Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbits
Topic Started: May 8 2009, 02:03 PM (2,826 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

*Mia’s cousin Jamie, played by Brie Gabrielle, interrupts a tender moment between Will & Mia on Friday May 29.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

* New babies on the show! Ailisha and Julia O'Connor are now playing Grace, as per a studio rep!
Edited by Angie79, May 12 2009, 01:30 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

never in my life have a seen a newbie character, bring so many newbies onto the canvas, wtf cares about Mia and her friends/family? this is so lame!

TFP, angie!
Edited by ginababe, May 8 2009, 02:06 PM.

Ellie

Thanks Angie!

I just googled her - if it's the same girl (which it seems like it is), she was 'Miss Teen Malibu 2007'. Wonder if Days is starting a new 'teen scene'? Hmmmm.....

lastDays
Member Avatar

ginababe
May 8 2009, 02:06 PM
never in my life have a seen a newbie character, bring so many newbies onto the canvas, wtf cares about Mia and her friends/family? this is so lame!

TFP, angie!
AMEN :cheer: Not only Mia getting family,its also Rafe getting a sister,and the gardner Owen who kidnaps Steph is getting a father :soapbox: Dena is f>>>ing this show left and right.Instesd of focusing on Salem families,she brings in some that we couldn't give a s**t about. his show is going to implode with the ramming of so many newbies down our throats.Whats next? Doc Baker's niece? :drunk:

jules

ginababe

TFP, angie!
It's not Days of our Life anymore. It's Days, the next generation and the influx of newbies will continue.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lastDays
May 8 2009, 02:25 PM
ginababe

TFP, angie!
AMEN :cheer: Not only Mia getting family,its also Rafe getting a sister,and the gardner Owen who kidnaps Steph is getting a father :soapbox: Dena is f>>>ing this show left and right.Instesd of focusing on Salem families,she brings in some that we couldn't give a s**t about. his show is going to implode with the ramming of so many newbies down our throats.Whats next? Doc Baker's niece? :drunk:
While I agree more Horton's are needed, you can't keep bringing on more and more from established families because you run into incest (see Max and his his nieces).

I really don't see where the show is going nuts with this. Mia's cousin could be nothing more then a one day stint or recurring. Owen's father is said to be a limited run and, even if it gets extended, it will likely be recurring.

Rafe has been with the show for months so bringing on someone from his family to give him someone to interact with outside of Sami is a smart move.

In the 80's, they did the same thing with Roman. He came on and then they slowly brought on the Brady family. That is how you keep the canvas fresh and infuse it with new energy. You can't keep circling the drain. New blood is needed. The Horton's are the only core family right now I would like to see expanded a bit more and I think that can work because there won't be much chance of incest unless your pair a Horton with Lucas, Hope, or Will.

jane1978

ginababe

TFP, angie!
I do! Seriously, I donīt see where is the problem. There has to be some outside characters besides the main families. And I hope we all agree Will is an important character and he deserves more than some anonymous girlfriend. Besides, Iīm really happy the show decided to use Mia, character we already know something about, rather than create a completely new girl.

I doubt the cousin is a large part, probably just some recurring character so Mia has someone to talk to, to live with and to reflect on the story when she is not with Will. Itīs logical. Itīs the reason why Rafe has now Arianna, why Sami used to have Jamie and Belle Mimi. If they want to make the Will/Mia couple interesting, we need to see what Mia thinks and wants, what she really feels for Will and what are her fears and desires. Just watching today they used Maggie and it was awkward because there is no reason why Maggie should care, nor why Mia should confide in her. If she had the same talk with her cousin it would be perfecly natural.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

This is without a doubt the worst teen group Days have had. I can't stand Mia or Will, talk about boring actors.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sindacco
May 8 2009, 03:23 PM
This is without a doubt the worst teen group Days have had. I can't stand Mia or Will, talk about boring actors.
You have every right to your opinion, and you should know I don't watch and very much believe they suck, HOWEVER I got two names for you ...

Tanner & Molly ... shudders...

Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Amello
May 8 2009, 03:29 PM
Sindacco
You have every right to your opinion, and you should know I don't watch and very much believe they suck, HOWEVER I got two names for you ...

LOL, I never saw them. But of all the teen groups I have seen on Days, these are the worst.

ginababe
BANNED

who is tanner and molly?

Deleted User
Deleted User

ginababe
May 8 2009, 11:37 PM
who is tanner and molly?
Terrible creatures in days past that for your sake should just be left alone LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
May 8 2009, 03:29 PM
Sindacco

SUPERB point :laugh: .

Also, while I didn't mind the late 90's/early 2000's teen group, they had some pretty bad actors too. Storms and Cook were hit or miss. Nadia was..Nadia. Kyle Lowder was hit or miss. Heather Olsen and the guy that played Jason blew. Farah Fath started off ok but fell apart. The difference was they wrote them as real teens...most of the time. Sometimes the show relied way too much on stereotypes and there was too much preaching.

In terms of overall talent, the last teen/young generation was the best. Rachel Melvin, Ashley Benson, Darin Brooks, and Blake Berris. Hell, I will throw Shelley Hennig in there since she has shown alot more talent then most of the teen scene I mentioned above. They were a great young set.

This one is still early to tell, especially since we only have two teens so it's not even really a teen set. Taylor Sprietler to me has prove her worth as Mia. She's likable and can handle emotional material. She lights up around Arianne Zucker too. They play well off each other. I like Dylan Patton as Will but I think that is because I like his look and, much like Galen Gering. I feel like the role suits him. Will is being written as a typical teen so Patton's stiffness and lazy at times delivery works IMO. However, I need to see more from him before I can say he will be the next big thing. He actually kind of reminds me of Arianne Zucker in her first year on Days before she came alive as a vixen. Maybe Dylan Patton will come alive once Will matures more and gets edgier. Right now, there isn't much to him but once they do more with developing him, he may just take off and prove himself.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK now I'm curious.

I wasn't watching DOOL then but apparently the actress who played Molly Brinker went on to a short-lived show I did watch (the nighttime soap "Savannah" that also starred Jamie Luner).

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/molly.php

Given that it sounds like Tanner and Molly's storyline was her getting raped by a professor who had also raped Tanner's mom and driven her to suicide and then her mom and his brother also falling in love, I could see that being worse than Mia and Will simply lacking charisma or polish or excitement in their roles.

Oh and I guess Tanner was played by a young Michael Easton (John McBain, OLTL).

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/tanner.php

CRAZY!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

If Mia's cousin is coming does that mean we'll see where Mia is living now? ^o)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

~Rhi~
May 8 2009, 11:54 PM
If Mia's cousin is coming does that mean we'll see where Mia is living now? ^o)
Isn't she just living in the apartment she was in when she first came to the show? That was my thinking. Nicole did give her money and it is possible she didn't spend all of it. Plus, she made some money in Japan so perhaps that is how she is affording to live in the same apartment. I've noticed the show has Mia avoiding anyone seeing where she lives. Will wanted to pick her up and she said no so my feeling was that she doesn't want anyone to know she is living alone and where she is living. I think they mentioned today that her parents live nearby too so it would make sense for her to be living in the apartment.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, May 9 2009, 12:00 AM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I am sure I'm in the minority, but I love Will and Mia....both of them have improved miles than what they were when they first came on...they were both kinda blah but really have grown on me..the only others are Tad and Kinsey who its way too early to judge, if they even last.

But still, I really like Mia/TS and Will/DP. And let me just say right here and NOW that I'd take DP over Chris Gerse anyday....but also, I feel that both of them were just really nervous or something when they came on. Taylor got better though and Dylan's getting better I feel.

And while it is still really early, they aren't like the 1999-2002 Salem Teen scene yet. We all know that was bad....Shawn/Belle really only came to life fully under Brandon Beemer and Martha Madison...I've always been really on/off with Nadia, but I like her...Farah is a good actress depending on what she's playing. But Mimi was dreadful after the teen years.

Oh, and the others were just too minor for me to give an opinion on...now unlike everyone else, I liked Heather Olson....but then the amazingness that is Heather Lindell came along and blew her out of the water. That is one of the very few cases that I've ever seen a recast make a role their own by just being on the show for one year.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

You know I'm just thinking about it and I'm not sure I know where half the people on this show live.

At least it makes sense for Mia to be homeless, if that's the case, given her situation.

But where does Rafe live? The convent?

And where do Lucas and Chloe live?

Does Stephanie (at least before she was asked to move in with Phillip) live in that apartment Steve and Kayla got that had been EJ's before he moved into the DiMansion?

daysfan
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 9 2009, 12:07 AM
You know I'm just thinking about it and I'm not sure I know where half the people on this show live.

At least it makes sense for Mia to be homeless, if that's the case, given her situation.

But where does Rafe live? The convent?

And where do Lucas and Chloe live?

Does Stephanie (at least before she was asked to move in with Phillip) live in that apartment Steve and Kayla got that had been EJ's before he moved into the DiMansion?
Don't Lucas/Chloe live at the Horton Cabin or somewhere up there?

Stephanie was living with Chelsea in that apartment(Lucas's old one, I think) before Chelsea left for London.

As for Rafe...I have no damn idea. :P

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

If Mia's homeless I want to know where she goes to take showers or whatever and where she gets her nice clothes!

I guess it just makes me peeved because she's a teenager with no other family ties on the show as of now except for Grace, but it's probably like PR said about her living in that apartment she did before.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply