Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Dr. Baker falls down the stairs; May 12th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 10:01 AM (1,989 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW both feature an interview with Ari Zucker.

Nicole learns that EJ plans to investigate Dr. Baker, because Stefano had been collecting information on him before he left. Zucker says that Nicole is very anxious about this, and Nicole tries to convince EJ that Dr. Baker is not worth investigating.

Nicole then meets with Dr. Baker and tells him to leave Salem immediately. However, Dr. Baker refuses, telling Nicole that this new job is a wonderful opportunity for him. He tells Nicole that it's her job to keep their secret from EJ.

As Nicole is talking to Dr. Baker, she sees Sami and Rafe nearby. Nicole gets Dr. Baker to leave before Sami can see him. Zucker explains, "Dr. Baker delivered Sydney when Sami gave birth. If Sami sees him with Nicole, she'll become suspicious."

Nicole returns home to more bad news: EJ has invited Dr. Baker to the DiMera mansion to talk to him. "If Dr. Baker feels cornered, Nicole is so screwed," Zucker says. "What does he have to protect her for? He'll save himself."

EJ begins to grill Dr. Baker, but then EJ is called away on business. Nicole again tries to convince Dr. Baker to leave, and she offers to pay him off. She asks him to follow her upstairs so she can get the money. But as they're going up the stairs, he tells her he wants more money, and Nicole doesn't have as much as he's requesting. He turns to leave, but then Nicole accidentally pushes him down the stairs! Zucker explains that it's an accident: "Seriously, he turned around and fell! It's not [Nicole's] fault the guy doesn't know how to walk down stairs!"

Nicole wants to leave Dr. Baker lying at the bottom of the stairs, because as Zucker says, "If Dr. Baker is dead, which Nicole thinks he might be, she doesn't want to be caught there." But then Mary comes in, so Nicole can't leave. She asks Mary to call 911. Zucker says that "Nicole is always in the wrong place at the wrong time... It's like every single day something really awful happens in Nicole's life and she has to find a way to deal with it."

Later, at the hospital, Dr. Baker wakes up and accuses Nicole of having pushed him down the stairs. Nicole denies it and tells Dr. Baker one more time that he must leave Salem. Zucker says, "If EJ finds out what Dr. Baker did, it's going to be the end of the line for him. It doesn't matter what Nicole did; Dr. Baker will still go down. EJ will kill him."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

Hmm...sounds good enough, but its yet another story that resembles Willow's death or even moreso Jan's coma...I just wish they could get a tad more original, but still it sounds okay....I wonder if this is leading to Dr.Baker exiting?

Red Mist
Member Avatar

accident.....sure.

Down, down he goes, how he lands, nobody knows....bump, wump, splat!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Thanks for posting, Ellie! For once somebody falls down the stairs and lives; I'm glad since I love Dr. Baker and don't want Nicole to have killed him. I adore their scenes together.

peaches179

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie. :)

lastDays
Member Avatar

Thanks for the info. I can't believe I am the only one sick of the Nicole story.Get it over with already.Its becoming the monster that ate Salem :drunk:

oldschoolfan

Note to self: If ever in Salem avoid stairs at all costs.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

How do you accidentally PUSH someone down the stairs? LOL! It sounds good though. Thanks, Ellie!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I'm sick of characters hitting their heads and falling down stairs.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Days characters have to be the most clumsy doofuses around! How many accidents can these people have? Seriously! And why is Nicole always around to witness it?

Thanks, Ellie!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

^^So true! None of them can drive worth a shit either.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It's a soap opera. Days is not the only soap where shit like this happens on a regular basis.

At least he doesn't die and it should be pretty dramatic. Classic soap IMO. I like Baker so glad he makes it through and I think all this sets up is the impending downfall. Baker will react badly to this and he will make more demands and I really do think we are getting to the point where the walls will begin to close in for Nicole.

I also like that Stefano was investigating Baker and now EJ is too. It shows that their suspicions have not just gone away.

Ellie

Angie79
Apr 29 2009, 01:29 PM
How do you accidentally PUSH someone down the stairs? LOL! It sounds good though. Thanks, Ellie!
ROFL I was thinking the same thing. It sounds like one of those funny insurance claim forms. (And you're welcome, everyone!)

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

Aw, I wish he'd buy his ticket when he falls. The guy annoys the hell out of me.

Thanks for posting though.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Thanks Ellie.

Its too convenient for Dr. Baker to fall right then and there as Nicole is trying to get rid of him. I detect some serious blackmailing to take place here.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

* Doc Baker (John Callahan) leaves town after a fall in the DiMera mansion.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

Red Mist
Member Avatar

^ They must give him crutches.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Damn!

I love him!

Somehow I think he will be back though. They signed him to a one year contract so they could just have him go MIA like he did for all of February and then just bring him back later.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I won't miss him, never saw what everyone else did.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply