Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Safe' spoiler from TVGuide for week of May 18th
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 10:58 AM (15,531 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

I guess I can take vocal Safe fans over other fanbases better. At least there is an actual love story for Safe fans to swoon over. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I don't know how we can possibly know how many Safe fans there are in the first place. Whether or not they are popular on message boards may be irrelevant, since the studio has access to other information reflecting their (and any couple's) popularity. Like with every couple, some people like them and some don't, but I could hardly begin to quantify what percentages of the Days viewer base those constitute.
Edited by Paxton, Apr 29 2009, 01:53 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

cjknick
Apr 29 2009, 01:42 PM
Alligato
Apr 29 2009, 01:35 PM
Why are we knocking their fans? Don't be so bitchy about people who are so different from you! Apparantly they do have some fans!

I mean, I am not one of them, but I know how much it sucks to have people dis my couple and trash talk me for liking an "unpopular" couple. Why do we do that to each other? It's petty. These are just characters!

Thanks for sharing!

Sorry! :embarrassed:

I wasn't making fun of them - I was just making fun of the suggestion that there are alot of them! - Infact even though there aren't many they are very vocal and supportive.
I wasn't making fun of the fans either. The article made it sound like they are a big hit and DAYS fans are just loving them. Obviously they do have some fans (every couple does), but I just think the article is really exaggerating. It seems to me that they are hated by many and others (myself included) just don't give a shit about them.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I think part of the problem is we've been told since almost the moment GG was cast that he was being brought on to pair with AS. It was a done deal before they so much as shared a scene together - so from my perspective it feels very forced. There was no real attempt to test them for chemistry - they were simply expected to have it. No doubt some people feel they do - I'm just not one of them. And I actually like both of the actors very much - I just don't see any spark between them. So I agree with Angie that the article feels like it is over exaggerating the popularity of this pair with the fans. Just because they thought we'd love them doesn't mean we do. :shrug:

Deleted User
Deleted User

michelle
Apr 29 2009, 01:11 PM
At least Sami knows EJ doesn't have any friends. She knows way more about him than Rafe. She knows way more about Lucas too. Probably knows more about her mailman than that goober Rafe.

"But really.. I dont know EJ's best friend .. Oh wait.. He does not have any.Nobody knows anything more then what the writers tell us.
I dont know Victors Mother, Or Daniels, Or Abes. Or Kates.
Rafes best friend.. or new best friend will be written into his script as he finds a spot on the Salem PD.."

Yes, but you're not going to have sex and say I love you to any of them are you?

A hot passionate Latin lover? Try a boring insecure fonzie wanna-be. And Ali right now is a flip-flopping, emotional wreck with more kids than she knows what to do with. Boring. Boring. Boring.

I hate this story.
Well.. If you feel this way about Sami, you should be happy she is not with EJ then. And I think the point is she KNOWS too much about EJ, and knowing what she does she chooses NOT to be with him.

And Sami is not having sex with any of THEM either.. She is having sex with Rafe, who IM sure she feels she knows pretty well considering... And atleast Sami is telling Rafe how she feels about him. We dont have to guess, or twist anything to fit our wishes or agenda.

I get that some Ejami fans are hating this story.. but we Safe fans are loving it bigtime.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Apr 29 2009, 01:54 PM
cjknick
Apr 29 2009, 01:42 PM
Alligato
Why are we knocking their fans? Don't be so bitchy about people who are so different from you! Apparantly they do have some fans!

I mean, I am not one of them, but I know how much it sucks to have people dis my couple and trash talk me for liking an "unpopular" couple. Why do we do that to each other? It's petty. These are just characters!

Thanks for sharing!

Sorry! :embarrassed:

I wasn't making fun of them - I was just making fun of the suggestion that there are alot of them! - Infact even though there aren't many they are very vocal and supportive.
I wasn't making fun of the fans either. The article made it sound like they are a big hit and DAYS fans are just loving them. Obviously they do have some fans (every couple does), but I just think the article is really exaggerating. It seems to me that they are hated by many and others (myself included) just don't give a shit about them.
You would be surprised.

Sure, it's easy to exaggerate but there are tons of youtube videos of them and all you have to do is go to various boards to see they have alot of fans. Not to mention, the magazines have praised the pairing. Of course, you can't go by just the boards and the Internet but there must be quite a bit of fans because, otherwise, they would not be building them up the way they are. None of us have any idea how much fanmail and what the response from fans outside of the Internet has been so I do think it's hard to say just how popular they are. The only reason I think they are more popular then people say is because of the way the show has developed and built them up. That and Galen has a very large fanbase from Passions so that helps too.

Anyway, I can't wait for this. I really enjoy them so to each their own.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 29 2009, 02:56 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I dont like them either..well I dont like any Sami pairing, but I think the GA likes the actors.
Liz

samixxx
Member Avatar

michelle
Apr 29 2009, 01:11 PM
At least Sami knows EJ doesn't have any friends. She knows way more about him than Rafe. She knows way more about Lucas too. Probably knows more about her mailman than that goober Rafe.

"But really.. I dont know EJ's best friend .. Oh wait.. He does not have any.Nobody knows anything more then what the writers tell us.
I dont know Victors Mother, Or Daniels, Or Abes. Or Kates.
Rafes best friend.. or new best friend will be written into his script as he finds a spot on the Salem PD.."

Yes, but you're not going to have sex and say I love you to any of them are you?

A hot passionate Latin lover? Try a boring insecure fonzie wanna-be. And Ali right now is a flip-flopping, emotional wreck with more kids than she knows what to do with. Boring. Boring. Boring.

I hate this story.
Ali is an actress, Sami is a character. Ali is a professional actress, mother of two happily married. ;)

Count me as one of the 10 Safe fans that is excited to see this play! Thanks for posting!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I know that none of us know how many fans they really have. YouTube videos and especially the show going for this pairing right now doesn't prove anything either though. That is like saying they are the biggest fanbase out there so the show is going to please them. No way. I don't really care who Sami ends up with (I have enjoyed both Lumi and Ejami at some point) so I am not some diehard Lumi or Ejami fan that won't accept her with anyone else. They just bore me to tears and Galen's acting is still not very good.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Apr 29 2009, 03:05 PM
I know that none of us know how many fans they really have. YouTube videos and especially the show going for this pairing right now doesn't prove anything either though. That is like saying they are the biggest fanbase out there so the show is going to please them. No way. I don't really care who Sami ends up with (I have enjoyed both Lumi and Ejami at some point) so I am not some diehard Lumi or Ejami fan that won't accept her with anyone else. They just bore me to tears and Galen's acting is still not very good.
Your right they don't prove anything but I still think the fact that the show has approached them the way they have shows they must be at least moderately popular. I mean, look what happened with Daniel and Chloe. You can tell the story changed to set them up as a "destined" couple. At first, it came off as just a plot point but now it seems like so much more.

I think their plan at the start was to just bring Rafe on and to see if he and Ali would click. They struggled at first and I think her being pregnant both helped and hurt them early on. It hurt them in that you couldn't see too much chemistry but it helped in that it forced the show to take it slow with them. They have interacted Rafe with other females. They had him have those scenes with Nicole back in December. Once he got to Salem, he had scenes with Hope. There really isn't alot of women on the show to test him with. Nicole was really the only one and they tried it. It was around that time I feel Sami and Rafe seemed to begin to click more consistently anyway.

Whatever the case, I enjoy them. Galen is not the best actor but I think the part suits him. I feel Ali has been great since returning from her maternity leave. I can see why people don't like them. If they don't make it, they don't make it. All I care about is good drama and being entertained.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well as 1 of the "More" than 10 fans..
I know that they must be getting a great response from everyone except die hard ejami's.
And those who simply dont like the actors.
There will always be those.. But I know Alison likes the couple and working with Galen, they are good friends, and I know James Scott likes working with Ari, Ive always felt the actor would rather work with AZ. And I know I read awhile back that BOTH JS and AS were not comfortable with being paired as they were after the "Incident" atleast in the manner it happened..

I honestly think they are both happy with this direction.. Also Even I am (with my measley 94 posts) am not so silly as to believe that EJ/Sami are kapoot... He will somehow draw her back, even if its by blackmail, and threats.. This will make for great soapy stories..

My unsolicited advice is .. Its obvious that Safe is happening and a major story, so you (anyone who hates it) dont have to like it (Any more then I liked Ejami) But go with it and see how the story unfolds, and respect the fact that others DO like it..instead of just being mean and rude, because that just draws out the mean and rude in us.. And we are *Many* regardless if they exist on this board. And Id wager that the comment lines, and fanmail reflect that.. These internet sites are only a small reflection of the viewing audience.. Most people I know who watch soaps dont even know about these places.

Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Alligato

Thanks for sharing!

Not being bitchy........just sarcastic.

I, too, know how it feels to have people hate on you because of the couple you like........but it just comes with the territory of the message boards. Doesn't change my opinion of "my couple" and I'm sure it won't change the opinion of the "safe" fans out there.

I stand by my opinion of "safe" :sleep: , but I will concede concerning the amount of fans. They may have more than 10.........

mirabella

Ellie, thanks for posting this. It made my day! I am a Sami and Rafe fan so I guess I am one of those 10 fans of theirs since I am the 6th one to post in this thread.

I think this is the most realistic love story written on the show today, certainly the best new love story they have had in years.

Go SAFE! Can't wait to see this unfold!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Just remember SAFE fans that some fanbase groups come out and attack because they feel threaten. No one but their couple can have a story. As an EJ and Nicole fan, I have been at the end of the whole "numbers" debate. It's really pointless.

As long as DAYS keeps getting solid numbers, the actors are selling the pairing in the press and giving them ample airtime, you'll get your SAFE love story.
Liz

Deleted User
Deleted User

And I will say this, from talking with other "fanbases" This board and another one I wont name have fewer Safe, or Lumi fans *posting* because of how they are treated when they do, Nobody likes to be attacked just because they dont like or want Ejami.. and when that happens its a big turn off. They, just like Ejami's want to be able to express their excitement without fear of it turning into a battle.

Just saying..
Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Apr 29 2009, 03:48 PM
Just remember SAFE fans that some fanbase groups come out and attack because they feel threaten. No one but their couple can have a story. As an EJ and Nicole fan, I have been at the end of the whole "numbers" debate. It's really pointless.

As long as DAYS keeps getting solid numbers, the actors are selling the pairing in the press and giving them ample airtime, you'll get your SAFE love story.
Liz
I understand your point Liz except this is a soap opera - it is fiction. To feel threatened by fictional couples on a soap opera is kind of a silly concept! I post and make comments because it's fun not because it is serious debate!

Are we supposed to be taking this stuff seriously? I hope not!
Edited by cjknick, Apr 29 2009, 04:06 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Apr 29 2009, 03:55 PM
And I will say this, from talking with other "fanbases" This board and another one I wont name have fewer Safe, or Lumi fans because of how they are treated, Nobody likes to be attacked just because they dont like or want Ejami.. and when that happens its a big turn off. They just like Ejami's want to be able to express their excitement without fear of it turning into a battle.

Just saying..
Really?? Because it seems to me there are fewer Ejami's here than on alot of other boards, but that's just me.

I totally agree that everyone in every fanbase should be allowed to express their likes OR dislikes. I think everyone here expresses their likes of certain couples and DISLIKES. There are many here in this thread who can't stand Ejami and make no bones about it, just as there are many here who don't like safe or ejole.

I think things are being taken out of context here.......I think the intent of some of these earlier posts were to be humorous not trying to start anything. Many of us just found Logan's take on safe to be kind of funny that's all.

I certainly don't think the opinions of those of us who don't like "safe" are going to sway "safe" fans anymore than those of you who don't like "Ejami" are going to change Ejami fans. Just because there aren't alot of any one fan group shouldn't deter one from speaking their mind. That's what this message board is here for......just be prepared to have someone disagree........or say they don't like your favorite character..................

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

Sami tells Rafe she loves him on the episode where they have sex? Priceless!!! :laugh:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn
Apr 29 2009, 03:34 PM
Well as 1 of the "More" than 10 fans..
I know that they must be getting a great response from everyone except die hard ejami's.
And those who simply dont like the actors.
There will always be those.. But I know Alison likes the couple and working with Galen, they are good friends, and I know James Scott likes working with Ari, Ive always felt the actor would rather work with AZ. And I know I read awhile back that BOTH JS and AS were not comfortable with being paired as they were after the "Incident" atleast in the manner it happened..

I honestly think they are both happy with this direction.. Also Even I am (with my measley 94 posts) am not so silly as to believe that EJ/Sami are kapoot... He will somehow draw her back, even if its by blackmail, and threats.. This will make for great soapy stories..

My unsolicited advice is .. Its obvious that Safe is happening and a major story, so you (anyone who hates it) dont have to like it (Any more then I liked Ejami) But go with it and see how the story unfolds, and respect the fact that others DO like it..instead of just being mean and rude, because that just draws out the mean and rude in us.. And we are *Many* regardless if they exist on this board. And Id wager that the comment lines, and fanmail reflect that.. These internet sites are only a small reflection of the viewing audience.. Most people I know who watch soaps dont even know about these places.

Hmmm...I think if you go back to some of the original comments in the thread about Safe being boring, etc. you'll note they are not being made by 'die hard ejami's' nor necessarily by those who 'simply don't like the actors'. I'm not sure where that assumption comes from - but it doesn't seem to be the case in this thread.

I do think there are many people who are enjoying Safe - and just as you just did we could come to all kinds of conclusions about who and why. GG certainly has a lot of fans from his Passions days. Some Lumis and EJoles each have reasons for promoting the pairing (hating EJami, or EJ, or Sami). But I also think there are members of the GA that just like the simplicity of their story. Not much angst, not much drama, no skeletons in their respective closets (at least, that we know of at this point) - it's "safe". To each their own. I happen to like a lot more layers and more good soapy drama with my pairings. But the number one factor for me is chemistry between the actors. I don't care what the actors think about the story, about each other, about anything, really. If they ignite when they are on screen together they capture my interest. And none of the current couples on this show are doing that for me - not a single one of them. :(

Toosh

Kirk
Apr 29 2009, 01:18 PM
GG is just awful and the way Sami is written I just can't take Safe at ALL. I rarely FF anything on the show, but Rafe and Sami will definitely be FF with a quickness.
EJamis seem so nasty when posting about Safe. They are so set on their couple that they can't give Safe the chance they deserve. I am a big Safe fan and never really cared for EJami. IMO, fans should post about their favorite or disliked couples without insulting the characters and the fans who don't agree with them. Stating your opinion is OK , but remember there are always a lot of fans who don't see things the same way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply