Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of May 18th; *UPDATED 5/16*
Topic Started: May 5 2009, 10:10 PM (10,023 Views)
Taelyn

daisy132
May 10 2009, 11:02 PM
Quote:

I dont agree.. Grace is very much Sami's family, they have bonded from the moment Grace was born, and I dont think Sami could love Grace any more then she does.. Also Rafe loves Grace as his own too, even though it was actually Sydney in her belly .. He has been there thru most of the pregnancy, and been with her afterwards and loves her very much. That is very much Family to me.
Family is more then blood, its what is in your heart

And Sami will still have a connection to EJ .. They have Johnny.. as I said I hope neither child dies, that is "My wishful thinking"

And I also think that as much as Mia is adoring Grace, she is not ready to be a Mother.. she is only 15 no job and no future, or strong family ties to help her out. I believe "When" the truth is revealed that Mia will have a hard tme, but will decide to let Sami and Rafe BOTH adopt Grace.. She will want whats best for her baby, and she knows she is not ready to provide that.. and I think that Sami will let Mia be a part of Graces life.

There aren't many of us that want ANY baby to die, for sure.

I don't agree about Mia. I think it would be nice for her to have her little girl and be supported by family and friends. Of course, Sami could be one of them. Sami was a teenage mom too, and she kept Will. There are many teenage moms out in the real world, so it would be nice to see a sucessful example on the show.

I agree about the concept of family too. I have some friends that are like family to me. But when it comes to the show, I want Sami with her family, whoever she chooses in the end (hopefuly EJ). I just can't picture EJ and Lucas attending her wedding to Rafe and the twins being the flower girl and ring bearing with Will as a best man. Nobody would be happy with that outcome, except for the Safe fans.
LOL .. again .. I disagree

Although some Lumi fans like many Ejamis refuse to accept Sami with any pairing other then their choice .
Others Would be happy for her with Rafe.

And I doubt EJ will be invited to the Wedding .. I mean .. why would he? He is an Evil DiMera, and likely even more evil by the time they Marry.

And Safe fans DO COUNT So.. I think that they would be very happy with that outcome.

As for Mia , I just dont agree, she does not have the family support system that a young girl should have, and Id hate to see someone so young (15) saddled with a child so early in the development of their character. She is just finding herself on the show.. She didnt want to keep the baby at all, she just is saddled with guilt.
Sami was pregnant @16, and 17 when she gave birth I think, in addition she "Planned" to get pregnant.. and she also had a very large, strong supportive Family.
Also Sami as a character was very established we knew who she was, and she had a very strong place in Salem.

Mia has lot of growth and story to tell (If she lasts) Id hate to see her held back with a baby from the get go... Also I dont want Sami and Rafe to lose Grace.. They love her as much as if she were their child.

JMO
Edited by Taelyn, May 10 2009, 11:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

In terms of mothers deserving their kids, I think Mia is actually light years more mature than Sami was as a teenage mother. If Sami's pregnancy with Will was a "planned" pregnancy, it was only planned in the sense that Sami simply wanted the baby so she could use it as a weapon to break up Carrie and Austin.

I also disagree that Mia didn't want to keep the baby at all. She wasn't looking for a huge payout or anything to selfishly benefit her with the kid, but simply wanted it to go to someone she thought could give it the best possible opportunity in life and was very much manipulated and deceived by Nicole.

Taelyn

IMissAremid
May 10 2009, 11:23 PM
In terms of mothers deserving their kids, I think Mia is actually light years more mature than Sami was as a teenage mother. If Sami's pregnancy with Will was a "planned" pregnancy, it was only planned in the sense that Sami simply wanted the baby so she could use it as a weapon to break up Carrie and Austin.

I also disagree that Mia didn't want to keep the baby at all. She wasn't looking for a huge payout or anything to selfishly benefit her with the kid, but simply wanted it to go to someone she thought could give it the best possible opportunity in life and was very much manipulated and deceived by Nicole.
Well she did want to give it up for adoption. But I never said she was selfish in that, lots of young mothers simply want a better home then they can give to their baby.
And her daughter being with Sami and Rafe assures that her daughter will grow up in a large and loving family, maybe not the wealth Nicole offered but I think Mia would prefer to simply know her baby is totally loved.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

IMissAremid

I'm on the same page as you!

Mia is miles more mature than Sami was at that age. I also agree that she only wanted what was best for the baby. She felt she couldn't provide the best for the newborn. Once she realizes how big of a mistake Nicole was, she will definitely fight for "her" baby.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Random question: How is Mia pronounced? My-ah or Me-ah?
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Me-ah

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Jinxie
May 11 2009, 07:10 PM
IMissAremid

Mia is miles more mature than Sami was at that age. I also agree that she only wanted what was best for the baby. She felt she couldn't provide the best for the newborn. Once she realizes how big of a mistake Nicole was, she will definitely fight for "her" baby.
Mia knew Nicole was faking a pregnancy and lying to her fiance when she decided to give her baby up (for cash). She came back to Salem after she failed at her Japanese flashdancing career. While I hate what Nicole did, let's hold off on the wings-and-halo fitting for Mia.

Furthermore, I'm neither a fan of Sami nor teens raising babies, but Sami at least had solid family support and parents who could financially help out, not to mention the baby's father (both presumptive and actual) was a known character on the show. Mia has no visible family support whatsoever and I've seen nothing to suggest she is emotionally or financially capable of raising an infant on her own.

The most likely outcome for Grace, assuming Corday abides by the "no more dead babies except for Nicole's" edict, would seem to be Mia deciding, a la Philip, after the reveal, that her baby would be better off with a two-parent family adopting her, through a legitimate adoption agency.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
May 11 2009, 07:18 PM
Jinxie
May 11 2009, 07:10 PM
IMissAremid

Mia knew Nicole was faking a pregnancy and lying to her fiance when she decided to give her baby up (for cash). She came back to Salem after she failed at her Japanese flashdancing career. While I hate what Nicole did, let's hold off on the wings-and-halo fitting for Mia.

Furthermore, I'm neither a fan of Sami nor teens raising babies, but Sami at least had solid family support and parents who could financially help out, not to mention the baby's father (both presumptive and actual) was a known character on the show. Mia has no visible family support whatsoever and I've seen nothing to suggest she is emotionally or financially capable of raising an infant on her own.

The most likely outcome for Grace, assuming Corday abides by the "no more dead babies except for Nicole's" edict, would seem to be Mia deciding, a la Philip, after the reveal, that her baby would be better off with a two-parent family adopting her, through a legitimate adoption agency.
While I agree that is a possible outcome I have a hunch in the end we will see Mia reunited with her baby and magically she will have the support of some relative or friend off screen - and that will take both Mia and the baby off the canvas. I really don't think there will be a place for Grace long term on the canvas - my gut tells me she is going to be worthy of quite a lot of angst for Sami/Rafe/EJ but once that story wraps, so will Grace. I really am hoping they don't kill the baby off, though - I cannot stand dead baby/children stories. :'(

Paxton
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 11 2009, 08:58 PM
While I agree that is a possible outcome I have a hunch in the end we will see Mia reunited with her baby and magically she will have the support of some relative or friend off screen - and that will take both Mia and the baby off the canvas. I really don't think there will be a place for Grace long term on the canvas - my gut tells me she is going to be worthy of quite a lot of angst for Sami/Rafe/EJ but once that story wraps, so will Grace. I really am hoping they don't kill the baby off, though - I cannot stand dead baby/children stories. :'(
Yes, that's also another credible possibility. I was thinking in terms of if Mia stuck around to be Will's girlfriend and become more or less permanent, they probably won't saddle her with a baby, unless they bring on more and more family for her which I am not in favor of them doing at this point. But one way or the other, I agree that Grace is probably not going to be on canvas for that much longer. I, like you, hope she leaves it alive and well.

Nicole Walker

I think they plan on keeping Mia around for a long time cause of Will. I don't know about Grace she could die or she could be adopted by Rafe or Sami. I'd love for Rafe to adopt her since he loves her already and he has no children.
Edited by Nicole Walker, May 12 2009, 12:33 AM.

Livie

the tragedy could involve grace having as daisy said leukemia..and needing a marrow donor..in which case mia could be the one..and dr baker could develop a conscience and tell her..or even ole nicole could turn out to be baby gramma..and she is old enough to qualify as a young mothers mother..and we do have a scene of nicole letting someone know what that green slime type in her veins is..so maybe nicole ends up being the savior of grace..if she has enough of a conscience to come forth..

this might be a more humane way of salvaging nicole. or we could have nicoles cousin ending up adopting the baby..thereby getting rid of an expensive baby without resorting to killing the child.

i think mia is on canvas long term. and may turn out to have nicole as her mum.

nonameyetlet ( i call sami's baby that as i refuse to let nicole name that child) will be around a long long time..while sami fights to get her back. rafe may help her, or he may not. something about the arianna part in this and the spoiler saying that she objects to rafe adopting grace..calling it deja vu all over again or something..

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Soaps.com spoilers

The Week of May 18:

Sami and Rafe have sex for the first time.

Stephanie tries to escape from Owen the gardener.

Stefano is administered a final dose of insulin.

Brady tells Bo he thinks Stephanie’s life is in danger.

Daniel finds Philip collapsed and calls for an ambulance.

Thursday May 21:
Sami tells Will that Rafe is adopting Grace.

Friday May 22:
Philip and EJ make plans to exchange Stephanie for Stefano.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/spoilers/

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Taelyn
May 10 2009, 09:28 PM
OK.. Ive never seen any spoiler or tease that Grace is going to die.
In all honesty and m not trying to ruffle feathers, but is this just wishful thinking..
She may get sick , But honestly .. she seems a very happy baby, and is only running 101 temp off and on (with no other symptoms) which as a Mom I can tell you is not high at all.

I do know a tragedy of sorts is coming this summer but it clearly says it involves Sami, Rafe, and EJ...Grace is never even mentioned

Also based on Ali's recent interview with soapnet, she made it sound as though the baby reveal could still take quite awhile, and she is filming summer scenes now well into July I think, so we know it wont happen before then.

I truly hope no child Dies.. I hate stories like that, One baby may have a medical probem, then again the tragedy may have nothing to do with either baby.

I just hate all this talk of Grace dieing.. Ive never read anything (Other then from posters/viewers) ever mention any possible problem with Grace.. a small temp is absolutely nothing to worry about (in real life) and babies get ear infections and teething issues, and small colds, all assortments of problems.. It all could be a tease.. I will be very very upset if they kill Grace especially since she has bonded more with the viewers.

If a baby dies (and I hope not) it should be Sydney IMO, She has not made an onscreen impact or bonded with viewers, has a great personality, and it could really create a very dramatic story between Nicole and EJ and Stephano, and perhaps if Nic comes cean trying to save Syd even Sami and Rafe and the Brady's, Not to mention it will drive Nicole totally over the edge..Also when Sami does find out.. I can only imagine the anger and even possible desire for revenge considering she was denied the chance to be with her child.
And even though im a TOTAL Safe fan .. it could create issues with her and Rafe becuse the only baby he knows is Grace and will have adopted her by then..And he wont want Sami seeking revenge.
It could bring some angst and tension which is fine cuz I think they will still survive it. And he will remind her they still have Grace to care for.
But my question still stands.. why do so many think Grace dies, when no spoiler has ever suggested that.
I don't think anyone on this board speculating that the tragedy is Grace dying is "wishful thinking". We're only giving what we think MIGHT be what the tragedy is inferring. The tragedy is said to involve Sami, Ej and Rafe. What's the common denominator there?? Grace. I guess something could happen with Sami, but with recent shows showing Grace running a fever, my guess is Grace.

Now, I'm not a fan of the idea that she will be killed off, but I still sense that's where this is going. There are too many babies on the show. I also think that Mia is intended to hang around to be in a storyline with Will. I don't THINK tptb are going to saddle her with a baby. I could be wrong.....Sami did have Will as a teenager. I agree with other posters, Mia is much more mature than Sami was at that age. So, it could be that Grace is just very ill and near death and it's revealed that Mia is her mother and a match and Grace survives....I just don't see how that will work longterm. We're still dealing with too many babies all tied to the same storyline.

Now as far as something happening to Sidney......I absolutely do not see that. BUT anything's possible. I just don't think that would fit into what seems to be the long range goal. It seems that the wrap up of this never ending storyline will be the reveal to Sami that Sidney is her daughter and the reveal to EJ that it's his daughter with Sami and Nicole covered it up. I can't wait for that............

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Angie79
May 12 2009, 01:18 PM

Why does Brady need to tell Bo this? Can't he see it in one of his "visions"?

Dawn7
Member Avatar

Angie79
Soaps.com spoilers

The Week of May 18:

Sami and Rafe have sex for the first time.

Stephanie tries to escape from Owen the gardener.

Stefano is administered a final dose of insulin.

Thursday May 21:

Friday May 22:
Philip and EJ make plans to exchange Stephanie for Stefano.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/spoilers/

thanks angie

i won't watch next week...too boring :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Quote:

Thursday May 21:

Oh Sami, Sami, Sami... :shame:

Paxton
Member Avatar

Angie79

Huh? This can't be due to the drugged lemonade he drinks on 5/13, can it? Are we in for another one of Salem's famous monthdays?

Thanks for posting, Angie!

vanjakefan1992
Member Avatar

So Sami and Rafe are gonna take it to the next level!! :rockon: :wub: :wub: :wub2:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Thanks...not interested,,as far as the baby is concerned,,are you guys kidding??They did not hesitate to let little Zack,be MOWED down like a dog,,AND the child of their reigning supercouple.,AND his sister did it..Grace can be killed off...would I like it..hell no.,..but I HATED it when it happened to Bope..just saying if you think this bunch of writers won't kill off a baby to further,their precious plot..I think you are mistaken..and I do not care what Ken C said either..if Tomlin wants this baby killed off,for the plot,it will happen...and no I will not like it.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

They need to chill with killing these babies on the show. Seriously. I love Grace/Sydney and was equally upset when the scribes killed Nicole's unborn child. I hope that they keep both of the babies. They're both precious.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply