Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Insider Blog: Dylan Patton and his mother
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 03:19 PM (529 Views)
Ellie

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/2009/04/dylan_patton_and_his_mother_de_1.php

Dylan Patton and his mother, Debi

Posted Image

The next actor I interviewed for my Mother's Day feature was newcomer Dylan Patton and his mother, Debi. I always wondered what it was like for Dylan to launch into a character like Will, who has Sami for a mother. I also wanted to get to know Dylan's mom Debi because I had met Dylan before, and he was such a well-mannered young man. Hope you enjoy the latest interview from the Days' Insider. And P.S., how adorable is the photo that Debi sent to us?

Do you have a favorite childhood story about Dylan?
I would have to go with his birth date story. About a month before he was born, I saw the number 713 on the ceiling above my bed. I was wide awake, and it was as though someone had flashed a camera at me. The image was kind of on the back of my eyelids for a few minutes. Dylan was actually due on July 4th, but he ended up coming almost two weeks late. He was born on July 13th (7/13/92) AND he was born at 7:13 PM AND he weighed 7lbs. 13oz. That is the absolute truth.

Do you watch Dylan on Days?
Of course! I record it and try to watch what I can on the weekends. I am really into the storyline now and like to watch even if Dylan isn't on.

What is your most memorable Mother's Day with Dylan?
The first one. Dylan is my oldest, so he was the reason for my first Mother's Day. That one holds a very special place in my heart.

What is one thing that fans would love to know about Dylan?
He is a phenomenal snowboarder.

How are you different from Dylan's onscreen mom, Sami Brady?
Well, I am not as patient with him as she is. Also, Dylan and I have always had a close relationship -- unlike Sami and Will.

Do you have any Mother's Day traditions?
Not really. We usually just go to lunch somewhere nice.

Dylan's questions:

Does your mom offer any feedback from your work?
Not that often. When I was little she used to, but not so much now.

What important life lessons did your mom teach you?
She taught me good work ethics: Be on time and be prepared.

How is your relationship with your onscreen mom, Sami Brady, different from your real life mom?
It's actually not too different. I think Will is a typical 16-year-old. My real mom is not lying and manipulative like Sami, but we still have our disagreements -- only it's about real life stuff like curfew and chores.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like these Mother's Day features. They're cool!

This was cute. I love the question to both of them about comparisons between Dylan's real mom and Sami LOL.

I really do like Dylan and he seems to want to really succeed. He's improving steadily so I look forward to seeing where he is as an actor a year or so from now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply