Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip proposes to Stephanie; May 12th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 10:30 AM (3,012 Views)
Bradyclan

I don't feel that couple. I was optimistic at the beginning but now, I feel nothing. And this is majorly because of the character of Stephanie. She's boring and drags it down. Also, the writting for this couple is not up to par.Something is lacking.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

jane1978
Apr 29 2009, 06:12 PM
Angie79
Apr 29 2009, 03:37 PM
Breaking up with someone everytime they do or say something that you don't like or agree with is immature. Stephanie's back and forth crap is annoying and part of the reason I lost interest in the pairing. She can either deal with or she can't, but stick with it!
I donīt think itīs immature. When she met Phillip and they started dating he was this extremely charming and nice guy, taking care of his fatherīs legal businesses. Yes, the Kiriakises had a shady past, but it really seemed thatīs all it is, a past. She fell for him and the next she knew suddenly the fight over AFP started and Phillip had to show his fatherīs side and she got scared. And now Tony is dead and the families are hiring hitmen to attack each other and she is caught in the middle.

People say she knew who Phillip is when she got involved with him and thatīs true, but as usual in the nice girl/bad boy relationship when she really got closer to him she started to believe he is different, she fell for him and now she is forced to watch how the guy she is in love with is risking his life for some feud she believes is totally pointless. She is getting desperate and she is trying to save him, drag him away from the both families. When she breaks up with him itīs not because she really wants to end things with him but because she hopes it will force him to wake up and he will choice her, not his father and the family.

I quess times has really changed and some people today would be annoyed with the first year of J/J as well, because that was pretty much the same pattern. Jennifer was hoping Jack is really changing, he did something stupid, she was disappointed and left, he reacted and retrieved the situation or atleast appologized, she couldnīt help and returned believing he is really changing and the pattern repeated.

IMO itīs really classic inner conflict with all the usual romantic stuff like brain says no but heart says yes, I love you but I cannot be with you, etc. Reading the spoilers, I have no doubts there will be a lot more breakups and reunions and things will get further complicated with Melanie, who seems to have no trouble to accept Phillip even with his dark side.
Someone that wasn't immature would discuss it and not leave in a huff and say it is over after every little problem, just to come back again. It is an endless cycle. The whole feud thing with Tony dying and the Dimera's trying to kill Phillip JUST happened. Stephanie has been breaking up with Phillip a few times a week for what seems like months now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Apr 29 2009, 08:32 PM
jane1978
Angie79
Breaking up with someone everytime they do or say something that you don't like or agree with is immature. Stephanie's back and forth crap is annoying and part of the reason I lost interest in the pairing. She can either deal with or she can't, but stick with it!
I donīt think itīs immature. When she met Phillip and they started dating he was this extremely charming and nice guy, taking care of his fatherīs legal businesses. Yes, the Kiriakises had a shady past, but it really seemed thatīs all it is, a past. She fell for him and the next she knew suddenly the fight over AFP started and Phillip had to show his fatherīs side and she got scared. And now Tony is dead and the families are hiring hitmen to attack each other and she is caught in the middle.

People say she knew who Phillip is when she got involved with him and thatīs true, but as usual in the nice girl/bad boy relationship when she really got closer to him she started to believe he is different, she fell for him and now she is forced to watch how the guy she is in love with is risking his life for some feud she believes is totally pointless. She is getting desperate and she is trying to save him, drag him away from the both families. When she breaks up with him itīs not because she really wants to end things with him but because she hopes it will force him to wake up and he will choice her, not his father and the family.

I quess times has really changed and some people today would be annoyed with the first year of J/J as well, because that was pretty much the same pattern. Jennifer was hoping Jack is really changing, he did something stupid, she was disappointed and left, he reacted and retrieved the situation or atleast appologized, she couldnīt help and returned believing he is really changing and the pattern repeated.

IMO itīs really classic inner conflict with all the usual romantic stuff like brain says no but heart says yes, I love you but I cannot be with you, etc. Reading the spoilers, I have no doubts there will be a lot more breakups and reunions and things will get further complicated with Melanie, who seems to have no trouble to accept Phillip even with his dark side.
Someone that wasn't immature would discuss it and not leave in a huff and say it is over after every little problem, just to come back again. It is an endless cycle. The whole feud thing with Tony dying and the Dimera's trying to kill Phillip JUST happened. Stephanie has been breaking up with Phillip a few times a week for what seems like months now.
Well, that's just it. She still has alot of growing up to do. That is another similarity to the Jack/Jennifer story. Jennifer was very like Stephanie only, as Keith noted and I agreed with, Missy played it all out a bit better.

Even before this Philip situation was the Melanie situation. The way he was threatening her one minute and using her the next, sometimes actually making Stephanie think maybe he was doing more then using Melanie...it made sense that she wasn't sure and was indecisive.

PHELLE FOREVER

jane1978
Angie79

To even compare Philip/Stephanie to Jack/Jennifer is a sin in itself!
Edited by PHELLE FOREVER, Apr 30 2009, 10:52 AM.

ladyjetski99
Member Avatar

Stephanie should stick with this because she has to trust Philip and let him handle deal with Dimera Stephanie always love him who he is no matter what. Stephanie commit her new marriage to Philip then should be no problem. Philip always love her and never leave her. That s obvious he love her and protect her that why he proposes Stephanie.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 29 2009, 10:42 AM
Murphy
Apr 29 2009, 10:40 AM
What happened to Masi? I wonder if there is another player in this kill Phillip game. Doesnt EJ call off Masi or at least tries to. Confusing. Who hired the woman hit..person? Hmmmm. thanks!
It could be a male nurse who tries to kill Philip the second time--doesn't say the nurse was female.

Thanks for posting, Ellie! I'm not interested in Philip's and Stephanie's romance at all but I'm curious about Stephanie's confrontation with EJ and what she thinks that will accomplish. I like Stephanie and love Philip so I wish I liked them together but they just bore me so. Sigh.
I'm the same way. I love Phil, like Stephanie and thought there would be more. But I'm seeing nada. They've very bland. White bread with mayo.

I watched Stephanie and her confrontation with EJ. It did make me chuckle. If she'd had curly hair and stomped some patent leather maryjane's I would have sworn I was watching Shirley Temple.

If that was supposed to show to me that Stephanie is big and bad, it failed miserably.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Bradyclan
Apr 29 2009, 08:13 PM
I don't feel that couple. I was optimistic at the beginning but now, I feel nothing. And this is majorly because of the character of Stephanie. She's boring and drags it down. Also, the writting for this couple is not up to par.Something is lacking.

It's called chemistry. Sure JKJ and SH are pretty but they don't have that spark that gets a couple past horrendous writing.

I don't know how JKJ can be so bland with SH and yet spark with MM and MB.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

SpriteEyes
May 10 2009, 07:50 AM
Bradyclan

It's called chemistry. Sure JKJ and SH are pretty but they don't have that spark that gets a couple past horrendous writing.

While I loathe both Belle and Melanie and don't like them anywhere near Philip, I will concede both those actresses "spark" more with JKJ than SH does (in my opinion). I think SH has been constrained the most out of the three of those by really hideously weak writing. Both Belle and Melanie had inherent conflict in their pairings: Belle because she was in love with and engaged to Shawn and having a clandestine affair with her ex-husband, and Melanie because she's a teenager and a rotten one at that. In both cases Philip's attraction (and it kills me to say he has any attraction to Melanie) is wrong and forbidden. It lends snap to his conversations with Melanie because they're supposed to be fighting a hidden desire.

By contrast, Stephanie does nothing but break up and make up with Philip. Their relationship started out as physical attraction and went straight to truelove, apparently, without anything in between. I know we're past the days when romantic relationships took a long time to build, but what bothers me more than the speed is that they don't bother to do any character or relationship building in the little time they do have. Stephanie still exists merely as arm candy for Philip. I don't have the first idea what he loves about HER, her in particular, Stephanie Johnson, and in part that's because I keep falling asleep when they're on and in part it's because they haven't bothered to make Stephanie an independent, viable character. They screwed up royally by putting no conflict at the beginning of their relationship and then, too late, tried to make this about Stephanie being afraid to be a Kiriakis when Steve and Kayla are off canvas. I really hope Philip can move on with someone else who isn't Melanie (if I have to choose, I'll take Stephanie over Melanie) and that the writing improves for Stephanie, separately from Philip.

ETA: I also think Shelley gets the lion's share of the blame from those who don't like P & S together, but, as much of a Philip/Jay fan as I am, I think a lot of fault lies with him. I thought his proposal fell horribly flat on his end, but Shelley was believably happy, excited and enthusiastic. She played it just like a girl delighted to receive a proposal from the man of her dreams, whereas Jay . . . well, I didn't think it was good. That's all.
Edited by Paxton, May 11 2009, 01:31 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Agreeance on the show dropping the ball on not using the Kiriakis-Johnson history as an obstacle for Phillip and Stephanie to overcome. I think another thing that has hurt this pairing is the lack of friends for Phillip and Stephanie to confide in to share their feelings about things. Stephanie doesn't have her parents to confide in any more, not they she ever did all that much, and with Morgan, Chelsea, Nick and Max all sent packing the only thing close to Stephanie's age that is left is her enemy Melanie. And the show just repeats these problems with Sami, who doesn't have any siblings or her mom to really confide in about her love life so we can fully know her heart. At least Chloe and Nicole have each other.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

SpriteEyes
May 10 2009, 07:50 AM
Bradyclan

Has SH really had chemistry with anyone? I really think she is the problem with this couple.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

You know, I have been a fan of SH from the beginning as I hated/hated/hated with the intensity of a thousand suns the other Stephanie (maybe I have some latent ginger prejudice or something ;) ) and was so glad when they replaced her with SH but I am having trouble recalling SH having that great of chemistry with any of her romantic partners.

I loved her chem with Steve and Mary Beth most of the time and I liked her friend chem with Chelsea and Nick, but I liked Max's chem better with Abby or Morgan during his time on the show and I liked that Jeremy kid's chem better with Chelsea.

Still, I'm not sure I have been feeling JKJ's chem with any of the females that much since he's been back. I wasn't as wild about him and MM together as some people and despite really enjoying him with NB back in the Ghoul Girl days, his shortlived pairing with her this time around wasn't all that for me. And it's a shame because he's just so damn pretty. I just think I enjoy Phillip so much when he's being a bastard that I would rather see him paired for once with a bad girl rather than these damn saccharine sweet goody goodys all the time. Maybe he should give Nicole a whirl after the baby switch storyline wraps up?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply