Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Casting tidbits; May 5th issue
Topic Started: Apr 22 2009, 09:40 AM (2,521 Views)
Bradyclan

Is there any other Horton around that age ? Perhaps , Nick studied in jail and will be coming back ?

In a few years, there will be lots of doctors in town. Max when he comes back . Chelsea as well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

jane1978
Apr 22 2009, 03:57 PM
esp13
Apr 22 2009, 02:52 PM
The thing is, I'm not sure Jeremy would be the right guy anyway. First off, last we heard he was on the run from the cops and now he would be in med school? Granted, it's not the most outrageous thing the show has done (even this week) but it is still a stretch. Secondly, he was supposed to be somewhat older than Stephanie when he was on the show before (he'd already served as a pilot in Iraq, had his long criminal history, etc.) so I don't think Jeremy fits the age range. Doesn't mean it's not another Horton, or a recast, completely revised Jeremy. But, right now, the information doesn't seem to fit.
I donīt know why people think he is Jeremy. He could be anyone. Heck, the last time we saw Mike was in late 90īs, so this guy could be easily his son. Or for all we know Jack Deveraux Jr. There is a whole generation they can jump over and just introduce whoever they want.

Jeremy IS Mike's son.

jane1978

Angie79
Apr 22 2009, 04:27 PM
jane1978
Apr 22 2009, 03:57 PM
esp13
Apr 22 2009, 02:52 PM
The thing is, I'm not sure Jeremy would be the right guy anyway. First off, last we heard he was on the run from the cops and now he would be in med school? Granted, it's not the most outrageous thing the show has done (even this week) but it is still a stretch. Secondly, he was supposed to be somewhat older than Stephanie when he was on the show before (he'd already served as a pilot in Iraq, had his long criminal history, etc.) so I don't think Jeremy fits the age range. Doesn't mean it's not another Horton, or a recast, completely revised Jeremy. But, right now, the information doesn't seem to fit.
I donīt know why people think he is Jeremy. He could be anyone. Heck, the last time we saw Mike was in late 90īs, so this guy could be easily his son. Or for all we know Jack Deveraux Jr. There is a whole generation they can jump over and just introduce whoever they want.

Jeremy IS Mike's son.
You are right! I completely forgot Mike was once grownup with a family and child before JER brought him back as the beefcake young sexy doctor into the triangle with Carrie. One of the most famous case of DAYS scr*wed up timelines ever. So maybe they should just keep the tradition and introduce Mike back yet again.

flyinghigh

Paxton
Apr 22 2009, 09:58 AM
Ellie
Apr 22 2009, 09:40 AM
According to this week's SOD, Days is casting two new men: a "bad boy teen" who will probably turn out to be the father of Mia's baby, and a 25 year old med student who is slated for Melanie.

Melanie getting a (relatively) age-appropriate love interest??? Anything that takes her away from Philip and Brady is good news as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for posting!
You said it. I hope he is not some asshole that just wants her for sex. THat whould be a boring ass and very lame excuse to get Melanie away from Phil.

Brady and Mel are just friends. I mean sure she kissed him, but they are friends.

Phil and Mel don't get along...and we all know that Steph and Phil do get engaged

All I care is Mel gets an interesting storyline. I actually am starting to like her sence of humor. And we all saw how she does have a nice side to her.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Bumping this to go with the spec about the SuBe guy and Grace spumors.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

If it was Jeremy wouldn't there be something mentioned about Stephanie, not so much Melanie? Jeremy could also cause problems for Stephanie and Phillip.

I love the idea about it being a Donovan though!

Shylock

"act like a horton"

People seem to forget that Jeremy is Bill Horton's grandson.

ginababe
BANNED

I'm may be in the minority here, but I like Melanie a heck of a lot better than Stefanie, and I think Mollie Burnett is a much better actress than Shelly Hennig. I'm glad they are finally getting this character right.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ Actually, I'm starting to like MB better then SH. Maybe its because MB was shoved down my throat and you could tell this is her first (or one of the first) jobs in Daytime. Then, you had her in this super juicy SL- having the AFP, a multi-million dollar project and you have the leading men falling to her feet, vying for her attention and her signing over the AFP. At least EJ wasn't "daydreaming" over her. Finally, you get her with Brady and she kisses him?? HUH?

But now, I feel she's an asset to days because she has calmed down the facial smirks and gestures and has settled. I really enjoy her scenes with Max. I also like her flirtiness with Phil and her talks with Brady.

However, I dont think there's a man on canvas now for her character. I'm glad that they're bringing one for her.

As for SH, I think its the case that the material sucks for her and a better actress can make something out of it, but she unfortunately cannot. I did like her scenes at the hospital w/Melanie, but she lacks a certain depth to that character. I'm still waiting for her to rise pass the constant walking out on Phil material that she has to play.
Liz

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply