Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jon Prescott trying out for a role on Days
Topic Started: Apr 28 2009, 01:14 PM (1,694 Views)
LovingDays

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=30266

If he will be joining he will be a Horton.Finally a new horton and i really like this actor he was playing on Atwt as Mike Kasnoff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

LovingDays
Apr 28 2009, 01:14 PM

If he will be joining he will be a Horton.Finally a new horton and i really like this actor he was playing on Atwt as Mike Kasnoff
I quess he could be the new young doctor they are casting for Melanie. But they are saying he is up for the part, so we have yet to see if they cast him.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Apr 28 2009, 01:26 PM
LovingDays
Apr 28 2009, 01:14 PM

I quess he could be the new young doctor they are casting for Melanie. But they are saying he is up for the part, so we have yet to see if they cast him.
He has to be trying out for the "Nathan" part, especially since that casting video pretty much suggested the guy was for Melanie and that the character is a Horton and SOD basically backs all that up.

I'm so glad they are bringing on another young Horton. Now I wish they would bring on a young female Horton as a new heroine.

Alligato
Member Avatar

OMG! I LOVED John Prescott on ATWT as Mike! I thought he was gorgeous...but waaayyy too old for Melanie. He isn't that young, is he? He looked about 30, mid-30s. Could it be Mike Horton? Maybe Carrie could come back?
Can we get some new women? We have two hot, single doctors here...and Sami is the only single one...well, single and her four kids.

esp13
Member Avatar

I think he seems a bit old for the part they were talking about as a love interest for Melanie. It was clear they were looking for somebody in the 25 year old age range who was age appropriate for Melanie. But, he is a hotty, so that's always a plus.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

esp13
Apr 28 2009, 04:09 PM
I think he seems a bit old for the part they were talking about as a love interest for Melanie. It was clear they were looking for somebody in the 25 year old age range who was age appropriate for Melanie. But, he is a hotty, so that's always a plus.
I just can't stand the thought of Melanie ruining another hot man over 30, so, let's hope for the best case scenario of this guy being cast as someone else or not getting the part and/or Melanie's new love interest actually being someone else no older than 25.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Apr 28 2009, 04:18 PM
esp13
I just can't stand the thought of Melanie ruining another hot man over 30, so, let's hope for the best case scenario of this guy being cast as someone else or not getting the part and/or Melanie's new love interest actually being someone else no older than 25.
Ditto.

jane1978

Paxton
esp13
Well, 25 is the age of the character but nobody says the actor couldnīt be older. Per IMDB he was born in august 81, so that makes him 28. And Molly is 21. Thatīs the same age difference they are aiming for with the characters (18 Melanie, 25 Nathan).

But nobody says he will get the part. This is probably just his agent giving echo to mags so there is some positive fan reaction which could help him to win.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Eh...

From what I've seen of his work on ATWT, he was nothing special, just a good looking face. I guess he'll fit in at DAYS though. I'm always happy for more Hortons.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I have no idea who this guy is. I sure hope he can act. I hate talentless pretty faces.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

jane1978
Apr 28 2009, 04:40 PM
Paxton
esp13
Well, 25 is the age of the character but nobody says the actor couldnīt be older. Per IMDB he was born in august 81, so that makes him 28. And Molly is 21. Thatīs the same age difference they are aiming for with the characters (18 Melanie, 25 Nathan).

But nobody says he will get the part. This is probably just his agent giving echo to mags so there is some positive fan reaction which could help him to win.
It doesn't matter to me what the age of the character is. I'm sure Brady isn't supposed to be 38, for example, but EM looks at least mid-30s to me (not in a bad way). JKJ certainly looks a solid 30, as does JS, and to me Molly is plausibly late teens. I don't like the age and maturity differences. If this guy looks 25, fine, but if he looks older than that it will still bother me. I've never seen him before so I don't know, I'm just going by what's in this thread.

lastDays
Member Avatar

God god :headbang: Why the sudden burs in casting new characters? Days doesn't need anymore.Especially male characters.From what I've heard,Jon Prescott is a bad actor.It tells you something that he was fired from ATWT.He was in the role made famous by Shawn Christian back in the '90s.I guess they went for anybody they could find when Shawn turned down an invitation to come back

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Maybe he'll be Scott Banning or maybe a matured Jeremy Horton.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I guess I am confused,,why did they fire all the faves,and are bringing in so many strange people...I thought the could not afford anymore people??

Red Mist
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl
Apr 30 2009, 07:00 AM
I guess I am confused,,why did they fire all the faves,and are bringing in so many strange people...I thought the could not afford anymore people??
Same here!...Hmmmm.....I smell a rat....And Tomlin be thy name! :soapbox:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

EjsGaGirl
Again, those that got fired cost ALOT more then most of the people they are bringing in do. That is the biggest difference. Not only that but the vets have been through alot of stories so there is very little that can be done with them that would be original and creative. Therefore, they bring on new characters or familiar characters that have not been played out that much to freshen the canvas.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 30 2009, 01:44 PM
EjsGaGirl
Again, those that got fired cost ALOT more then most of the people they are bringing in do. That is the biggest difference. Not only that but the vets have been through alot of stories so there is very little that can be done with them that would be original and creative. Therefore, they bring on new characters or familiar characters that have not been played out that much to freshen the canvas.
Unfortunately, Tim, you are beating your head against a stone wall here as some don't see it that way - they (and me too) miss our oldtimers whether their stories are played out or not. I agree that we need fresh stories and new characters are sometimes the way it has to be but I think it's the way they are bring in new people that most object to. New characters are best when added in current stories that incorporate the familiar instead of just thrusting them on us for what seems to be no rhyme or reason. Sometimes we forget that ALL characters were newbies at some point.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I just know I relate to the characters I know,,and if I know my faves are on I will tune in...new folks are fine,,but phase them in,do not let them take over the whole show.Even when Bope came on,,they interweaved them with the entire cast..and I also have a HUGE problem watching folks who can't act as well

Red Mist
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl
Apr 30 2009, 03:49 PM
I just know I relate to the characters I know,,and if I know my faves are on I will tune in...new folks are fine,,but phase them in,do not let them take over the whole show.Even when Bope came on,,they interweaved them with the entire cast..and I also have a HUGE problem watching folks who can't act as well
:hail: Excellent post!!! I feel the same way. Tomlin's big problem is that he is all about image. He cares nothing for talent. I am going to quote Elaine Stritch by saying...You if you have NO talent....GET OFF THE STAGE!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply