Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Episode Rankings as of 4/30/09; Plus rankings from April, 1984
Topic Started: Apr 29 2009, 10:49 PM (683 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

2009 Episode Rankings. The following is a listing of how many episodes each actor appeared in on "Days of Our Lives" in 2009 (1/1/09-4/30/09), out of a total of 84 episodes. For the complete list, please visit http://www.jason47.com

Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes
1. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 76
2. James Scott (E.J. DiMera) 68
3. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) 57
4. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 55
5. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 53
6. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 48
7. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 46
8. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 43
9. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas Horton) 42
10. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez) 41

April Episode Rankings. Here's how many episodes each actor has appeared in this month (4/1/09-4/30/09), out of a total of 22 episodes. For the complete list, please visit http://www.jason47.com

Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes
1. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 20
2. James Scott (E.J. DiMera) 19
3. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) 16
4. Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera) 15
5. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 14
*. Lily & Sophie Gimbel (Grace Brady) 14
7. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 13
*. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 13
9. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 12
*. Taylor Spreitler (Mia) 12

25 Years Ago: April 1984 Episode Rankings:
1. John de Lancie (Eugene Bradford) 16
2. Thaao Penghlis (Andre DiMera/Tony DiMera) 15
3. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Williams) 14
*. Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera) 14
*. Michael Leon (Pete Jannings) 14
6. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans) 13
*. Gloria Loring (Liz Curtis) 13
*. Andrew Masset (Larry Welch) 13
*. Josh Taylor (Chris Kositchek) 13
*. Lisa Trusel (Melissa Anderson) 13
11. Joseph Gallison (Neil Curtis) 12
*. Peter Reckell (Bo Brady) 12
13. Melonie Mazman (Tess Jannings) 11
*. Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera) 11
*. Wayne Northrop (Roman Brady) 11
16. Shirley DeBurgh (Delia Abernathy) 10
17. Don Frabotta (Dave) 8
*. Frances Reid (Alice Horton) 8
*. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton) 8
20. Stanley Brock (Howie Hofstedder) 7
*. John Clarke (Mickey Horton) 7
*. Quinn Redeker (Alex Marshall) 7
*. DeAnna Robbins (Diane Parker) 7
24. Roger Aaron Brown (Danny Grant) 6
*. Lesley Kawai (May Lin) 6
*. Anne-Marie Martin (Gwen Davies) 6
27. Samantha Barrows (Noel Curtis) 5
28. Macdonald Carey (Tom Horton) 4
*. Don Diamont (Carlo Forenza) 4
30. Lanna Saunders (Marie Horton) 3
31. Jed Allan (Don Craig) 2
*. Michael Laskin (Chet Lambert) 2
*. James Reynolds (Abe Carver) 2
*. Robert Romanus (Speed Selejko) 2
*. Pamela Roylance (Sandy Horton) 2
*. Marcella Saint-Amant (Danielle Forenza) 2
37. Laura Bassett (Nadine) 1
*. Sheila DeWindt (Joan Hopkins) 1
*. Conrad Dunn (Nick Corelli) 1
*. Al Jarreau (Al Jarreau) 1
*. Tom Rosqui (Barney Jannings) 1
*. Philece Sampler (Renee Dumonde) 1
*. Jan Triska (Nicolai) 1
For rankings from 5, 10, 15 and 20 years ago, please visit http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

It hurts my heart to see the cast list from 25 years ago. Those truly were the "DAYS".

Thanks for posting, Jason.

mirabella

Thanks for posting, Jason. Very interesting.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Apr 29 2009, 10:57 PM
It hurts my heart to see the cast list from 25 years ago. Those truly were the "DAYS".

But many of those on the top list had been on just a few years. Now people complain when that happens, I guess it was just okey in the 80s.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Apr 30 2009, 02:29 AM
SocRMum1

But many of those on the top list had been on just a few years. Now people complain when that happens, I guess it was just okey in the 80s.
Yep. And in the 90's too . Maybe it wasn't to the same extent in the 90's but still plenty of new faces were near the top then too after many familiar ones (Mary Beth Evans, Patsy Pease, Charles Shaughnessy, Crystal Chappell, etc.) left.

That is what bothers me. I can understand if you just don't like who the show is focusing on or if you miss those who have left and no longer want to watch. I just don't understand it when people act like a turnover like this has never happened before and act like this was an isolated incident. Was it unfair to do it the way they did? Yes. It should've been gradual but Corday is to blame for wanting to live in the past for far too long. However, it's just as unfair as when it was done in the 80's and 90's too and the fact that some act like it was ok to do that then just because they like Bo, Hope, John, Steve, Kayla, etc is something that really just irks me. It reflects the sense that some often give you that they believe the show should be about them and only them when it's an ensemble show. I'm sure just as many fans resented the fact that Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla, etc were replacing people like Maggie, Mickey, Doug, Julie, etc who were shoved to the backburner or cut altogether at that time. Same goes for the 90's when characters like Peter, Kristen, Billie, Austin, Carrie, Sami, Lucas, etc came on when characters like Kim, Shane, Carly, Lawrence, etc were let go.

Eventually, the spotlight has to shift. The show can't rely on the same characters forever. No show can, especially with soaps because they are continuous. Change has to happen eventually. Sure, it can and should be handled better then the way Days did it but they've handled it just as horribly before too so this is not an isolated incident.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 30 2009, 09:56 AM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I wonder what Zuker's guarantee is. She must be raking it in this year! lol

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Sindacco
Apr 30 2009, 02:29 AM
SocRMum1

My point was simply that reviewing that list makes me miss those days - look at the difference in the number of actors listed. Just my perspective, but I feel that shows the disparity in the number of storylines that were being focused on - or at the very least, the blending of characters into each other's stories. My memory may be somewhat colored by nostalgia - but I feel like the quality of the overall show back then was much higher because it involved so many more characters. Times are different now - I get that. It just makes me long for the days when more emphasis was put on the overall production.

As for the current list - I am a EJami fan, so you won't hear any complaints from me about their current status regarding air time. Even if they aren't on together, I enjoy seeing them on screen. There are some characters I'd like to see more of, and some I'd like to see less of - but overall, right now, I'm pretty satisfied with the way the actors/characters are being used.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply