Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: May Sweeps spoilers
Topic Started: Apr 15 2009, 05:34 PM (9,971 Views)
Red Mist
Member Avatar

I find it very frusterating that DH and Tomlin do not wrap up these long running sls before moving onto new ones...This was a mistake that Passions made and there was never a resolution, never a payoff and everything was soooo god damn anticlimactic that I had to give the show up.

I see nothing in these sweeps that says...exciting and dramatic climax......ARGH! Sweeps were always about the Climax. I feel like a woman trapped in a relationship with a bad lover. Dools I am so leaving you for the postman. lol

I am mad as hell about Bope being made the Lame couple of the show...Seriously, my fav couple for years is now a joke. It chaps my ass in ways I can not express...give my butt some Burt's Bees wax please!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

KathyRon
Apr 15 2009, 08:48 PM
Amello
Apr 15 2009, 08:26 PM
fancyface78
Apr 15 2009, 08:16 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepagain
By fitting I meant, they don't have many strong connections to the next installment of lead characters. Give them their happy ending and catapult DAYS into its new identity, whatever that may be, LOL

But yes I agree with you, their story is complete drivel and Higley, Tomlin and company should be ashamed of themselves for putting it on paper, let alone on screen.
The problem with Days has been said over and over again by many fans across ALL the boards. WE HAVE LAZY WRITERS ON THIS SHOW! :shithitfan: They claim not to know how to write for the older vets EVEN THOUGH they are the same age or older, than the vets on this show! :redface: There are are sooooo many avenues they could go to if they wanted to write a good storyline for Peter & Kristian! One without interlopers or splitting them up over a stupid vision!

When Ed Scott was with the show, there was discussion regarding bringing back the "JT" character. For those that don't remember, this was the child that was "switched" between Hope and Lexie, during 3000th babyswitch storylines! :laugh: Anyway, JT had medical/possible mental issues. This was before Dena's autism storyline came about. This would have been a GREAT storyline for Peter & Kristian! However, we all know what happened to Ed and of course, Dena wanted to do the Autism storyline, so this idea has been dropped! :angry: I could list several others, but so could other people. I'm just saying that Corday, Dena and company SHOULD NOT continue to put these great actors out to "pasteur" just because they're well over 35, by giving them crapola storylines like "Bo's vision"! :frustration: Once again, JMO!
Stefano and Victor are front and center and they are over 60 :)

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

fancyface78
Apr 15 2009, 08:19 PM
Mikegoldy
KathyRon
Apr 15 2009, 07:46 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepagainRARELY show Bo & Hope is already a loss for this show! :redface: So I guess some people would rather see the longtime Days fans that LOVED SUPERCOUPLES like Bo & Hope just completely leave this show? :OhMy: Sadly, there is no one else on this show that I have really grown to support more than Bope left on this show! :shame: And believe me, I have tried! I just think there needs to be some balance on Days between vets and the newbees and Days is falling way short of that now. Even when Peter & Kristian joined the show back in the 80s, the show still had stories that incorporated the vets. If I wanted to watch Gossip Girl, I would turn it on at 8:00 p.m. I'm not trying to watch at 11:00 p.m. on SoapNet when Days is suppose to be on! :soapbox: But that's JMO! :shrug:
I have no "desire" to have any fan stop watching the show. However, I don't think that Bo and Hope desever a story because they are a "super couple." I would love to get to know who Bo and Hope are as characters and not always think they have to be chained together. Believe me, I am a huge fan of Peter and Kristian, and would love for them to have major story. I'm a fan of characters, not couples for the most part.
I don't think they need a story because they're a supercouple. I think they're great actors and I also like the characters...as a couple and as individuals. Obviously, since they are a married couple, whatever the story is will impact both characters..that pretty much goes without saying. However, it is possible to give them a decent storyline other than "visions" and supernatural nonsense. Its ridiculous and insulting not only to the fans, but Peter and Kristian as well.
Believe me, their story is awful. I think everyone can agree with that. Personally, I would like to see Bo and Hope be more involved in the community and for them to also have stories of their own. But, I get the feeling that people want them to repeat the same stories from 25 years ago, and that time is over. Bo and Hope SHOULD be involved in the Philip and Stephanie story, as well as with the DiMera-Kiriakis story. There is a story to tell, I know that.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Apr 15 2009, 09:02 PM
fancyface78
Mikegoldy

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepagainRARELY show Bo & Hope is already a loss for this show! :redface: So I guess some people would rather see the longtime Days fans that LOVED SUPERCOUPLES like Bo & Hope
I don't think they need a story because they're a supercouple. I think they're great actors and I also like the characters...as a couple and as individuals. Obviously, since they are a married couple, whatever the story is will impact both characters..that pretty much goes without saying. However, it is possible to give them a decent storyline other than "visions" and supernatural nonsense. Its ridiculous and insulting not only to the fans, but Peter and Kristian as well.
Believe me, their story is awful. I think everyone can agree with that. Personally, I would like to see Bo and Hope be more involved in the community and for them to also have stories of their own. But, I get the feeling that people want them to repeat the same stories from 25 years ago, and that time is over. Bo and Hope SHOULD be involved in the Philip and Stephanie story, as well as with the DiMera-Kiriakis story. There is a story to tell, I know that.
I get the feeling sometimes too that people want to relive the 80s and have Bo and Hope go on an adventure. But I'm pretty realistic as far as my expectations for a story go. As I mentioned above...there are still enough people on the canvas that Bo and Hope are related to so there is no reason they cannot be tied in to those stories....

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

^ I'm hoping they will be part of this DiMera vs Kiriakis storyline, and i don't mean for the occasional this or that, but there in a big way...
maybe the funky vision of Ciara has something to do with the storyline?! maybe a retaliation from Stefano for getting kidnapped... we'll have to wait and see what future spoilers tell us... at least this vision is, from what we know for now, (a) possible, in the sense that it could happen and is not a totally insane idea, like Hope sleeping with Roman, and (b) reminds people that Bope have a little munchkin of their own, and it's not all about Sami's herd (i've classified both Sydney and Grace as part of that herd!)... PLUS, the recast Ciara is so darn cute! how can you not want her to have some airtime???
Edited by Supergirlx2, Apr 15 2009, 09:13 PM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Apr 15 2009, 08:50 PM
I find it very frusterating that DH and Tomlin do not wrap up these long running sls before moving onto new ones...This was a mistake that Passions made and there was never a resolution, never a payoff and everything was soooo god damn anticlimactic that I had to give the show up.

I see nothing in these sweeps that says...exciting and dramatic climax......ARGH! Sweeps were always about the Climax. I feel like a woman trapped in a relationship with a bad lover. Dools I am so leaving you for the postman. lol

I am mad as hell about Bope being made the Lame couple of the show...Seriously, my fav couple for years is now a joke. It chaps my ass in ways I can not express...give my butt some Burt's Bees wax please!
There is NOTHING..not one damn thing,that would warrant me taking the time out to watch this shit....I KNEW when Tomlin took over,we were SCREWED and honey,NOT in a good way!

flyinghigh

woohoo Chex gets their happyily ever after...i just wished they werent so closley related but w/e

Stephanie and Phillip---PROPOSING?!?!? they are always on-and-off...hm..interesting...im looking forward to see how this plans out and why he proposes in the first place

Rafe/Sami/Ej- do u guys think Grace dies??? cuz idk..thats wat im getting at...that just means SAFE will be togetha foreva and EJOLE will have a "happily ever after"...for now..

Ej/Nicole----I think baby EJole is still living.....its just a thought...could be a nice twist to the whole storyline..

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I think Grace dies.....They can't keep her.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you! Safe :wub: :wub: :wub: Ej seems to be going dark, I wonder if it bothers him at all that Stephanie is his sons relative?. :shrug: But looking forward to the D vs K stuff.

Kailyn

fancyface78
Apr 15 2009, 08:07 PM
Maybe Corday is hoping Peter and Kristian will quit this summer....
I agree. why are they staying anyway?.from what Steven Nicoles has said the moral is really bad at days ever since Ed Scott was fired. and with Marybeth and Steve gone I bet it's lonely for Peter and Kristian. I could tell that Kristian and Marybeth are close friends at the Nov event at Universal. they just sat and chatted away like old good friends.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Kailyn
Apr 15 2009, 11:29 PM
fancyface78
Apr 15 2009, 08:07 PM
Maybe Corday is hoping Peter and Kristian will quit this summer....
I agree. why are they staying anyway?.from what Steven Nicoles has said the moral is really bad at days ever since Ed Scott was fired. and with Marybeth and Steve gone I bet it's lonely for Peter and Kristian. I could tell that Kristian and Marybeth are close friends at the Nov event at Universal. they just sat and chatted away like old good friends.
I'm assuming they like being employed and that's the reason they have stayed. I guess it depends on how much they want and need to work....I mean, it does get lonely when friends and fellow co-workers get laid off, but you don't leave your job because it. Not if you have to work. They are probably thankful they still have jobs considering everyone around them dropped like flies. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Nicole Walker

I really hope that Stefano has Nicole's baby girl and she's alive somewhere. That would be so awesome and Nicole will feel so stupid for all she's done.

Kneazle
Member Avatar

I'm finding the part about the Sami/Rafe/Grace tragedy and Bo's vision about Ciara both taking place in June to be rather alarming.

Please God, not another dead baby/transplant s/l!!! :frustration:

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope Grace does not die.. Tragedy can come in different ways , perhaps she has medical issues which would be tragic, and also solidify that Mia would have a harder time raising her.
Or maybe the tragedy is simply that they discover Grace isnt Sami's, and dont know where Sami's baby is. Or the tragedy could be that Mia takes Grace (Though I think she will give her back)

Aside from Safe.. The DiMera/Kiriakas war/kidnapping could be interesting..IF .(And its a big IF) its written well.
Frankly I hate the vision crap.. Not only is this bad writing .. but **VERY BAD** writing.

And rushing through stories is never a good idea, neither is dragging them out endlessly, or just "Dropping them".. Especially if the story has no depth or teasers. Days must have the worst writing team in Daytime. They have no sense of direction, and seem very lost in what they want.. It almost seems like they pull things from a hat.
The only story that has any depth or sense of edge or direction is the EJ/NICOLE..SAMI/RAFE story .. everyone else must be interns or hairstylists or something, definately not writers... Fan fic has so much more depth its scary...
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Quote:

"We've ramped up the speed of our storytelling to make it more of a day-to-day must see,"says Executive Producer Ken Corday. "We are burning story at a faster pace. Secrets are exposed and smashed, and romances blossom."

Why is Corday the one giving these interviews? Higley's been with this show for a year now and I think she's given one interview. One! She's the head writer for Christ's sakes! She needs to be the one taking credit for what we're seeing on-screen. And if she's not the one that's responsible for the stories that are playing out, then demote her from the head writer position and fill it with whomever is responsible. At least, thenn, we'll know exacly who to blame for the shit we get.

Quote:

DiMera/Brady Feud:"The blood feud continues. Brady wants no part of it. The darker side of Phillip emerges and Stephanie wants no part of it. Victor and Phillip arrange to have Stefano kidnapped, he is held for ransom. EJ arranges to have Stephanie kidnapped as a tit for tat. Owen (Wes Ramsey, the gardener) pops into this and is EJ's employ. In a heroic move, Phillip saves Stephanie. He also proposes.

I'm going to assume that's supposed to be Kiriakis and not Brady. While I totally understand the writers writing Brady as wanting no part of the family war, I do have to wonder if he should be choosing the Kiriakis side due to his wanting Nicole and she's married to a DiMera. You would think he would allign himself with the Kiriakis family to bring down the DiMeras and get Nicole.

Okay. We already know that Stephanie doesn't approve of Philip's darker side, if you can call it that even. We get it. I do like the idea of Stephanie getting involved by being kidnapped by the DiMeras in retaliation for Stefano being kidnapped by Victor and Philip. The only thing that sucks about this angle now is that Steve and Kayla are no longer here. Having Stephanie getting hurt in this war would have been the best way to reopen the conflict between Steve and Victor. Sadly, Steve and Kayla got the boot before we could get to this point.

Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe:Sami realizes EJ is always going to be a threat to her, so she goes to Rafe, they declare their love and consumate their love. Rafe volunteers to be a surrogate father to Grace taking us into June, where tragedy awaits all three of them.

I'm an EJ and Sami fan, so I don't like that they're just stating that EJ is a threat to Sami. They're a threat to each other and that should be showcased instead of it being evil EJ being a threat to "good" Sami. Been down that road and it turned out horribly. I am looking forward to whatever tragedy occurs. Hopefully, it will lead to the truth being revealed. Maybe?

Quote:

Nicole/EJ:The honeymoon is over when EJ starts to investigate Dr. Baker. Nicole tries to get him to leave town, but he takes a nasty fall after a heated confrontation with her. She'll also have bigger problems: "It becomes clear that Stefano knows a lot more than he let on."

I knew this would happen. Dr. Baker would either end up dead or in a coma. I'm going to assume that the nasty fall leads to a coma, which gives Nicole more time to keep her secret to herself.

It would be great if Stefano had known the truth all along, but on the other side, I don't think Stefano would allow Nicole to get away with something like this, duping the entire DiMera family.

Quote:

Bo/Hope:They have found new ground and are happy. Bo will have a mysterious vision about Ciara, but this is an extremely slow build. This story won't play out heavily until June.

Okay. If they don't have a storyline until June, why are they being mentioned in the May sweeps spoilers?? I can't believe they're still going through with the vision storyline. Who is a fan of this shit? Who?!

Quote:

Chelsea/Max:Billie is an a automobile accident in England teetering between live and death. Chelsea goes to her, but will return having decided to go to medical school in England. Max will leave town with her and they have their happily ever after off screen.

Blah. Boring exit. Oh well. I'll miss both character, but this writing team couldn't write shit for them, so I'm glad to see them leave. I would rather not see them than see them being destroyed.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe/Kate:Kate rips into Daniel and Chloe and confronts them about the affair. She agrees to keep quiet, but her revenge plan is far from over.

So Kate finally tells Daniel and Chloe that she knows, yet the revenge angle is still going on? Jesus! :shame: :sleep:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It really should say DiMera/Kiriakis feud. SOD says Brady though.

samixxx
Member Avatar

If Grace were to 'gulp' die, wouldn't they have included Mia in this tragedy since it is really her daughter?

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Angie79
Apr 15 2009, 05:34 PM
Bo/Hope:They have found new ground and are happy. Bo will have a mysterious vision about Ciara, but this is an extremely slow build. This story won't play out heavily until June.
Finally! A Bo and Hope spoiler to give a damn about!

But I'm cautious about that "extremely slow build" crap.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

EjsGaGirl
Poor Bope...how the mighty have fallen...
How the "mighty" have fallen? :hmmph:
Edited by KristianFanForever, Apr 16 2009, 05:06 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting ....

I read these on another board first and I thought they were a joke at first. WTH happened to the Lucas/Chloe/Kate/Daniel storyline? Where is Mia and Will? So we don't get a conclusion to this whole baby swap storyline in May? UGH!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply