Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Owen kidnaps Stephanie!; May 19th issues; Summary of articles
Topic Started: May 6 2009, 11:25 AM (3,452 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Wes Ramsey, and this week's SOW features an interview with Shelley Hennig.

Victor throws a spur-of-the-moment engagement party for Stephanie and Philip. Caroline comes to the party, and she's shocked that her granddaughter is engaged to a Kiriakis. She warns Stephanie about what her life will be like if she marries Philip. She tries to change Stephanie's mind, but Stephanie remains firm in her commitment to Philip.

Caroline leaves, but Philip has seen her talking with Stephanie. Hennig explains that Philip "pretty much assumes what Caroline said to her. It's written all over her face." Philip tells Stephanie that they will have guards around the clock, but Stephanie is still worried, because even though Philip had guards in the hospital, someone still tried to kill him.

However, SOW explains that Stephanie's worry is well-founded, since Owen, the Kiriakis gardener, is actually an employee of the DiMeras. "He's a double agent!", Ramsey tells SOD. "For a couple of years, he's been spying on the Kiriakis family. It was kept very secretive between Stefano and Owen." Owen tells EJ about Philip and Stephanie's engagement, and EJ tells Owen what his next move should be. Owen then returns to the Kiriakis mansion, and he drugs Stephanie's glass of lemonade.

However, Hennig explains that Philip drinks the lemonade, not Stephanie. "It's like a French farce," says Ramsey. Philip then says he's not feeling well, so he goes upstairs to bed.

Stephanie then goes out to the terrace, where she sees Owen. However, Melanie arrives and begins confronting Stephanie about Stephanie's unease in being engaged to Philip. "Steph doesn't want to hear it and tells Melanie it's none of her business", Hennig explains. Philip then walks out. He's heard some of the conversation, and he's upset about it. He tells Melanie to leave.

Stephanie and Philip go back inside, and then Philip "starts going off on [Stephanie]," Hennig says. Philip tells Stephanie that he knows she doesn't want to marry him, and Hennig says "he's acting all angry and weird." They have a huge argument, and Stephanie finally tells Philip, "Well, maybe we shouldn't get married." Stephanie is very upset and goes back outside.

At that point, Owen sneaks up behind Stephanie and chloroforms her! Ramsey says, "Owen's gut told him not to do it, he didn't want to do it, but EJ threatened his life." SOW explains that "the next time viewers see [Stephanie], she's lying on a slab in a morgue." Hennig says that Stephanie "wakes up in a cramped place and she's claustrophobic. She doesn't know what is going on."

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

How exactly are they going to explain Steve and Kayla's absence during Stephanie's engagement party and her getting kidnapped? This is why it was stupid of them to just write them out as still living in Salem..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

It's like a French farce? That doesn't bode well, I'm afraid, but at least there's finally some action re: Philip and Stephanie.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

I used to like Stephanie & Phillip, now I'm tired of the endless make up/break ups. Maybe Owen can add some excitement back into their story.

Rose

Thanks Ellie!

esp13
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
May 6 2009, 11:27 AM
How exactly are they going to explain Steve and Kayla's absence during Stephanie's engagement party and her getting kidnapped? This is why it was stupid of them to just write them out as still living in Salem..
Oh, I'm sure they are just out of town again -- if they get mentioned at all this time.

Daytime
Member Avatar

This is just silly...

that's all

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I STILL don't think I've ever seen an episode with Owen in it.

So he's a reluctant DiMera henchman? Is this setting up Stephanie and Owen?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
May 6 2009, 11:25 AM
However, SOW explains that Stephanie's worry is well-founded, since Owen, the Kiriakis gardener, is actually an employee of the DiMeras. "He's a double agent!", Ramsey tells SOD. "For a couple of years, he's been spying on the Kiriakis family. It was kept very secretive between Stefano and Owen."
LOL, it sure was secretive! Very secretive indeed. So secretive, Stefano never breathed a word of it to anyone. It's a good thing he's so forward-thinking, just in case he ever got into a feud with the Kirakii, he's all ready to go.

Ellie

Paxton
May 6 2009, 11:49 AM
Ellie
However, SOW explains that Stephanie's worry is well-founded, since Owen, the Kiriakis gardener, is actually an employee of the DiMeras. "He's a double agent!", Ramsey tells SOD. "For a couple of years, he's been spying on the Kiriakis family. It was kept very secretive between Stefano and Owen."
LOL, it sure was secretive! Very secretive indeed. So secretive, Stefano never breathed a word of it to anyone. It's a good thing he's so forward-thinking, just in case he ever got into a feud with the Kirakii, he's all ready to go.
LOL! I wondered the exact same thing when I read it. And when Stefano was in his coma last year after Marlena drugged him, who gave Owen his orders then? Just curious.

michelle
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 6 2009, 11:49 AM
Ellie
LOL! :laugh:

jane1978

Sounds good. My quess Owen is the new, younger version of Tony, someone who would love to get out but cannot because he is part of the family. I have no doubt he will fall for Steph now and will be the new thread for the Steph/Phillip happiness after Mel moves on. He is probably the guy who would love to run with Steph to Greece.

sungrey

I'll do ya one better, Jane... I think Owen is a wild guy with a sensitive side. And I'll just betcha Stephanie finds that sensitive side.

Sound familiar? All that's missing is a patch. It's Steve and Kayla, Part 2.

I'm still looking forward to seeing how it plays out, but considering I watched the original... :)

Bradyclan

Finally, Wes/Owen is going to spice up the boring Steph/Phil storyline.
Edited by Bradyclan, May 6 2009, 01:00 PM.

mirabella

Thanks for posting, Ellie. It does sound like Stephanie and Phillip will be getting a little more excitement in their storyline.

Ives
Member Avatar

esp13
May 6 2009, 11:34 AM
Kevc1980
May 6 2009, 11:27 AM
Oh, I'm sure they are just out of town again -- if they get mentioned at all this time.
So they are showing Caroline's reaction to Stephanie's engagement? Yes, Steve and Kayla should not still be in Salem - how could we NOT see Steve's reaction to all of this?

And it will be pretty strange to not see S&K's reaction to Stephanie's kidnapping since they are supposed to be right in Salem. I guess it would have required at least one more day of screen time to send them to CA or somewhere. And since Corday didn't even tell them they had filmed their last scenes until after they were done filming them . . . I feel a little bitter about that.
Edited by Ives, May 6 2009, 04:14 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I got a question for regular watchers. How the hell is this story going to end? Are they just going to get tired of these kidnappings and say to hell with it? It'll be so lame if someone gets hurt ... cause there is no one the show now they'd kill off, and then both decide it's best to end things. I only see a lame ending to this "story"

Please enlighten me to better avenues you think are possible.
Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

sungrey
May 6 2009, 12:56 PM
I'll do ya one better, Jane... I think Owen is a wild guy with a sensitive side. And I'll just betcha Stephanie finds that sensitive side.

I'm still looking forward to seeing how it plays out, but considering I watched the original... :)
Much like Sami and Rafe are supposed to be Marlena and Roman, Part Two

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
May 6 2009, 04:23 PM
I got a question for regular watchers. How the hell is this story going to end? Are they just going to get tired of these kidnappings and say to hell with it? It'll be so lame if someone gets hurt ... cause there is no one the show now they'd kill off, and then both decide it's best to end things. I only see a lame ending to this "story"

Please enlighten me to better avenues you think are possible.
My guess?

It won't end. My feeling all along was that they wanted to set the stage for EJ to become Stefano. That is why they put him in a story where both women in his life are lying to him and why they had him slowly work his way back to his dark side.

He is now positioned to be the next big villain in Salem, just as he was when he first came on. My feeling is that Stefano will either be killed off or just written out and this will just keep continuing on like the Brady/Dimera stuff because it provides a dramatic backdrop for the show. Outside of that, I have no idea what else may happen.

As for this, it sounds good. I will admit that I've always suspected that they may try a Steve/Kayla like story with Owen and Stephanie if they have chemistry and take off. I love Philip and Stephanie but I have to admit that I have my doubts about them in the future. As always, I'm open to things so we'll see but whoever said it sounds like this could be Steve and Kayla redux is likely right. Owen seems conflicted so they are already showing signs of his good side.

I also like what they've done with Melanie. They took her out of the story for awhile to make her likable to others and now they are slowly working her back in. I'm excited about where things are going here.

I also like the use of history with Caroline. Can't wait for those scenes. Yes, Steve and Kayla should be here and it's likely they will mention them but use some sort of excuse like during Philip's shooting. It's really stupid that they just didn't give them some sort of exit. I really don't understand that to this day because they just created problems for themselves.

Deleted User
Deleted User

brimike
May 6 2009, 04:27 PM
sungrey
May 6 2009, 12:56 PM

Much like Sami and Rafe are supposed to be Marlena and Roman, Part Two
It's obvious the only thing Days is doing is making as many fanbases as possible and when one of the actors finally quits out of sheer boredom ... a la Jay Johnson in the Broe/Phloe triangle, only then will things commence ... maybe.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply