Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbits
Topic Started: May 8 2009, 02:03 PM (2,733 Views)
sungrey

Amello
May 8 2009, 03:29 PM
Sindacco
May 8 2009, 03:23 PM
This is without a doubt the worst teen group Days have had. I can't stand Mia or Will, talk about boring actors.
You have every right to your opinion, and you should know I don't watch and very much believe they suck, HOWEVER I got two names for you ...

Tanner & Molly ... shudders...

The show was so much better back then, though... lol

But you are right. That was an attempt to create a supercouple where one didn't exist.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
May 9 2009, 12:06 AM
I am sure I'm in the minority, but I love Will and Mia....both of them have improved miles than what they were when they first came on...they were both kinda blah but really have grown on me..the only others are Tad and Kinsey who its way too early to judge, if they even last.

But still, I really like Mia/TS and Will/DP. And let me just say right here and NOW that I'd take DP over Chris Gerse anyday....but also, I feel that both of them were just really nervous or something when they came on. Taylor got better though and Dylan's getting better I feel.

And while it is still really early, they aren't like the 1999-2002 Salem Teen scene yet. We all know that was bad....Shawn/Belle really only came to life fully under Brandon Beemer and Martha Madison...I've always been really on/off with Nadia, but I like her...Farah is a good actress depending on what she's playing. But Mimi was dreadful after the teen years.

Oh, and the others were just too minor for me to give an opinion on...now unlike everyone else, I liked Heather Olson....but then the amazingness that is Heather Lindell came along and blew her out of the water. That is one of the very few cases that I've ever seen a recast make a role their own by just being on the show for one year.
I agree.

I like the characters and I like Taylor alot. Dylan needs work but he's only been here for two months. Give him time.

Tad and Kinsey are nothing, really. Kinsey doesn't even go to Salem High and it was evident to me she is not sticking around. I kind of like Tad and the actor who plays him so I wouldn't mind him being recurring because Will could use a male friend to interact with but I really don't see Tad becoming a huge character or anything.

I don't expect a huge teen scene. First off, there is no room in the budget for a Salem High set like there was for the last big teen scene. The show lucked out with the group that was led by Chelsea and Abby because there really wasn't a need for a set and they were aged to college-aged pretty quickly. Secondly, there aren't very many choices out there to add to the teen scene. I know some thing the show is going newbie crazy but I disagree and I think the show has no intention of having Will be the only person in a teen scene that is part of a core family. No way. Just look back at all the past teen and young sets. Most of them have always been members of core families or connected in some way to someone on the canvas and, usually, anyone new with no connections starts off recurring or in nothing but a supporting role. I don't expect the show to go nuts here. I think maybe we will get one or two more teen character. The father of Mia's baby may be one but, to me, he may just be a temporary character. I suspect they will get one or two people to be a threat to Mia and Will so they can form a triangle or quad.

To me, the show is content with a small number of teens. It's young enough as it is now. I think it just wants to represent each age group and it has that now. I think they have more plans to build on the other age groups, which are the primary focus of the show, then they do on the teen scene.

ginababe
BANNED

Rafe, I thought lived w/ Sami.. she mentioned he "moved out" at one point.

daysfan
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
May 9 2009, 12:24 AM
daysfan
I am sure I'm in the minority, but I love Will and Mia....both of them have improved miles than what they were when they first came on...they were both kinda blah but really have grown on me..the only others are Tad and Kinsey who its way too early to judge, if they even last.

But still, I really like Mia/TS and Will/DP. And let me just say right here and NOW that I'd take DP over Chris Gerse anyday....but also, I feel that both of them were just really nervous or something when they came on. Taylor got better though and Dylan's getting better I feel.

And while it is still really early, they aren't like the 1999-2002 Salem Teen scene yet. We all know that was bad....Shawn/Belle really only came to life fully under Brandon Beemer and Martha Madison...I've always been really on/off with Nadia, but I like her...Farah is a good actress depending on what she's playing. But Mimi was dreadful after the teen years.

Oh, and the others were just too minor for me to give an opinion on...now unlike everyone else, I liked Heather Olson....but then the amazingness that is Heather Lindell came along and blew her out of the water. That is one of the very few cases that I've ever seen a recast make a role their own by just being on the show for one year.
I agree.

I like the characters and I like Taylor alot. Dylan needs work but he's only been here for two months. Give him time.

Tad and Kinsey are nothing, really. Kinsey doesn't even go to Salem High and it was evident to me she is not sticking around. I kind of like Tad and the actor who plays him so I wouldn't mind him being recurring because Will could use a male friend to interact with but I really don't see Tad becoming a huge character or anything.

I don't expect a huge teen scene. First off, there is no room in the budget for a Salem High set like there was for the last big teen scene. The show lucked out with the group that was led by Chelsea and Abby because there really wasn't a need for a set and they were aged to college-aged pretty quickly. Secondly, there aren't very many choices out there to add to the teen scene. I know some thing the show is going newbie crazy but I disagree and I think the show has no intention of having Will be the only person in a teen scene that is part of a core family. No way. Just look back at all the past teen and young sets. Most of them have always been members of core families or connected in some way to someone on the canvas and, usually, anyone new with no connections starts off recurring or in nothing but a supporting role. I don't expect the show to go nuts here. I think maybe we will get one or two more teen character. The father of Mia's baby may be one but, to me, he may just be a temporary character. I suspect they will get one or two people to be a threat to Mia and Will so they can form a triangle or quad.

To me, the show is content with a small number of teens. It's young enough as it is now. I think it just wants to represent each age group and it has that now. I think they have more plans to build on the other age groups, which are the primary focus of the show, then they do on the teen scene.
I definitely agree....I don't think the teens are really a focus for Days right now....they seem to be establishing Will and Mia as characters who are really part of the cast and not just recurring-type characters or in the background, but other than that, not really, and they aren't on everyday either.

The real focus group of the show right now is Nicole and Sami's age group....EJ/Sami/Nicole/Rafe/Philip/Stephanie/Brady/Lucas/Chloe....those are the most frontburner people on the show right now....though I think the Lucas and Chloe story has taken a bit of a downtime lately.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
May 9 2009, 12:24 AM
daysfan

I agree.

Definitely. I donīt understand how anyone can even compare Will/Mia with the Salem High teen scene. Not only was Langan obsessed with them, but he made them an "A" story of the show, atleast per amount of screentime. They were the focus of the show. Thatīs hardly the case now.

I feel Taylor is an amazing actress who is quite professional for her age and she seems to be actually excited to be on the show, so she may stay for a long time (if the show still exist). Dylan is a little stiff but it works for the character because most of teens at his age are awkward and unsure what to say especially facing beautifull girl they would like to ask out. I think they look great together and Iīm really enjoying the fact their story is different than the usual PA announcement storylines they tend to give teen characters (OLTL and itīs recent teen scene is a great example what to not do).

Faye

lame..

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Most of the time the teens annoy me to no end..I have one,,and trust me..they are a challenge.But I happen to really,really like Will and Mia..in fact WIll and Mia are more mature that Sami right now.But I KNEW it was a matter of time before DH dragged a third or fourth party into their budding little romance,,and if she does I will lose interest.How bout getting them off the ground before you sabotage them!!!!!!!!
Edited by EjsGaGirl, May 9 2009, 07:29 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

daysfan
May 9 2009, 12:09 AM
Don't Lucas/Chloe live at the Horton Cabin or somewhere up there?
The Horton Cabin used to be on Smith Island, an Island in the middle of the lake, they had to take ferrys to get there. Now people just come and go to the Cabin, so stupid.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Sindacco
May 9 2009, 09:12 AM
daysfan
The Horton Cabin used to be on Smith Island, an Island in the middle of the lake, they had to take ferrys to get there. Now people just come and go to the Cabin, so stupid.
I actually think people still do take ferry's there....it was mentioned a few weeks ago that Mia took a ferry there or something....I *THINK*...but I can't be sure.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
May 9 2009, 09:47 AM
Sindacco
May 9 2009, 09:12 AM
daysfan
I actually think people still do take ferry's there....it was mentioned a few weeks ago that Mia took a ferry there or something....I *THINK*...but I can't be sure.
Your right. In fact, they've made numerous mentions to it. My only problem with it is what happened to the house Lucas was building or buying (can't remember which one) for him and Chloe? I remember him saying back in December that plans were on hold but with them married now, I would think they would pick that up. I do like the idea of using the cabin because it reminds the viewer of Lucas' Horton roots and I have heard Chloe mention awhile back they love living out there. I can see why. It's private and I can see how someone would get wrapped up in the beauty of living in a locale like that.

Plus, they probably don't even have to pay to live there. I'm sure Lucas does pay something but the place is owned by he Horton's.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I am not at all interested in Mia and her family...UGH!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

* New babies on the show! Ailisha and Julia O'Connor are now playing Grace, as per a studio rep!

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

mirabella

ginababe
May 9 2009, 12:27 AM
Rafe, I thought lived w/ Sami.. she mentioned he "moved out" at one point.
Rafe has not lived with Sami yet. The time that he went to the convent to take a rash ointment for Grace, he was on the phone talking to someone about renting an apartment in Salem. He told the person he would take it, so I assume that is where he lives. He definitely doesn't live with Sami........yet, anyway, because there would have been need for him to pick her up at her home.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK so if they don't even live together why are they talking about adopting a child together? This storyline is so dumb.

mirabella

IMissAremid
May 12 2009, 03:51 PM
OK so if they don't even live together why are they talking about adopting a child together? This storyline is so dumb.
Talking about Rafe adopting Grace is still a spoiler so I don't know how that comes about or why they are talking about it. Some have said that Sami asks him to adopt Grace and he loves Grace and Sami so I would think that he believes that will keep them safe from the DiMeras.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

My big question is "what about Johnny?" Sami's all hellbent on saving Grace but Johnny is being left in the crossfire. Spare one child but leave the other one behind? Doesn't make sense.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

lazydazes
May 12 2009, 10:41 PM
My big question is "what about Johnny?" Sami's all hellbent on saving Grace but Johnny is being left in the crossfire. Spare one child but leave the other one behind? Doesn't make sense.
I think everyone's forgetting poor Johnny. In today's scene with Nicole, EJ announces that he justs wants to take Sydney and Nicole to some deserted island, away from the DK war...OOOPS EJ, what about your son? Guess Mary can take care of him...or Will? LOL
Liz

ibeshy

Personally, I still can't believe that the character of Daniel has been on the show for over a year and we still haven't had a whiff of his family or anyone from his background. Instead all we get is him lusting over Chloe!

I miss the old Daniel, that was rounded, confident and professional. They've just made his character a sap!

Bring in his family!

lastDays
Member Avatar

ibeshy
Jun 5 2009, 08:51 AM
Personally, I still can't believe that the character of Daniel has been on the show for over a year and we still haven't had a whiff of his family or anyone from his background. Instead all we get is him lusting over Chloe!

I miss the old Daniel, that was rounded, confident and professional. They've just made his character a sap!

Bring in his family!
I've been wondering about this as well. At least a relative of Daniel's would be an adult.A female in her 30s is very much needed on Days.Instead we get instant characters and before you can turn around,their baby sibling,or old boyfriend./girlfriend show up

mirabella

ibeshy
Jun 5 2009, 08:51 AM

Bring in his family!
Daniel was brought to the show with a "family" of sorts.....the Kiriakis, since he is Victor's godson. There is a "family" connection for him in that so TPTB probably didn't feel that he needed any other real family.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply