Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Insider Blog: Darin Brooks and his mother
Topic Started: May 4 2009, 11:29 AM (3,628 Views)
Ellie

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/2009/05/darin_and_his_mom_susan_brooks.php

Posted Image

Darin and his mom, Susan Brooks

The first time I met Darin's mom, Susan Brooks, was last year at the Daytime Emmys. Darin had brought his mom as his date and we were all seated at the same table. She couldn't have been more proud of her son, who was nominated for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Daytime Series. She was such a delight, as was Darin that night, that they were the first two to come to mind when I thought about doing this Mother's Day feature. I hope you enjoy their answers!

P.S. Just when I thought Darin couldn't get any more charming, just read his answers. Sons everywhere should take notes!

Do you have a favorite childhood story about Darin?
Taking a crash course in drumming! Darin had to learn to play the drums, so his older brother, Adam, could perform at his high school project grad party. I was involved in the PTA, and we needed free entertainment for Adam's graduation party, so I volunteered their band; however, they didn't have a drummer. I drove Darin to drum lessons for eight months, so he could perform with his older brother. We named their band Will Play For Food (my suggestion)! Later, Darin went on to make it to the finals in a state-run talent contest called "Brown Bags Stardom" with his own band.

I always encouraged the boys in music since I'm tone deaf! They took ukulele in grad school in Hawaii (everyone learns that in school there), piano, guitar, and then drums. We used a spare bedroom for practice, so we put mattresses up along the walls to muffle the noise in our quiet neighborhood.

Do you watch Darin on Days?
Of course! I blush when he has naked scenes.

What is your most memorable Mother's Day with Darin?
The first time he made me breakfast in bed with a favorite orchid from our garden.

What is one thing that fans would love to know about Darin?
He can dance. I teach art lessons at my gallery (Arts of Paradise Gallery), so we bartered. Every Sunday afternoon, we would roll up the carpet and learn ballroom, tango, and swing. His father and I are terrible, but Darin could do well on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Do you have any Mother's Day traditions?
Breakfast in bed and chocolate for dinner.

Does your mom offer any feedback from your work?
Not my acting, but my hair. She even told our award-winning hair stylist on Days (Matthew Holman) how she likes my hair: surfer cut -- long on top, short in back, blonder, etc. He disagreed! He did her hair for the Daytime Emmys red carpet; she was my date.

What important life lessons did your mom teach you?
Honesty. Attending Catholic school, you learn moral values and not to lie. She always said the she may not know what I've done, but I would and would be punished for all my sins!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mandy

Nice article. Thanks for posting. I really hope everything I read about Darin is true. He seems like such a sweetheart of a guy. I will miss him on Days.

mirabella

Thanks for posting! Darin seems like a really sweet, caring guy who loves his mother!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

It is a sweet interview, but he took his mom to the daytime emmys? Can't DOOL even shell out for fake dates anymore? (And I'm sure some poster will use another term for fake date :p )

oldschoolfan

I think it's great that he took his mother, so he could share in his success with her.

Ellie

oldschoolfan
May 4 2009, 12:08 PM
I think it's great that he took his mother, so he could share in his success with her.
I agree!!

Too funny that his mother referred to love scenes as "naked scenes".

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I'm not saying its not great he took his mother, I'm saying its suspect ;)

mandy

Southofsoap
May 4 2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe there are a lot of gay men on soaps, but I don't believe for a minute that Darin is one of them. If Darin was dating someone at the time of the Emmy's, I doubt he would have brought her anyway. Darin seems to be really private about his personal life. He always claims to be too busy to have a steady relationship, which I think is a polite way of diverting questions about his personal life. I think that's a sign of a great guy who values the privacy of the relationships he is in. I happen to like the fact that he is not a "kiss and tell" kind of guy.

Edited by mandy, May 4 2009, 03:11 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

:wub: He's such a sweetheart!

lastDays
Member Avatar

Wow :wub: what a sweetheart guy.Any guy who could treat his mother with that much respect is a keeper :applause:

Bradyclan

Southofsoap
May 4 2009, 02:11 PM
Suspect for bringing HIS MOM!!??? The woman that has been there for him all of his life ? Please...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply