Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:Nicole and EJ's wedding
Topic Started: Apr 15 2009, 07:08 PM (2,882 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Nicole and EJ wed, but not before the wedding is stopped twice. First, Mia enters and puts a halt to the proceedings. "Mia comes in when the preacher guy says, 'Is there anyone here who has just cause..' and she says 'Wait!'" previews AZ. "EJ is like, 'Who is she?' and Nicole is like, "Uh, uh,' and EJ says 'I've seen you before.' Then Dr. Baker gets up and Nicole says Mia is one of the teens she works with. EJ is like, 'Baker's here? It's like a circus. Dr. Baker takes Mia out and everything looks good to go until Sami comes in.

"Now Nicole is pissed," says Zucker. "At this point, it's like, 'What is she going to do?' But she really can't do anything, so Sami is the least of her worries. Just because she says that Grace is his, so? What is he going to not marry her and marry Sami? Nicole just doesn't want her causing problems."

Before Sami can tell EJ about Grace, Lexie announces that Phillip has been shot and she has to go. EJ, Nicole, and Sami go into the vestibule and Nicole yells at Sami for stopping her wedding, and EJ asks for a minute. Sami is about to tell EJ when Lexie comes out and tells them about Phillip. Sami keeps quiet because she and Nicole are both 99.9% sure that it has something to do with the DiMera's. Sami leaves.

Nicole and EJ go ahead with the ceremony and are married with Chloe and Stefano as witnesses. Sami returns to talk to EJ and she asks him if he was responsible for Phillip's shooting. EJ seems willing to tell her the truth as long as she tells him why she stopped the wedding. Before she can answer, EJ suggests that she is still in love with him. Sami is stunned, but decides to let him think that to keep him away from Grace. After, Nicole overhears EJ leave a message for Stefano vowing to finish the job on Philip. "She overhears something about a package deal and she thinks, 'What did I marry into?'"

The newlyweds return home for a private reception. Now that she is Mrs.DiMera, is she home-free? "There is never a home-free with Nicole,"observes AZ. "Every step she takes, it's like, "I made it through this day.'"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

lmao. Thanks Angie.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting!
I love AZ's take on the wedding! She's always funny when talking about the character she plays! Can't wait for Mrs. DiMera!
Liz

Deleted User
Deleted User

This is my problem with all of this.
The script is making it clear that Sami is not in love with EJ .. and She has stated she is not in love with him.. And .. I ont think she is.
That being said.... Why are the writers making it seem that Sami only wants to come clean with EJ?
Yet at the same time it must be done during his wedding.. She does not want EJ .. True she hates Nicole too.. But as far as she knows they also share a child. Her telling EJ about Grace should have noting to do with the weding and I think it is again just terrible writing.
Especially after she has declared *More the once* that she does not love EJ.

(Now I know Ejami's will see it different, as some clue to her feelings for EJ and thats fine, I just see it as confusing and bad writing.. but if we follow the script none of it makes sense, especially given the upcoming spoilers)
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I would have rather the truth came out at the wedding. This just seems like a missed opportunity. When was the last real interrupted wedding on DAYS? So long ago!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm glad the truth isn't coming out yet...Days can get a lot more mileage out of this storyline, similar to the Kristen/Susan/John/Marlena storyline..

jane1978

This sounds wonderfull. Again, you can tell these storylines are planned. I love how the wedding is connected with the Kiriakis/DiMera feud storyline and the attack on Phillip. Nicol finally gets what she wanted so badly just as the DiMeras fully show their true colors again.

Good stuff.

michelle
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Apr 16 2009, 12:25 AM
The script is making it clear that Sami is not in love with EJ .. and She has stated she is not in love with him.. And .. I ont think she is.
That being said.... Why are the writers making it seem that Sami only wants to come clean with EJ?
Yet at the same time it must be done during his wedding.. She does not want EJ .. True she hates Nicole too.. But as far as she knows they also share a child. Her telling EJ about Grace should have noting to do with the weding and I think it is again just terrible writing.

(Now I know Ejami's will see it different, as some clue to her feelings for EJ and thats fine, I just see it as confusing and bad writing.. but if we follow the script none of it makes sense, especially given the upcoming spoilers)
I think Sami saying that she does not love EJ does not actually mean she does not love him. I don't think this is meant to be taken so literal.

She does love him, she is just in major denial because she knows she should not want to love him. As the last thing the Brady's want is a Brady-Dimera union. Heaven forbid.

If she really didn't love and have feelings for him, she wouldn't constantly be defending him, dreaming of him, coming over to comfort/be around him, kissing him in stairwells and telling him she cannot imagine life without him.

She just knows she shouldn't love him. But you can't always help who you love.

This is all just to drag out this endless baby switch storyline, of course. If she actually told him how she really felt...then what? They ride off into the sunset happily ever after and boring with no story.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Some of those things you mentioned Sami did to "show" us her love for EJ happened MONTHS AGO!
- Stairwell kiss- AUGUST 08
- Dreaming of EJ- Nov/Dec 08

As for the comforting...oh yes, that comforting hug one gives after one loses someone close to the family...that's what people that care about the other do...not people IN LOVE!!

You can scream it out, put it on the paper, actors saying it, but still will have people thinking that Sami loves EJ...SAMI LOVES HERSELF...and hates the fact that EJ's going to move on. That has ALWAYS been her M.O.

So let Sami tell EJ that she didnt want his kid, went to the WPP to hide it, then came back, told people it was dead and now think that she can win him by the snap of her fingers? What about the kid they already have, Johnny, why didnt EJ come crawling back so that Johnny can have a stable home?

I think Sami will care for EJ...but she's moving on, just as EJ has. She's moving on with Rafe. She's going to actually say "I LOVE YOU" to him..will have consensual sex with him...want to raise her kids (you know, then ones that are EJ's her loves?) with him.
Liz

michelle
Member Avatar

Dec 08 was not that long ago. I loved my husband then and I still love him today. Love doesn't just go away that quickly - especially when you are pushing your feelings aside. She also hasn't had any love dreams about Lucas or Rafe, so I think that is telling as well.

Like it or not, Sami defended EJ to Rafe and Sister Theresa every time his name came up. She was not hiding the pregnancy from him, but ultimately Stephano. And yes, this is bad writing as Johnny was still in that home and Sami did nothing to prevent that which was dumb.

As for the comforting - she didn't just go give him a friendly, I'm sorry for your loss hug. She ran out of the Pub immediately after finding out about Tony and ran straight to EJ. It was a great scene and I, at least could really feel the intensity being portrayed by the actors for each other. Way more so then a friendly, oh uh sorry for your loss. If she really doesn't care that much about his feelings, why didn't she just send a card or make a call?

Today, Lucas who knows Sami best, said that he knew she still wants to be with EJ.

If Steffy had never come back into the picture, who knows what may have happened between the two, but he did, so now the brainwashing of EJ, by his father continues. And as long as Steffy is around, Sami will never tell EJ how she really feels. And who could blame her?

EJ is moving on for now as he has no idea of the lies and deceit going on behind his back with Nicole. He thinks Sami wants to be with Rafe anyway, so he thinks moving on is best for him for the sake of Sydney.

Sami has no choice but to move on too, for now. Rafe has been nice so far, but I'm sure his dark side will surface soon enough and we'll see how long their love lasts.

One last thing, in May 2008, Sami and EJ did have long passionate amazing CONSENSUAL sex.

Sami does love herself. Just as every fiery character on this show does - including Nicole. That's one reason we love them as they do things we never would.

Nicole Walker

EJ said it best she doesn't want him but she doesn't want anybody else to have him. EJ is suppose to be alone while she chases after other men. She never fails, I knew that when Rafe came in the picture, EJ was back to being a loser.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm glad the truth does not come out at the wedding. This storyline can go far. As well, I want to see Nicole live in the Dimera lime-light for a while.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Taelyn

I'm not even a fan of a romantic pairing of Sami and EJ, and even though it's not in the script, Sweeney is certainly playing that Sami has feelings for EJ. They may not be strong enough to be want to be with him, but she cares.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Apr 18 2009, 08:43 AM
I'm glad the truth does not come out at the wedding. This storyline can go far. As well, I want to see Nicole live in the Dimera lime-light for a while.
Yes, I wan to see Nicole as Mrs DiMera for sometime to come. And then I can't wait for the eventual passionate affair with Brady, which we know will happen. God help Nicole when EJ learns all of her secrets!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Brady should really put his foot down and try to stop the wedding, too.

flyinghigh

Mikegoldy
Apr 18 2009, 09:28 AM
Jinxie
Apr 18 2009, 08:43 AM
Yes, I wan to see Nicole as Mrs DiMera for sometime to come. And then I can't wait for the eventual passionate affair with Brady, which we know will happen. God help Nicole when EJ learns all of her secrets!
Yea Nicole brings something to the table. She is an interesting DiMera. Her personality really takes over.
I hope Nicole doesnt go to Brady. I honestly don't see that happening. One because Nicole has faught her ass off to get to her wedding day and also be a mom to Sydney. She made it clear to Brady that she isnt going to give that up. Two, she is head over heels for EJ, and so is he. Theres no way I see Nicole just ditching her plans and running off with Brady. That will be the worst storyline the writers could give Nicole at the point. I want her to be a DiMera for a while.

flyinghigh

Taelyn

Yea, the writers are totally playing around with EJAMI fans' heads. Sami is DONE with EJ forever. That love story is long gone and in the past. THats why Nicole could care less about Sami, She doesnt care what she does, she just dosnt want her causing a stupid scene at her wedding.

Yea I think Sami shouldnt even be there..its just kind of stupid

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

She does love him, she is just in major denial because she knows she should not want to love him.

How long has that argument been going on? Since day one of the storyline through Lucas, Nicole, and Rafe this has been said about Sami. I agree with the poster that said Sami is in love with herself. As for Sami not admitting it, she did tell EJ that a part of her will always love him. I just can't remember what episode it was. So, she has admitted that she had feelings for EJ. If feelings don't go away overnight, I guess that means that she still loves Lucas who she's been involved with since she was a teenager. :dance: I've been jigging for months now since the baby switch storyline, Ejole, Phillip/Stephanie, Brady/Rafe"s introduction to the show, and the Kiriakis/Dimera feud. IMO, these stories are a thousands time more interesting than the likes of an EJ/Sami pairing or anymore of that Santos/Colleen crap which proved to be a ratings disaster a couple of summers ago.

Implosion

Taelyn

I agree with you, about the bad writing. Once again the writers have managed to mangle another sl in order to pimp certain characters, characters in my mind who are better on the sidelines causing trouble aka Nicole. Don't get me wrong I like Nicole as a side character there to cause trouble. But this whole kidnapping business is beyond the pale in my estimation. Further more the fact that she feels no guilt or remorse over it is even more disgusting. Nicole of all people should not be casting any type of judgement on the actions of others given that she lies, steals and cheats her way into getting what she wants. Seriously...EJ! Come on, why on earth would a character like this who is contantly craving for love want the love of a man who clearly is demonstrating that he will only care about her conditionally. I am beyond disgusted with the way women are portrayed on this soap. One would think that all the writers are male...but alas that is not the case. I see Nicole chasing after this man, who only wants her if she is a certain way, so she commits crime after crime with lie after lie....this is not the way that I would like my female characters to be protrayed on screen. I can't even feel bad for Nicole as the writers have robbed me of that given that she has STOLEN someone elses child! I would feel better perhaps if at some point in this century she were made to fess up. Alas, that will probably not be the case. So as for feeling bad for Nicole or caring what will happen to her...sadly I can not as she is completely unethical and quite frankly just taxing to my nerves.

I miss the Nicole that was happy to plot and scheme about stealing someone's man. This character who kidnaps babies without remorse or guilt and persistently lies about it all...is really quite unsettling to me. I think the lack of conscience that is being portrayed is what makes me less and less care for the character overall.

Implosion

lazydazes
Member Avatar

This falls back to double standards IMO. EJ is ordering hits, having people beat up, and has countless things on his rap sheet. I love Ejole and feel that its ironic that Nicole is asked to be hung out and dried while EJ is being granted a free past to "explore his dark side" and still find true love. If there was anyone who should be forgiven, it's EJ. Let's be truthful here. Who in Salem besides a selective few hasn't done something totally horrible? EJ, Sami, Lucas, and Nicole are all cut from the same cloth. Heck, Sami even sold Belle on the black market not to mention some of the other things she's done over the years. I'll be the first to admit that Nicole has done wrong. But, to put a halo over everyone's else's head but brand Nicole with the scarlet letter is a double standard. I guess right now Nicole is "exploring her dark side" like EJ is exploring his.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply