Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: May Sweeps spoilers
Topic Started: Apr 15 2009, 05:34 PM (9,703 Views)
EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Apr 16 2009, 01:57 AM
EjsGaGirl
Apr 15 2009, 08:19 PM
Poor Bope...how the mighty have fallen...
How the "mighty" have fallen? :hmmph:
Sorry,to be obtuse,,but what are you getting at??If you are implying I am being a smartass,u could not be further from the truth..I am a BOPE fan,.Bope brought me to this show,back in 1983...I was being sarcastic to the WRITERS...or "so called writers"for putting my all time fave couple through such complete and utter shit!!If not,,then I guess u are agreeing with me?? :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

EjsGaGirl
Apr 16 2009, 07:57 AM
KristianFanForever
Apr 16 2009, 01:57 AM
EjsGaGirl
Apr 15 2009, 08:19 PM
Poor Bope...how the mighty have fallen...
How the "mighty" have fallen? :hmmph:
Sorry,to be obtuse,,but what are you getting at??If you are implying I am being a smartass,u could not be further from the truth..I am a BOPE fan,.Bope brought me to this show,back in 1983...I was being sarcastic to the WRITERS...or "so called writers"for putting my all time fave couple through such complete and utter shit!!If not,,then I guess u are agreeing with me?? :shrug:
Thanks for clarifying. The way it was worded just rubbed me the wrong way. But, now, it's all good.
Edited by KristianFanForever, Apr 16 2009, 08:15 AM.

Kyrai

Liz<3Days
Apr 15 2009, 08:40 PM
I think that Corday just threw in that spoiler for Bope because if he could get rid of them, he would have. I think this current regime hates the term "supercouple" and want it gone from the soap lexicon!

I was never a Bope fan, so I wouldnt claim to care but they at least can give them a decent SL..not this shit that were watching.
Liz
I felt this when they decided to get rid of J&M. They were testing the waters, then they tossed Payla and Tanna aside. I hate to see this happening to Bope. I do think tptb want the super couples gone and they are intentionally making their story unbearable to get people to stop watching.

I honestly can't completely blame them for wanting the super couples gone because I do think the super couple fans limited what they could do with the characters. I don't think it's the fans' fault because the fans should be invested in their characters and root for them, but the way the writers or KC or whoever reacted to the fans was wrong. They should have planned good stories and stuck with them instead of panicking over fan reaction. I waited for J&M to get together forever after Roman came back, and while I got upset and often gave up, I kept watching because the stories were interesting.

I still remember when they made Jope's baby, miraculously Bo's. I couldn't believe after all that I went through watching, they just wiped it all out. I personally think of that as a turning point from writing stories to pandering to fanbase. If they had a vision for the story, they should have followed it. Not allowing couples to be human made the super couples boring. My sister is a big Bope fan, and she hates seeing them currently. But even when the writers put thought into writing for Bo and Hope, the second fan's balked, it seemed like tptb panicked and the story started waffling, often making no sense or changing direction. I could list several instances that had the pattern of bad fan reaction, sudden storyline change, Billie/Bo, Patrick/Hope, Jate, Java, etc.

I wasn't happy to see J&M separated last year, but I was excited that they were getting a story. The way it was set up initially with Stefano changing John, it could have easily been a believable break up story. I enjoyed Drake and Deidre and wouldn't have minded seeing them go different directions for a while. I would have liked to see both doing something different, evolving, as I think John did early on. I still look back on that story and see so much promise. I enjoy them separate, hoping that some day they would get together again (as they were 87-97). Now looking back, I wonder how much the story changed due to fan pressure. It seemed initially the direction was for John to be more unlikeable due to his programming (which hurt as a John fan but made sense), then Marlena was unlikeable (which I never really understood although it did make me feel sorry for John and root for him), then it just became meaningless as if the writers just could not decide what to do with the story. I haven't rewatched the Payla/Ava story, but I wonder if fan reaction caused the sudden ending. At least it seemed sudden to me.

I know some like today's Days. Personally, I don't think Days needs to focus on fast and furious insta-love so much as getting back to good storytelling and pacing the stories accordingly. They need to have decent writers and faith in the stories, and some integrity in the writing, build up relationships.

For me the show is nothing now without the strong family relationships (why watch Brady and Sami without Jarlena? Stephanie without Payla?), but there is certainly less cost without the vets and many fans like it fine or prefer it without the vets, so I can't fault them for making the decision to save money and get rid of the fanbase issues that they couldn't seem to deal with.

I do blame KC and the writers for is lousy send offs for the vets. After years of loyalty and supporting the show, I don't think a decent send off was too much to ask.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Even though I am a Danloe fan,I like that LK is majorly into story.All of it sounds good with one exception-Bo visions continue.And Corday says it will be slow to build.Just shoot me now :drunk:

PHELLE FOREVER

Philip proposes to Stephanie? Are you fucking kidding me? You mean we are going to be stuck with Philip and this drip for all "The Days of Our Lives"?
Is there ANYONE who wants to see these two get married. Seriously???
Edited by PHELLE FOREVER, Apr 16 2009, 11:21 AM.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

PHELLE FOREVER
Apr 16 2009, 10:16 AM
Philip proposes to Stephanie? Are you fucking kidding me? You mean we are going to be stuck with Philip and this drip for all "The Days of Our Lives"?
I sure don't...Stephanie bores me to tears....Frankly, this whole show bores me to tears....Can they write anything of interest?

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

PHELLE FOREVER
Certainly not a "Phelle Forever" fan :)

esp13
Member Avatar

PHELLE FOREVER
I'm not sure I'm ready for them to get married, but yes there are people who are happy about this spoiler.

KathyRon

Kyrai
Apr 16 2009, 08:45 AM
Liz<3Days
Apr 15 2009, 08:40 PM
I think that Corday just threw in that spoiler for Bope because if he could get rid of them, he would have. I think this current regime hates the term "supercouple" and want it gone from the soap lexicon!

I was never a Bope fan, so I wouldnt claim to care but they at least can give them a decent SL..not this shit that were watching.
Liz
I felt this when they decided to get rid of J&M. They were testing the waters, then they tossed Payla and Tanna aside. I hate to see this happening to Bope. I do think tptb want the super couples gone and they are intentionally making their story unbearable to get people to stop watching.

I honestly can't completely blame them for wanting the super couples gone because I do think the super couple fans limited what they could do with the characters. I don't think it's the fans' fault because the fans should be invested in their characters and root for them, but the way the writers or KC or whoever reacted to the fans was wrong. They should have planned good stories and stuck with them instead of panicking over fan reaction. I waited for J&M to get together forever after Roman came back, and while I got upset and often gave up, I kept watching because the stories were interesting.

I still remember when they made Jope's baby, miraculously Bo's. I couldn't believe after all that I went through watching, they just wiped it all out. I personally think of that as a turning point from writing stories to pandering to fanbase. If they had a vision for the story, they should have followed it. Not allowing couples to be human made the super couples boring. My sister is a big Bope fan, and she hates seeing them currently. But even when the writers put thought into writing for Bo and Hope, the second fan's balked, it seemed like tptb panicked and the story started waffling, often making no sense or changing direction. I could list several instances that had the pattern of bad fan reaction, sudden storyline change, Billie/Bo, Patrick/Hope, Jate, Java, etc.

I wasn't happy to see J&M separated last year, but I was excited that they were getting a story. The way it was set up initially with Stefano changing John, it could have easily been a believable break up story. I enjoyed Drake and Deidre and wouldn't have minded seeing them go different directions for a while. I would have liked to see both doing something different, evolving, as I think John did early on. I still look back on that story and see so much promise. I enjoy them separate, hoping that some day they would get together again (as they were 87-97). Now looking back, I wonder how much the story changed due to fan pressure. It seemed initially the direction was for John to be more unlikeable due to his programming (which hurt as a John fan but made sense), then Marlena was unlikeable (which I never really understood although it did make me feel sorry for John and root for him), then it just became meaningless as if the writers just could not decide what to do with the story. I haven't rewatched the Payla/Ava story, but I wonder if fan reaction caused the sudden ending. At least it seemed sudden to me.

I know some like today's Days. Personally, I don't think Days needs to focus on fast and furious insta-love so much as getting back to good storytelling and pacing the stories accordingly. They need to have decent writers and faith in the stories, and some integrity in the writing, build up relationships.

For me the show is nothing now without the strong family relationships (why watch Brady and Sami without Jarlena? Stephanie without Payla?), but there is certainly less cost without the vets and many fans like it fine or prefer it without the vets, so I can't fault them for making the decision to save money and get rid of the fanbase issues that they couldn't seem to deal with.

I do blame KC and the writers for is lousy send offs for the vets. After years of loyalty and supporting the show, I don't think a decent send off was too much to ask.

Once again, I have to respectfully disagree. This history of daytime, as you mentioned, is about having someone to root for! Couple or not. The one thing about Days that HAD been one of it's best qualities was it's wonderful connection to family with the Hortons and later the Bradys. That unfortunately, has been lost with writers like JER and now this pathetic crew! :shame: This isn't always about youth vs. vets! This is about a show's history and consistency! Everyone knows that you have to bring in younger cast to continue a show! It would be the death to any long running soap if you didn't! All those year's ago that how Peter & Kristian came to the show! :smile: This is about doing what soaps like the Young & the Restless do with their vets! Including them as a whole in the show!

Thinking that you are throwing Bope fans a bone by giving them three minutes on an entire show vs twenty minutes of a conversation between Nicole and Mia, is gonna quiet us? Guess what? Doesn't mean jack! :flipoff: All the fans are looking for is balance! Which doesn't always mean being on the show everyday, five days a week! Bo and Hope, although a couple that fans will continue to root for, in the past have been written for as individuals that DID NOT HAVE TO BE SPLITTSVILLE to show off their whole personalty! Of course, back then they had family members to have conflict with! Bo still has Victor and Philip, which if written well, could definitely provide some fireworks! I guess my point is, you may be giving the "fanbases" alot more credit than we really have. All the heads of the network soaps have openly said that while they hear us, fanbases don't hold the power that they use to when it comes to how a storyline is written anymore. It's the bottomline. Unfortunately, for us fans, that will probably mean continued horrible storylines for our favorites! JMO :frustration: :soapbox:

michelle
Member Avatar

These previews make me want to :puke:
Edited by michelle, Apr 16 2009, 01:56 PM.

soapfan
Member Avatar

Thanks! I was hoping that Bo and Hope would have more to do, but at this point, I am grateful that they were mentioned at all. There aren't too many vets mentioned so I am glad that they will have something. I know that their storyline isn't too popular here, but I am happy that they have something. Even a "bad" story is better than none at all. JMO

lene
Member Avatar

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Max and Chelsea!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Nicole Walker

I think these are good!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

some of these sound intriguing. i doubt stefano has nicole's baby, but i still have my fingers crossed. i also think something will happen to grace, leading to her death. i just can't see anyone ending up with this child at the end of the day, so maybe that's the best way for the 'character' to be written off. having sami end up with both babies is ridiculous. i know nicole won't get one, and mia is clearly unfit, so when i saw 'tragedy' my first thought is that grace is going to die. plus it will put a stop to rafe and sami's happy little family and perhaps thrust her back into ej's orbit. i know people don't like the idea of a baby dying, but in this case, i think it could make for a good story.

i'm not surprised chex was rewritten to have a happy ending. those two ended up leaving the show so close together that it seemed silly not to just write them off together. i, of course, would rather see chelsea ride off into the sunset with nick, but oh well.

as far as bo and hope, i hope they've been relegated to the background, which is hard to say since they are my favorite supercouple. this vision story is so stupid that i would rather not the see two very often if this is their story. i'd actually rather see the two involved somehow in the kiriakis/dimera feud, especially because of bo's relation to vic and phil.

flyinghigh

Yea I have a feeling that the writers could be going that direction. But I alsothink this baby switch thing is gonna leep laying out..and the reveal will be when the kids are SORASd to their teens..that is if...Grace isnt dead.

I also think Grace might be dying..which means ALOT more SAFE!
Edited by flyinghigh, Apr 17 2009, 12:39 PM.

Ellie

^^ I can't believe I'm saying this, but I keep thinking back to all the comments from 'TPTB' after they killed Zach. They said no more killing kids. So that's why I don't think Grace is going to die. (I know, I know, if anything, that should tell me that she will.) But anyway, my guess is just that she'll have some sickness or accident which will lead to a blood test.

flyinghigh

Dragonish1
Apr 16 2009, 11:39 AM
PHELLE FOREVER
I sure don't...Stephanie bores me to tears....Frankly, this whole show bores me to tears....Can they write anything of interest?
I know rite! What a joke..we are just getting into Ejole's wedding..I dont think Phil needs to compete with that right now. I honeslty dont really care about Steph..shes kind of just there as a prop for Phil in a way...I think she needs a storyline..but we shall see. I was just surprised when she told Chels that she wanted to marry Phillip and have kids with him...it was cute and all...but isnt it way too early to be talking abou tthat?? considering they are ALWAYS on and off.

From spoilers I read today on dayscafe..donest look like they get their happily ever after..apprently Phil gets to the dark side..lol

daysfan
Member Avatar

Ellie
Apr 17 2009, 12:42 PM
^^ I can't believe I'm saying this, but I keep thinking back to all the comments from 'TPTB' after they killed Zach. They said no more killing kids. So that's why I don't think Grace is going to die. (I know, I know, if anything, that should tell me that she will.) But anyway, my guess is just that she'll have some sickness or accident which will lead to a blood test.
That was actually my initial thought too....I think there's very well a possibility that Grace will die, but I also wonder if she'll need a blood transfusion or something like that, and with Mia being Will's good friend and feeling such a connection to Grace, will get tested and will be the only person to match Grace....or something like that, anyway. :P

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ellie
Well they alrady backtracked on that when thy killed off Nicoles baby (If its really dead).

I think its also possible that maybe its baby Sidney that is going to die.. We dont see much of her, and she has had health problems in the past. Perhaps she becomes ill and then Sami finds out its her child discovering she never had a chance to know or love or bond with her Baby, This could take her over the edge, this would be tragic for her and EJ , and Rafe as he did love the child inside her, and will also have to now worry about dealing with Sami's grief and anger, and the chance of losing Grace.
This childs death could be the last straw leaving nothing for EJ and Nicole to hold on to.And he could easily take his grief out on Nicole because he would infact discover he lost **2** children. This spells disaster for their marriage. And also could create a few scenarios for Ejami.. Either he hates her and seeks revenge for her attempted deception.. Or it bonds them in grief. Either way I think EJ is now after all he has done still never going to have his happy ending with Sami.. But Sidney's death could lead to lots of story.
Quote Post Goto Top

flyinghigh

Taelyn
Apr 17 2009, 02:15 PM
Ellie
Well they alrady backtracked on that when thy killed off Nicoles baby (If its really dead).

I think its also possible that maybe its baby Sidney that is going to die.. We dont see much of her, and she has had health problems in the past. Perhaps she becomes ill and then Sami finds out its her child discovering she never had a chance to know or love or bond with her Baby, This could take her over the edge, this would be tragic for her and EJ , and Rafe as he did love the child inside her, and will also have to now worry about dealing with Sami's grief and anger, and the chance of losing Grace.
This childs death could be the last straw leaving nothing for EJ and Nicole to hold on to.And he could easily take his grief out on Nicole because he would infact discover he lost **2** children. This spells disaster for their marriage. And also could create a few scenarios for Ejami.. Either he hates her and seeks revenge for her attempted deception.. Or it bonds them in grief. Either way I think EJ is now after all he has done still never going to have his happy ending with Sami.. But Sidney's death could lead to lots of story.
Thats a really creative thought, but I highly doubt it.

I think its Grace whose gonna die or some really serious health issue. I think Ejole is still gonna be together for a while.

And alot of people think baby Ejole is still alive.
Edited by flyinghigh, Apr 17 2009, 02:54 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply