Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of May 18th; *UPDATED 5/16*
Topic Started: May 5 2009, 10:10 PM (9,902 Views)
safecrush

Luvndool
May 16 2009, 11:31 AM
http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=754304&st=21800&#entry3897482

post #21803

Like I said, I'm still calling this a rumor until there is more info out there but this poster has been very reliable in the past. I don't know what his/her relationship to the set/cast is.
Well, looking at that specific poster previous posts and reliability I would have to call total rumor. Plus linking only to a fan thread is not viable.

Previous posts from this poster included: (Paraphrased)
1. Sami conveniences EJ that his plan for Stephanie is wrong for Monday May 18. (Not exactly or even close to what happens but I won't post what does because of spoiler potential)
2. On May 7, 2009, posted about an almost EJAMI kiss coming up that week. (I honestly don't remember it and I watch everyday).

So take what you want from it, but unless it comes from Angie or OBK I'm skeptical.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Luvndool

OK for the third time...I'm still calling it a rumor.

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=823444&st=0&#entry3897600

http://twitter.com/marqueemarc/status/1787264681

I agree the info is sketchy but its out there nonetheless. :-/

mirabella

Luvndool
May 16 2009, 01:06 PM

Thanks for trying to clarify this.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

More Daily spoilers

Monday, May 18th
Daniel finds Philip has collapsed, and starts to call for an ambulance; EJ runs into problems contacting Owen; Arianna and Rafe discuss Sami; Mia tells Brady that she lied to Will because she didn't want him to know the truth about her pregnancy.

Tuesday, May 19th
Sami and Rafe make love for the first time; Stefano is administered his final dose of insulin; Philip grows worried about Stephanie's whereabouts; Stephanie awakens and realizes she has been kidnapped; Brady and Arianna have a scratchy first meeting.

Wednesday, May 20th
Stephanie tries to escape from Owen; EJ informs Philip he has Stephanie, and Philip calls Victor; Arianna and Brady strike up a conversation after she accidentally spills hot coffee on him.

Thursday, May 21st
Sami tells Will that Rafe is adopting Grace; Arianna blows up at Rafe; Philip makes an impassioned plea to Victor; Nicole realizes EJ is hiding family business from her and tells him he can trust her with anything.

Friday, May 22nd
Philip and EJ make plans to exchange Stephanie for Stefano; Brady tells Bo he thinks Stephanie's life is in danger; Rafe and Arianna have a family discussion; Max introduces himself to Rafe; Will tells Mia about his fight with his mom.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Luvndool
May 16 2009, 01:06 PM

I kinda believe it since it came from the Marcellas twitter page (guy from Big Brother). He also says this:

Up & out @ an ungodly hour to go do Days Of Our Lives. Oh & I'm 8 minutes late & counting. M* #TV

Done! Finally w/Days. Headed 2 job interview 4 a casting gig. Extremely excited to possibly cast a show! M*

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It is odd that he says he won't give away anything on Y&R though (he was an extra on there too), but would say something that huge about DAYS:

No comment! They would kill me if I told the storyline! Besides I'm just background. I have no idea what's going on... :) M* #TV
Edited by Angie79, May 16 2009, 01:34 PM.

Luvndool

I honestly don't know what to believe. If its a true spoiler I hate it. :frownie:

I've seen it suggested elsewhere that it is a dream sequence but I really don't see that as viable. I can't imagine what would prompt any character to dream something like that.

I also think, if true, that it is Grace and not Sydney because most of the rumor tidbits are focused around Sami and the funeral...not Nicole. While both women would have a good reason to be upset at either child's passing, the focus of the rumor would more likely be on the "mother" (and I'm using that term VERY loosely). :ermm:

For those of you who want to shoot the messenger rather than taking the message for what its worth....whatev ^o)

For the rest B-)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

What the hell is Marcellas doing on soaps? LoL. I remember back on BB AllStars when he and Janelle made up their own soap opera "Radford Place." I could see him being more cautious about divulging Y and R info than DAYS because Y and R is more secretive these days and he probably would be more cautious of not wanting to burn bridges with CBS since he has that past relationship with them. I'm pretty sure I heard once that Big Brother and YandR tape pretty near each other.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

On Ali's twitter account she said: Whew. Have a big day today at days. Tough - I was at the BL after party till like 1!! on the same date that Marcellas said about the funeral scene (5/13).

ginababe
BANNED

hmm interesting!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I buy it.

We've all been saying for months now that it could happen and Grace did not get the best medical care to begin with. There have been hints this could happen and I don't think the show will want to have Mia raise a child. They seem to have other plans and I don't see her giving up the baby again once she learns it's her's.

It's always hard to tell these kind of stories. I never believed Corday when he said they would never kill a child again. I think this could be very good, if done right. My concern mostly lies with Ali and Galen because their acting is not usually good with this kind of material but I do think Ali at least can rise to the challenge. We'll see.

I'm just curious to see how they will do this and what will come of it. I don't think they can go the SIDS route. I would've liked that because of what happened with Marlena and Don's child and a few months ago when Sydney was sick EJ mentioned to Nicole how Sami worried about the twins and SIDS.

We'll see what happens but I do think there is enough evidence, both in this thread and on the show, to suggest they will likely go this route. They've already recasted Grace three times too, which makes me wonder why they bothered to do that if they were just going to go through with this but maybe they wanted a certain kind of baby for the situation.

jane1978

Iīm surprised so many people is afraid to believe this. We all know the only reason why we even see the babies so much is because of their dramatic potential. But Graceīs dramatic potential is almost gone. She did her job with the Safe story, she did her job bringing Mia closer to Will. She is about to turn into another "upstairs" baby. I donīt want to sound cynical, but is there anyone who is interested to see this total stranger baby growing up? We donīt even know her father! I doubt Mia the teen mother is a story producers are looking forward to tell and Sami has already so much babies (including the real Grace) that let her adopt another would make zero sense.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I hope it's true, I'm sick of all the babies on this show.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
May 16 2009, 11:52 PM
We'll see what happens but I do think there is enough evidence, both in this thread and on the show, to suggest they will likely go this route. They've already recasted Grace three times too, which makes me wonder why they bothered to do that if they were just going to go through with this but maybe they wanted a certain kind of baby for the situation.
A friend of mine suggested to me that Grace's recasts may have been in part to keep the audience from being too emotionally attached to her. Sydney is much more of a definite personality at this point. I think she might be right about that. I've also noticed that the new Grace does seem not only smaller and more "baby-ish" than her predecessor, but she almost looks sickly. The prior Grace seemed bloomingly healthy but this one, while precious as babies are, is not as robust.

ges
Member Avatar

The whole thing makes sense to me. I don't think they brought back Will just to become a surrogate teenage Dad. I think we will see a Mia who seeks revenge on Nicole, for betraying her and manipulating her all this time. I just can't see where Grace fits in when Nicole is revealed, and so I think they will take care of that problem well before the reveal so that there is only one baby to deal with. I don't think they want it to get to the point where Sammi is so attached to Grace that she wants to keep her anyway, as Mia might be very happy with that decision. She could see her all the time. It would be ideal. Boring, but ideal.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Paxton
May 17 2009, 09:11 AM
PhoenixRising05
A friend of mine suggested to me that Grace's recasts may have been in part to keep the audience from being too emotionally attached to her. Sydney is much more of a definite personality at this point. I think she might be right about that. I've also noticed that the new Grace does seem not only smaller and more "baby-ish" than her predecessor, but she almost looks sickly. The prior Grace seemed bloomingly healthy but this one, while precious as babies are, is not as robust.
I noticed that about the baby as well; it is a smaller and skinnier baby. I can see that theory being correct too. They claimed that did a recast the first time because the baby was crying when the actors held her. I was suprised when I noticed in the last week or so that they changed the baby AGAIN.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I also noticed that especially in the scenes with Sydney at the Java Cafe. Sami also said something about Grace actually finishing a whole bottle. It's sad, but I think little Grace is either going to be very ill and/or going to die. I hope GG and AS can rise to the occasion because SAFE and this part of the baby switch will be featured a lot in June.
Liz

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
May 17 2009, 09:11 AM
PhoenixRising05
That is an excellent point.

The new baby is rather tiny and sickly looking (I hate saying that but it's true) so, like Angie, I can buy this. it certainly is beginning to look like this will really happen, not that it's a surprise.

kemmies120

Jinxie
May 11 2009, 07:10 PM
IMissAremid
May 10 2009, 11:23 PM
In terms of mothers deserving their kids, I think Mia is actually light years more mature than Sami was as a teenage mother. If Sami's pregnancy with Will was a "planned" pregnancy, it was only planned in the sense that Sami simply wanted the baby so she could use it as a weapon to break up Carrie and Austin.

I also disagree that Mia didn't want to keep the baby at all. She wasn't looking for a huge payout or anything to selfishly benefit her with the kid, but simply wanted it to go to someone she thought could give it the best possible opportunity in life and was very much manipulated and deceived by Nicole.
I'm on the same page as you!

Mia is miles more mature than Sami was at that age. I also agree that she only wanted what was best for the baby. She felt she couldn't provide the best for the newborn. Once she realizes how big of a mistake Nicole was, she will definitely fight for "her" baby.
I agree..Mia is way more mature than Sami was at her age...hell maybe even more than sami now. :lol:

Nicole Walker

^So true.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply