Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC — Nelson Ratings; May 4
Topic Started: May 4 2009, 11:54 AM (564 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Nelson+Ratings+May+04+2009/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/090504_ratings_nelson_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

LOL I caught Lucci's misquote as well, and I thought it was pretty funny that "overrated" was the word that crept in.

Gregorzick

Nelson, I agree that ATWT has the potential to become interesting soap but I'm not so sure I consider the Holden/Luke/Damian situation a triangle.

Personally. I never I considered the Rachel/Mac/Iris storyline on ANOTHER WORLD to be a triangle. The character of Iris was just another "wicked stepdaughter" along the lines of LOVE OF LIFE's Barbara Sterling Latimer (payed by such actresses as Nina Reader, Lee Lawson, and Zina Bethnue) and such SECRET STORM characters as Susan Ames Dunbar( played at various times by Mary Haskell, Frances Helm, Rachel Taylot, and the fantastic Judy Lewis) and Wendy Potter (first played by Rita McLaughlin and then by Julie Mannix). Just my opinion but AW's Iris would have been a total soap cliche (sp) had it not been for the talents of the late, great Beverlee McKinsey.

While I would love for the whole Holden and Damian conflict over Luke to become stellar soap opera, I'm afraid it will become a soap cliche ridden mess due to the lack of talnet on the part of ATWT's headwriter Jean Passanante and it's EP Chris Goutman. No doubt in mind that the potential of this storyline will be ruined by the powers that be. I 've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing good will happen on ATWT until management is replaced from top to bottom.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply