Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for Week of May 11th; Nobody is safe with two powerful families at war...
Topic Started: May 8 2009, 07:35 PM (1,409 Views)
Ellie

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Stephanie in a morgue ... right where she belongs. HAHA
Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

ugh! She annoys me, that Stephanie.

Bradyclan

Amello
May 8 2009, 07:40 PM
Stephanie in a morgue ... right where she belongs. HAHA
Right on.

She annoys me.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I love the editing of this promo.

I love you... AGHGHGHHHH!

It's also kind of hilarious to me as someone who is just kind of meh to Steph seeing how much people seem to HATE Stephanie and are really excited for her having this trauma happen to her. Kind of makes me more excited for it actually.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Is she really dead? Oh please say she is so I can watch DAYS again.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
May 8 2009, 10:36 PM
That you ask with hope makes me feel for you.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rick
Stephanie is the reason your not watching? Wow...LOL. I thought it was more then that. There are just as many people that hate her as there are those that like her and they just FF or ignore her. I've always liked her and really enjoy her with Philip.

I'm kind of surprised your not watching, Rick, considering how the storytelling style mirrors JER. Even Toups at SON has been enjoying Days alot and King was enjoying it too before he wasn't able to watch so I admit I'm shocked your not finding something to like with it since your tastes usually seem similar to theirs.

As for the promo, I know I sound like a broken record but it's still way too short but I can't wait. This feud story is awesome and I love that we are finally getting some great drama with Philip and Stephanie.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, May 8 2009, 11:24 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Amello
May 8 2009, 10:44 PM
Rick
That you ask with hope makes me feel for you.
LOL. Not a chance. No one dies in Salem.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

PhoenixRising05
May 8 2009, 11:24 PM
Stephanie is the reason your not watching? Wow...LOL. I thought it was more then that. There are just as many people that hate her as there are those that like her and they just FF or ignore her. I've always liked her and really enjoy her with Philip.

I'm kind of surprised your not watching, Rick, considering how the storytelling style mirrors JER. Even Toups at SON has been enjoying Days alot and King was enjoying it too before he wasn't able to watch so I admit I'm shocked your not finding something to like with it since your tastes usually seem similar to theirs.

As for the promo, I know I sound like a broken record but it's still way too short but I can't wait. This feud story is awesome and I love that we are finally getting some great drama with Philip and Stephanie.
I tried, really I did, but I can't watch the show anymore.

I have had an intense dislike for Hennig since Shayna Rose was fired. Rose's Stephanie actually had a personality and wasn't a hair model. I don't buy Hennig as Steve and Kayla's daughter and now that she's with Phillip it's ten times worse because I hate him too :shrug:

ETA: I do kinda like Safe
Edited by Rick, May 9 2009, 02:39 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Rick
May 9 2009, 02:38 PM
PhoenixRising05

I have had an intense dislike for Hennig since Shayna Rose was fired. Rose's Stephanie actually had a personality and wasn't a hair model. I don't buy Hennig as Steve and Kayla's daughter and now that she's with Phillip it's ten times worse because I hate him too :shrug:

Completely agree with you, Rick. Well aside from the the Safe comment. They suck. LOL!

I haven't liked the character of Stephanie since Henning debuted. I didn't like Stephanie much when Rose was playing her, but that was due to the writing for Stephanie. I hated that they had this grown woman still caring abotu her parents getting back together. That annoyed me, so that made me annoyed by Stephanie. Once they got her away from Steve and Kayla and into more scenes with Abby, Nick and Chelsea, I really enjoyed her and I was sad to see her leave.

And then Henning stepped into the role and I haven't liked Stephanie since. I still don't buy her as Steve and Kayla's daughter, and at least now, we don't actually have to see Steve and Kayla anymore, so it's not as obvious that she's toally miscast for their offspring.

One thing I will say though, and this redeems Henning for me, is that she has awesome chemistry with Jay K. Johnson. The Philip and Stephanie pairing is the only thing I like about Stephanie.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rick
PhoenixRising05

I adore Hennig LOL but different strokes...

Is it just her that you dislike or do you just hate the whole direction of the show? That is what confused me as your first post seemed to make it all about Hennig. If it's the whole show, I find that shocking because your tastes and that of Toups and King's was always so similar that I thought this would be right up your alley with all the JER channeling going on with Days under Tomlin. Glad you like Safe though. I LOVE them LOL (I seem to be in the minority big time on that one here on the DR).

I enjoyed Shayna Rose too but I think Hennig is a better actress then her and I would not hold what happened to Rose against her. The show decided to get rid of her and cast Hennig so I don't think holding that against her is necessarily fair. Of course, if you just don't like her, I can understand because many don't. I've seen enough from her to prove that she is talented, moreso then many think she is. Her scenes with Steve in the psych ward, her performances during the rape story, her performance during the Stax breakup. and most recently her performance when Philip was shot all were fantastic IMO and I've seen rave reviews from many others too, both in the mags and on the boards. I think she is very much like Kristian Alfonso when she was younger, If you go back and look at old clips of her, it's remarkable. They are even dressing Stephanie in a more sophisticated style since Tomlin came on board (of course, a more modern sophisticated style) like Hope was when she first joined, only Stephanie is showing a bit more skin LOL.

However, there are people who never found actresses like Rachel Melvin and Martha Madison to be awful or overrated. Hell, there are people who think Erika Slezak sucks LOL. It's all up to the individual, I guess.

Drew's point about the chemistry is so true. Jay and Shelley look fantastic together IMO.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, May 9 2009, 07:05 PM.

jane1978

DrewHamilton
May 9 2009, 06:37 PM
And then Henning stepped into the role and I haven't liked Stephanie since. I still don't buy her as Steve and Kayla's daughter, and at least now, we don't actually have to see Steve and Kayla anymore, so it's not as obvious that she's toally miscast for their offspring.
Well, Stephanie is not really Steve/Kayla´s daughter. Steve had zero effect on her as a parent and I doubt Kayla herself had some adventury life while Steve was gone. It´s not like Steph was ever an active participant in anything wild they used to do together, so expect her to be anything like Steve is a little unbeliavable. I think she and Kayla led the most boring ordinary life imaginable after she left Salem.
Edited by jane1978, May 10 2009, 05:20 AM.

madelinehawaii

jane1978
May 10 2009, 05:19 AM
DrewHamilton
May 9 2009, 06:37 PM
Well, Stephanie is not really Steve/Kayla´s daughter. Steve had zero effect on her as a parent and I doubt Kayla herself had some adventury life while Steve was gone. It´s not like Steph was ever an active participant in anything wild they used to do together, so expect her to be anything like Steve is a little unbeliavable. I think she and Kayla led the most boring ordinary life imaginable after she left Salem.
it's not the kind of life she grew up with that would have had the most impact, it was the life she heard stories about from not only her mother, but probably everyone in the family and the parts especially to do with her father. In fact, him NOT being there made it more likely for her to turn out that way cause if he'd been around, he would have done everything possible to keep her from being adventurous. I suppose it could have worked the other way around too lol...if Steve had been in her life growing up and he'd tried to keep her under his thumb, that could have created a need to prove herself or rebellion. Either way, growing up with a boring, ordinary life doesn't necessarily lead to the same, and besides, LA isn't boring.

Bradyclan

PhoenixRising05
May 9 2009, 07:00 PM
Rick
PhoenixRising05

However, there are people who never found actresses like Rachel Melvin and Martha Madison to be awful or overrated.
Hmm , what's that supposed to mean? Are you saying that Martha and Rachel were overrated ? Not from what I've seen. Sure, a lot of people thought that they were 2 great younger actresses that Days had in a while. But, I've never seen people overrate them. In fact, they had their share of criticism in the past.

I don't know it just rub me the wrong way that they would be used to justify some people not liking Hennig.
I like Hennig but she improved but she still has a long way to go. That's okay, though. One of my fave actresses on the show, started just like her and ended up one of the best of the show. That would be Mrs. Ari Zuker.

The thing is Shelley isn't strong enough as a an actress yet to make a character like Stephanie work. That character is just badly written. Like someone said in another thread, the character has no depth. It really makes it hard to root for her.
We know that she loves Phil. Why? we don't really know. We know that her ex was Max, her best friend/roomate left and she hates Melanie. Oh she works at Titan and her parents are out of town.

She's pretty blah.

esp13
Member Avatar

I think Tim's point is simply that every actor/actress has their critics. Nobody besides maybe Frances Reid is universally beloved.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Bradyclan
May 10 2009, 02:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
May 9 2009, 07:00 PM
Rick
PhoenixRising05

However, there are people who never found actresses like Rachel Melvin and Martha Madison to be awful or overrated.
Hmm , what's that supposed to mean? Are you saying that Martha and Rachel were overrated ? Not from what I've seen. Sure, a lot of people thought that they were 2 great younger actresses that Days had in a while. But, I've never seen people overrate them. In fact, they had their share of criticism in the past.

I don't know it just rub me the wrong way that they would be used to justify some people not liking Hennig.
I like Hennig but she improved but she still has a long way to go. That's okay, though. One of my fave actresses on the show, started just like her and ended up one of the best of the show. That would be Mrs. Ari Zuker.

The thing is Shelley isn't strong enough as a an actress yet to make a character like Stephanie work. That character is just badly written. Like someone said in another thread, the character has no depth. It really makes it hard to root for her.
We know that she loves Phil. Why? we don't really know. We know that her ex was Max, her best friend/roomate left and she hates Melanie. Oh she works at Titan and her parents are out of town.

She's pretty blah.
I was not saying they were overrated. I personally LOVE Martha and Rachel.

What esp said is right. I was just pointing out that every actor or actress has their critics. Sames for a show, in general. What one may see as great, another may see as crap. It's all subjective.

I also feel Jane raised some interesting points too. I do think she looks the part of their daughter. I don't think she has to have the same hair color or same facial features or anything like that. I've known people that look nothing like their parents. Shelley had an excellent connection with SN and MBE and that, to me, is all that matters.

Bradyclan

^^ okay,thanks for clearing it out. when I read it it just seemed odd, that's all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply