Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:Nicole and EJ's wedding
Topic Started: Apr 15 2009, 07:08 PM (2,933 Views)
Implosion

lazydazes
Apr 19 2009, 07:17 PM
This falls back to double standards IMO. EJ is ordering hits, having people beat up, and has countless things on his rap sheet. I love Ejole and feel that its ironic that Nicole is asked to be hung out and dried while EJ is being granted a free past to "explore his dark side" and still find true love. If there was anyone who should be forgiven, it's EJ. Let's be truthful here. Who in Salem besides a selective few hasn't done something totally horrible? EJ, Sami, Lucas, and Nicole are all cut from the same cloth. Heck, Sami even sold Belle on the black market not to mention some of the other things she's done over the years. I'll be the first to admit that Nicole has done wrong. But, to put a halo over everyone's else's head but brand Nicole with the scarlet letter is a double standard. I guess right now Nicole is "exploring her dark side" like EJ is exploring his.
I don't think anyone is putting a halo on anyone's head. However, I do detest the WRITERS choice to use this particular sl! The SL smacks of circa 1980's. This is not a beef about the characters this is taking issue with the writers. I guess I am not understanding the tone or rationale of your post. If I have misinterpreted please excuse. But do understand that as a long time viewer of Days I am invested in the entire show...I have more of an issue with the writers then I do with the actual characters...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

EJ is being manipulated by his father. Classic Brainwashing 101. If Stephano had not come back, would he be ordering hits on people, etc? I think not. He was really changing into a better person for Sami until his horrible father came out of a coma.

Sami is keeping her child from EJ because she really wants to keep her away from Stephano. The psycho manipulative kidnapping murderer we all know and hate to love.

Nicole has been lying to EJ who she "loves" for months and months, stole Sami's baby and gave a perfectly fine baby Grace, that she promised Mia she would take care of, to the woman she hates the most in the world, Sami.

Now who is the worst of the three?

Hello, Clearly, Nicole.

When was the last time Sami did something horrible? I believe she has paid for her sins already. When has Nicole ever paid for anything she has done wrong?

michelle
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Apr 19 2009, 12:36 PM
Quote:

She does love him, she is just in major denial because she knows she should not want to love him.

How long has that argument been going on? Since day one of the storyline through Lucas, Nicole, and Rafe this has been said about Sami. I agree with the poster that said Sami is in love with herself. As for Sami not admitting it, she did tell EJ that a part of her will always love him. I just can't remember what episode it was. So, she has admitted that she had feelings for EJ. If feelings don't go away overnight, I guess that means that she still loves Lucas who she's been involved with since she was a teenager. :dance: I've been jigging for months now since the baby switch storyline, Ejole, Phillip/Stephanie, Brady/Rafe"s introduction to the show, and the Kiriakis/Dimera feud. IMO, these stories are a thousands time more interesting than the likes of an EJ/Sami pairing or anymore of that Santos/Colleen crap which proved to be a ratings disaster a couple of summers ago.
She does love Lucas. As a friend.

When was the last time she and Lucas were together? The last time they even kissed was when she was dreaming of kissing EJ.

So no, she does not still love Lucas. That ship has sailed.

It is definitely now between EJ and Rafe. As EJ is both unavailable and under the spell of his father, Rafe will be who she turns to, for now.

Since we know nothing of Rafe or his background at this moment, we will wait and see what dark secrets from his past arise. And I'm sure there will be some.

Implosion

I would rather see Sami with Rafe then see EJ with Nicole. Ten times over.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds really good. I love the irony of Nicole getting what she wants but it not being as perfect and as happy as she wanted it to be.

I'm glad the truth is not coming out. The story needs to built up more. As I've been saying, Late June/early July and beyond is perfect. No earlier. I think that is perfect timing.

Implosion

I wish the writers had thought this sl out a bit more and really did some character development around the motivations of Nicole and the hard choice it must have been for her to steal a baby. I think that this is what is lacking in this sl...IMHO. I need to be able to feel for Nicole and the bad choice she made. But nooooooo I as a viewer was robbed of that because they made it into a sl about keeping a man...where no conscience of the character was displayed. It would have been something if the writers had decided to ensure that we the viewer knew how bad she felt and at the same time how necessary it was for her to steal this baby. Maybe Nicole having a mini breakdown would have been good...something along the lines of a Sheila sl of Y & R. Sadly what the writers have done was simply to have Nicole steal the baby while at the same time she kept her pettiness....So I as a viewer feel no sympathy for and just want her to fry for her sins.

Come on Days writers bring the emotion to the soap cause quite frankly what you are giving me smacks of triteness and unbelievability.
Imp

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Implosion
Apr 19 2009, 10:08 PM
I would rather see Sami with Rafe then see EJ with Nicole. Ten times over.
I like both couples equally. Sami and Rafe have a nice chemistry. Nicole and EJ are interesting together because Nicole is getting that big, rich family she has been longing for.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

I don't think anyone is putting a halo on anyone's head. However, I do detest the WRITERS choice to use this particular sl! The SL smacks of circa 1980's. This is not a beef about the characters this is taking issue with the writers. I guess I am not understanding the tone or rationale of your post. If I have misinterpreted please excuse. But do understand that as a long time viewer of Days I am invested in the entire show...I have more of an issue with the writers then I do with the actual characters...

Let me clear it up here for you. EJ/Nicole/Sami have ALL done some hideous, cruel things to other characters on the show. All three of them. I'm a big Nicole supporter as well as an Ejole supporter. My point is this. It's like having three bank robbers. You can't put one in jail and set the other two free. They are ALL guilty. That's how I view this situation. You can't hang Nicole out to dry and condemn her to eternal damnation while you have other people on the show who have committed just as many vile crimes as she has. I'm not going to whitewash Nicole's crimes anymore than I'm going to whitewash EJ's. They're tit for tat in that aspect. Two damaged souls who met/fell in love. Aside from Arianne Zucker/James Scott's explosive chemistry, their character's actions/motivations make them so suited for one another. EJ/Nicole Dimera are a force to be reckoned with. EJ and Nicole would not have to change. He doesn't have to be reformed and play house everyday and be Sami's whipping boy while she's in "denial". Heard that one two many times. Nicole wouldn't have to be the girl next door. The characters could maintain who and what they are. Nicole is no saint by any means nor would I ever want her to be. That's what makes the character so fascinating; she's multifaceted. Neither is EJ a saint and I wouldn't dream of changing him for nothing. Nicole/EJ can tame the dark side together. IMO, there is a big storyline potential with EJ/Nicole. As much as I like having Brady thrown into the mix, I think that Ejole should be the ultimate pairing. Cause once they send EJ to be with Sami or Nicole to be with Brady with their white picket fences, the show is over/storylines will stagnate. Curtains down. :soapbox:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Apr 20 2009, 08:39 PM
Quote:

Let me clear it up here for you. EJ/Nicole/Sami have ALL done some hideous, cruel things to other characters on the show. All three of them. I'm a big Nicole supporter as well as an Ejole supporter. My point is this. It's like having three bank robbers. You can't put one in jail and set the other two free. They are ALL guilty. That's how I view this situation. You can't hang Nicole out to dry and condemn her to eternal damnation while you have other people on the show who have committed just as many vile crimes as she has. I'm not going to whitewash Nicole's crimes anymore than I'm going to whitewash EJ's. They're tit for tat in that aspect. Two damaged souls who met/fell in love. Aside from Arianne Zucker/James Scott's explosive chemistry, their character's actions/motivations make them so suited for one another. EJ/Nicole Dimera are a force to be reckoned with. EJ and Nicole would not have to change. He doesn't have to be reformed and play house everyday and be Sami's whipping boy while she's in "denial". Heard that one two many times. Nicole wouldn't have to be the girl next door. The characters could maintain who and what they are. Nicole is no saint by any means nor would I ever want her to be. That's what makes the character so fascinating; she's multifaceted. Neither is EJ a saint and I wouldn't dream of changing him for nothing. Nicole/EJ can tame the dark side together. IMO, there is a big storyline potential with EJ/Nicole. As much as I like having Brady thrown into the mix, I think that Ejole should be the ultimate pairing. Cause once they send EJ to be with Sami or Nicole to be with Brady with their white picket fences, the show is over/storylines will stagnate. Curtains down. :soapbox:
THIS POST ROCKS!! :rockon:

I don't want Nicole to ever change those stripes!

As for seeing Nicole's motivations, well, they did show them. Maybe not YR style...but this is NOT YR. For all the praise YR gets...I DONT LIKE IT! I have tried but its so freakin slow! Apples to oranges.

Nicole is no Sheila either (I watched her on BB) so I just dont get why those two characters are compared.

Nicole did go through the pain of whether to switch the babies...she said she would love to give them both a home, but chose EJ's biological child because she wanted to give EJ his child that he would have no clue he had.

You also have to think that Nicole cant grieve over losing her child because she needs to keep her lies together. I think once its all exposed....she will have those grief scenes....and AZ will be great in them. That's why so many people have stayed and watched this SL...not EJ...not Sami...but Nicole and AZ's performance!
Liz

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Quote:

Nicole is no Sheila either (I watched her on BB) so I just dont get why those two characters are compared.

Nicole did go through the pain of whether to switch the babies...she said she would love to give them both a home, but chose EJ's biological child because she wanted to give EJ his child that he would have no clue he had.
I don't get the Sheila comparison because Sheila didn't have a mini-break down she went straight up BSC, became completely unredeemable and cartoonish and is the Freddy Kruger of soaps. I really like the character of Nicole and wouldn't want that for her. The writers have done a good job, albeit not perfect of giving Nicole some depth and not have her cross the line into unredeemable territory. Hell, with the latest storyline of EJ ordering hits, beat downs and kidnappings, he is in more troubled waters than Nicole.

dorothyg
Member Avatar

Well, Nicole and Ejs wedding was a complete disappointment and dull and boring :sleep: . All the spoilers about three people wanting to stop the wedding never happened. I don't like what Hackley Higley is doing to Ej...I never minded him grey, but sure don't want to see him end up as Stephano2. Dena is one of the only writers I know that can change someones personality overnight. Ej has never been happy with Nicole, even when she told him about the baby...he felt trapped. He still doesn't love her...his heart will always be with Sami.
I believe Ejami fans have been patient enough. Ej is going to be a lonely, miserable person with Nicole. JMO

ilovemydays

lazydazes
Apr 20 2009, 08:39 PM
Quote:

I was going to say something but then I stumbled over your post and lo and behold you said it all! Thanks Lazydazes!

OK, I was seriously disappointed that no one was able to wipe that smug look of St.Sami's face. She's been asking for it by just about every unlucky Salemite that has had the misfortune to cross her path. Her self righteous sense of entitlement is just nauseating. I can't believe that this character is supposed to be a grown woman much less the mother of 4!

I loved the wedding! The interruptions, EJ's vows and Phillips getting shot all added classic soapy goodness to the surprise end: EJ AND NICOLE GOT MARRIED!
:dance:

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

I loved the wedding! The interruptions, EJ's vows and Phillips getting shot all added classic soapy goodness to the surprise end: EJ AND NICOLE GOT MARRIED!

:cheer: Hip hip hooray!EJ/Nicole's nuptials have to be the most entertaining I've seen. I loved it all. We still got Sami spitting out of both sides of her mouth. This time Rafe/EJ are the lucky contenders in Sami's revolving world of "denial". Shoot, if she doesn't have this all figured out by now she never will. Let's stop kidding ourselves. Sami is supposed to be an adult here. Yet, she's sitting in a church with a sick baby so that she can "demand" the truth from EJ. What is she some soothsayer or something? Give me a break. She's so full of herself that I'm surprised that she hasn't floated away. My big question is this: why is EJ being Grace's father the ace card? Doesn't she already have Johnny: I forgot. She played that ace card when she was "torn" between Lucas/EJ. What the h**l difference does two children make instead of one? Speaking of Johnny, where in the heck is Allie? Hello, :wave: Sami where are your other children? She needs to purchase a triple stroller so she can at least spend time with ALL of her kids. She should never accuse Nicole of using a kid to try and hold on to a man. Cause that is definitely what she's doing with Grace: trying to hold on to EJ. Will may as well return to Carrie/Austin since he's only become the twin's babysitter 24/7. Shoot, I :drunk: I'm seriously getting off topic here. Sorry. Anyways, today's episode was a blast! I loved the wedding, Phillip's shooting, and Victor's wrath. It couldn't get any better than this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply