tenure when he and Whitesell were transitioning the show into it's current state. We'll see what happens.
The funny thing is, though, you were saying pretty much the same thing when all of the social stories that I listed were being discussed, before they even got aired. And they all, all of them, turned into flops. What makes you think that this can be any different? It just sounds like a bunch of excuses when you really know the obvious. Stefano's diabetes is not going to be anything to praise.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ilovemydays

Paxton
Apr 15 2009, 10:40 AM
JANALH
Apr 15 2009, 10:26 AM
And I saw the sweeps preview and it is most bland, no PAYOFFS ANYTIME SOON...Can we get some salt for this show, seriously!

I haven't seen the May sweeps preview. What was in them?
WHAT? No payoff!

OMG I shocked and amazed that the EJ and Nicole wedding actually happens! I can't believe they're going to get a wedding AND an "intimate" reception! Whoo-Hoo! :applause:
I really didn't see that coming!

The wedding is a HUGE PAYOFF FOR ME! :dance:

Sure, the reveal doesn't happen but Corday did say that the baby switch was the "A" story for the YEAR so I wasn't expecting everything to come out in April. Now THAT would have been anti climatic. That would have been nothing but tears and begging left for May if Sami spilled.

Now it looks like May is going to be about Grace's illness (just a guess) and then Sami and Nicole are going to have to scramble with what truths to tell to whom in order to help her.

Edited by ilovemydays, Apr 15 2009, 11:05 AM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 15 2009, 10:36 AM
I completely agree and I think a big part of it is, like you mentioned, that we had that unusual spoiler leak that we've known about for many weeks. Normally we wouldn't have six weeks' worth of spoilers or whatever that was. If you look only at what's played out on screen, there's no evidence that anyone is poisoning Stefano. And him having diabetes may play out as being a key weakness that Victor or Kate or Philip or whoever can exploit--it doesn't necessarily mean it's the end of the story or that they're planning on doing some sort of PSA story on diabetes prevention and control. It may end up sucking, but then again, it may not.
I totally agree, Paxton. As Tim said, aside from one little moment of dizziness, there has been nothing about Stefano's illness, so it's not like they've been teasing this out for weeks with no payoff. It's likely going to play as something that happens just before he gets tested and it's going to show Stefano's paranoia that Victor has exacted his revenge (or attempted to). The diabetes diagnosis is likely not going to be any big part of the story, at least from a PSA perspective. If anything, it will be something that might play into the Kiriakis/DiMera war.

In any case, I don't think it's possible to judge this particular event as sucking just yet. I mean it's not Bo's visions or something like that. ;)

Dallas812

Thank you for the info. I don't think and hope that Brady and EJ's fight is about Nicole. I think they are at odds at eachother because of the family issues going on between their two families. I don't think that EJ really loves Nicole and he married her (which I am not happy about but oh well) because of a lie and because he believes that Sydney is Nicole's and his daughter. If things were not so messed up - he would still be with Sami. EJami belong together and if the fight had anything to do with Nicole it was more like Brady starting something because he has feelings for Nicole and not EJ. This is my hope. I just wish also that the whole baby switch story would be over and I was hoping it would be soon.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dragonish1
Apr 15 2009, 07:45 AM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 15 2009, 12:41 AM
Dragonish1
Apr 15 2009, 12:03 AM
Ooooo I eagerly await the climactic reveal, in which Lexie will be forced to tell Stephano that he can no longer have his cake and eat it to....unless of course that cake is sugar-less!.......Golly, this show is lame!

This show's down fall will be like that of passions....Anticlimactic! Every fan needs a payoff in a sl to keep them tuning into the next. No one wants to be bored and when you drag things out that is what your fans get....BORED!

We all want the climax....seriously, don't arouse my interest only to deny me the Climax I crave. Sex minus a climax is lousey! Are you going to hop into bed with a lover who can't finish the job?...Cause I sure as hell am not!...As a matter of fact I don't think I am willing to tune into a show that fails to do the job...No way!

These stupid tid bits that belong in a very special episode on a sitcom in the 80's are not going to hold the interest of many. And from what we saw in the sweeps preview SWEEPS is very un-sweep like in May....This show is dying a slow and painfilled death at the hands of Higley and Tomlin.

RIP DOOLS
First off, it's not like the show built up Stefano's situation as something big. This is why spoilers hurt. We've known about the possible Stefano poisoning spoiler since over a month ago when the April/May spoilers leaked on the Sony site and the problem with that is it allows anticipation to build and sets up high expectations. Essentially, there is a high probability of disappointment. If that spoiler never came out and if the show was better and more vague with spoilers like in the 90's, we may have never known what was coming and then there wouldn't be such a sense of disappointment because no one would've built the Stefano thing up to be something bigger then it was.

There has not even been a hint of it on air yet, other then him having a little dizzy spell in Tony's room a few weeks ago. That's it. It's not like the show has been hyping Stefano's illness for weeks. It's just him feeling ill and then he gets worried because with everything going on there is a possibility someone, namely a Kiriakis, could be out to kill him. That's it. I think this situation serves two purposes. It shows that Stefano is well aware that the Kiriakis family can match up with his family, hence his paranoia, and it gives Stefano something personal to deal with. I like the idea of giving a man who has this invincible aura about him something like diabetes because it's those kind of people that get hit the hardest when they end up with something like that. It will be a personal struggle for him and I like that. I don't want supervillain Stefano. I want a human being. The fact is the man is getting older and I'm glad the show is doing this with his character. I like the current regime's take on Stefano at this point in his life.

As for payoffs, the best payoffs are the ones you wait for. That is good soap opera. It's a shame that in this day and age shows get bashed when they choose to wait. If you have a whopper of a secret, you hold on to it and milk the story for as long as possible. The more you build the story...the better the payoff and the repercussions. The show has several big secrets with the baby switch (both Nicole and Sami's secrets) and the Chloe/Dan affair and both have been going on less then 6 months. In all honesty, it's too soon to get to the payoff. Let's say you expose everything and play the repercussions. Then, in 6 months, you have nothing and have to start all over and build things up again. Play all the beats and explore everything you can should be the show's adage and that seems to be what they are following and wisely so. That is classic soap and it's been a recipe for ratings success in the past.

I wouldn't even compare Passions to this. Not at all. Passions dragged some of their stuff out for 5 years or more. JER's first run at Days dragged things out for years. The stuff on Days is barely 6 months old. It's no wonder so many TV shows have run out of ideas. They've caved to fans and moved so fast that they've burned through everything they have.

The pace and flow of the show is just right. They have things happening while they are building the stories very well. That is really the best formula. The longer you can keep people interested and waiting, then better the effect when the shit really hits the fan.

Back to the spoilers...they all sound good but the Max one. I love Darin but he and Chelsea can't leave soon enough for me.
Ok, First off You are way way off base....Steffy's illness....Well that is the meaningless boring ass tid bit shit that I was saying belonged in an sitcom episode in the 80's. I do not give a rat's ass about build up in his illness...its boring and it will soon be another plot twist soon forgotten.

The show is extremely anticlimactic! Nicole has not had the truth of her evil deeds revealed about her thus far and its been going on for months.For christ sake the wedding would have been the perfect opportunity and yet nothing....not even Sami reveals
Grace. There is no payoff here and I find that absolutely BORING! And I saw the sweeps preview and it is most bland, no PAYOFFS ANYTIME SOON...Can we get some salt for this show, seriously!

As for this show not being like Passions? WTF EVER! Bo and his stupid visions...No payoffs and stupid meaningless half hearted and half assed plot points are what made Passions what it was...Garbage!

Not to mention we now have Tomlin from Passions...Galen from Passions and Eric From Passions.

At work ppl turned off Dools for OLTL months ago...Well, the other day I turned the set on to Dools....Ppl were like WTF is this? Is this Passions? Is Passions back?...Why you ask? Because of the fearured actors above and of course the obvious Passions like delivery in the writing and producing...Dools is now a joke.

I have nothing against Galen or Eric. I think Eric is a very decent actor....However, Tomlin in my opinion was a failure at least a huge part of Passions failure and I see the patterns from Passions now on Dools.

IMO the show is doomed under DH and Tomlin's care
As I said, it's been less then 6 months since Nicole lost that baby and began her lying. That is not alot of time but, then again, in today's climate maybe it is. That is exactly what I was talking about. Soaps used to build story and really build to a great payoff. Now, fans want everything now and the issue with that is you end up running out of ideas missing important beats that can be played if you rush through something.

I understand what your saying about the wedding being the perfect chance but, in all honesty, I think the wedding is even coming too soon. That is something they should've waited on until at least June. That way they could time it for when school is out and people are home for summer. So, the fact that they are pulling the wedding out now IMO is somewhat of a mistake but I also see it as building the story more. There will be far more repercussions now with Nicole marrying EJ. I know many think it's a letdown but IMO it's the best thing that could happen because this story needs to be milked. It hasn't been going on nearly long enough to have the impact it could have but I guess that is where we differ. It has nothing to do with optimism. I guess what I'm saying is I enjoy the journey. That is what makes the payoff special in the end. If you have a short journey, the payoff can be ok but the impact won't last as long. If Days builds the current story well, it can really explode and the repercussions can last months and that is good soap opera. Bill Bell used to be like that at Y&R. He used to drag stuff out for years. I understand you can't do that now because people want what they want now but you do need to build a story and the amount of time Nicole has been going at this is not very long at all. Also, the show did not pimp this as Nicole's downfall. Yes, they hinted at 3 people potentially stopping the wedding but it's not like they pimped the wedding as the big downfall. When that happens, you will no doubt see a SOD cover and a promo hyping the week as the big payoff.

Then again, if you hate the current story, like you and others seem to, then I guess you don't want to wait and want all this out to which I say to each their own and I do understand you and others' frustration.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 15 2009, 10:56 AM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 15 2009, 02:51 AM
I disagree, pretty much on the premise that I think the show is in a much more stable position in all facets now then it was in 2008 and early on in Tomlin's tenure when he and Whitesell were transitioning the show into it's current state. We'll see what happens.
The funny thing is, though, you were saying pretty much the same thing when all of the social stories that I listed were being discussed, before they even got aired. And they all, all of them, turned into flops. What makes you think that this can be any different? It just sounds like a bunch of excuses when you really know the obvious. Stefano's diabetes is not going to be anything to praise.
You know me...always optimistic LOL.

For me, personally, I can easily call this a flop before it airs but I won't because then what is the sense? It just ruins my enjoyment and it sets me up to hate something before it even airs. I just try to keep an open mind, regardless of the past. That's just me. If it flops, it flops. All I want is to be entertained and to enjoy what I'm seeing. That goes for all the soaps. Yes, they all could be better then what they are but as long as I enjoy myself watching them each day, I'm satisfied.

LovingDays

SOS

Victor hints that Stefano may be the next victim in the DiMera and Kiriakis war.
Mia further connects with Grace.
Sami tries to convince him to stay in Salem as Rafe tells her why he won’t.
Stephanie opens up to Lexie about her fears.
Stefano tries to get out of town but is followed.
Chelsea finds out Max applied to med school in Chicago.
Sami is honest with Rafe when she asks him to stay.
EJ & Rafe face off over Sami.
Hope confronts Nicole.
EJ pictures Sami when having sex with Nicole.
Mia’s past comes back to haunt her.
Melanie learns of trouble between Stephanie and Philip.
Rafe meets up with an old friend.
Chelsea gets a call regarding Billie.

Dallas812

Thanks for the info, Loving Days. EJ can't keep his mind off of Sami. That's good news!!

jane1978

Judging from Tomlinīs work so far Iīm willing to bet Stefanoīs illness is not an attempt for a social issue story. Tomlin hates them. He stopped the autism story and he turned Kateīs illness story into a plot point for Chloe and Danīs affair.

As for the rest, I didnīt read yet the may sweeps preview so I donīt know what is going to happen, but storywise we are no way at the point where the switch should be revealed. Sami and Rafe arenīt even serious together. Brady just realized he is in love with Nicole. There are so many things which have yet to happen so the revelation is not just a few weeks thing but really shatters the lives of everyone. Í understand some EJami fan and/or Nicole haters getting impatient but I really think we as viewers should be happy for once DAYS is telling a story properly and is not rushing things up or making quick rewrites just so the fanbases are happy.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Fuck you, Dena. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.

FLRose

I wish, wish, wish I could get into the characters played by EM and GG, but I just can't. Maybe it's b/c I saw them in Passions and didn't care for their, well, acting there. GG gets on my nerves - IMO, I see him as being whiney and boring -same for EM. Sami, like her or not, is full of energy and fire (good and bad) and I would like to see her interact with someone who has the same qualities. I think she's much more fun to watch when she is mad (but the not daily rantings they sometimes give her), up to something, or just being her fiesty self. I have been watching this show for 20 years, but I find myself handing the show over to Tivo and FFing through a lot of it. I am over the baby switch stuff and the mostly predictable story plots. For the life of me, I can't even fathom why Bo's visions are the least bit interesting. Steph's character is well.....and Philip has just turned psycho. I still like Steffy, but wish they would make EJ "smarter" than he has been in a long time. I'm not giving up on DOOL, but it find it is dragging out too many story lines right now- give me some meat. I am not asking for all of the story lines -but something to keep me going -even the Chloe/Daniel trist would be better than nothing.

cjknick
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Apr 15 2009, 12:56 PM
SOS

Victor hints that Stefano may be the next victim in the DiMera and Kiriakis war.
Hope confronts Nicole.
Thanks Lovingdays for the spoilers ...

When I first read this "EJ pictures Sami when having sex with Nicole"

I thought it said EJ pictures Sami having sex with Nicole .... and I went WTH! :OhMy:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Apr 15 2009, 01:11 PM
Judging from Tomlinīs work so far Iīm willing to bet Stefanoīs illness is not an attempt for a social issue story. Tomlin hates them. He stopped the autism story and he turned Kateīs illness story into a plot point for Chloe and Danīs affair.

As for the rest, I didnīt read yet the may sweeps preview so I donīt know what is going to happen, but storywise we are no way at the point where the switch should be revealed. Sami and Rafe arenīt even serious together. Brady just realized he is in love with Nicole. There are so many things which have yet to happen so the revelation is not just a few weeks thing but really shatters the lives of everyone. Í understand some EJami fan and/or Nicole haters getting impatient but I really think we as viewers should be happy for once DAYS is telling a story properly and is not rushing things up or making quick rewrites just so the fanbases are happy.
Great post and, as usual, I agree.

I still think you set it up for the big payoff to be in late June/early July. Hell, make it the Wimbledon cliffhanger or something.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I think the pace has been awesome, and the show has been entertaining. I sometimes feel like I have been waiting for the baby reveals for a long time, but like right now, I could care less about the baby reveal. I am loving the Ej/Nicole wedding, EJ's attitude, Sami's bipolar decision making, Nicole's freakouts, Brady's love declarations, etc. I can wait for baby reveal if I am getting all this other action!

However, if I have to watch EJ fall for Sami again, while she drools over other guys and continues to "EJ hate" or like EJ because Nicole does, I find nothing entertaining in that.

And I am thinking that Stefano's diabetes has something to do with him thinking he is poisoned and maybe lashing out at Victor and others to only find out it is diabetes and his own fault. It's a plot point for more revenge I would say.

Alligato
Member Avatar

jane1978
Apr 15 2009, 01:11 PM
Great points, jane! You called it!

I am thrilled with the way things are going and wouldn't change a thing! Days is rocking!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Apr 15 2009, 03:14 PM
I think the pace has been awesome, and the show has been entertaining. I sometimes feel like I have been waiting for the baby reveals for a long time, but like right now, I could care less about the baby reveal. I am loving the Ej/Nicole wedding, EJ's attitude, Sami's bipolar decision making, Nicole's freakouts, Brady's love declarations, etc. I can wait for baby reveal if I am getting all this other action!

However, if I have to watch EJ fall for Sami again, while she drools over other guys and continues to "EJ hate" or like EJ because Nicole does, I find nothing entertaining in that.

And I am thinking that Stefano's diabetes has something to do with him thinking he is poisoned and maybe lashing out at Victor and others to only find out it is diabetes and his own fault. It's a plot point for more revenge I would say.
The more I think about it, the more I feel the same.

I never thought the diabetes would be a big deal but I think it will just be used to show how the Kiriakis' are getting to Stefano. Essentially, it shows that Stefano knows they are a match for his family and it establishes the feud even further. It increases his paranoia. Given the spoiler about Stefano trying to get out of town, I think the poisoning scare plays into that. He thinks he may be a target and this will show that both sides are evenly matched and can reach each other at any moment.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
Apr 15 2009, 03:14 PM

As I often (though not always :) ) do, I agree with you. I'd like for the truth to be out but I feel like there's a way to go yet and I never expected the reveal would happen this soon. And like you say, there are a lot of other elements intersecting too that have me interested.

And your point about Stefano is particularly intriguing because it falls in line with what he's doing right now--i.e., Philip didn't kill Tony but he wants revenge anyway. So it would "fit" to have him refuse to accept that he really simply has diabetes and still blame the Kirakises. Maybe he starts getting more and more paranoid and crazy and even suspects Lexie of being in on some plot and purposefully misdiagnosing him. If he's crazy it doesn't have to be a rational thought process.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I also have to agree that Days has been really steady in its "A" story. I personally feel that the reveal won't come into Fall sweeps. You have so much more set-ups now that its not only about Nicole, EJ and Sami.

SAFE was mentioned. In order for Sami to be in this triangle with Rafe and EJ/Lucas, then there has to be more of a connection with Rafe. She barely admitted that there's feelings and he's about to leave. You gotta have the declarations of love, the "first time" sex, the arguing with formers exs, etc.

Ks V Ds...you got the retaliation from the DiMeras, then you got the aftermath- Steffys "illness" which may be a red herring to escalate the war. Then the war ending, with a probable "innocent" being shot/hurt?

I havent even talked about Mia, doc Baker, and the actual "baby switch" SL.

See..so much more "meat" on that bone!
Liz

Dawn7
Member Avatar

LovingDays
SOS

Hope confronts Nicole.
Thanks LovingDays

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Dawn7
Apr 15 2009, 04:20 PM
LovingDays
SOS

Hope confronts Nicole.
Thanks LovingDays
Ahh well...if I have to endure another round of EJole sex at least this makes it much more tolerable. :)

As for EJ and Rafe squaring off over Sami...wonder what that's about. Perhaps Rafe will tell EJ that he went to the mansion dressed as the cable guy without Sami knowing about it? Perhaps EJ will realize that his insta-forgiveness to Nicole was an overreaction because he was mistakenly upset with Sami? As always - EJ gets his feelings hurt by Sami so he runs to Nicole. :eyeroll:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply