Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of April 27th; *UPDATED 4/25*
Topic Started: Apr 14 2009, 10:06 PM (13,087 Views)
shytstarter
Member Avatar

Quote:

Well, thank you Dr. Phil. ^o) And to think you've come to that diagnosis of 98% of all those who find Rafe boring in your long career of...what is that? 84 posts to date? :lol:
So the more posts a person has the more valid their opinion? That makes a lot of sense.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

look, the point is, people don't have to justify why they may or may not like a character, actor, couple, etc.. that goes both ways.. Being a fan of one couple, actor, character does not necessarily mean that you would hate the opposing character. So let's not draw conclusions based on that assumption.
Edited by ginababe, Apr 26 2009, 03:09 PM.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

ginababe
Apr 26 2009, 03:08 PM
look, the point is, people don't have to justify why they may or may not like a character, actor, couple, etc.. that goes both ways.. Being a fan of one couple, actor, character does not necessarily mean that you would hate the opposing character. So let's not draw conclusions based on that assumption.
look, my point is that no one should be demeaned or made to feel their opinion is less valid just because they don't have 10,000 posts to their name. Everyone can have an opinion, however, there is no reason to be rude or nasty about it. We can disagree but there is no reason to be disagreeable. Putting a smiling emoticon after the insult doesn't diminish the slight.

ginababe
BANNED

I can't speak for Sheri, but I believe she was referencing the experience the poster had, and why she really had no room to speak for certain members, since she has not been posting here as long as some, the number of posts, was just a way of indicating that, but again, I can't speak for her.
Edited by ginababe, Apr 26 2009, 03:17 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

ginababe
Apr 26 2009, 03:17 PM
I can't speak for Sheri, but I believe she was referencing the experience the poster had, and why she really had no room to speak for certain members, since she has not been posting here as long as some, the number of posts, was just a way of indicating that, but again, I can't speak for her.
Thanks, Gina. That's it exactly. I find it insulting when any poster paints an entire fan base (minus the 2% she 'allowed' for) with such a broad stroke - and even more so when the poster apparently has such little posting experience on the boards. That was a rather bold diagnosis he/she came to. I was simply pointing that out. As I went on to say - I make no secret of being a EJami fan, but I don't hate Rafe. Nor do I think I am special enough to be in that elite 2% that is apparently more forward thinking than the majority. :P

Speaking of which...the same poster made another sweeping observation with this statement:

Quote:

I am sorry your bored.. but your in the Minority.... Safe has just begun, and for now atleast it is the best Game in town

Really? Define minority - because I just don't think it fits here. From what I've seen on this site and others those who lack interest in Rafe or the pairing of Safe are not the minority. Nor do I think Safe is the best game in town. Not by a long shot. But that is simply MY opinion - you won't find me posting that in threads as an absolute fact for the rest of you, give or take 2%.

As to this:
Quote:

look, my point is that no one should be demeaned or made to feel their opinion is less valid just because they don't have 10,000 posts to their name. Everyone can have an opinion, however, there is no reason to be rude or nasty about it. We can disagree but there is no reason to be disagreeable. Putting a smiling emoticon after the insult doesn't diminish the slight.

of all the snarky, snide comments made around here in countless threads you feel this is one that you should call out for being 'disagreeable'? :rolleyes: Just... :wow:

leah09
Member Avatar

ginababe
Apr 26 2009, 03:01 PM
Really, the EJami ship has sailed?? That's funny, cause correct me if I'm wrong, but Sydney's true maternity has not come out yet, and if they intended for EJami to be done with once and for all, why give them another connection through Sydney? Why not just write it as a miscarriage or change her paternity?? I don't see the ship sailing more so, then I see it as being stalled, for the ultra fast relationship that is Safe to be over with.. but to each their own.
I guess the Ejami ship has sailed much the same way the Danloe ship has sailed. :cheer:

Oh...and Safe Sucks.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Apr 26 2009, 10:16 AM
JANALH
Apr 26 2009, 08:59 AM
Since some on this board are presuming to know why I dislike a certain character, I thought I might jump into the fray and tell why I really don't like the character of Rafe. HE IS BORING!! HE HAS NO BACKSTORY!! THE ACTOR WHO PORTRAYS HIM IS ONE NOTE!! Just to name a few.

Yes, I'm an EJAMI fan, I've never made a secret about it. If it was just about that, I'm big enough to say it. After all, this is a message board for OPINIONS about soap operas. If I just disliked him based on the fact that he disrupted my couple, I'd let you know. My biggest beef is WHAT"S HIS POINT?? What is the point of Rafe?? To put it simply, angst. Like Socr so eloquently put it in an earlier post, watch the over your head anvils that show who the "root for couple" is. It's soap 101. Everything and everyone conspiring to keep the truth from the couple and that keeps them apart and drives them to other people. Simple. I see it everytime I watch the show. My point is Rafe just doesn't "bring it" to make me like him.

Honestly, I don't care that much one way or the other with regards to Rafe. I realize it's a plot point, and whether it works or not, I get it. What I don't get is why it matters why people don't care for him. So what if they're EJAMI fans? Since we're all talking about why "we think people dislike characters" I'll tell you what I think.........I think the people that are jumping on the "Safe" bandwagon (and the Ejole for that matter) are Lumi fans. Just what I think. But you know what? Who cares??? They can like or dislike whomever they choose for what ever reason they choose. Why not just let each person post their opinion without any responses about why they think that. Why try to analyze why someone cares or doesn't care for any particular character? Does it really matter? Is it going to change their opinion?? I don't think so.
You claim to not want people analyzing your opinions because you belong to a particular fan base....Yet you assume that people that are SAFE and/or EJOLE fans like LUMI? I HATE LUMI!!
Come on... :shame:
Liz
Just trying to make a point.............if you'll read that whole paragraph you'll see my very next sentence was WHO CARES?? Seriously! My point is we all have opinions just like.....um well....other things ;) and it really doesn't matter why we have those opinions..............we just do. I have mine, you have yours. I don't think it should really matter, just suffice it to say some like the "Safe" pairing.......while others don't. Meanwhile, this is a message board to offer those opinions and I will continue to do so as I'm sure you will as well.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ginababe
Apr 26 2009, 01:15 PM
Liz<3Days
JANALH
Since some on this board are presuming to know why I dislike a certain character, I thought I might jump into the fray and tell why I really don't like the character of Rafe. HE IS BORING!! HE HAS NO BACKSTORY!! THE ACTOR WHO PORTRAYS HIM IS ONE NOTE!! Just to name a few.

Yes, I'm an EJAMI fan, I've never made a secret about it. If it was just about that, I'm big enough to say it. After all, this is a message board for OPINIONS about soap operas. If I just disliked him based on the fact that he disrupted my couple, I'd let you know. My biggest beef is WHAT"S HIS POINT?? What is the point of Rafe?? To put it simply, angst. Like Socr so eloquently put it in an earlier post, watch the over your head anvils that show who the "root for couple" is. It's soap 101. Everything and everyone conspiring to keep the truth from the couple and that keeps them apart and drives them to other people. Simple. I see it everytime I watch the show. My point is Rafe just doesn't "bring it" to make me like him.

Honestly, I don't care that much one way or the other with regards to Rafe. I realize it's a plot point, and whether it works or not, I get it. What I don't get is why it matters why people don't care for him. So what if they're EJAMI fans? Since we're all talking about why "we think people dislike characters" I'll tell you what I think.........I think the people that are jumping on the "Safe" bandwagon (and the Ejole for that matter) are Lumi fans. Just what I think. But you know what? Who cares??? They can like or dislike whomever they choose for what ever reason they choose. Why not just let each person post their opinion without any responses about why they think that. Why try to analyze why someone cares or doesn't care for any particular character? Does it really matter? Is it going to change their opinion?? I don't think so.
You claim to not want people analyzing your opinions because you belong to a particular fan base....Yet you assume that people that are SAFE and/or EJOLE fans like LUMI? I HATE LUMI!!
Liz
I believe Jana's point was, if someone on the "Safe" side can call out people's opinions, then so can she, it's not a one way road, Liz. If you can't take it, don't dish it.
Exactly, Gina!! Thanks!!

ilovemydays

Liz<3Days
JANALH

Liz

Count me in as a non-Lumi fan that likes EJole. I'm also an EJole fan that could root for Bricole! LOL
Seriously, why would a Lumi fan like Safe? I could see a Lumi fan cheering for a Lumi/Safe triangle but I don't see the advantage for a Lumi fan to want to see Sami with another guy. Sounds like faulty, desperate illogical wishful thinking.

Like him or not GG has a lot of fans that want to see him in a storyline, and right now that is Safe. There are also Sami fans that are tired of watching her chasing after men that have hurt her in the past and want to see her with someone new. I don't get Safe yet but then again GG and AS were initially paired while AS was pregnant and Rafe and Sami haven't had much time to bond romantically since the birth of Grace. I'm willing to give them until Rafe's secret past life is exposed. It might explain why he would chose a woman like Sami.

Alligato
Member Avatar

shytstarter
Apr 26 2009, 03:15 PM
ginababe
Apr 26 2009, 03:08 PM
Amen, shyt! However it seems that in order for some people to give their opinion, they have to be rude and nasty and condescending to make it known, which is typical...so in order to communicate effectively on this thread, I shall respond in kind:

If it is my opinion that the EJami shit, excuse me, ship has sailed, then it is MY fucking opinion!!! I don't give a flying fuck who agrees with me, but no matter about paternity, that is what I think. :)
I also feel that I am in the majority in this opinion! ;) I have no numbers to back it up, but I do have lots of posts on this board, so I guess that means I know what I am saying. :)

The smiley emoticon is for you!

ginababe
BANNED

^^ It's passive aggressive comments like that Ali, that gets people's goat, and you wonder why we are so rude sometimes?? Hmm..? Perhaps, you should take a look in the mirror, and not be quite so judgmental.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Quote:

of all the snarky, snide comments made around here in countless threads you feel this is one that you should call out for being 'disagreeable'? :rolleyes: Just... :wow:
I dig snark and snide that is what message boards are all about. Hell, I live at TWOP. I didn't see your comments as fitting into either of those categories. It was a dig not only against the original poster but against little peons like me with under 100 posts. I think you assume too much. Just because a poster doesn't post a lot doesn't mean that they don't troll and observe and don't have as valid as an opinion as others with a higher post count. That was her observation based on what she thinks, which may be just as prejudiced as mine or yours, but they are hers and she is entitled to them. You have a right to contradict and disagree with her views, but to call those views invalid just because she doesn't have as high a post count as you, really??

I guess people like Angie, Rhianna and Alli are our masters, miss under 300, and we have nothing to say in light of their almighty high post count numbers.

And with all that said, I will let it go.

ginababe
BANNED

^^ you are what you names says...

shytstarter
Member Avatar

ginababe
Apr 26 2009, 05:13 PM
^^ you are what you names says...
Why do you think I picked it?? {insert unnecessary & juvenile shit-eating grin emoticon here} :biggrin:

My name is Shystarter and I endorse this message.

ginababe
BANNED

^^ I can't hate on that, at least you own up to it :D

Manda1

Well love them or hate them Safe is comming! :laugh: And Sami is going after her man! :wub: EJ has just got married. That is going to continue for a while yet and Safe is just moving to the next level! Philip has just been shot, Brady has just been beaten, and who knows what is going to happen to Stephanie!

These are Sami's ex-bro-in-law and uncle's brother, her step bro and soon cousin. Her family and EJ has hurt them and has not finished yet. She tells Rafe on Monday's eppy that what really got her about EJ was the cold blooded way he got dressed in his tux for the wedding and kneeled before God all calm and collected knowing he had ordered a murder!! :scared:

I see no Ejami in the foreseable future unless he kidnaps her, brainwashes her or lies and lies and lies to her denying his involvement with all of these crimes. Lies NEVER last they are always found out like the immigration thingy. Rafe and Sami have no secrets [at this stage] and no lies. It is honest and I think Sami finds that a challenge because she is so good at lying! :tounge:

EJ buys Sami's lies and Nicoles too - I mean the baby bump for 4 months :lol:
She cannot get lies past Rafe he sees through them and he challenges her to 'try the truth for a change' . She wants him as a positive father figure for Grace - EJ is a mobster killer no role model there - poor Sydney stuck in that evil house! I think when Sami finds out Sydney is her she'll want to get her away from living full time at the Dimera's not go and live if that hell hole herself Will, Ali and Johnny - Please - aint' gonna happen.

ginababe
BANNED

^^ I agree that Safe is coming, and that they will be together for the foreseeable future, as for further on down the line... considering how fast they were slapped together, that doesn't spell long term. I won't say what will happen, cause I don't know, no one does. I can only hope, like everyone else, that my the outcome will be in my favor.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

They either need to dock the Ejami ship or let it sail into oblivion permanently. Frankly, I think it sucks that characters such as Nicole, Rafe, Lucas, etc. have to stand by while the scribes play the "will they won't they" game. :sheep: Yada. Yada. Yada. WTF ever. Sami has four kids and needs to sit the heck down. Look out octomom here comes dear Samantha. She's so busy chasing pants that she has no time for her kids.Where in the dickens are Johnny/Allie? Oh, I forgot. Grace is the miracle child at the moment. She's the ticket to EJ who she has these "feelings" for or is it Rafe for the day? . It's like watching Lucas/EJ/Sami ten thousand times over again only with Rafe being in place this time around. It really sucks that they didn't see if Rafe clicked with one of the other females on the show before dooming him to Sami. He will NEVER get off the Ejami merrygoround. I love Ejole but not to the point of Nicole putting up with EJ's bullshit while he has his nose stuck up Sami's catooty. Sami's like a revolving door; let this one in let this one out. Round and round and all about. Seriously, that's why I can't stand this chick. She never has her freakin' mind set on anything. It's oh Rafe one moment and oh EJ the next. If EJ can't get his senses together, Nicole needs to give this joker the old heave ho. That's the problem. Women staying with men while they surely arent' worth it. Rafe is a nice guy; he clearly deserves more than to become another one of Sami's victims. Nicole needs to hand Sydney over to octomom and let that irritating Mia have her kid back who's not even capable of taking care of herself. Nicole needs to kick EJ's ass while he's mooning over Sami and then leave him standing there like a sucker. He is totally disrespecting his wife right now. Nicole needs to understand that when a man truly loves you he ain't thinking about another chick. She should run off with Brady (who's ultrafine) and never look back. I think that when she married EJ she got the shitty end of the stick. :frustration:

ginababe
BANNED

^^ Nicole was the one that was so hell bent on marrying EJ, so much so she resorted to all of her schemes, she is not innocent in all of this. And if life is so sucky w/ EJ, well then maybe she needs to tell the truth already. In regards to Sami and Rafe, and not letting Rafe be tested w/ another female besides Sami, I have to agree. They have not resolved EJami yet, but they bring on yet another guy for Sami? Why in fucks sake for?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I'm not sure what a catooty is, but I really like that word. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply