Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: EJ has visions of Sami; May 5th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Apr 22 2009, 10:03 AM (4,338 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Ali Sweeney, James Scott and Galen Gering are interviewed by SOD and SOW this week.

[Note: SOD and SOW each feature only one Days story article this week, on this story. Therefore this will be the only Days magazine summary post this week.]

Sami and Rafe almost make love, but they're interrupted by EJ. First, Sami asks Rafe not to leave Salem. Ali Sweeney points out that Sami doesn't resort to manipulation, as she once would have. Rather, "[Sami] acknowledges she was taking advantage of his kindness and willingness to help her protect Grace but was shutting him down when it didn't suit her."

Sami tells Rafe how much she cares for him, and as Galen Gering says, "it reaches him deeply." Rafe misses his flight, and he goes back to Sami's apartment. Gering explains that Rafe is "carrying Sami off to the bedroom, when there's a freakin' knock at the door". Sami thinks it's Will, so she goes to open the door, but it's EJ. Sweeney says that EJ "has this lame excuse for why he's knocking on her door": he's brought preschool applications for Johnny. James Scott discusses the fact that EJ has thoughts of Sami even when he's making love to Nicole. "Does he have unresolved feelings for Sami? Of course he does. He was in love with her." Scott continues that initially, the reason EJ started "dallying around" with Nicole was to get Sami jealous, but regarding whether EJ is in love with Sami now, "I don't know if it's that formulated in [EJ's] mind."

Rafe and Sami are both "disheveled", and Rafe tries to put his shirt on. Rafe goes to take a phone call, and EJ talks to Sami about her having interrupted his wedding. Sweeney says that EJ tells Sami that "this is just a rebound relationship, and everybody knows it except Rafe". Sweeney continues that Sami is "frustrated", because she can't tell EJ the real reason she interrupted the wedding, which was to tell him about Grace.

Rafe overhears their conversation, and as Gering says, "He thinks, 'Wow! EJ is right!'" Rafe asks EJ to leave, and then he asks Sami what her feelings are for EJ. Sweeney says that "Sami insists she only has feelings for Rafe, but [Rafe] isn't satisfied with her answers and storms off. The romantic mood is ruined."

Later, Rafe has a reunion with Arianna, and Sami overhears Rafe's telling Arianna that he loves her and that, as SOW puts it, "no one will ever take her place in his heart". Sweeney says that "Sami's there to be the brave one and put her feelings for Rafe out there." Even though Sami is "feeling rejected" after hearing Rafe and Arianna's conversation, "she isn't going to run off. She decides to confront Rafe".

Meanwhile, as SOD explains, Nicole "gets the sense that her hubby's mind is on Sami - and makes plans to do something about it".

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leia
Member Avatar

:soapbox: They all drive me mad!
Edited by Leia, Apr 22 2009, 10:05 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

When will the writers make up their minds? I'm sick of Sami going back and forth with Lucas, EJ and now Rafe. Same with EJ when it comes to Sami and Nicole.

And it's not realistic that all these men would want to be with someone like Sami.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I just ... umm, ok ... you know what, nevermind, I can't even put together a thought.
Thanks for posting.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Round and Round we go where it will stop nobody knows! Flip a coin Sami - Flip a coin! UGH - these Sami triangles are getting so old!

thanks Ellie!

desertgal

I am really looking forward to the Sami/Rafe exchange. What I'm not looking forward to is the bouncing back and forth that Sami's gonna do; that part of the story is extremely old.

I think Arianna is definitely going to be Rafe's sister.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sindacco
Apr 22 2009, 10:12 AM
When will the writers make up their minds? I'm sick of Sami going back and forth with Lucas, EJ and now Rafe. Same with EJ when it comes to Sami and Nicole.

And it's not realistic that all these men would want to be with someone like Sami.
That about sums it up for me. I want EJ and Nicole, but if they go with EJami I'll either FF or quit watching altogether, but I really just want them to PICK SOMETHING. Pick a couple and commit. That goes for every other pairing/potential pairing.

Mindy
Member Avatar

Does anyone know why all the hot men in Salem fight over Sami? I wonder if TPTB realize how tired it gets and how unrealistic and unbelievable it is. I hope this Arianna girl isn't Rafe's sister and turns out to be a perfect match for him because he doesn't need to be caught in the Sami trap like poor EJ. EJ is such a weak character when he's obsessing over Sami. And Nicole needs to do something aboout it alright. She needs to leave him or shut him out of her bed. He's way too comfortable right now.
Edited by Mindy, Apr 22 2009, 10:30 AM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

And so are the Bi-polar filled Days Of Our Lives....Geeze, when is this baby switch crap gonna wrap the hell up? WTF is Nicole gonna do now? Hasn't she done enough already? I want this woman caught red-handed for once.

cjknick
Member Avatar

EJ's vision of Sami - I wonder if it will just be a flashback or if AS and JS had to do a hot scene again?
Edited by cjknick, Apr 22 2009, 10:46 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Well there goes my enjoyment of the Sami/EJ/Nicole triangle. They really had me this week, but it looks like I'll be back to hating this story next week.

I just wish Rafe would leave. He's not needed at all. He has served his purpose, I think. And I'm highly annoyed that he has a past with Arianna, another new character. I get that Rafe would obviously have past loves, but when are these writers, especially Higley, going to realize that you can't clump a bunch of new characters and expect the audience to become invested. It would have been better had Rafe had a past with a character already established on the show. That would make the fans interested in Rafe more because of his connection to Sami, as well as the other character that fans already know. Stupid stupid writers.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you for the articles! Sami and Rafe sounds great :wub: :wub:

ilovemydays

Sindacco

Thanks for the warning Ellie!

Its not realistic that ANY of these men would want to be with someone like Sami! :lol: Its ridiculous that TPTB hadn't learned from the past. Sami is just TERRIBLE as the center of a triangle.

Honestly, I've only been watching DAYS because of the work being done by Ari but if they sacrifice her and her chaacter so that they can shove more AS/Sami down my throat I'm just going to have to bail. I refuse to sit through another storyline like EJamicus.

You know, I won't even be angry about it. I'll just switch to Y&R and start writing them to hire AZ when her contract expires.

Edited by ilovemydays, Apr 22 2009, 11:14 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, I'm looking forward to this. Then again, I actually give a damn about Rafe and Sami so there you go. It sounds like classic soap with them trying to get romantic but the interruptions keep coming. I'm glad the baby switch is not over because there is still more to build. For example, they really have to sell EJ and Sami's feelings for each other a bit more because so much of 2007 and 2008 was wishy-washy so the strong connection needs to be built up more. This will help that along. Plus, I can't wait to see what Nicole will do. Adding more schemes and lies to the mix will only make the payoff better IMO.

As for Arianna, they've been smart with her. She has been nothing but an extra up until now in the way they've used her and she has not been all over he place like many spoilers had suggested she would be. She will help in developing Rafe and I feel learning more about him and his past is necessary. Then again, I like Rafe as a character so that is why LOL. I just hope she is his sister and not a girlfriend. That is what I thought she was to him initially and I think she could be a great sounding board for him.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sindacco

:hail: :hail: :hail:
THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!!!

As a Nicole fan, I don't want to get trapped in the VORTEX of SUCK that is Sami and AS!
Liz

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

cjknick
Apr 22 2009, 10:45 AM
EJ's vision of Sami - I wonder if it will just be a flashback or if AS and JS had to do a hot scene again?
OMG,,I HOPE so!!!That would be worth tuning in for,the hot scene I mean!! :rockon:
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Apr 22 2009, 11:49 AM.

Dawn7
Member Avatar

rafe and sami :puke:

thanks ellie
Edited by Dawn7, Apr 22 2009, 11:55 AM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Dawn7
Apr 22 2009, 11:53 AM
rafe and sami :puke:

thanks ellie
:cheer: I could NOT agree more,,,a more dull and uninteresting character,they have EVER had on this show.He makes me want to :sleep: he is so dull

Nicole Walker

Next year Sami will be knocked up with Rafe's kid. Poor dude has no idea the hell he's about to endure. Stick with Arianna so you won't become a loser like EJ. Please get Nicole out of this triangle. I've had enough. If EJ wants to chase after Sami while she continues to diss him then more power to him. Nicole is a loser right now trying to hold on to a man who does not truly love her. She has a guy that's crazy about her and she lets him go for EJ. Well at least Nicole has someone that truly loves her and tried to fight for her it's better than what EJ has. LOL!
Edited by Nicole Walker, Apr 22 2009, 11:59 AM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Apr 22 2009, 11:58 AM
Next year Sami will be knocked up with Rafe's kid. Poor dude has no idea the hell he's about to endure. Stick with Arianna so you won't become a loser like EJ. Please get Nicole out of this triangle. I've had enough. If EJ wants to chase after Sami while she continues to diss him then more power to him. Nicole is a loser right now trying to hold on to a man who does not truly love her. She has a guy that's crazy about her and she lets him go for EJ. Well at least Nicole has someone that truly loves her and tried to fight for her it's better than what EJ has. LOL!
Actually if she wants Brady she had better get on the stick,,cause the new gal,,has an interest in him!!!EM said he was filming stuff with her,,AND spoilers say Brady has a "run-in"with Arianna

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply