Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW:Phillip is Shot
Topic Started: Apr 15 2009, 10:45 PM (2,359 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This is a summary of both articles together.

While Stephanie is talking a shower after having sex with Phillip, a hit man enters the hotel room and shoots Phillip. She comes out and sees Phillip lying on the bed and bleeding, and a man standing above him with a gun in his hand. "All Stephanie can do is scream," previews Shelley.

The hit man fires at Stephanie, but misses. Two hotel workers arrive and scare him off. One of the workers calls 911 and Stephanie runs to Phillip's aid. "Stephanie is beyond terrified," says Hennig. "It's really emotional and horrifying. All she can do is hold on to him and tell him it's going to be okay."

Phillip is rushed to the hospital in critical condition, and Stephanie calls Victor from the ambulance on the way over. "Once they are at the hosptial a nurse stops Stephanie from going with Phillip," explains SH. "Stephanie collapses on the floor and Melanie catches her. Stephanie is just going ballistic, thinking this is the last time she's ever going to see him and she didn't get to say good-bye."

Brady and Melanie offer support, while Victor demands answers. He wants to know what happened and where they were. Brady tries to make sure Victor doesn't take things too far since Stephanie has been through something horrible. Stephanie eventually sits down with Victor and tells him everything.

When Stefano shows up, Victor erupts and confronts him about what he's done. Stefano feigns innocence.

Phillip makes it through the surgery and Stephanie sits at his bedside. Stephanie begs him to wake up and fight through this and he then opens his eyes. Stephanie is beyond overjoyed. she thinks Phillip is coming back to her. The next thing she knows, his machines are going off and he flatlines.

Daniel and his medical team rush in to revive him. Dan suggests an experimental treatment that might save Phillip and Kate gives her consent to try it. Later, Phillip wakes up and his prognosis improves - with Victor promising his son the DiMera's will pay for what they have done.

"Stephanies more concerned with Phillip than revenge. She's just happy that he's alive," says Hennig, admitting that Stephanie does realize the gravity of the DiMera/Kiriakis feud, and that "she's in the middle of it, since she's connected to Phillip. There is a lot at stake, but Stephanie is determined to be with Philip no matter what. It's too late to back out now. Stephanie might be afraid for her life, but her love for Phillip takes precedence."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Oh, WOW, this SL with the DiMeras and Kiriakis just gets better and better! Why would Steffy be anywhere around the hospital???
Thanks for posting the article!
Liz

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Oh, and a heads up to any Phillip/Stephanie fans; there is a really cute interview with Jay and Shelley in SOD too.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This sounds good. But most of the stuff we've been seeing for the past year sounded good on paper, but on the television, it just sucked.

I do like that Melanie is the one that catches Stephanie when she collapses from breaking down. This could be a turning point in their relationship. I don't want to see the two as best friends, but I wouldn't mind them putting the animosity aside for a while until something happens a few months from now that turns them back into enemies.

jane1978

Whoa! This is going to be pretty intensive. Looks like the DiMeras are bad and dangerous again. For years all they were able to do was some crazy plans how to "destroy love" or had some inept peons doing the bad stuff. This is very open and direct and the show makes it pretty clear both Stefano AND EJ are supporting it. The DiMeras vs. Kiriakis war is really shaping up into a great storyline.

sungrey

And for once it establishes EJ as a bad guy, which he is deep down. I do like this story a lot.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 15 2009, 11:28 PM
Oh, and a heads up to any Phillip/Stephanie fans; there is a really cute interview with Jay and Shelley in SOD too.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm really enjoying this storyline right now.

pagraves
Member Avatar

Boy, Stephanie could sure use her parents about now...

Alligato
Member Avatar

Awesome! Very detailed though.
I can't wait for this whole feud thing to heat up!

Thanks for sharing!

cjknick
Member Avatar

This is so stupid of course they are going to know this was a hit put out by the DiMera's! DUH!

esp13
Member Avatar

pagraves
Apr 16 2009, 02:23 PM
Why would she need her parents? She's got Brady and Melanie to provide support and Lexie to talk to about her fears (according to other spoilers). Why would she possibly need to talk to her mother and father after a terribly traumatic experience arising from a feud between two families? What would they possibly know about that?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

esp13
Apr 16 2009, 03:04 PM
pagraves
Apr 16 2009, 02:23 PM
Why would she need her parents? She's got Brady and Melanie to provide support and Lexie to talk to about her fears (according to other spoilers). Why would she possibly need to talk to her mother and father after a terribly traumatic experience arising from a feud between two families? What would they possibly know about that?
Hey now, we don't know we don't get a one-sided phone conversation with Stephanie saying, "Yes, Papa, it was really scary. Yes, I think my life may be in danger and Philip is hanging onto life by a thread. Crazy how these feuds work, isn't it? Well, you and Mom have fun at your conference in St. Louis!"

esp13
Member Avatar

Fair point. Although I expect the one-sided phone call to be something like "you and mom have a nice dinner at home and I'll check in with you later." Or, it will be like Mickey at Christmas and we'll get a lot of "they just went home to check on Joe" or "they just went to the pub to pick up food."

Regardless, it's going to be stupid. That's why they should have given them an actual exit storyline and send them on a Doug and Julie-like cruise around the world or something.

koos

"Daniel and his medical team rush in to revive him. Dan suggests an experimental treatment that might save Phillip and Kate gives her consent to try it." Oh, jesus. How many times are they going to trot out that old chestnut? Looks like they're continuing with the weekly/monthly/yearly characterization changes of EJ as well. He's good, he's evil, he's good, he's evil, he's... can they make up their minds?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Here is the poll results that someone wanted last week:

Who should Phillip be with?

Stephanie 55%

Melanie 45%

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Steve and Kayla should be there; it would add lots of depth to the storyline. But, if they were there, people would complain that they were being used as "Props" for Stephanie. Days can't win for losing.

oldschoolfan

Thanks for posting. I am a Philip and Stephanie fan and a Steve and Kayla fan and Stephanie's parents should be there, at the very least Steve. He has history with both families and IMO would add a lot to the storyline. But I guess they are somewhere ordering food or changing little Joe's diaper.

ilovemydays

cjknick
Apr 16 2009, 02:32 PM
This is so stupid of course they are going to know this was a hit put out by the DiMera's! DUH!

No joke! I can't believe they didn't even bother to make it look like an accident. Even crazy Ava was smart enough to have someone tamper with John's airplane engine.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

This is must-see-tv for me. I hope my boy Phil pulls through it. I just love this feud. This is a zillion times better than the Brady/Dimera feud which held no interest for me. Joe Mascolo and John Aniston are masters at their trade. I can't believe it took this long for the writers to say, "hey why don't we pit the Kiriakis against the Dimeras." I'm grateful to the scribe that had the gusto to create this tale. The show took some risks and it has definitely paid off.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jane1978
Apr 16 2009, 04:21 AM
Whoa! This is going to be pretty intensive. Looks like the DiMeras are bad and dangerous again. For years all they were able to do was some crazy plans how to "destroy love" or had some inept peons doing the bad stuff. This is very open and direct and the show makes it pretty clear both Stefano AND EJ are supporting it. The DiMeras vs. Kiriakis war is really shaping up into a great storyline.
I agree, the DiMeras are realstic villains again and not just over the top cartoonish. Stefano feels like a real mobster now, instead of kidnaping and brainwashing his enemy he sends a hitman on him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply