Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Owen spoiler
Topic Started: Apr 27 2009, 09:45 AM (2,515 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

From me :wave:

Owen is going to attack Stephanie. Not a rape. I think he also holds her captive.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

HAH!! and they'll probably fall in luv.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, he is working for Stefano and we know she is kidnapped in May so it's not a shock, really.

I'm guessing they are going to go the Steve route with him. Having him be bad and working for an evil family and then he starts to change. I can see Stephanie beginning that change and I think bringing in his father will help that along too so I can see why thought his father on so soon. They are probably going to give us some info on his background to perhaps explain why he ended up like this and working for the Dimera's and then his father tries to convince him to put an end to it, as will Stephanie while in captivity.

Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 27 2009, 10:37 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting ....

You know when JKJ last December cleaned out his dressing room and left angry and then he came back I thought TPTB are going to phase out Phillip when it suits them. I think this new character will come in and will in a sense phase Phillip out!

peaches179

zzzzzz. Thanks for posting, OBK! :)

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

cjknick
Apr 27 2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks for posting ....

You know when JKJ last December cleaned out his dressing room and left angry and then he came back I thought TPTB are going to phase out Phillip when it suits them. I think this new character will come in and will in a sense phase Phillip out!
Why would they have re-signed JKJ if they just wanted to phase Philip out? If they were pissed at him for storming out of his dressing room--if that even happened--and thought he wasn't a team player deserving of one of Corday's t-shirts or whatever, why re-sign him at all? It would have been easy enough to phase him out then as his relationship with Stephanie was still very new and would hardly even have warranted an explanation if Stephanie suddenly "lost" him. Not to mention which even if they were mad at Jay that doesn't mean they wouldn't have recast--there were reports at the time of others who read for the role. I don't think they were phasing out Philip at all, nor do I think they're doing so in the future. If they wanted to do that I'd have thought the DiMera hit would have been a great time to do that--it would have given the feud incredibly high stakes.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 27 2009, 10:37 AM
Well, he is working for Stefano and we know she is kidnapped in May so it's not a shock, really.

I'm guessing they are going to go the Steve route with him. Having him be bad and working for an evil family and then he starts to change. I can see Stephanie beginning that change and I think bringing in his father will help that along too so I can see why thought his father on so soon. They are probably going to give us some info on his background to perhaps explain why he ended up like this and working for the Dimera's and then his father tries to convince him to put an end to it, as will Stephanie while in captivity.

I guess it's tit for tat since Victor takes Stefano prisoner.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 27 2009, 11:08 AM
cjknick
Thanks for posting ....

Why would they have re-signed JKJ if they just wanted to phase Philip out? If they were pissed at him for storming out of his dressing room--if that even happened--and thought he wasn't a team player deserving of one of Corday's t-shirts or whatever, why re-sign him at all? It would have been easy enough to phase him out then as his relationship with Stephanie was still very new and would hardly even have warranted an explanation if Stephanie suddenly "lost" him. Not to mention which even if they were mad at Jay that doesn't mean they wouldn't have recast--there were reports at the time of others who read for the role. I don't think they were phasing out Philip at all, nor do I think they're doing so in the future. If they wanted to do that I'd have thought the DiMera hit would have been a great time to do that--it would have given the feud incredibly high stakes.
That why I said when it suits them .... contracts don't mean anything to TPTB they can let actors go regardless of their contract or backburn them to nothingness!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

OOOO..so another quad-angle- Mel, Phil, Steph and Owen?

Still want Kate and Owen's daddy....
Liz

Ellie

cjknick
Thanks for posting ....

I really don't think so. imo they seem very happy with him. I agree with Paxton and others who are saying that if they'd wanted to phase out the character, they wouldn't have cared at all if JKJ hadn't wanted to re-sign. Instead, they put out an immediate casting call for the character!

Thanks as always for posting, OBK!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05

But there is a difference, Steve was supposed to be a short-term character, but fans liked him so he stayed.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm willing to bet that Stephanie will develop feelings for Owen at some point. Despite the horrible thing he did to her, she's going to see a side of him that no one else sees and fall in love.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Apr 27 2009, 12:05 PM
PhoenixRising05

But there is a difference, Steve was supposed to be a short-term character, but fans liked him so he stayed.
You definitely have a point. Steve was never supposed to last long through a redemption story or anything like that.

Bradyclan

Thanks OBK.

I can't wait to see Owen! I have faith in Wes! I could careless about boring Steph , though.

oldschoolfan

Thanks OBK. Steve was supposed to be short term, but that deifnitely changed. At this point I don't see Stephanie falling for him unless Philip goes and does something stupid, like get with Melanie.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Well, at least Owen and Stephanie would have an actual, you know, conflict or obstacle in their relationship. On paper at least they have the potential of being a soapy couple rather than the stupid are-they or aren't-they Stephanie/Philip pairing.

They've got to stop pairing Philip up with the girls on the show. He needs a woman.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Yay for no rape being written here.

But I'm curious why everyone is so gung ho on Stephanie and Owen being written as a pair? Has this been spoiled somewhere else?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

No relationship between Owen and Stephanie - since she will find herself unconscious - and I don't think there will be. And Melanie will continue to hang around Brady so Phillip is safe from her for now.

stluee
Member Avatar
Soap City

OneBadKitty
Apr 27 2009, 09:45 AM
From me :wave:

Owen is going to attack Stephanie. Not a rape. I think he also holds her captive.
I hope they do fall for one another.Just can't wait t o see the look on Erics face.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Apr 27 2009, 12:05 PM
PhoenixRising05

Oh, I know.

I just think they are using that as a model, especially with Stephanie involved. That is what makes it so fitting if they do go ahead with it because Steve and him would be similar in that regard.

I think Drew is right on. It will develop slowly after this. This could end up being what Maxie/Coop was on GH. He was part of the whole hostage crisis and they bonded and she came to his defense when no one else would. I definitely think he will be cause issues for Stephanie and Philip. There needs to be more conflict besides the feud, Philip's dark side, etc. Owen would give them more conflict and I think he and Shelley may have a nice chemistry but we'll see.

Regardless of what happens, I look forward to it. I like the way Owen has been slowly introduced mysteriously.

Also good to hear we get more Melanie/Brady. I like their relationship as is right now.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 28 2009, 12:16 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply