Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of April 27th; *UPDATED 4/25*
Topic Started: Apr 14 2009, 10:06 PM (12,880 Views)
samixxx
Member Avatar

pagraves
Apr 26 2009, 07:36 PM
I have no idea how many posts I have. I don't post here often, although I lurk regularly. However, I'm going to wade into the does Sami love EJ waters.

No, I don't think she does. I think she wants to care about him because he's Johnny's father (and now Grace's, or so she thinks), but she doesn't trust him and ultimately, I don't think she really likes him very much, either. Sami may not be a good girl, but I think she generally wants to do the right thing (at least as she sees it). And she knows that EJ is dangerous and entirely too comfortable living the DiMera life to ever be a good choice for a life partner.

That doesn't mean she won't try to "protect" him from Nicole, who she hates and distrusts. It doesn't mean she's not torn about the children they share. But I've never once thought she loved him because Ali doesn't play Sami that way.

I thought there was a time they could have been a very interesting couple, and I was all for watching that unfold. Unfortunately, for me, the rape ripped that possibility to shreds. Had they played the story differently over the ensuing years, and given EJ a true, remorseful redemption (similar to Jack Deveraux's, for instance), I might have bought an EJami pairing. But they didn't, and the chemistry I remember from the tango on the pier just never regained its former glory. I lost interest in seeing them paired, preferring even Lucas to EJ for Sami, and I was never a Lumi fan. Do I think Rafe is her soulmate? No, probably not. I can even see the flaws in GG's acting and in the shallow development of his character. But when Sami and Rafe are together, I believe that they really care about each other and find each other attractive. I don't see that anymore with EJ/Sami or Lucas/Sami. So while I'm not a diehard Safe fan, I think it's a viable, watchable relationship, and I don't have any problem with rooting for Rafe's character to be developed more so that maybe it'll turn into something special.

Back to lurking in three...two...one...
I agree, this is such a wonderful post and relates to all of my thoughts except I am a Safe fan lol, thanks. I was an Ejami fan even after that day because I thought that a strong story could be told. I think both James and Ali were cheated out of powerful scenes concerning that night and could have made Ejami one to remember without the stigma of just that night. JMO
Edited by samixxx, Apr 26 2009, 11:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

michelle
Apr 26 2009, 08:25 PM
Though Sami did not/has not declared her love for EJ out loud to him, I believe that by making love with him last May, that was her way of giving in to that love and her admission of it. No, not everyone who makes love is in love, but in Sami's case, I believe she loves EJ, and she let US know that, by making love with him.

Since Stephano's return, I believe EJ has been continually brainwashed by his father.

EJ had changed and showed it in many ways, beginning with turning on his father and telling Marlena about John. He was totally there for Sami and the kids when Lucas was sent to prison. This IS the real EJ - not the lying, hit ordering, beating people up, guy we see right now. Had Stephano not come back, what kind of story would be happening between these two? Sami would have told him about her pregnancy and all this hiding crap would be over or would have never happened.

As long as Stephano is around, I don't think we will be seeing any EJAMIness.

Which is sad cause Rafe and Sami are just so very dull, to me.
This is a really great post and I pretty much agree with all of it.

I don't think I can ever really believe anything Sami says regarding relationships because she's a pathological liar and seems to have bipolar disorder so that's why I don't/won't accept Sami's claim after sleeping with EJ that it was "just sex" as Sami is not and has never been a girl with one night stands just out to have fun and get laid rather than a complete, and sometimes psychotically so i.e. her relationship with Austin, romantic. That said, her action of sleeping with EJ while it showed she was willing to accept she loved him in the moment, I think she showed we was also certainly not over Lucas and not totally willing to give into her love of EJ by running after him after he came home from prison.

Really though I don't think Sami is capable of loving EJ at this point just as I don't think she's capable of loving anyone because she doesn't love herself. That's why she's always self-sabotaging any chance of a healthy relationship with any of the men in her stable and always juggling them.

She doesn't know how to love. All she knows how to do is string men along and get attention from them so that's what she goes with, without any concern for how poorly neglected and screwed up her litter is going to be as a result of her impulsive actions. Then when one of them gets fed up or tries to move on she puts on the waterworks or gets on her knees or begs or creates some big scene long enough to convince her she has that guy wrapped around her finger again and then she moves on to the next one.

The question is with this show ever allow Sami any sort of growth in relationships before this show gets cancelled. Honestly, I kind of doubt it.

MrsDimera

michelle
Apr 26 2009, 08:25 PM
Though Sami did not/has not declared her love for EJ out loud to him, I believe that by making love with him last May, that was her way of giving in to that love and her admission of it. No, not everyone who makes love is in love, but in Sami's case, I believe she loves EJ, and she let US know that, by making love with him.

Since Stephano's return, I believe EJ has been continually brainwashed by his father.

EJ had changed and showed it in many ways, beginning with turning on his father and telling Marlena about John. He was totally there for Sami and the kids when Lucas was sent to prison. This IS the real EJ - not the lying, hit ordering, beating people up, guy we see right now. Had Stephano not come back, what kind of story would be happening between these two? Sami would have told him about her pregnancy and all this hiding crap would be over or would have never happened.

As long as Stephano is around, I don't think we will be seeing any EJAMIness.

Which is sad cause Rafe and Sami are just so very dull, to me.
Don't forget about their stairway sex in the hospital...I still can't believe Nicole got with him after watching that surveillance video. Drink another one Nicole :drunk:

esp13
Member Avatar

Sami and EJ didn't have sex in the stairway at the hospital. I don't think they even kissed, did they? I think that's where Sami admitted her famous "feelings" for EJ, but that's about it -- as far as I recall. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

They got pretty hot and heavy - but they didn't have sex in the stairwell. Nicole witnessed the make out session. You're right, though - that is where EJ quizzed Sami about where things stood with Lucas and with them and she admitted that she loved Lucas but was moving on and anything was possible.

michelle
Member Avatar

What was more telling than even the stairwell scene was when Sami stayed with Lucas in the cabin while she was hiding her pregnancy from EJ. Numerous times Lucas told her to tell EJ and you could see how much she really wanted to tell him. But while trying to tell him and finding him naked with Nicole, and then the mayor's murder, yada yada yada, it did not happen.

Don't forget, when EJ found out Nic was pregnant, he came to the cabin to tell Sami everything was a mess, he was distraught about the fact Nic was pregnant and he didn't know what to do. Sami told him he needed to move on with Nic, but in doing so, she was holding back tears the entire time. She didn't want EJ to pick her just because she was pregnant too.

I think part of her has turned to Rafe because she wants a man who doesn't want anyone else and like it or not, EJ did move on with Nicole. Of course, he still loves Sami and this complicates matters even more.

Why Nicole married him while knowing this, and believe me she does, all to achieve her idea of a "perfect" family is silly. No real woman would marry someone knowing of their unresolved feelings for someone else. She should have run off with Brady who loves her and only her.

bellebelle

Manda1
Apr 26 2009, 05:32 PM
Well love them or hate them Safe is comming! :laugh: And Sami is going after her man! :wub: EJ has just got married. That is going to continue for a while yet and Safe is just moving to the next level! Philip has just been shot, Brady has just been beaten, and who knows what is going to happen to Stephanie!

These are Sami's ex-bro-in-law and uncle's brother, her step bro and soon cousin. Her family and EJ has hurt them and has not finished yet. She tells Rafe on Monday's eppy that what really got her about EJ was the cold blooded way he got dressed in his tux for the wedding and kneeled before God all calm and collected knowing he had ordered a murder!! :scared:

I see no Ejami in the foreseable future unless he kidnaps her, brainwashes her or lies and lies and lies to her denying his involvement with all of these crimes. Lies NEVER last they are always found out like the immigration thingy. Rafe and Sami have no secrets [at this stage] and no lies. It is honest and I think Sami finds that a challenge because she is so good at lying! :tounge:

EJ buys Sami's lies and Nicoles too - I mean the baby bump for 4 months :lol:
She cannot get lies past Rafe he sees through them and he challenges her to 'try the truth for a change' . She wants him as a positive father figure for Grace - EJ is a mobster killer no role model there - poor Sydney stuck in that evil house! I think when Sami finds out Sydney is her she'll want to get her away from living full time at the Dimera's not go and live if that hell hole herself Will, Ali and Johnny - Please - aint' gonna happen.
i dunno sami has always forgiven him in the past regardless of what heinous thing he did. :D and as for the whole family loyalty thing well lets see first off brady knew that sami was in the wp and then he knew when she got out yet he didnt go see her till about a month after she was out and i think that was just a run in at the pub. didnt seem to be too worried that she was almost killed, no he had better things to do like tag along after his new bff, sami's #1 enemy and listen to her bad mouth sami every other second and never once did i hear him stand up for her. also he still was talking to nichole even after philip got shot at and she is with ej. also they make it seem like he is gonna hook up with nichole even after the whole she stole his sisters baby thing so i really dont think she owes it to him outta loyalty to stay away from ej just cus he beat him up for hanging around his finance trying to get her to leave him the day of their wedding. family loyalty seems to be a one way street when it comes to sami and thats why i never thought she should be too overly worried that she loved ej because really in my opinion her family doesnt deserve it and they are never standing up for her when she needs it or others are badmouthing her so boo hoo if she loves a man that isnt their best friend. im sure they will find some excuse like they always do to explain why ej acted that way and to give a reason why sami would be with him again. i think its kinda lame that they have to do this in order to keep ejami seperated and the excuses are pretty lame as well but hey we cant write this thing so we just have hang threw some dumb stuff for this couple cus theyre friggen hot, interesting, and they sure in the heck beats snoozefeast safe and tashy trainwreck ejoke!

esp13
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Apr 27 2009, 12:50 PM
They got pretty hot and heavy - but they didn't have sex in the stairwell. Nicole witnessed the make out session. You're right, though - that is where EJ quizzed Sami about where things stood with Lucas and with them and she admitted that she loved Lucas but was moving on and anything was possible.
Thanks. I don't know why I don't remember them kissing at all. I remember the escape into the stairwell because of the gas and I remember Sami tripping EJ because she hallucinated that he was Stefano and I remember her being freaked out about that. And I remember the "feelings" conversation, and I even remember Nicole watching them on the monitor. But I have absolutely no recollection of any kissing. Very strange.
Edited by esp13, Apr 27 2009, 03:06 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ Don't feel bad, it was pretty forgettable. EJ stopped their little fling because he felt like he was cheating on Nicole (his words, not mine). Sami could barely get it out that she had some sort of feelings for him, but she did say that she couldn't take her night with EJ back, so anything was possible.
That was about the extent of thier stairwell "love scene". LMAO!

There was potential there, but as with all EJ/Sami scenes, it falls way flat. EJ had his chance at Sami again, but he stopped it.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

esp13
Apr 27 2009, 03:05 PM
SocRMum1
Apr 27 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks. I don't know why I don't remember them kissing at all. I remember the escape into the stairwell because of the gas and I remember Sami tripping EJ because she hallucinated that he was Stefano and I remember her being freaked out about that. And I remember the "feelings" conversation, and I even remember Nicole watching them on the monitor. But I have absolutely no recollection of any kissing. Very strange.
Really? What a shame - they were great scenes! :wub2:

I know that a number of banners/avatars have been made as a result of those scenes. Here's one:
Posted Image

ilovemydays

Alligato
Apr 27 2009, 04:04 PM
^ Don't feel bad, it was pretty forgettable. EJ stopped their little fling because he felt like he was cheating on Nicole (his words, not mine). Sami could barely get it out that she had some sort of feelings for him, but she did say that she couldn't take her night with EJ back, so anything was possible.

There was potential there, but as with all EJ/Sami scenes, it falls way flat. EJ had his chance at Sami again, but he stopped it.

You're dead on about the kiss being forgettable.

Unfortunately I do remember the dialog. EJ pressed Sami to tell him how she feels and she says that she loves Lucas and always will but he doesn't want anything to do with her so she has no choice but to move on. Then EJ hugged her and said that it was more than he had hoped for!

OMG! For me it was EJ's all time lowest moment! TPTB basically ripped off EJ's balls and presented them to Sami on a doily. It was truly painful to watch.

michelle
Member Avatar

I thought the stairwell scene was hot too. And as Alligato said, EJ stopped it NOT Sami. In that scene, Sami wanted him bad and said she didn't know what she would ever do if something happened to him.

If Sami didn't really have feelings or love for EJ, why was she so torn up at the cabin when he came to ask for help for what to do about Nicole's pregnancy? She was in anguish and holding back tears the whole time they were talking, and then after he left, she hung her head down and cried. If she had no feelings for him, then why?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

michelle
Apr 27 2009, 07:15 PM
I thought the stairwell scene was hot too. And as Alligato said, EJ stopped it NOT Sami. In that scene, Sami wanted him bad and said she didn't know what she would ever do if something happened to him.

If Sami didn't really have feelings or love for EJ, why was she so torn up at the cabin when he came to ask for help for what to do about Nicole's pregnancy? She was in anguish and holding back tears the whole time they were talking, and then after he left, she hung her head down and cried. If she had no feelings for him, then why?
Agreed. Not to mention the times she dreamed about him at the 'safe' house - mentioning that every time she closed her eyes all she could see was EJ.

I enjoyed the stairwell scene even though the aftermath was disappointing. But such is life as a EJami fan. They manage to convey in moments what other pairings can't sell with months and months of canoodling. :)

Bradytime

Brady and EJ getting into outside the pub today, was good and with Nicole being the tention between them, this could get interesting.

I also enjoyed the scenes between Rafe and Sami. It looks like Sami's jealous bones are raised, when she sees Rafe and Arianna (sp). I'm thinking that is his sister.

As for the rest of the spoilers, I can't get excited about.

I'm Bradytime, this is my first posting here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. :wave:

Manda1

ilovemydays
Apr 27 2009, 04:29 PM
Alligato
Apr 27 2009, 04:04 PM

You're dead on about the kiss being forgettable.

Unfortunately I do remember the dialog. EJ pressed Sami to tell him how she feels and she says that she loves Lucas and always will but he doesn't want anything to do with her so she has no choice but to move on. Then EJ hugged her and said that it was more than he had hoped for!

OMG! For me it was EJ's all time lowest moment! TPTB basically ripped off EJ's balls and presented them to Sami on a doily. It was truly painful to watch.
OMG! For me it was EJ's all time lowest moment! TPTB basically ripped off EJ's balls and presented them to Sami on a doily. It was truly painful to watch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shellybean77
Member Avatar

I'm not really a ejami fan anymore due to the time that has gone by and the fact that they have never been together truly. But a thought crossed my mind. What if we have all been fooled and EJ is not really a bad guy again but been brainwashed by Stefano (like others have been in the past like hope believing she's princess gina). We all know that ever since the mayors murder EJ has not been himself, the true EJ we all know would have never fell for the lies Nicole has told. Or even better maybe EJ has a evil twin cousin(like andre?) and EJ is being held prisoner some where. LOL ,

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

shellybean77
Apr 28 2009, 06:11 PM
I'm not really a ejami fan anymore due to the time that has gone by and the fact that they have never been together truly. But a thought crossed my mind. What if we have all been fooled and EJ is not really a bad guy again but been brainwashed by Stefano (like others have been in the past like hope believing she's princess gina). We all know that ever since the mayors murder EJ has not been himself, the true EJ we all know would have never fell for the lies Nicole has told. Or even better maybe EJ has a evil twin cousin(like andre?) and EJ is being held prisoner some where. LOL ,
From your keyboard to the soap god's ears... :hail: :hail:

FLRose

shellybean77
Very interesting. I like how you think. A HUGE ( I mean, huge) twist would be this all interesting again.

ges
Member Avatar

shellybean77
Higley is not that clever. She is just a schitzo. :drunk: She made E.J. into a dumb ass who marries a woman he full-well knows only cares about money, because she had told him so when she was his client. So when all of her bull is exposed (I am especially appalled by how she bullies around Mia) and E.J. dumps her ass and loses half of the DiMera "Empire" to Nicole he has nobody to blame but himself. This is Higley's version of making him a nuanced and darker character. Not noticing that his wife has a beach-ball for a stomach for months, and no pre-nup. Although , on a happier note I am glad Brady got a good smack-down. It seems to have knocked some sense into him, frankly. He is still an accessory to Nicole's crimes. Wait until E.J. finds out that he helped Nicole to carry off this deception. I hope they fight shirtless.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ges
Apr 29 2009, 12:46 PM
shellybean77
Higley is not that clever. She is just a schitzo. :drunk: She made E.J. into a dumb ass who marries a woman he full-well knows only cares about money, because she had told him so when she was his client. So when all of her bull is exposed (I am especially appalled by how she bullies around Mia) and E.J. dumps her ass and loses half of the DiMera "Empire" to Nicole he has nobody to blame but himself. This is Higley's version of making him a nuanced and darker character. Not noticing that his wife has a beach-ball for a stomach for months, and no pre-nup. Although , on a happier note I am glad Brady got a good smack-down. It seems to have knocked some sense into him, frankly. He is still an accessory to Nicole's crimes. Wait until E.J. finds out that he helped Nicole to carry off this deception. I hope they fight shirtless.
:lol: :lol: Now THAT is what I call finding a silver lining! :cheers:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply