Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Owen kidnaps Stephanie!; May 19th issues; Summary of articles
Topic Started: May 6 2009, 11:25 AM (3,488 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
May 6 2009, 04:27 PM
sungrey
May 6 2009, 12:56 PM
I'll do ya one better, Jane... I think Owen is a wild guy with a sensitive side. And I'll just betcha Stephanie finds that sensitive side.

Sound familiar? All that's missing is a patch. It's Steve and Kayla, Part 2.

I'm still looking forward to seeing how it plays out, but considering I watched the original... :)
Much like Sami and Rafe are supposed to be Marlena and Roman, Part Two
That may have been the plan but it did not turn out that way.

They are quite different, especially since Sami is a nutcase at times LOL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Is Wes Ramsey/Owen actually on contract? I read a spoiler a while back, saying Adam Carrington... oops Gordon Thomson is going to play his father, so they may have long term plans for him. But does anyone know for sure if Owen is a long term character?

lastDays
Member Avatar

Don't tell me we get another Sami/Rafe story? Its Dena repeating herself all over again :drunk:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lastDays
May 6 2009, 05:01 PM
Don't tell me we get another Sami/Rafe story? Its Dena repeating herself all over again :drunk:
How is this another Sami/Rafe story?

More like another Steve/Kayla story then a Sami/Rafe story and that's if it happens like some of us think it will. It could still end up turning out differently.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I'm excited if this Owen guy turns out to like Stephanie. I want to get into another couple and have always like Phil, but this Stephanie is sooo wish-washy...the whole relationship in general. I'm also liking Mel, so this quad I may go for!

It also bodes well that theyre establishing Owen's roots by bringing in his dad....great choice in hiring GT!!!
Liz

jane1978

Amello
May 6 2009, 04:30 PM
brimike
sungrey
I'll do ya one better, Jane... I think Owen is a wild guy with a sensitive side. And I'll just betcha Stephanie finds that sensitive side.

I'm still looking forward to seeing how it plays out, but considering I watched the original... :)
It's obvious the only thing Days is doing is making as many fanbases as possible and when one of the actors finally quits out of sheer boredom ... a la Jay Johnson in the Broe/Phloe triangle, only then will things commence ... maybe.
I agree but I think itīs a good thing. I can honestly say I donīt have any favorite couple right now and watch just for the stories and itīs amazing how different experience it makes. I like Phillip and Stephanie, but at the same time donīt have trouble to admit she is not the most exciting person on earth and Iīm as much excited for the little Mel/Phillip adventure Molly Burnett spoiled in her interview. I do think Sami and EJ still have a chemistry but Iīm really enjoying the classic slow romantic way they are building Rafe and Sami as well. Iīm excited with Nicol and Brady but if he gets involved with Arianna before, why not.

I think what the show does very well is the "nobody is perfect" notion which puts all the variants on more even ground. Itīs still heavily couplebased, which I think is the key to its recent relative rating success, but there are no supercouples anymore, just normal couples and characters with all kinds of imperfections. It doesnīt have the pull to make me obsessed fan like during J/Jīs heyday and few other times, but it also doesnīt make me so frustrated and angry and spitefull like when things didnīt go well for my couple. Iīm now open to all variant and as long as the show still entertains me Iīm fine.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
May 6 2009, 05:15 PM
Amello
brimike
sungrey

It's obvious the only thing Days is doing is making as many fanbases as possible and when one of the actors finally quits out of sheer boredom ... a la Jay Johnson in the Broe/Phloe triangle, only then will things commence ... maybe.
I agree but I think itīs a good thing. I can honestly say I donīt have any favorite couple right now and watch just for the stories and itīs amazing how different experience it makes. I like Phillip and Stephanie, but at the same time donīt have trouble to admit she is not the most exciting person on earth and Iīm as much excited for the little Mel/Phillip adventure Molly Burnett spoiled in her interview. I do think Sami and EJ still have a chemistry but Iīm really enjoying the classic slow romantic way they are building Rafe and Sami as well. Iīm excited with Nicol and Brady but if he gets involved with Arianna before, why not.

I think what the show does very well is the "nobody is perfect" notion which puts all the variants on more even ground. Itīs still heavily couplebased, which I think is the key to its recent relative rating success, but there are no supercouples anymore, just normal couples and characters with all kinds of imperfections. It doesnīt have the pull to make me obsessed fan like during J/Jīs heyday and few other times, but it also doesnīt make me so frustrated and angry and spitefull like when things didnīt go well for my couple. Iīm now open to all variant and as long as the show still entertains me Iīm fine.
Wonderful post.

I like how wide open the canvas is. Sure, you have couples the show wants you to root for but you can tell that they are open to other pairings too. You don't feel like the show is locked in to only way of thinking and that is a good thing because that makes things more unpredictable. That is the best thing about the show right now. The unpredictability. The show may be using old school and cliched soap stories but the directions it's been taking stories and characters in has been unexpected at times. Who would've thought back when the baby switch and the whole thing with Stephanie/Philip/Melanie and the fuel story started that it would all tie into and intersect into this this feud story? It's been exciting to see unfold and the show has done a good job of intertwining most of it's stories on the canvas.

madelinehawaii

jane1978
May 6 2009, 12:14 PM
Sounds good. My quess Owen is the new, younger version of Tony, someone who would love to get out but cannot because he is part of the family. I have no doubt he will fall for Steph now and will be the new thread for the Steph/Phillip happiness after Mel moves on. He is probably the guy who would love to run with Steph to Greece.

the guy sounds like another version of Patrick Lockhart

ladyjetski99
Member Avatar

I prefer Philip save Stephanie from kidnapped Owen. Let philip marry Stephanie and happy couple but Owen deserve it for hurt Stephanie in the way. my opinion is Philip stay with Stephanie till get married.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Let me guess,,,Stef will be "drawn to this OWEN"much like her Mother was drawn to bad guy Steve..yet she loves Phil...but Phil is a bad guy,,and OWen well he is "pretending"to be bad..and Stef will have to chose

sungrey

PhoenixRising05
May 6 2009, 06:16 PM
jane1978
May 6 2009, 05:15 PM
Amello
brimike

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Wonderful post.

I like how wide open the canvas is. Sure, you have couples the show wants you to root for but you can tell that they are open to other pairings too. You don't feel like the show is locked in to only way of thinking and that is a good thing because that makes things more unpredictable. That is the best thing about the show right now. The unpredictability. The show may be using old school and cliched soap stories but the directions it's been taking stories and characters in has been unexpected at times. Who would've thought back when the baby switch and the whole thing with Stephanie/Philip/Melanie and the fuel story started that it would all tie into and intersect into this this feud story? It's been exciting to see unfold and the show has done a good job of intertwining most of it's stories on the canvas.
That's because they've destroyed pretty much all the couples except Bo and Hope. :)

What's left behind, however, has actually been a pretty decent show. I'm not exactly the craziest about Steph and Phil, but given the hands dealt Days (Darin Brooks leaving, etc.) this was probably the best way to go for the soap.

I've been wanting them to do a DiMera vs. Kiriakis story for a long time, and so far it's been good (well, except for one thing... losing Thaao stunk.)

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
May 6 2009, 04:29 PM
I also like what they've done with Melanie. They took her out of the story for awhile to make her likable to others and now they are slowly working her back in. I'm excited about where things are going here.

Taking her out of Philip's story made Melanie more likeable for me temporarily (until they had her kiss Brady), but putting her back in his story puts her back into unlikeable territory for me. I'm not accepting her as a love interest for Philip under any circumstances. I don't care for Stephanie as his love interest either but I guess if I have to choose between boredom and seething rage I'll take boredom.

I do think that Owen and Stephanie are definitely being chem-tested and that if they take off, Philip and Stephanie are over. With Melanie getting a new love interest, I hold out hope I might once again be interested in a romantic pairing for Philip.

Bradyclan

Give Philip a woman , please! I'm curious to see if Steph /Owen will have chem.

Steph doesn't seem to have chem in alot of her pairings. While I didn't like Stax , I think she had most chemistry with Max.

Daysnet Australia
Member Avatar

Anyone got any of the JPI images of the kidnapping? I've seen one where Owen puts the chloroform over Stephanie's mouth but I've also seen one where she's unconscious on the slab and Owen is there with her. I would love this photo. In fact any photos of DAYS "on set" - I believe a pictures speaks a thousand words and certainly better than some of the articles we've been reading.

If you have any pictures please please please send them to me. I just love photos and certainly won't put them on any web sites - there aren't any out there for photos I can tell you.

Kris
Melbourne, Australia
daysnetaustralia@yahoo.com.au

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Looks like you are on the web from australia.

Can you see this site?

It's one of the most reliable for screenshots.

http://chit-chat-haven.com/days2009/may09/05.15.2009/pg4.htm

Wes Fan

I love Wes. I'm so disappointed they have made him kind of weak and mousey. It doesn't suit him. He's too strong of an actor. I was hoping for more "Evil Wyatt" than "Good Wyatt without his powers hiding behind his mommy". This Owen guy doesn't do it for me.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

PhoenixRising05
May 6 2009, 04:29 PM
Amello
May 6 2009, 04:23 PM
I got a question for regular watchers. How the hell is this story going to end? Are they just going to get tired of these kidnappings and say to hell with it? It'll be so lame if someone gets hurt ... cause there is no one the show now they'd kill off, and then both decide it's best to end things. I only see a lame ending to this "story"

Please enlighten me to better avenues you think are possible.
My guess?

It won't end. My feeling all along was that they wanted to set the stage for EJ to become Stefano. That is why they put him in a story where both women in his life are lying to him and why they had him slowly work his way back to his dark side.

He is now positioned to be the next big villain in Salem, just as he was when he first came on. My feeling is that Stefano will either be killed off or just written out and this will just keep continuing on like the Brady/Dimera stuff because it provides a dramatic backdrop for the show. Outside of that, I have no idea what else may happen.

I just don't see this happening. James Scott has been widely considered one of the hottest men on not just DAYS, but on soaps in general - so why would they ruin the potential of using him as a romantic leading man? If he is the uber villian in town it basically takes him out of any real pairings because I just don't see him winding up with either Nicole or Sami if that's the case. If he becomes an uber villian as a result of their lies, those relationships will be toast.

At this point he's both too young and too damned good looking to be essentially put out to pasture. No more shirtless EJ scenes? No more love scenes? I just can't imagine they'd go there with him - at least not yet.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply