Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip proposes to Stephanie; May 12th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 10:30 AM (3,020 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW both feature an interview with Shelley Hennig.

Philip is at the hospital with guards watching over him, and he almost gets killed again. [SOD says in a different article that a nurse tries to kill him.] Hennig says that Stephanie breaks down and tells Philip that "she's not sure how much more she can take of this feud". Philip tells Stephanie that maybe they just shouldn't be together, but Stephanie says that's not what she wants. Stephanie thinks maybe the two of them should move away to Greece, but Philip says no to that.

Stephanie then decides to go on her own to talk to EJ. Hennig says Stephanie "pleads with [EJ] to leave Philip alone. He didn't kill Tony. It was an accident." EJ tells Stephanie she has to leave; he doesn't want to hear what she has to say.

Philip is then released from the hospital, and Stephanie plans a big welcome home for him. Philip asks her to move in with him. Hennig says that "it's a big step, and Stephanie really hasn't thought about it because of all the stuff that's going on." Stephanie takes a minute to answer but says yes. Hennig explains, "at this point, Chelsea is leaving town. Her parents aren't around. It seems like the best idea for her."

Philip then takes Stephanie out on the terrace, where's he's set up a romantic dinner for the two of them, replete with flowers, candles and champagne. Philip tells Stephanie what he likes about her, and as Hennig says, "the next thing she knows, he's kneeling down and asking her to marry him". She is "in shock" but says yes, and they kiss.

Hennig says that afterwards, however, "Stephanie begins thinking, 'What am I getting into?' But Philip is the man Stephanie loves and she wants to be with him, so she's willing to take a chance."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

This relationship is so contrived. Terrible writing.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dragonish1
Apr 29 2009, 10:32 AM
I agree...
They are once again moving TOO FAST. Not allowing this couple to grow at all, I mean .. what have they done together?? They have no experiences together, no story about *Them*.

This is terrible writing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Murphy

What happened to Masi? I wonder if there is another player in this kill Phillip game. Doesnt EJ call off Masi or at least tries to. Confusing. Who hired the woman hit..person? Hmmmm. thanks!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Murphy
Apr 29 2009, 10:40 AM
What happened to Masi? I wonder if there is another player in this kill Phillip game. Doesnt EJ call off Masi or at least tries to. Confusing. Who hired the woman hit..person? Hmmmm. thanks!
It could be a male nurse who tries to kill Philip the second time--doesn't say the nurse was female.

Thanks for posting, Ellie! I'm not interested in Philip's and Stephanie's romance at all but I'm curious about Stephanie's confrontation with EJ and what she thinks that will accomplish. I like Stephanie and love Philip so I wish I liked them together but they just bore me so. Sigh.
Edited by Paxton, Apr 29 2009, 10:43 AM.

Ellie

Paxton
Apr 29 2009, 10:42 AM
It could be a male nurse who tries to kill Philip the second time--doesn't say the nurse was female.
Sorry - it does. I should have said that. Christine Lucas plays "Nurse Camille". SOD says, "This naughty nurse plans to do Philip in on May 5th" and then directs the reader to the story article for more information.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Apr 29 2009, 10:46 AM
Paxton
Apr 29 2009, 10:42 AM
Sorry - it does. I should have said that. Christine Lucas plays "Nurse Camille". SOD says, "This naughty nurse plans to do Philip in on May 5th" and then directs the reader to the story article for more information.

Oh, okay . . . a "naughty nurse," LOL. I wrongly assumed Days would never have a female assassin. Naturally murder would be the one area they go equal opportunity on.

jane1978

Taelyn
Apr 29 2009, 10:37 AM
Dragonish1
I agree...
They are once again moving TOO FAST. Not allowing this couple to grow at all, I mean .. what have they done together?? They have no experiences together, no story about *Them*.

Itīs a proposal, not a wedding. They still have a long and hard way ahead. Part of Stefanie is clearly very much unsure in what she is getting into and this part will for sure grow bigger with all the drama she is about to be involved in. So who knows what happens next and how long the proposal last. Iīm willing to bet this is not the last time we see Phillip kneel before Steph.

Edited by jane1978, Apr 29 2009, 12:34 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

The Philip and Stephanie pairing should be really successful based on many reasons. Unfortunately, it's just not being written correctly

mandy

jane1978
Apr 29 2009, 12:33 PM
Iīm willing to bet this is not the last time we see Phillip kneel before Steph.

Stephanie and Philip have had umpteen breakups and makeups. Now you're saying we also have to tolerate a half dozen marriage proposals? I agree with everyone else. This is horrible writing.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

jane1978
Taelyn
Dragonish1
I agree...

Itīs a proposal, not a wedding. They still have a long and hard way ahead. Part of Stefanie is clearly very much unsure in what she is getting into and this part will for sure grow bigger with all the drama she is about to be involved in. So who knows what happens next and how long the proposal last. Iīm willing to bet this is not the last time we see Phillip kneel before Steph.

True that it doesn't mean they will actually get married, but getting engaged when you break up like every other day doesn't make too much sense.

Thanks, Ellie!

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm sure many more break-ups are coming. These two are lame as a pairing. I wish an end was in sight.

Alligato
Member Avatar

This sounds a bit like the EJ/Nicole pairing - she doesn't know what she is getting into, she doesn't realize the family she is marrying into, she doesn't care because she loves him so much, etc.
Why doesn't Stephanie go talk to Nicole?

Thanks for sharing, Ellie!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Taelyn
Dragonish1
I agree...

I agree 100%. I still think the kidnapping will put the kibosh on this and there will no doubt be some other drama coming up too. This is far from a sure thing.

I really don't understand the complaints over the all the breakups. They weren't really breakups to begin with. She got mad and ran off. She spoke out in anger. After at most a week, she was back with him. She was hesitant and she didn't know who the real Philip was and if she could deal with the darker side to him when it does emerge. That is actually GOOD writing. It was about who they both are and whether they could deal with each other.

I don't see the issue with the pace either. They're young and they just went through a traumatic ordeal. Sometimes you get caught up in the emotion of it all with the whole "life is too short" kind of thing. That is what I believe is happening here. The kidnapping will cause reality to set back in and the fantasy will be over, for now.

Sounds like good stuff to me.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Breaking up with someone everytime they do or say something that you don't like or agree with is immature. Stephanie's back and forth crap is annoying and part of the reason I lost interest in the pairing. She can either deal with or she can't, but stick with it!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 29 2009, 03:37 PM
Breaking up with someone everytime they do or say something that you don't like or agree with is immature. Stephanie's back and forth crap is annoying and part of the reason I lost interest in the pairing. She can either deal with or she can't, but stick with it!
Word!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree it's immature but she is young so I think it makes sense. Plus, considering who Philip is and how dangerous things can be and the kind of shady things he can do, each time she broke up with him I understood where she was coming from for the most part. Sure, it was annoying but she wasn't sure how far Philip would go with certain things and he really was out of control for awhile so I thought her being indecisive and unsure about things was pretty realistic. Whatever the case, they are in a different place now and I don't see the same push-pull we saw most of the winter continuing. It's been pretty much over since early March so I think we have moved past that stage.

jane1978

Angie79
I donīt think itīs immature. When she met Phillip and they started dating he was this extremely charming and nice guy, taking care of his fatherīs legal businesses. Yes, the Kiriakises had a shady past, but it really seemed thatīs all it is, a past. She fell for him and the next she knew suddenly the fight over AFP started and Phillip had to show his fatherīs side and she got scared. And now Tony is dead and the families are hiring hitmen to attack each other and she is caught in the middle.

People say she knew who Phillip is when she got involved with him and thatīs true, but as usual in the nice girl/bad boy relationship when she really got closer to him she started to believe he is different, she fell for him and now she is forced to watch how the guy she is in love with is risking his life for some feud she believes is totally pointless. She is getting desperate and she is trying to save him, drag him away from the both families. When she breaks up with him itīs not because she really wants to end things with him but because she hopes it will force him to wake up and he will choice her, not his father and the family.

I quess times has really changed and some people today would be annoyed with the first year of J/J as well, because that was pretty much the same pattern. Jennifer was hoping Jack is really changing, he did something stupid, she was disappointed and left, he reacted and retrieved the situation or atleast appologized, she couldnīt help and returned believing he is really changing and the pattern repeated.

IMO itīs really classic inner conflict with all the usual romantic stuff like brain says no but heart says yes, I love you but I cannot be with you, etc. Reading the spoilers, I have no doubts there will be a lot more breakups and reunions and things will get further complicated with Melanie, who seems to have no trouble to accept Phillip even with his dark side.

Keith
Member Avatar

I have to agree with jane that the writing is classic. At least the headwriting of it, the overall set up. I'm not sure the dialogue, breakdowns, and even performance have quite the heart of such classic romances, though. It comes across very cheap, because Hennig doesn't quite have the charm of someone like Missy Reeves. She's often bland and forgettable, so the same moments Reeves spun to gold come off as completely superficial and immature. Just my $0.02.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Apr 29 2009, 06:12 PM
Angie79
I donīt think itīs immature. When she met Phillip and they started dating he was this extremely charming and nice guy, taking care of his fatherīs legal businesses. Yes, the Kiriakises had a shady past, but it really seemed thatīs all it is, a past. She fell for him and the next she knew suddenly the fight over AFP started and Phillip had to show his fatherīs side and she got scared. And now Tony is dead and the families are hiring hitmen to attack each other and she is caught in the middle.

People say she knew who Phillip is when she got involved with him and thatīs true, but as usual in the nice girl/bad boy relationship when she really got closer to him she started to believe he is different, she fell for him and now she is forced to watch how the guy she is in love with is risking his life for some feud she believes is totally pointless. She is getting desperate and she is trying to save him, drag him away from the both families. When she breaks up with him itīs not because she really wants to end things with him but because she hopes it will force him to wake up and he will choice her, not his father and the family.

I quess times has really changed and some people today would be annoyed with the first year of J/J as well, because that was pretty much the same pattern. Jennifer was hoping Jack is really changing, he did something stupid, she was disappointed and left, he reacted and retrieved the situation or atleast appologized, she couldnīt help and returned believing he is really changing and the pattern repeated.

IMO itīs really classic inner conflict with all the usual romantic stuff like brain says no but heart says yes, I love you but I cannot be with you, etc. Reading the spoilers, I have no doubts there will be a lot more breakups and reunions and things will get further complicated with Melanie, who seems to have no trouble to accept Phillip even with his dark side.
Brilliant post. I agree with you and Keith. I love Hennig but I can admit that she does not play this kind of thing as well as Reeves did but she plays it well enough IMO for it all to work.

By the way, great seeing you around, Keith. Your presence is missed :smile: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 29 2009, 07:22 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply