Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Rafe; May 19th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 6 2009, 10:58 AM (2,836 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Galen Gering.

Sami and Rafe take Grace to a doctor's appointment, and Sami sees Dr. Baker and Nicole there. Sami leaves with Grace and doesn't say anything to Rafe. Gering explains that "[Rafe] realizes something weird is going on, but he doesn't know exactly what it is." Rafe runs after Sami, but he tries to not call attention to her.

Rafe follows Sami back to her apartment, where Gering says she is "freaking out" about Dr. Baker and Nicole. Sami is very worried that someone will find out that Grace is really Sami and EJ's baby. Rafe tells her not to worry, because Dr. Baker is bound by doctor-patient confidentiality.

Rafe's words fail to calm Sami down, however, so Rafe tells Sami that he'll take care of things. He tells her he'll go talk to Dr. Baker and make sure that he keeps Sami's secret.

Rafe finds Dr. Baker right before two "thugs" are going to beat him up! Gering explains that "it all happens so fast, there's no time for Rafe to think about what's going on". Gering says that Rafe is thinking, "This guy is obviously in need of a favor, and so am I." Rafe then fights off Dr. Baker's two attackers. Rafe then asks Dr. Baker some questions, but Gering explains that Dr. Baker "gives [Rafe] attitude". Rafe is incredulous since he just saved Dr. Baker's life! Rafe tells Dr. Baker he can have the two guys come back and finish Dr. Baker off, and then Dr. Baker explains to Rafe that he has gambing debts.

Rafe then asks Dr. Baker to please keep the fact that he delivered Sami's baby a secret. Dr. Baker agrees and tells Rafe that in any case, Rafe has no need to worry because he is leaving town.

Later, Rafe tells Sami that Dr. Baker is leaving Salem, so she has nothing to worry about. Gering explains that "Rafe's saved the day again", and Sami is very grateful. Gering concludes by saying that Sami and Rafe both don't want EJ to find out about Grace, because EJ will raise the baby as a DiMera. "Sami and Rafe both want Grace to have a chance. That is what is motivating all of this."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Not looking forward to AS's portrayal of Sami "freaking out," exactly, but this sounds ok. Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Daytime
Member Avatar

I have got the worse feeling that all this is going to backfire on Sami in a major way.

peaches179

Ellie
May 6 2009, 10:58 AM
Rafe follows Sami back to her apartment, where Gering says she is "freaking out" about Dr. Baker and Nicole.

Rafe's words fail to calm Sami down, however, so Rafe tells Sami that he'll take care of things.

You couldn't pay me to watch those scenes! Thanks, Ellie!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

Gering explains that "Rafe's saved the day again", and Sami is very grateful.

Oh for Pete's sake. How did he save the day?

Rose

Thanks Ellie!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Rafe fights off TWO attackers? LOL! I am just thinking back to him fighting the guy that was trying to kill Sami and how well that went.

Thanks, Ellie!

valerie

give rafe a break he a good guy i glad he protecting sami

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

rafe our HERO ;)

Alligato
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 6 2009, 11:08 AM
Not looking forward to AS's portrayal of Sami "freaking out," exactly, but this sounds ok. Thanks for posting, Ellie!
Pax - I swear sometimes we have the same mind. I rolled my eyes when reading this when it came to Sami freaking out. Dammit!

After she freaked out when she saw Rafe with his sister, I was thinking that it is written into AS's contract that she must be able to have a "freak out" scene once a week just to show her superior acting skills! LOL!

mirabella

Thanks for posting, Ellie! I look forward to watching this! LOL!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Look forward to this.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks for posting Ellie.

Im looking forward to these scenes, but then I look forward to all of Safe or Rafe scenes,, cuz he is just Yummy in the extreme.

For those who choose not to watch, I feel your pain having been in those shoes of hating a couple, and not being interested in watching them at all.
But the ratings seem to be going better then they have in over a year.. so it seems others are watching..

WAT TO GO SAFE
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Angie79
May 6 2009, 01:53 PM
Rafe fights off TWO attackers? LOL! I am just thinking back to him fighting the guy that was trying to kill Sami and how well that went.

Thanks, Ellie!
True but they needed him to get hurt, so Sami could cool off and wash down his sexy body .. :wub: :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Manda1

Taelyn
May 6 2009, 05:05 PM
Angie79

Thanks, Ellie!
True but they neded him to get hurt, so Sami could cool off and wash down his sexy body .. :wub: :wub:
Exactly! They had to get his shirt off in a scene some how.....kind of like they did with Brady's beating to get EM's shirt off.... :lol: :lol:

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the article Ellie! I am looking forward to this.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Galen seems like such a great guy, He truly has a very funny sarcastic wit about him too...
I love love love the way they always seem to like to be holding or touching eachother, and how Sami cant seem to stop smiling around Rafe.. It really is that "Love in bloom kinda feeling"

And Ive always felt he had that Hero appeal.. And Salem is lacking that aspect these days so I think Rafe fits the bill quite nicely..
Quote Post Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Angie79

Thanks, Ellie!
:laugh: For real!!!thanks Ellie!!

samixxx
Member Avatar

Taelyn
May 6 2009, 07:06 PM
Galen seems like such a great guy, He truly has a very funny sarcastic wit about him too...
I love love love the way they always seem to like to be holding or touching eachother, and how Sami cant seem to stop smiling around Rafe.. It really is that "Love in bloom kinda feeling"

And Ive always felt he had that Hero appeal.. And Salem is lacking that aspect these days so I think Rafe fits the bill quite nicely..
IA! Salem is definately lacking in that hero aspect. We have fathers planning murders, abuses people and desk, of other men's sons and that is who we are to root for? :o Don't think so. There needs to be that one that is above physical, mental and emotional abuse towards woman and children. IMO

Red Mist
Member Avatar

This sounds utterly cheesy...and sadly I am all out of elbow mac. Thanks Angie!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply