Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of April 27th; *UPDATED 4/25*
Topic Started: Apr 14 2009, 10:06 PM (13,054 Views)
lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

^^ Nicole was the one that was so hell bent on marrying EJ, so much so she resorted to all of her schemes, she is not innocent in all of this. And if life is so sucky w/ EJ, well then maybe she needs to tell the truth already. In regards to Sami and Rafe, and not letting Rafe be tested w/ another female besides Sami, I have to agree. They have not resolved EJami yet, but they bring on yet another guy for Sami? Why in fucks sake for?

Who said Nicole was innocent? It sure wasn't me. What does EJ dreaming of octomom have to do with her lying about the kid? Nothing. Besides, I think that EJ is doing some rather questionable things himself. He's lying, scheming, having dudes beat up, and ordering hits. So, that kind of puts him the same position as Nicole IMO. Tit for tat. As fine as Brady :rockon: is, Nicole doesn't have visions of him dancing in her head while she's doing the tango with EJ. That's just tacky on EJ's part. Who wants a man that's fantasizing over another? I don't care who the joker is; he can definitely take a serious dive over the nearest cliff. EJ/Nicole are two peas in a pod when it comes to badness, but Nicole only digs EJ. So, she needs to grab Pookie and find a man who truly understands that a true relationship doesn't have room for three. I don't believe either EJ or Sami have that mute point figured out. I do agree that they need to stop with all these men folk for Sami. Give the girl one man and let her stick with him. Geez.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FLRose

lazydazes
Apr 26 2009, 06:21 PM
Quote:

^^ Nicole was the one that was so hell bent on marrying EJ, so much so she resorted to all of her schemes, she is not innocent in all of this. And if life is so sucky w/ EJ, well then maybe she needs to tell the truth already. In regards to Sami and Rafe, and not letting Rafe be tested w/ another female besides Sami, I have to agree. They have not resolved EJami yet, but they bring on yet another guy for Sami? Why in fucks sake for?

Who said Nicole was innocent? It sure wasn't me. What does EJ dreaming of octomom have to do with her lying about the kid? Nothing. Besides, I think that EJ is doing some rather questionable things himself. He's lying, scheming, having dudes beat up, and ordering hits. So, that kind of puts him the same position as Nicole IMO. Tit for tat. As fine as Brady :rockon: is, Nicole doesn't have visions of him dancing in her head while she's doing the tango with EJ. That's just tacky on EJ's part. Who wants a man that's fantasizing over another? I don't care who the joker is; he can definitely take a serious dive over the nearest cliff. EJ/Nicole are two peas in a pod when it comes to badness, but Nicole only digs EJ. So, she needs to grab Pookie and find a man who truly understands that a true relationship doesn't have room for three. I don't believe either EJ or Sami have that mute point figured out. I do agree that they need to stop with all these men folk for Sami. Give the girl one man and let her stick with him. Geez.
Where is Pookie these days?

ginababe
BANNED

lazydazes
Apr 26 2009, 06:21 PM
Quote:

I most certainly understand your frustration over EJ dreaming of Sami while making love to Nicole, but I believe this relationship was doomed from the moment EJ rebounded w/ Nicole and called out Sami's name, can you really be surprised that he is still dreaming about her?? As for the tit for tat, that is usually reserved for when people are doing things against each other. Nicole is doing things (maybe not to get at EJ) but she is doing these things without him knowing. The beating up Brady, shooting Phillip etc.. had nothing to do w/ Nicole, so you can't use the "Tit for tat" comment to describe both their actions, because they really having nothing to do w/ each other.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

I think the concept of "end-game" couples on Days and perhaps soap wide is a thing of the past, which I am not altogether displeased about. Frankly, I find the supercouple concept boring and predictable over time.

I have to say even though I am not an Ejami fan, I find the storytelling perplexing and constant retconning annoying and I am not taking about the "R" word. That was an unfortunate storyline twist that should have never happened. I didn't love the resolution and half-assed way they dealt with it, but I'm over it and I understand that others aren't and I can respect that. The retconning I hate is the notion that they had this great passionate love in the past that Samantha and others acknowledge. Also that Samantha ever made any affirmative, vocal, undeniable and binding proclamation of love to EJ's face. That never happened and it annoys me to no end everytime this is alluded to.

The part I find perplexing is why go through the Sami drops another fetal load from her clown car of a uterus just to bring along another viable love interest for Sami. It is almost as if TPTB are determined to not have them be together. Frankly, I was at the shit or get off the pot point with these two over a year ago. I really thought they had one clean shot to get these two together when Lucas went away to jail for all those months. At that time they should have been bonding and growing closer, but instead we had little to no movement for much of that time and Sami's constant bitchface. It wasn't until two weeks before Lucas came back that we had any significant progress that subsequently went right out the window upon Lucas' return. At that point I was just really done with this pair.

I don't even know how an Ejami union (can't call it a reunion since they were never really together) can happen at this point. I really don't want EJ redeemed or "saved from the DiMeras" because I just love him as a bad guy and apparently so does JS. Plus someone younger has to assume the mantle from JM as the antagonist of the show, why not JS? Also, I don't see TPTB backing off their ill-conceived notion of Sami being the romantic heroine of the show. Add to all this the show moving away from the DiMera vs. Brady war to the DiMera vs. Kiriakis war and it just makes me wonder.

ginababe
BANNED

I agree, about the "Sami saying I love you but we never saw it" as an EJami fan, I've longed for that day, and it sucks that it has been alluded to, yet it happened off screen.

As for EJ assuming Stefano's role. I don't believe James Scott wants his character completely bad, infact he has said as much, I do think he enjoys playing the darker shades of gray, as opposed to the white washed version we've seen, but he mentioned, he didn't want EJ to go back to the murdering rapist he was written as before. I believe James wants EJ to be a as he said "bad boy with a heart", not the antagonist of the show. But ultimately, unfortunately, it's not up to James. I can only hope that TPTB heed the wishes of James, and not make his character so evil.

esp13
Member Avatar

^^^Awesome post. I totally agree about the retconnning of Sami's "love" for EJ. A love she never admitted to in any way, shape, or form and which AS certainly never played. To the extent it exists it's only in the declarations of other people. And I, for one, have never bought it. I could have accepted EJami a year ago when they seemed headed in the right direction, but the minute that Sami ran out of the room to go beg forgiveness from Lucas -- again, I was done. I don't think she's ever loved EJ and I don't think she ever will love EJ.

Deleted User
Deleted User

shytstarter
Apr 26 2009, 03:06 PM
Quote:

Well, thank you Dr. Phil. ^o) And to think you've come to that diagnosis of 98% of all those who find Rafe boring in your long career of...what is that? 84 posts to date? :lol:
So the more posts a person has the more valid their opinion? That makes a lot of sense.
Than you shystarter,, LOL .. I got a chuckle out of that myself and was like WTF does that even matter.
Is there post validation requirement? Does having 84 posts mean I dont watch soaps? Ive only been watching 25 years give or take maybe IM not qualified.. :scared:

And "SocRMom" talk about your Dr Phil .. hahahhaaaaaa.. Hey Pot meet Kettle..
That was quite an explanation of why Sami does what she does,and when she does it and how ofcourse it all points to her "love for" EJ. :sheep:

**Oh one more thing .. the "98%: its called a "Generalization" kinda like a estimate the number was put there to indicate the sweeping difference in the scale. Had I known it would be taken for "fact" I would have said it in more general terms.**

And why is it that people feel that Sami's baby will mean more to him then the child he thinks he already has with Nicole? That if he only "knew" Sami also was pregnant and had a baby he would walk away from the mother (or so he thinks) of his other child.. who also happenes to be his wife, the woman he keeps saying "I love you" to.
Ofcourse when he finds out about Nicoles lie he will be furious.. But to imagine that he wont be furious with Sami over her lies to me (Dr Phil) Ludicrous.

**this might make 85 posts *on *THIS* board, perhaps in a few years I may have enough that my opinion qualifies** :'(
I guess my years posting at other boards dont count as me being qualified either.. ~sighs~
Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

Taelyn, you were making a generalization about a fanbase, and you don't have the "numbers" to back it up with. No one, and I mean no one, should make comments referencing numbers, when they can't back it up. You are not taking into account the GA's POV. I think the best thing everyone can do is just speak for your self, and not for everyone else, or who you think is "everyone else". That will keep the bickering down at least.
Edited by ginababe, Apr 26 2009, 07:35 PM.

pagraves
Member Avatar

I have no idea how many posts I have. I don't post here often, although I lurk regularly. However, I'm going to wade into the does Sami love EJ waters.

No, I don't think she does. I think she wants to care about him because he's Johnny's father (and now Grace's, or so she thinks), but she doesn't trust him and ultimately, I don't think she really likes him very much, either. Sami may not be a good girl, but I think she generally wants to do the right thing (at least as she sees it). And she knows that EJ is dangerous and entirely too comfortable living the DiMera life to ever be a good choice for a life partner.

That doesn't mean she won't try to "protect" him from Nicole, who she hates and distrusts. It doesn't mean she's not torn about the children they share. But I've never once thought she loved him because Ali doesn't play Sami that way.

I thought there was a time they could have been a very interesting couple, and I was all for watching that unfold. Unfortunately, for me, the rape ripped that possibility to shreds. Had they played the story differently over the ensuing years, and given EJ a true, remorseful redemption (similar to Jack Deveraux's, for instance), I might have bought an EJami pairing. But they didn't, and the chemistry I remember from the tango on the pier just never regained its former glory. I lost interest in seeing them paired, preferring even Lucas to EJ for Sami, and I was never a Lumi fan. Do I think Rafe is her soulmate? No, probably not. I can even see the flaws in GG's acting and in the shallow development of his character. But when Sami and Rafe are together, I believe that they really care about each other and find each other attractive. I don't see that anymore with EJ/Sami or Lucas/Sami. So while I'm not a diehard Safe fan, I think it's a viable, watchable relationship, and I don't have any problem with rooting for Rafe's character to be developed more so that maybe it'll turn into something special.

Back to lurking in three...two...one...

ginababe
BANNED

you know what they say when you "assume"... :P

Deleted User
Deleted User

ginababe
Apr 26 2009, 07:34 PM
Taelyn, you were making a generalization about a fanbase, and you don't have the "numbers" to back it up with. No one, and I mean no one, should make comments referencing numbers, when they can't back it up. You are not taking into account the GA's POV. I think the best thing everyone can do is just speak for your self, and not for everyone else, or who you think is "everyone else". That will keep the bickering down at least.
Gina
If you look at my OP it was based on my "opinion" Im entitled to have an opinion on other fanbases, much the same as Ejami's have opinions and speak them often and loud and often rudely to anyone who is a NON Ejami..And we have to read generalzations every day alwys assuming we MUST be Lumi's.. Now is this every Ejami ?? NO.. ofcourse not, but Ive been around long enough and to enough different sites to have my own perspective of percentages.
And I do respect their POV, and Im fine with everyone liking who they like. But Im just as within my rights to be pumped for my couple and root for them, and say why I feel as I do as any Ejami.

I was just sharing my POV when SocRMom was rude to me. And to my knowledge there is no rule about postng numbers or opinions about numbers especially when they are offered as "opinions"

Im not here to bicker.. just here to converse and talk about My favorite couple, Just like Ejami fans.
Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

^^ Taelyn, take care of your self, don't worry what other posters do or say, you can't control that, that is my only advice to you, take it or leave it. But it's always dangerous territory, when you share an opinion, based an assumption you made, and then include a percentage in it, because in that case, you you shouldn't be generalizing period, if it's just your opinion. If you want to generalize, have it somewhat based in fact, not opinion, and people won't get as up in arms with you.
Edited by ginababe, Apr 26 2009, 08:21 PM.

madelinehawaii

shytstarter
Apr 26 2009, 06:28 PM
I don't even know how an Ejami union (can't call it a reunion since they were never really together) can happen at this point. I really don't want EJ redeemed or "saved from the DiMeras" because I just love him as a bad guy and apparently so does JS. Plus someone younger has to assume the mantle from JM as the antagonist of the show, why not JS? Also, I don't see TPTB backing off their ill-conceived notion of Sami being the romantic heroine of the show. Add to all this the show moving away from the DiMera vs. Brady war to the DiMera vs. Kiriakis war and it just makes me wonder.
really? if they dropped a five ton anvil they couldn't be more obvious about it and as for what JS wants or doesn't want, I hardly think that's the point any longer. It's what Tomlin wants and writing EJ into a corner when they have him go BSC might be amusing to watch and then what? The antagonists on this show never stay for long without turning into a joke. The only exception has been Victor, who wasn't being written by these clowns and after a certain point stayed because he was no longer in that role.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ginababe
Apr 26 2009, 08:11 PM
you know what they say when you "assume"... :P
No.. what do "They" say?
And who are They?
And how do we know They say it ? :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

you really have never hearld that old adage? When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me! ;)

michelle
Member Avatar

Though Sami did not/has not declared her love for EJ out loud to him, I believe that by making love with him last May, that was her way of giving in to that love and her admission of it. No, not everyone who makes love is in love, but in Sami's case, I believe she loves EJ, and she let US know that, by making love with him.

Since Stephano's return, I believe EJ has been continually brainwashed by his father.

EJ had changed and showed it in many ways, beginning with turning on his father and telling Marlena about John. He was totally there for Sami and the kids when Lucas was sent to prison. This IS the real EJ - not the lying, hit ordering, beating people up, guy we see right now. Had Stephano not come back, what kind of story would be happening between these two? Sami would have told him about her pregnancy and all this hiding crap would be over or would have never happened.

As long as Stephano is around, I don't think we will be seeing any EJAMIness.

Which is sad cause Rafe and Sami are just so very dull, to me.
Edited by michelle, Apr 26 2009, 08:28 PM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

The beating up Brady, shooting Phillip etc.. had nothing to do w/ Nicole, so you can't use the "Tit for tat" comment to describe both their actions, because they really having nothing to do w/ each other.

I had to hit me a good sip :drunk: on that remark. Uh, aren't these still labeled CRIMES? I'm sorry. If Nicole goes down, so does every other non-law abiding citizen in Salem. And that includes my beloved EJ. I'm sure that EJ's lawyer's license would be in danger of being revoked after charges of assault/battery and kidnapping are brought to light. When they get Nicole's cell padded, she's going to have some company. Please! That's what irks me about this Ejami crap. Everyone else is burned at the stake while octomom/others get a free pass. Shoot, a roach would probably be sentenced to hell if it got in the path of Ejami. The poor sucker wouldn't even have a chance. Help anything if it gets in the way of the Ejami train. I hope it crashes/burns. :rockon:

ginababe
BANNED

James said in Hartford, we will start to see EJ coming out from under Stefano's thumb, and that he will take over the family business, but will run things differently from the way his father has ran them. This tells me that EJ will probably find out about Stefano's role in the hit on Sami and will start to cut all ties to him (hopefully for good this time). Does it mean, he will be all good? Probably not, but why would we want that? Give us grey EJ!!

ginababe
BANNED

EJ does not use his children as pawns, they way stefano does, that is one huge difference between father and son. They made it a point to show that by constantly bringing to the audiences attention that he shares custody of Johnny w/ Sami. This of course was after he tried to keep him, but I believe EJ has learned that his children are not pawns, and should not be treated as such. Unlike his father, EJ has a brain, and occasionally, (LOL) he uses it! :lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

michelle
Apr 26 2009, 08:25 PM
Though Sami did not/has not declared her love for EJ out loud to him, I believe that by making love with him last May, that was her way of giving in to that love and her admission of it. No, not everyone who makes love is in love, but in Sami's case, I believe she loves EJ, and she let US know that, by making love with him.

Since Stephano's return, I believe EJ has been continually brainwashed by his father.

EJ had changed and showed it in many ways, beginning with turning on his father and telling Marlena about John. He was totally there for Sami and the kids when Lucas was sent to prison. This IS the real EJ - not the lying, hit ordering, beating people up, guy we see right now. Had Stephano not come back, what kind of story would be happening between these two? Sami would have told him about her pregnancy and all this hiding crap would be over or would have never happened.

As long as Stephano is around, I don't think we will be seeing any EJAMIness.

Which is sad cause Rafe and Sami are just so very dull, to me.
In the words of Sami Brady herself regarding that night.

"Sometimes Sex..Is just Sex..Dont make it into something its not"

So in Sami's eyes she was horny and gettin a little sexual release.. She refused to consider it more then that, and while she said "she did have to feel something to sleep with him, she didnt love him".

Those are Sami's words.

Now that said, around this time I just wanted TPTB to make up their mind I didnt care who she was with anymore, I just wanted off the rollercoaster. I was never a Lumi, and while I prefered him to EJ I was perfectly happy with the Idea of Sami alone too. But mostly I just wanted someone to make up their minds, atleast for a week ot two.
But at this point for me, I see no way they can return to any chance at Ejami. Sami wont choose to live with a man like EJ, And He wont ever be the kind of man she would want him to be. Somethings cant be undone.. And the writers have chosen the path for EJ.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply