Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Safe' spoiler from TVGuide for week of May 18th
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 10:58 AM (15,432 Views)
ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Oh good grief. ETA: I can't believe this thread is still going on.
Edited by ArizonaDaze, May 8 2009, 03:45 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisy132

Ponz
May 7 2009, 09:50 PM
michelle
May 7 2009, 08:24 PM
They make banners promoting their couple, not bashing another couple that they do not like for whatever reason.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ETA: For the record, I have no issue with posters displaying banners such as these. A banner is a just graphical representation of an argument and mature adults respond to arguments with reason/evidence, not accusations of "baiting" (the message board equivalent of a toddler holding its breath during a temper tantrum).
Thanks for posting!

ilovemydays

daisy132
May 8 2009, 03:19 PM
ilovemydays
May 7 2009, 10:20 PM
michelle
May 7 2009, 09:18 PM
I think the banners for RINR are tacky. I don't believe for one second the banners are made to help victims express their opinions of a storyline or character pairing. I believe they are made by those who want their couple together, Lucas and Sami, and not another, EJ and Sami, and this is the way they have chosen to express it. How is my thinking this rude? After all, this is a tv show and there are of plenty of real life victims they could be making banners to support instead of this silly fictional one.

As for Nicole, she may have given Sydney to her father, but she has lied and deceived the man she supposedly loves and married while doing so. If she was doing the right thing, why has she not told EJ the truth? Surely he would be happy with her for reuniting him with his daughter right? Why the continued lies?

I don't agree with Sami's actions at all, but I do see where she is coming from in wanting to keep her daughter away from Stephano.

Sami is not a loser, she just continues to make bad decisions.

Really? You don't believe it? When their banners clearly state "Rape is not Romance" and you interpret it to mean that they just want another couple and it has nothing to do with rape at all? You don't see how your statements can be seen as insulting and rude?

Try to bear in mind somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes and 1 in every 6 women will be raped or sexually assaulted in their lifetime. Some of them just might have an aversion to seeing a love story play out between a rape victim and her attacker.

I might not get what Rafe sees in Sami but I have no issues with her falling in love with him, he's an attractive nice man that had never abused her or any of her family. Sami should just be grateful she has a man like Rafe to lean on.

This is a fictional show. We enjoy Ejami and we're not going anywhere. Other fanbases know it and can't stand it. IT'S THE TIMING of when these banners come out. It's WHEN IT'S CLEAR THAT EJAMI ARE NOT FINISHED. Whenever there is interraction that makes that evident, RIGHT ON CUE, the banners, the hate posts, everything nasty and rude comes out. If you feel so strongly about rape, do something productive about it in the real world. And have the same cuourtesy towards others as you want them to have towards you - let them enjoy their couple as you wish to enjoy yours.

Note that I have no banner. IMO there is nothing tacky or rude about the RINR banners. If anyone wants to use one they are entitled. I think it is ironic that the EJami fans even have an issue with them. The rape happened. Its part of EJ and Sami's past. IMO it's the most significant thing that had happened to them or will ever happen to them. When I see them together all I can think is, "OMG Sami! That man RAPED YOU!"

I don't need a banner to remind me of it. IMO there is nothing tacky about those banners; if anything is tacky and rude it is the idea of EJami as a romantic couple.

I'm neither a Lumi or a Safe fan and right now I'm only luke warm about EJ and Nicole. My opposition to EJ and Sami as a couple has nothing to do with another pairing. My disgust for them as a couple is solely contingent on their terrible history and the utter lack of romantic or sexual chemistry between the two actors.

Safe might just be 'safe' but today's show was cute and light and just what the show needed and I'm willing to give Sami and Rafe a chance.

daisy132

ilovemydays
May 8 2009, 03:58 PM
daisy132
ilovemydays
michelle
May 7 2009, 09:18 PM
I think the banners for RINR are tacky. I don't believe for one second the banners are made to help victims express their opinions of a storyline or character pairing. I believe they are made by those who want their couple together, Lucas and Sami, and not another, EJ and Sami, and this is the way they have chosen to express it. How is my thinking this rude? After all, this is a tv show and there are of plenty of real life victims they could be making banners to support instead of this silly fictional one.

As for Nicole, she may have given Sydney to her father, but she has lied and deceived the man she supposedly loves and married while doing so. If she was doing the right thing, why has she not told EJ the truth? Surely he would be happy with her for reuniting him with his daughter right? Why the continued lies?

I don't agree with Sami's actions at all, but I do see where she is coming from in wanting to keep her daughter away from Stephano.

Sami is not a loser, she just continues to make bad decisions.

Really? You don't believe it? When their banners clearly state "Rape is not Romance" and you interpret it to mean that they just want another couple and it has nothing to do with rape at all? You don't see how your statements can be seen as insulting and rude?

Try to bear in mind somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes and 1 in every 6 women will be raped or sexually assaulted in their lifetime. Some of them just might have an aversion to seeing a love story play out between a rape victim and her attacker.

I might not get what Rafe sees in Sami but I have no issues with her falling in love with him, he's an attractive nice man that had never abused her or any of her family. Sami should just be grateful she has a man like Rafe to lean on.

This is a fictional show. We enjoy Ejami and we're not going anywhere. Other fanbases know it and can't stand it. IT'S THE TIMING of when these banners come out. It's WHEN IT'S CLEAR THAT EJAMI ARE NOT FINISHED. Whenever there is interraction that makes that evident, RIGHT ON CUE, the banners, the hate posts, everything nasty and rude comes out. If you feel so strongly about rape, do something productive about it in the real world. And have the same cuourtesy towards others as you want them to have towards you - let them enjoy their couple as you wish to enjoy yours.

Note that I have no banner. IMO there is nothing tacky or rude about the RINR banners. If anyone wants to use one they are entitled. I think it is ironic that the EJami fans even have an issue with them. The rape happened. Its part of EJ and Sami's past. IMO it's the most significant thing that had happened to them or will ever happen to them. When I see them together all I can think is, "OMG Sami! That man RAPED YOU!"

I don't need a banner to remind me of it. IMO there is nothing tacky about those banners; if anything is tacky and rude it is the idea of EJami as a romantic couple.

I'm neither a Lumi or a Safe fan and right now I'm only luke warm about EJ and Nicole. My opposition to EJ and Sami as a couple has nothing to do with another pairing. My disgust for them as a couple is solely contingent on their terrible history and the utter lack of romantic or sexual chemistry between the two actors.

Safe might just be 'safe' but today's show was cute and light and just what the show needed and I'm willing to give Sami and Rafe a chance.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. That said, Sami has NEVER acted as a rape victim around EJ since that night. She voluntairily "hung around" him, and befriended him. She VOLUNTAIRILY and without doubt made love to him and then gave birth to their second child (or maybe third). Rape victims do not make love to their rapists. Not to mention that she gravitated towards him even when she was married to Lucas. Forgotten is too, that EJ and Sami were friends, much like Rafe and Sami right now, for a year before that incident. So based on the storylines before and after the so called rape, for those of us that have been watching and following their storyline, Ejami is very much in the right to be a couple. Not everyone HAS to like it, but a great many of us do, and everyone else they are paired with are just "fluff".
Edited by daisy132, May 8 2009, 04:18 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

I think that may be the problem. That Sami never acted the victim of rape and a lot of fans are mad that she did not, thus cannot stand the coupling of Ejami.

Then there are those of us that could get past what happened that night, and truly believe Sami forgave Ej for that most indecent proposal, and moved on.

That is what is at the heart of this. Either you can accept it or you don't. I guess neither group can ever see the other's side of it.

This Ejami fan is moving on.
Edited by michelle, May 8 2009, 07:23 PM.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

daisy132
May 8 2009, 04:13 PM
ilovemydays
daisy132
ilovemydays

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. That said, Sami has NEVER acted as a rape victim around EJ since that night. She voluntairily "hung around" him, and befriended him. She VOLUNTAIRILY and without doubt made love to him and then gave birth to their second child (or maybe third). Rape victims do not make love to their rapists. Not to mention that she gravitated towards him even when she was married to Lucas. Forgotten is too, that EJ and Sami were friends, much like Rafe and Sami right now, for a year before that incident. So based on the storylines before and after the so called rape, for those of us that have been watching and following their storyline, Ejami is very much in the right to be a couple. Not everyone HAS to like it, but a great many of us do, and everyone else they are paired with are just "fluff".
Do you think she "voluntarily" married him too?

She didn't hang around him voluntarily after the rape. She didn't want anything to do with him, and told him so many times. Then there was the vendetta, and being blackmailed into marrying him. You know, the whole... marry me or more people in your family will die threat that was directly from EJ. Then there was the threat from Stephano... "nurse my son back to health, or more people in your family will die". Voluntary my behind.

As for how she acted after the rape, moreso after the vendetta crapola was finallly put to rest... that's where the writer's screwed things up royally. She was raped alright, the writers/producers/actors even said it was intentionally written that way. Not sure why the writers didn't follow through with a more appropriate reaction from Sami. Shame on them though.

It also was not love making that night that Sydney was conceived. Far from it. She rebounded to him after Lucas dumped her. Let's not forget that as soon as Lucas was back in the picture, she left EJ laying there in bed, naked, without so much as a backward glance his way. She was in love alright... with Lucas.
Edited by mesagirl, May 8 2009, 07:55 PM.

Manda1

mesagirl
May 8 2009, 07:53 PM
daisy132
May 8 2009, 04:13 PM
ilovemydays
daisy132

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

She didn't hang around him voluntarily after the rape. She didn't want anything to do with him, and told him so many times. Then there was the vendetta, and being blackmailed into marrying him. You know, the whole... marry me or more people in your family will die threat that was directly from EJ. Then there was the threat from Stephano... "nurse my son back to health, or more people in your family will die". Voluntary my behind.

As for how she acted after the rape, moreso after the vendetta crapola was finallly put to rest... that's where the writer's screwed things up royally. She was raped alright, the writers/producers/actors even said it was intentionally written that way. Not sure why the writers didn't follow through with a more appropriate reaction from Sami. Shame on them though.

It also was not love making that night that Sydney was conceived. Far from it. She rebounded to him after Lucas dumped her. Let's not forget that as soon as Lucas was back in the picture, she left EJ laying there in bed, naked, without so much as a backward glance his way. She was in love alright... with Lucas.
Well I was not watching when the vendetta etc or even the rape was on but I've seen it on Youtube and have no doubt about what I was watching and EJ mockery of her and slimy behaviour after the act would never have happened if it had been a deal. Why bother holding the gun on her then...

Anyway I did watch the time that they 'just had sex' and I quote from Sami here and she leapt out of the bed without giving EJ a backward glance to beg Lucas to forgive her and tell him she only went there because he rejected her and told her. She was clear EJ wouldn't have stood a chance if Lucas hadn't told Sami they had no future etc.

Anyway Ejami and Lumi had their couples weddings and divorces already. You've had your romance for Lumi and rapemance for Ejami. Now we are having Safe which is the point of this thread. I loved the first date.

It had been thoughtfully set up, they had a nice time lying down under the stars, a little tickling and a game of scrabble, and Rafe thought Sami was beautiful with dripping hair and washed out make-up what more could a girl ask for? :wub: :wub: :wub:

daisy132

Quote:

As for how she acted after the rape, moreso after the vendetta crapola was finallly put to rest... that's where the writer's screwed things up royally. She was raped alright, the writers/producers/actors even said it was intentionally written that way. Not sure why the writers didn't follow through with a more appropriate reaction from Sami. Shame on them though
It also was not love making that night that Sydney was conceived. Far from it. She rebounded to him after Lucas dumped her. Let's not forget that as soon as Lucas was back in the picture, she left EJ laying there in bed, naked, without so much as a backward glance his way. She was in love alright... with Lucas.[/

In answer to your question, YES, she married EJ voluntairily. Colleen's "ghost" appeared to her (in the form of her conscience) and told her that she just couldn't deny the man she secretly loved. That she just couldn't stay away from EJ. Not to mention that Lucas offered his help with the vendetta, practically begging her to explore other options to no avail. Sami was determined to marry EJ. There were always the looks, the push and pull, the cat and mouse games, ever since they've met. Exciting, complicated, complex. That's what describes their relationship, and that's why so many of us love it.

As for the banners, here is a post from a Safe fan:

Quote:

I really hope they hate the banners with a Passion !!
they are like we just use the banners to knock Ejami
well.......um yeah thats the whole point lol
same way they call Rafe creepy except Rafe is anything but creepy
Edited by daisy132, May 9 2009, 12:56 AM.

Taelyn

WooHoo.
Well that was interesting , but after 2 days, and I know a whole lot of headaches for Rhi, and Rick, we finally got past, or around the glitch.
If you see my former posts as deleted user .. That was the only way .. Delete and re-register under the same name.

For those who spoke up in support I appreciate it, and all the staff and admin and Rhi, and Rick who worked to fix the problem .. thank you very much.
Edited by Taelyn, May 9 2009, 01:06 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

daisy132
May 8 2009, 10:38 PM
Quote:

As for how she acted after the rape, moreso after the vendetta crapola was finallly put to rest... that's where the writer's screwed things up royally. She was raped alright, the writers/producers/actors even said it was intentionally written that way. Not sure why the writers didn't follow through with a more appropriate reaction from Sami. Shame on them though
It also was not love making that night that Sydney was conceived. Far from it. She rebounded to him after Lucas dumped her. Let's not forget that as soon as Lucas was back in the picture, she left EJ laying there in bed, naked, without so much as a backward glance his way. She was in love alright... with Lucas.[/

In answer to your question, YES, she married EJ voluntairily. Colleen's "ghost" appeared to her (in the form of her conscience) and told her that she just couldn't deny the man she secretly loved. That she just couldn't stay away from EJ. Not to mention that Lucas offered his help with the vendetta, practically begging her to explore other options to no avail. Sami was determined to marry EJ. There were always the looks, the push and pull, the cat and mouse games, ever since they've met. Exciting, complicated, complex. That's what describes their relationship, and that's why so many of us love it.

As for the banners, here is a post from a Safe fan:

Quote:

I really hope they hate the banners with a Passion !!
they are like we just use the banners to knock Ejami
well.......um yeah thats the whole point lol
same way they call Rafe creepy except Rafe is anything but creepy
:sweet:

Taelyn

I cant even remember the whole Colleen/Santo stuff.

I was so bored with everything "Vendetta" and JS's italian (?) accent made me want my tv to explode.
But I dont recall Sami ever "Wanting" to marry EJ for any reason other then stopping the Vendetta.. Infact I Do Know.. They never consumated their Vows, or had sex as Man and Wife.

But all that aside.. Sami wants Rafe with a passion. He is a man she desires and repects, and trusts completely and without reservation.

Yeah.. Safe is where its at.. where her heart is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply