Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: May Sweeps Preview; May 5th issue
Topic Started: Apr 22 2009, 09:35 AM (3,975 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

As usual, Dena Higley "and the Days writing team" are credited with the preview, yet there are no direct quotes. All quotes below are from SOW's wording.

- The Dimera/Kiriakis feud "builds to a showdown" between the two families.

- Brady betrays Victor and Philip. Victor kicks Brady out of the family. Brady has a "prickly run-in" with Arianna.

- After Philip proposes to Stephanie, Caroline warns Stephanie about "commiting to a Kiriakis". Stephanie finds herself "trapped in a terrifying, creepy situation".

- Lucas tries to find out why Kate has turned against Chloe. He begins to remember parts of the night that Maggie revealed Chloe's affair.

- Mia has a hard time forgetting about her baby. She bonds even more with Grace.

-
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Yawn. Thanks Ellie! :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

When I read the SOD May Sweeps Previews, I thought to myself, "Wow... this couldn't possibly sound more boring." Fast forward one week and obviously I was proven wrong, LoL.

Thanks, Ellie! :)

Sindacco
Member Avatar

The Kiriakis/DiMera feud is the only good story currently, I'm bored with everything else.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

The DiMera-Kiriakis stuff sounds pretty good. I'm intrigued by Brady betraying Victor and Philip (how? and why?).

Not that interested in Mia/Grace. I'm glad Lucas is starting to wake up though, since hopefully this will eventually lead to the end of Lucloe.
Edited by Paxton, Apr 22 2009, 10:02 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I'm glad I'm not related to Victor. Cough the wrong way and you're out of the family.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

So no real climax or reveals...meh, just more of the same run arounds....I am not watching...Not until this show provides me with something new. This is just more of the same dragged out nonsense.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you! The Brady stuff sounds good.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Why is Dena Higley the head writer of this show? While all of the other show's head scribes like to describe their story because of their pride in their work, we have had about 2 interviews from Higley since she started over a year ago.

The only things that interest me is Brady's part in the family war, as well as Philip and Stephanie's engagement.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 22 2009, 11:10 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like these.

Not a whole lot to go on but that is a good thing, especially since we got more details with the SOD previews.

I'm not shocked about Brady. He wants no part of the violence and I think his feelings for Nicole will be in play. As for Victor tossing him out, it's in character and it will be interesting to see since he's never done that to Brady, who he has always seem to favor more at times over Philip.

The feud stuff sounds very good but it sounded good in the previews. I love the Caroline/Stephanie spoiler for a number of reasons. First, it brings up history. Second, it makes me feel better about the proposal because now I know there is no way they will rush these two to the altar. It sounds like the proposal comes before she gets kidnapped and I think the kidnapping will force her to reflect on things and will cause some tension. It's also nice to see Caroline involved with Stephanie. We were cheated out of so many good scenes with them because she was with Max and they were trying to ignore the family connection. This is good to see IMO, especially with Steve and Kayla gone. I want them to start using Bo, Hope, and Caroline as confidantes for her.

Glad Lucas begins to remember bits and pieces. I think they are building this up to a June reveal (Wimbledon, maybe?) and that they may string the baby switch along even longer, which is fine by me. I thought it may be the baby switch that is revealed but given how the feud has been intersected with that story, I think they can play that a little longer.

The Mia stuff is just more buildup. Shocked that they didn't even toss a blurb about Nicole in these previews since her and her story were so big in the SOD previews but these are just that...blurbs. I think that is why there are no direct quotes, unlike when Ken Corday gave them in SOD. That and the fact that I've felt all along that Dena is not really the HW anymore. I think she is just HW in name only and is just the third wheel while Tomlin and Whitesell control the story of the show. I suspect that is why there are no direct quotes and we simply have blurbs from 'Dena Higley and the writing team." Normally, a show does not hide their HW and at least will distinguish their position but that has not happened here and has not happened in a long time. Even in the Fall and 2009 previews for SOW, we had a similar situation here. She had a big interview in April 2008 when she was officially confirmed as HW coming out of the strike. Then, she gave out previews during the blackout story in July 2008 and I think she did another interview that had copy and pasted quotes from her later in summer. Otherwise, we've had nothing else. She hasn't even blogged since Fall when Tomlin and Whitesell came on board.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 22 2009, 11:14 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 22 2009, 11:11 AM
The Mia stuff is just more buildup. Shocked that they didn't even toss a blurb about Nicole in these previews since her and her story were so big in the SOD previews but these are just that...blurbs. I think that is why there are no direct quotes, unlike when Ken Corday gave them in SOD. That and the fact that I've felt all along that Dena is not really the HW anymore. I think she is just HW in name only and is just the third wheel while Tomlin and Whitesell control the story of the show. I suspect that is why there are no direct quotes and we simply have blurbs from 'Dena Higley and the writing team." Normally, a show does not hide their HW and at least will distinguish their position but that has not happened here and has not happened in a long time. Even in the Fall and 2009 previews for SOW, we had a similar situation here. She had a big interview in April 2008 when she was officially confirmed as HW coming out of the strike. Then, she gave out previews during the blackout story in July 2008 and I think she did another interview that had copy and pasted quotes from her later in summer. Otherwise, we've had nothing else. She hasn't even blogged since Fall when Tomlin and Whitesell came on board.
If that's the case, then fire her! What are TPTB worried about? Public backlash?! Um, I'm pretty sure not a single damn fan is going to be upset that Dena Higley was fired. They'll cheer it on. And if you are right that Tomlin and Whitesell are the ones dishing out most of this garbage, then Higley needs to be fired so Whitesell can take over the head writer position so that the fans can start blaming the person supposedly responsible.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2009, 11:23 AM
PhoenixRising05
If that's the case, then fire her! What are TPTB worried about? Public backlash?! Um, I'm pretty sure not a single damn fan is going to be upset that Dena Higley was fired. They'll cheer it on. And if you are right that Tomlin and Whitesell are the ones dishing out most of this garbage, then Higley needs to be fired so Whitesell can take over the head writer position so that the fans can start blaming the person supposedly responsible.
Absolutely.

I honestly don't get it either. I thought for sure she would be gone right away. I felt maybe they would wait a few months for the smoke to clear but they didn't. She is still here and I have no idea why. At the very least, just demote her to her old role on the writing team as an associate HW or something. I doubt she will care as long as she works because she is not getting a job anywhere else.

daysfan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05
In my honest opinion, I think Higley is only there to please Corday or keep him from interfering....its obvious that he loves Higley, so Tomlin/Whitesell probably just keep her on the show so Corday will be happy....other than that, I really don't think Higley has any power, its all Tomlin/Whitesell....I honestly forget she's still here at times.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Apr 22 2009, 11:28 AM
DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05
In my honest opinion, I think Higley is only there to please Corday or keep him from interfering....its obvious that he loves Higley, so Tomlin/Whitesell probably just keep her on the show so Corday will be happy....other than that, I really don't think Higley has any power, its all Tomlin/Whitesell....I honestly forget she's still here at times.
That is the only reasoning I could come up with. I think that was probably the only way they could keep Corday away so she just stays on and does whatever they don't do or get to LOL. I have a feeling that once Tomlin and Whitesell feel secure enough with the show and it's position, they will push Corday to drop her and he will, assuming he will be impressed with where the show is at that moment.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Then that's a pretty fucked up thing for Corday to do to his "friend." Keep her in this high up position and have her name bashed day after day.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

THIS is sweeps???Wth??I see nothing that would make me want to take the actual time to tune in....as for Lucas I think he will learn about DAnloe,,fall off the wagon,,and reveal the baby probaly to Ej,by accident..and then we will have tennis for a week or is it two??Then onto the fallout after...clearly Sami telling him NOT to reveal,it means he will...as for Higley I read some time back,she was headwriter in name only now,,and she even posted on her blog WAYYYY back,that some of the "changes"were out of her control..this was around Jarlena getting the boot..

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

How many head writers is Corday paying? Is he still paying JER's estate? What about Hogan Sheffer?

Dawn7
Member Avatar

thanks ellie

annn1
Member Avatar

he is paying JER to may

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

I hate those storyline plots of selective amnesia. It's about time Lucas remembers why he was at Daniel's door when that gas explosion happened.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply