Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for Week of 4/27; Is Rafe over Sami's mixed signals?
Topic Started: Apr 24 2009, 07:47 PM (2,463 Views)
victoriaf

Thanks Ellie for posting...

I saw this scene and it kind of reminded me of that awful couch sex scene that Lucas and Sami had a couple of years ago. Where Sami was trying to be the aggressor - didn't she rip Lucas' shirt off in that scene?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

desertgal

I agree with everything that PhoenixRising said. I agree I love this Sami and Rafe relationship and that understands Sami for who she really is.

I am so glad it is finally progressing.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Hold up. What's the deal about AS ripping a shirt off? Did I miss something? When did she rip off his shirt?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Apr 25 2009, 11:05 AM
Hold up. What's the deal about AS ripping a shirt off? Did I miss something? When did she rip off his shirt?
It was reported in Nelson's column. Ali and Galen were taping some upcoming love scenes and she wanted to rip open his shirt. I guess the wardrobe people said no because they wanted to be able to reuse the shirt Galen was wearing or something but when the scenes were taped Ali ended up ripping off Galen's shirt anyway LOL. As I said, considering how racy the love scenes have gotten under Tomlin, you would think the producers would've interjected and been fine with it but I guess not. Nonetheless, Ali did it anyway and I'm glad she did because it works well for the scenes.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 25 2009, 12:23 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Great promo. Sami & Rafe look hot in that clip.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Thanks I could care less about SAmi and her bumbling "so called FBI"guy :sleep:

Alligato
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 25 2009, 12:23 PM
Alligato
It was reported in Nelson's column. Ali and Galen were taping some upcoming love scenes and she wanted to rip open his shirt. I guess the wardrobe people said no because they wanted to be able to reuse the shirt Galen was wearing or something but when the scenes were taped Ali ended up ripping off Galen's shirt anyway LOL. As I said, considering how racy the love scenes have gotten under Tomlin, you would think the producers would've interjected and been fine with it but I guess not. Nonetheless, Ali did it anyway and I'm glad she did because it works well for the scenes.
Oh, I see it now. Thanks, PR! I had missed that!
I wonder how that got out? Girl definitely gets what she wants, huh?

ilovemydays

PhoenixRising05
Alligato

The reason the show needs multiple items of clothing slated to be destroyed in filming has nothing to do with the cost of the shirt. It has to do with filming. If they have to re-shoot that scene, add filler flashback scenes or tape out of sequence shots for scenes earlier in that day the show is screwed.

ginababe
BANNED

R-E-B-O-U-N-D Indeed!! Muhahahha, oh Rafe, this is just as bad as Nicole continuing after EJ called out Sami's name, have you no shame? LOL!

ilovemydays

When it comes to dumbass mistakes no one takes the cake like Sami. She got duped into thinking that the man that raped her had actually changed (fake deportation anyone?) and had sex with him again! At least she felt the shame when she jumped out of bed to go running after Lucas. Then it was EJ's turn to feel like a loser.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ilovemydays
Apr 25 2009, 05:14 PM
PhoenixRising05
Alligato

The reason the show needs multiple items of clothing slated to be destroyed in filming has nothing to do with the cost of the shirt. It has to do with filming. If they have to re-shoot that scene, add filler flashback scenes or tape out of sequence shots for scenes earlier in that day the show is screwed.

I don't see how they are screwed LOL.

Chances are you can find another shirt just like the one that is ripped. That is why I think that is being cheap, especially when they ruin clothing all the time with makeup and fake blood and all that shit. It just really makes no sense to me, unless the shirt is one of a kind and custom made or some shit like that.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Apr 26 2009, 08:36 PM
Chances are you can find another shirt just like the one that is ripped. That is why I think that is being cheap, especially when they ruin clothing all the time with makeup and fake blood and all that shit. It just really makes no sense to me, unless the shirt is one of a kind and custom made or some shit like that.
Well, if they were about to shoot the scene, and they only had one shirt, and Ali asked if she could rip it, that would mean they couldn't do a second take if they had to. That's kind of a risk... I can see why they said no. Seriously, if something went wrong in the first take, what would they do? They couldn't start the scene with a ripped shirt, and if Galen had been wearing the shirt for multiple scenes (or episodes) prior to that, they'd be stuck. It's not like they could just run to the mall between takes.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Apr 26 2009, 08:51 PM
PhoenixRising05
Well, if they were about to shoot the scene, and they only had one shirt, and Ali asked if she could rip it, that would mean they couldn't do a second take if they had to. That's kind of a risk... I can see why they said no. Seriously, if something went wrong in the first take, what would they do? They couldn't start the scene with a ripped shirt, and if Galen had been wearing the shirt for multiple scenes (or episodes) prior to that, they'd be stuck. It's not like they could just run to the mall between takes.
Perhaps but they've done stuff like that before so I don't get why it would be so different now. There were numerous sex scenes last year where the shirt on a male was wrecked in some way either by the woman ripping it off and the buttons flying all over (and I don't think they want to put the buttoms back on nor do they have time for that) or the shirt being just plain old ripped in some way.

I can't believe I'm so bored tonight that I'm arguing about this :laugh: .

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Apr 26 2009, 08:56 PM
Perhaps but they've done stuff like that before so I don't get why it would be so different now. There were numerous sex scenes last year where the shirt on a male was wrecked in some way either by the woman ripping it off and the buttons flying all over (and I don't think they want to put the buttoms back on nor do they have time for that) or the shirt being just plain old ripped in some way.

lol!! I'm finding this much more interesting than any other Sami thread. :wink: My thought is that it was in the script before, so they bought two shirts. Maybe the 'Safe sex' scene wasn't scripted as such a hot scene, lol.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^LOL.

That is a good point but I just find that hard to believe considering the way the sex scenes have been of late.

ilovemydays

PhoenixRising05
Ellie
PhoenixRising05

LOL, it is a slow night.

OK, they have multiples items of clothing if something is slated to be destroyed.

What were they supposed to do if they needed to retape? Go back and reshoot everything that happened prior to that day with a new shirt? Stop taping while a tailor sewed the garment back together or put the taping off for another day so that they could find another shirt like that one on the internet because chances are its an item of clothing that had been in the wardrobe closet for a couple of seasons.

Ali took a risk and I hope the scenes plays well enough to warrant it but since this is Ali we are talking about it doesn't really matter does it?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ilovemydays
Apr 26 2009, 09:16 PM
PhoenixRising05
Ellie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

LOL, it is a slow night.

OK, they have multiples items of clothing if something is slated to be destroyed.

What were they supposed to do if they needed to retape? Go back and reshoot everything that happened prior to that day with a new shirt? Stop taping while a tailor sewed the garment back together or put the taping off for another day so that they could find another shirt like that one on the internet because chances are its an item of clothing that had been in the wardrobe closet for a couple of seasons.

Ali took a risk and I hope the scenes plays well enough to warrant it but since this is Ali we are talking about it doesn't really matter does it?
I see what your saying but so many shows do it so often and so does Days. I could see if it didn't happen often and if the sex scenes on Days were sort of like they were pre-Tomlin but the way the sex scenes are on this show now and the fact that stuff like this happens across all of daytime and primetime in the midst of strict budgets with regularity just has be struggling to see why they made a fuss over this.

Whatever the case, I'm glad Ali did it anyway and, hopefully, the scene is good.

ilovemydays

Well, PhoenixRising05, if your point is that TPTB should have preplanned the scene to allow for multiple shirts in case the director opted to have Sami rip Rafe's shirt off than IA with you. My guess is that TPTB planned for the scene to be loving and romantic and didn't want Safe to look like they were just having sex so they didn't request an extra shirt (or to have the buttons' threads cut) in advance).

I really do hope that the scene looks good but AS certainly didn't do anything to dispel the rumor that she is a Diva that gets her way. This was very much a case of Ali getting what she wanted production and crew be damned.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Oh, your right. I'm sure the show had a different idea for what it was supposed to be. I guess that is what I'm more puzzled about. All the sex scenes on this show are edgy and racy now so it just stuns me that the show would want to go that route.

Good point about Ali. That certainly just adds fuel to the fire LOL.

cjknick
Member Avatar

If Sami/Ali is control of this scene - then crusty coach here we come. Ali/Sami is horrible as the aggressor it just looks awkward.
Edited by cjknick, Apr 27 2009, 08:54 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply