Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A closer look: Nicole
Topic Started: Apr 15 2009, 07:47 PM (2,561 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Nicole realizes she's married to the mob this week after dodging Mia and Sami's attempts to stop her wedding. AZ reflects on life as a DiMera bride.

SOW asks how Nicole gets past Mia's interruption and Ari says that Dr. Baker handles things. He takes Mia away and convinces her she can't take Sydney away from Nicole. Nicole thinks, "Thank God! At least Baker is on my side for now."

AZ says that when Sami interrupts the wedding that Nicole is ready to throw in the towel. She tries to keep Sami from talking, but she can't. EJ stops the wedding to talk to Sami. Yet again, Sami's one up on Nicole.

After Lexie announces that Phillip has been shot, Sami gets cold feet and leaves. Nicole and EJ finally get married.

(After the wedding when Sami returns) Nicole doesn't hear the conversation between EJ and Sami where Sami accuses EJ of shooting Philip and EJ presses Sami to admit that she's in love with him. AZ says that is for the best and that Nicole would probably punch Sami and EJ, too. Nicole does hear EJ admitting to the hit on Phillip and wanting to finish the job to Stefano though. AZ says "The whole thing is a little scary, but Nicole realizes she has to protect EJ now no matter what. She has to hold this secret."

Nicole and EJ head home. They have champagne and EJ whisks Nicole upstairs for some lovin'. The next morning Mia calls and wants to see Sydney. Nicole leaves to see Mia, but has to take guards with her since the DiMera's are now open to counterattack from the Kiriakis family. AZ says there is some awkwardness. Nicole's like, "Why do I need guards?" But Stefano insists. This is part of Nicole's life now.

Nicole tells Mia that she has guards following her everywhere now because of the family feud. She tells Mia that this is the last time she can see Sydney. "This is it; now go away."

Later on Nicole and EJ (with guards) run into Brady and Victor with their guards. Victor warns Nicole that she married a monster. SOW asks Ari if Nicole is having any regrets about marrying EJ. AZ says, "I don't think it's regret. She [plotted] to marry EJ for months. It's all she wanted. But she is gaining insight into the life she's gotten into. There's a little panic. It's like, "What do I do now?" Nicole knows this isn't a normal life.
Edited by Angie79, Apr 15 2009, 10:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Angie :)

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LOVE THIS PART:
Quote:

Nicole and EJ head home. They have champagne and EJ whisks Nicole upstairs for some lovin'.

Nicole should have googled her new family..she would learn a thing or two!
Thanks for posting!
Liz

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I had a feeling this would happen and it's something you don't see too often on soaps. A character plots and schemes to win the "love of her life," and then when she finally has him, she's like, "What the hell have I gotten myself into and why did I want him in the first place!? lol

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I think there is some confusion (on other boards). The conversation between EJ and Sami where he tries to get Sami to admit that she loves him is AFTER EJ and Nicole are married.

The order I posted it in is the order that things happen. I followed the interview.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Sounds awesome! Thanks Angie!
Be careful what you wish for, Nicole! I love it!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Apr 15 2009, 09:55 PM
I think there is some confusion (on other boards). The conversation between EJ and Sami where he tries to get Sami to admit that she loves him is AFTER EJ and Nicole are married.

The order I posted it in is the order that things happen. I followed the interview.
Thank you. I was a little unclear initially so I appreciate the clarification and have amended my thoughts elsewhere. :)

Quote:

I had a feeling this would happen and it's something you don't see too often on soaps. A character plots and schemes to win the "love of her life," and then when she finally has him, she's like, "What the hell have I gotten myself into and why did I want him in the first place!? lol

It could well play out that way; it will be interesting to see, especially with EJ rapidly going back BSC.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

^^You're welcome. It was unclear with the way I typed it. I was trying to get it done too fast! :)

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Apr 15 2009, 10:47 PM
^^You're welcome. It was unclear with the way I typed it. I was trying to get it done too fast! :)
And your and Ellie's summaries are always very, very much appreciated! Sorry if the anticipation makes y'all feel rushed. :P

Dallas812

Thanks for the info.

LiZa
Member Avatar

I don't understand Nicole at all. Does she live in her own twisted world, that she doesn't care if EJ raped Sami or everything the Dimera's have done to the Brady's? Is she completely mentally gone? I think she and Kate need to be locked up somenwhere. JMO.
What happened to her job with Austin's company? I know she left to LA, for the job and she "fell in love" with some guy. But now that she is back, no job?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I want Nicole to get a job too! She was great as a business woman!
Liz

ilovemydays

LiZa
Apr 16 2009, 06:22 PM
I don't understand Nicole at all. Does she live in her own twisted world, that she doesn't care if EJ raped Sami or everything the Dimera's have done to the Brady's? Is she completely mentally gone? I think she and Kate need to be locked up somenwhere. JMO.
What happened to her job with Austin's company? I know she left to LA, for the job and she "fell in love" with some guy. But now that she is back, no job?

LMAO Nicole wasn't even in Salem when any of that happened and I don't even remember a single conversation she has had where anyone has bothered to set her straight about EJ's dealings as the black glove. St. Sami, however, lived it so if anyone needs to be locked up for overlooking EJ's crimes she should be. JMO.

Nicole came back to Salem to divorce Victor and collect her settlement, a settlement she would have been able to keep had she left town but she chose to stay in Salem and risk losing it just to be with EJ. Before she had a chance to find a job she found out she was pregnant. Luckily she's raising Sydney with EJ so she can delay going back to work and spend more quality time with the baby.

Luckily for Sami she's able to mooch off her family and her baby's daddys (and soon surrogate baby's daddy). I hope Sami gets a job or goes back to school before she gets pregnant again.

Edited by ilovemydays, Apr 16 2009, 06:55 PM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

LMAO Nicole wasn't even in Salem when any of that happened and I don't even remember a single conversation she has had where anyone has bothered to set her straight about EJ's dealings as the black glove. St. Sami, however, lived it so if anyone needs to be locked up for overlooking EJ's crimes she should be. JMO.

I agree wholeheartedly. Nicole wasn't even on the show when EJ was doing all those things. Sami, on the other hand, lived through it all and still is "torn" over her feelings. Nicole has landed herself into quite a situation here. She's been wanting to be EJ's forever love so badly that she's turned a blind eye to everything that is going on around her. She's sold her soul to the devil to get her "perfect family" only to realize soon that it just might not be a bed of roses like she thinks it's going to be. I love the character of Nicole because she's so entertaining. My hats off to Arianne Zucker because it's been a long time since I seen talent quite like hers.

LiZa
Member Avatar

Nicole was in town when that whole Collin is alive after all and she slept with Patrick on that boat/ship. They were trying to escape Stefano. She has been in town when things before EJ existed. She also dated Eric who's mother is Marlena, so she knows from him what Stefano is capable of.

ilovemydays

LiZa
Apr 17 2009, 04:11 PM
Nicole was in town when that whole Collin is alive after all and she slept with Patrick on that boat/ship. They were trying to escape Stefano. She has been in town when things before EJ existed. She also dated Eric who's mother is Marlena, so she knows from him what Stefano is capable of.

You might have had a point if Stefano weren't in COMA when Nicole returned to town. In fact, when Nicole returned to town EJ was living with John Black, Sami and Marlena so she had no reason to think EJ was anything like Stefano. As far as she knew EJ was just a lawyer with the last name of Wells/DiMera that was working with Mickey. Of course, it wasn't long before Nicole found out that EJ was faking his immigration deportation to stay married to Sami but that wasn't something that should of alarmed her because that was not something Stefano would have done...that was something Nicole would have done.

Gotta wonder what Sami's excuse for chasing after EJ is. Sami is either insane or just plain stupid.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This all sounds good.

Again, I love the irony of Nicole getting what she strived so hard for only to find out it's not at all as happy and pleasant as she expected. I also can't wait to see the Nicole/Victor scenes where he tells her she married a monster. That should be really good.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

LiZa
Apr 16 2009, 06:22 PM
To me it's even more crazy that they have the woman that actually was raped by EJ, have any type of warm and fuzzies for him. Sami should have been shipped off to the mental ward a long time ago. :shrug:

daisythree11

while I love the Nicole character, I hate what they have made her into. She is suppose to be a villianess, not a whinning heroine. Don't get me wrong, I love Sami too, but like it or not she has been set up to become the next Marlana. The show has to have a main character that nothing can go right for, and that is her. Marlana spent years looking for her true love, and having it snatched away from her. Not to mention dealing with the evil Stefano. But that was why this show use to be number one. Gone are the times when the characters where dragged to islands unknown and held captive until their knight in shining armour saved them. Those stories were made for good soap operas. We watched them as an escape from real life. They weren't this could every happen in real life stories!! That is what days needs to go back to. Whether you like it or not Sami is the new heroine of this show and make Nicole that character potrayal would be a severe disservice to the acting abilities of Zucker.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Exactly!
Nicole will be back to her scheming way after this baby switch SL is through. Sami is being groomed to be the next wanna-be heroine and she needs her hero BF...
Sami=Sarlena
Rafe= John/Roman
EJ= Steffy
Liz

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply