Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Safe' spoiler from TVGuide for week of May 18th
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 10:58 AM (15,237 Views)
Nicole Walker

Thank You Rhi for stating why so that people can get the facts straight.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

I know, but shouldn't we know, so we are not responding to this person?

ginababe
BANNED

if someone knows, please pm me, so I'm not wasting my time responding to this person?

Ellie

Ginababe, the person was already banned, so he/she will not be posting here anymore. So no worries.

ilovemydays

~Rhi~
May 7 2009, 01:02 PM
Only one person who posted in this thread has been banned and that was because said person created 3 names here and was posting and replying to themselves. We have proof that it happened and it's not just based on someone's word. We will find out when people do things like this and it won't be tolerated. It's not something you really think has to be written into the rules because it's most people wouldn't take the time to do it.

I know the spoiler that this thread concerns doesn't happen until the 18th but if these fan base debates can't be done without name calling, taunting and belittling each other then this thread will get shut down. It's nice to see that it hasn't gotten as nasty in this thread as it has in past fan base debate threads though.

Thanks for the clarification RHI. I'm glad the DR staff is on top of things.

daisy132

ilovemydays
May 6 2009, 10:09 PM
daisy132
May 6 2009, 09:18 PM
Taelyn
May 6 2009, 04:15 PM
SocRMum1
May 6 2009, 10:47 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well.. The Banner about the rape scene was about EJ and Sami too.. It was made as an expression I believe that "THAT" was not romantic chemistry, or romantic love, and more importantly .. Not just a simple *Deal*

Ive seen plenty of anti banners, most of them pointed at Lumi, or BD.. I understand some push buttons more then others.. But that banner was made of actual video of what really happened. How is That baiting?
Nothing was fabricated or made up. Its real footage. Just becaue some would prefer to forget, or act as if it didnt happen changes nothing, and that clip proves it.

I dont see it as any different then Ejami's and their pro banners, or Safe pro banners.. All banners are just trying to make a statement.. But I still dont see them as baiting.. If a banner was created about the Ejami fanbase .. THAT would be baiting... kinda like this remark
Quote:

Come to think of it, just like this "Safe" thread has been. :lol:
IMHO
I can tell you how that rape banner was baiting. It was started by Safe fans (now they might have been former Lumi fans, most are). The banner was started when Sami got back to Salem and it was again clear that Ejami still had feelings for each other. Ejami fans were posting positive, well expressed posts. So they made this banner to push the "rape" again. And in their thread, they admitted that the banner was to get to the Ejamis - it was the sole purpose. And then one poster went on the Lumi thread and tried to recruit Lumis in voting for Safe in a thread opened for a "fair count" of Ejami and Safe fans. Good thing there are still many true Lumi fans. So the "rape" banner was created under the pretense of indignation against the act "in real life" but in fact it was an attempt against Ejami. Not one thought was considered that there actually are real-life rape victims that are Ejami fans.

That said, it is really sad that adults stoop this low. To an extent, some in all fanbases are guilty of this, but the word "prejudice" comes to mind when it comes to Ejamis.
So you can read the minds of other posters?

Get this, I'm neither a Safe or a Lumi and I fully support anyone's decision to sport a "Rape is not Romance" in protest of any possible ridiculous, tasteless pairing of EJami. IMO, THE RAPE DEFINES EJAMI. According to TPTB, the actors and the characters the rape happened and no one should have to pretend it didn't just because it makes some people uncomfortable.

No, I didn't read their minds. I read their posts. All this happened on another board.

daisy132

Alligato
May 7 2009, 08:29 AM
SocR - If you would really go back and look at the beginning of this thread, you can see that ALL of this shit was started because some EJami decided to BAIT the Safe fans by saying that there were only 10 of them.

That is baiting.
ANd I personally find it offensive that you like to turn it around and have a pity party for yourself because in this thread, you can't win.
It is a SAFE thread. It isn't about you. It isn't about EJami. Stop making it about EJami, and the EJami victims that are constantly being baited. That's a lie. The Safe fans came out because someone questioned their numbers...just like EJamis would do if it were the other way around.

THEY were baited. Not Ejamis.

Oh, and thanks for getting this to page 22! Go Safe fans!
Alligato, this thread can go on for 1000 pages for all I care. Nobody but us is going to read it. I actually watched the day ahead episode with Sami and Rafe's first date, and I tried to keep an opened mind. I'm glad that Ali is acting with a friend, but it shows. This pair is not selling many. Enjoy Safe while it lasts, it isn't any more exciting than Ejole. It just fizzles.

Safe is so wonderful and exciting that many of us have stopped watching. Good thing the great number of Safe fans are around to help with the ratings.
Edited by daisy132, May 7 2009, 08:01 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

My issue with the RINR banners is this - the Ejami's don't make banners of Lucas and Sami that say "Lucas Stop Screaming at Sami - This is a Form of Abuse," with pics of Lucas yelling at Sami, which happened quite frequently in their past. Or a banner of EJ & Nic that says "This is the whore that lied and stole your baby." Or even a banner for Sami and Rafe that states "Saying ILU and Sex Never happen this quickly for a couple that is going to make it." (and yes I know these are not great examples)

They make banners promoting their couple, not bashing another couple that they do not like for whatever reason.

That is why I personally believe the RINR banners is a way to bait a fanbase. I know everytime I hear that term (rape), I get very angry. I went through a real rape experience and let me tell you, it was nothing like what happened between Ej and Sami. I don't care if you think coercion is or isn't, I'm telling you my experience was very different.

If you like Safe, or Lumi, Ejole or Ejami - great. Just try not to be too bothered (or surprised) when someone else doesn't.

Dallas812

I don't see the connection Safe has and even though I am a EJami fan I would admit to it if I saw some kind of connection. The thing is in my opinion that EJami's chemistry is sooo strong that I can't picture EJ or Sami with anyone else and still don't feel the same connection and sparks with anyone else that I feel when I watch EJami together.
Edited by Dallas812, May 7 2009, 08:30 PM.

ilovemydays

michelle
May 7 2009, 08:24 PM
My issue with the RINR banners is this - the Ejami's don't make banners of Lucas and Sami that say "Lucas Stop Screaming at Sami - This is a Form of Abuse," with pics of Lucas yelling at Sami, which happened quite frequently in their past. Or a banner of EJ & Nic that says "This is the whore that lied and stole your baby." Or even a banner for Sami and Rafe that states "Saying ILU and Sex Never happen this quickly for a couple that is going to make it." (and yes I know these are not great examples)

They make banners promoting their couple, not bashing another couple that they do not like for whatever reason.

That is why I personally believe the RINR banners is a way to bait a fanbase. I know everytime I hear that term (rape), I get very angry. I went through a real rape experience and let me tell you, it was nothing like what happened between Ej and Sami. I don't care if you think coercion is or isn't, I'm telling you my experience was very different.

If you like Safe, or Lumi, Ejole or Ejami - great. Just try not to be too bothered (or surprised) when someone else doesn't.

I'm sorry for your experience but are you saying that women that had been raped by coercion and do identify with what happened between EJ and Sami and are REPULSED AND DISGUSTED with EJami can't voice their objection to the idea of a romantic pairing between a rape victim and her attacker? Its rude to assume that their RINR banners have anything to do with a fan war and ignore that it might have everything to do with their view of rape and how it has effected THEIR lives.

Feel free to create and sport any anti-Lumi, EJole or Safe banner you chose. My understanding is that you are entitled. One thing you might want to keep in mind is that Nicole may have taken Sydney from her mother but she didn't steal Sydney from EJ. It was Nicole that made it possible for EJ to raise his own daughter.

I'm not a fan of Safe yet. I don't understand what Rafe sees in Sami because IMO Sami might be pretty but she's a LOSER.

Edited by ilovemydays, May 7 2009, 09:01 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

I think the banners for RINR are tacky. I don't believe for one second the banners are made to help victims express their opinions of a storyline or character pairing. I believe they are made by those who want their couple together, Lucas and Sami, and not another, EJ and Sami, and this is the way they have chosen to express it. How is my thinking this rude? After all, this is a tv show and there are of plenty of real life victims they could be making banners to support instead of this silly fictional one.

As for Nicole, she may have given Sydney to her father, but she has lied and deceived the man she supposedly loves and married while doing so. If she was doing the right thing, why has she not told EJ the truth? Surely he would be happy with her for reuniting him with his daughter right? Why the continued lies?

I don't agree with Sami's actions at all, but I do see where she is coming from in wanting to keep her daughter away from Stephano.

Sami is not a loser, she just continues to make bad decisions.

Edited by michelle, May 7 2009, 09:20 PM.

Ponz
Member Avatar

michelle
May 7 2009, 08:24 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ETA: For the record, I have no issue with posters displaying banners such as these. A banner is a just graphical representation of an argument and mature adults respond to arguments with reason/evidence, not accusations of "baiting" (the message board equivalent of a toddler holding its breath during a temper tantrum).
Edited by Ponz, May 7 2009, 10:15 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Are these banners even from Daytime Royalty?

Thanks for posting the first one though. HILARIOUS!

ilovemydays

michelle
May 7 2009, 09:18 PM
I think the banners for RINR are tacky. I don't believe for one second the banners are made to help victims express their opinions of a storyline or character pairing. I believe they are made by those who want their couple together, Lucas and Sami, and not another, EJ and Sami, and this is the way they have chosen to express it. How is my thinking this rude? After all, this is a tv show and there are of plenty of real life victims they could be making banners to support instead of this silly fictional one.

As for Nicole, she may have given Sydney to her father, but she has lied and deceived the man she supposedly loves and married while doing so. If she was doing the right thing, why has she not told EJ the truth? Surely he would be happy with her for reuniting him with his daughter right? Why the continued lies?

I don't agree with Sami's actions at all, but I do see where she is coming from in wanting to keep her daughter away from Stephano.

Sami is not a loser, she just continues to make bad decisions.

Really? You don't believe it? When their banners clearly state "Rape is not Romance" and you interpret it to mean that they just want another couple and it has nothing to do with rape at all? You don't see how your statements can be seen as insulting and rude?

Try to bear in mind somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes and 1 in every 6 women will be raped or sexually assaulted in their lifetime. Some of them just might have an aversion to seeing a love story play out between a rape victim and her attacker.

I might not get what Rafe sees in Sami but I have no issues with her falling in love with him, he's an attractive nice man that had never abused her or any of her family. Sami should just be grateful she has a man like Rafe to lean on.

Edited by ilovemydays, May 7 2009, 10:22 PM.

Nicole Walker

OMG Ponz, I'm dying. LMFAO. Wait a minute, is that baby drinking alcohol? WTF? LOL!!
Edited by Nicole Walker, May 7 2009, 10:35 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Ponz - you kick so much ass!
Hopefully you ended it all!

angmc
Member Avatar

^But if Ponz ended this all, then this thread won't get to page 150 or maybe even higher!!!! Because when it gets that big, I'm gonna copy all the posts and send it to NBC and that is PROOF that Safe has buzz and is the greatest thing ever!! Right??? :eyeroll: (I just hope they dont' read the posts because then they'll realize that this thread has been more about EJami and their fans than anything else :popcorn: )

angmc
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 7 2009, 10:09 PM
Are these banners even from Daytime Royalty?

Thanks for posting the first one though. HILARIOUS!
What do you think Mary? :laugh: I'm sure a few of the banner makers are members here but I'm quite sure they were found on other sites..
Someone must enjoy collecting banner art or has too much free time on their hands. :ermmmm:

angmc
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
May 7 2009, 10:20 PM
Really? You don't believe it? When their banners clearly state "Rape is not Romance" and you interpret it to mean that they just want another couple and it has nothing to do with rape at all? You don't see how your statements can be seen as insulting and rude?
Well at least one member of another board was an EJami fan up until a few months ago. I'm not sure if she's a GG fan or just stopped liking EJ but she only recently started using the RINR banner. So 6 months ago she wasn't all that upset by the storyline but now she is and also happens to be a Safe fan? Sorry..not buying it. :eyeroll:

Nicole Walker

:cheers:

What did yall think of Safe first date?
Edited by Nicole Walker, May 7 2009, 11:00 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply