Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Safe' spoiler from TVGuide for week of May 18th
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 10:58 AM (15,497 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Toosh
Apr 29 2009, 04:44 PM
Kirk
Apr 29 2009, 01:18 PM
GG is just awful and the way Sami is written I just can't take Safe at ALL. I rarely FF anything on the show, but Rafe and Sami will definitely be FF with a quickness.
EJamis seem so nasty when posting about Safe. They are so set on their couple that they can't give Safe the chance they deserve. I am a big Safe fan and never really cared for EJami. IMO, fans should post about their favorite or disliked couples without insulting the characters and the fans who don't agree with them. Stating your opinion is OK , but remember there are always a lot of fans who don't see things the same way.
I'm curious - why do you assume the poster you quoted is a EJami fan? I see nothing to indicate that - no banners or avatars promoting EJami (like many of us have); no comment regarding a preference - so why would you instantly attribute the comment to "EJamis"?

This is exactly what I mean by people making assumptions and painting fan bases with such a wide brush. It's insulting to all of us.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Apr 29 2009, 03:55 PM
And I will say this, from talking with other "fanbases" This board and another one I wont name have fewer Safe, or Lumi fans *posting* because of how they are treated when they do, Nobody likes to be attacked just because they dont like or want Ejami.. and when that happens its a big turn off. They, just like Ejami's want to be able to express their excitement without fear of it turning into a battle.

It's a compensating mechanism. Since the substantive arguments in support of Ejami are weak or non-existent, they rely on constant dick waving about the amazing, overwhelming, awe-inspiring size of their fanbase while demeaning others. "Safe have 10 fans, all Ejole fans are closet Lumis, all Safe fans are closet Ejoles, all true JS fans want him with Ali" etc. This is then disingenuously passed off as "debate" while feigning surprise that other fanbases might be offended by the obvious cheap shots. These tactics have been employed since 2006.
Edited by Ponz, Apr 29 2009, 05:56 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

New favorite term: "dick waving"
Thank you for that post, Ponz!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

*quietly pukes in mouth* Sorry, but these two together kinda creep me out.

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

Ponz
Apr 29 2009, 05:05 PM
Taelyn
And I will say this, from talking with other "fanbases" This board and another one I wont name have fewer Safe, or Lumi fans *posting* because of how they are treated when they do, Nobody likes to be attacked just because they dont like or want Ejami.. and when that happens its a big turn off. They, just like Ejami's want to be able to express their excitement without fear of it turning into a battle.

It's a compensating mechanism. Since the substantive arguments in support of Ejami are weak or non-existent, they rely on constant dick waving about the amazing, overwhelming, awe-inspiring size of their fanbase while demeaning others. "Safe have 10 fans, all Ejole fans are closet Lumis, all Safe fans are closet Ejoles, all true JS fans want him with Ali" etc. This is then disingenously passed off as "debate" while feigning surprise that other fanbases might be offended by the obvious cheap shots. These tactics have been employed since 2006.
Hee hee :cheer:

The dick waving does get tiresome. Thanks for that.

Manda1

Well I'm proud to be one of the 10 Safe fans! :lol:

Sooooo glad they are making love in May! So gald EJ and Lucas are tied up with their new wives! I wish EJ would go home to his and stay there :sleep:

But until then....... :dance: :dance: :dance:

aimees76
Member Avatar

Ponz
Taelyn

It's a compensating mechanism. Since the substantive arguments in support of Ejami are weak or non-existent, they rely on constant dick waving about the amazing, overwhelming, awe-inspiring size of their fanbase while demeaning others. "Safe have 10 fans, all Ejole fans are closet Lumis, all Safe fans are closet Ejoles, all true JS fans want him with Ali" etc. This is then disingenously passed off as "debate" while feigning surprise that other fanbases might be offended by the obvious cheap shots. These tactics have been employed since 2006.
:makeout: :iloveyou:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ponz
Taelyn

It's a compensating mechanism. Since the substantive arguments in support of Ejami are weak or non-existent, they rely on constant dick waving about the amazing, overwhelming, awe-inspiring size of their fanbase while demeaning others. "Safe have 10 fans, all Ejole fans are closet Lumis, all Safe fans are closet Ejoles, all true JS fans want him with Ali" etc. This is then disingenuously passed off as "debate" while feigning surprise that other fanbases might be offended by the obvious cheap shots. These tactics have been employed since 2006.
:hail: Awesome post.. And kinda explains everything :hug:
Quote Post Goto Top

SaveDaysNow

Taelyn
Apr 29 2009, 06:17 PM
Ponz
Taelyn

:hail: Awesome post.. And kinda explains everything :hug:
Brillian explanation, Ponz!! Just brilliant -- and I can see many many people on here agree! :rockon:

coffeelover

Thanks for posting Ellie I appreciate the time you spend typing up these articles

Now I see we have a mini fanbase war going on here in this thread. IT's ONLY A SOAP FOLKS. Make peace not war. It nevers ceases to amaze me how people can bicker about something that is not even real. Safe is not real, EJami, Lumi, Ejole NOT REAL!

michelle
Member Avatar

Oh geesh.

No one is insulting anyone, how silly. Some like Safe, some don't. Some like Ejami, some don't. This is where we come to vent about liking or not liking them. No one should take it personally.

I come here because no one in my house wants to hear about it anymore. I have no hotline to call. As it was, I made my husband watch EJ think he was making love to Sami today instead of Nicole, which he did not appreciate, but I thought was funny.

As Zack Mayo once said, I got nowhere else to goooooooooo.

Safe is BORING to me. Now no offense.

Oh and earlier I called Ali an emotional flip flopping wreck. Obviously, I meant Sami. I love Alison and she is obviously way more stable than Sami will ever be!
Edited by michelle, Apr 29 2009, 08:10 PM.

angmc
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Apr 29 2009, 03:34 PM
Well as 1 of the "More" than 10 fans..
I know that they must be getting a great response from everyone except die hard ejami's.
Oh..So the Lumi fans have all became Safe fans. Good to know.

angmc
Member Avatar

Ponz
Taelyn

I'm sorry..but what is weak about the fans argument for EJami?? The actors have great chemistry together, their storyline has inherent angst (Brady/DiMera), they've been through a lot (sorry it's not the 15 years Lumi had) and they now have a family. I'm not sure what's weak about that. I'm sure other fans can post many other things about why EJ/Sami are not a "weak" couple.

As for cheap shots..Cry me a river. Every fanbase gets a fair amount of cheap shots thrown their way, so they need to take it or move on. Call me crazy, but when I posted on IMDB someone wished rape on me and told me I was a Fascist because I was an EJami..so I stopped posting..after I told them to fuck off. :biggrin:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

mirabella
Apr 29 2009, 03:43 PM

I think this is the most realistic love story written on the show today
A love story between a man and a woman with three kids under three years old by two different ex-husbands, neither of whom are her current boyfriend's, is the most realistic love story written on the show today? Really?

Even by DOOL's bizarro standards, I'd say this is maybe realistic for an episode of Maury Povich. Granted, I will concede this may very well be the most realistic love story Sami's had... at least since Brandon Walker... but that's not really saying much.

angmc
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Apr 29 2009, 08:53 PM
mirabella

A love story between a man and a woman with three kids under three years old by two different ex-husbands, neither of whom are her current boyfriend's, is the most realistic love story written on the show today? Really?

Even by DOOL's bizarro standards, I'd say this is maybe realistic for an episode of Maury Povich. Granted, I will concede this may very well be the most realistic love story Sami's had... at least since Brandon Walker... but that's not really saying much.
It's also true love good when people think your relationship smacks of Stockholm Syndrome :laugh:

michelle
Member Avatar

Rafe Hernandez...you are NOT the father...of any of Sami's 4, yes folks, 4 children. Now move on. And try to find someone with no kids and no ex-husbands and leave this crazy lady alone.

angmc
Member Avatar

michelle
Apr 29 2009, 09:07 PM
Rafe Hernandez...you are NOT the father...of any of Sami's 4, yes folks, 4 children. Now move on. And try to find someone with no kids and no ex-husbands and leave this crazy lady alone.
Even as an Ejami, I don't understand why Rafe fell for Sami. :unsure:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
mirabella

Please, EJAMI fans would JUMP at the chance to have the said described story! They take the crumbs handed out to them..for god's sake they want Sami to be with her rapist...and you call that "realistic?"

Pot....kettle....nice to meet ya!

Oh, and we all know this is a soap..maybe some of us more then others!
Liz

michelle
Member Avatar

angmc
Apr 29 2009, 09:09 PM
michelle
Apr 29 2009, 09:07 PM
Even as an Ejami, I don't understand why Rafe fell for Sami. :unsure:
He wants to be Octodad to her Octomom. :shame:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Liz<3Days
Apr 29 2009, 09:10 PM
IMissAremid
mirabella

Please, EJAMI fans would JUMP at the chance to have the said described story! They take the crumbs handed out to them..for god's sake they want Sami to be with her rapist...and you call that "realistic?"

Pot....kettle....nice to meet ya!

Oh, and we all know this is a soap..maybe some of us more then others!
Liz

I didn't call it realistic. Or did you even read my post on the way to typing up your latest bash of EJami fans?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply