Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of May 11th; *UPDATED 5/9*
Topic Started: Apr 28 2009, 10:03 PM (2,123 Views)
ginababe
BANNED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUIujLwrdSc
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

natnoe68
Member Avatar

ginababe
May 7 2009, 01:46 PM
:omg: I didn't know what the Carl and Rachel story was till I saw this and died because I do remember I think I was still a kid.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Wow..Carl and Rachel. That is definitely taking me back a few years.

I still miss Another World. :(

Sadly, I have yet to see Stephanie have chemistry with anyone and I really can't even put a finger on why. I like SH well enough. Maybe this guy will finally be the one she can spark on screen with. :shrug:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

More Daily spoilers

Monday, May 11th[/b]
Victor demands that EJ sign over all of DiMera Enterprises in exchange for Stefano; Lucas asks Kate why her feelings for Chloe have changed; Dr. Baker and Nicole strike a deal; Max confides his worry to Bo and Hope about not hearing from Chelsea.

Tuesday, May 12th
Caroline warns Stephanie about life with a Kiriakis man; Sami panics when she sees Dr. Baker at the hospital; EJ deliberates his next move; Nicole goes to check on Dr. Baker.

Wednesday, May 13th
EJ enlists help to bring down the Kiriakis family; Arianna breaks up a heated confrontation between Sami and Nicole; Philip and Stephanie discuss their future; Nicole and Dr. Baker clash at the hospital; Rafe suggests to Dr. Baker that he leave town.

Thursday, May 14th
Bo has a vision involving Ciara; Melanie is disheartened to learn of Philip and Stephanie's engagement; Stefano dreams that he's dead; Bo and Hope try to persuade Victor to end the feud; Nicole sees a new side of EJ that she likes.

Friday, May 15th
Owen drugs Stephanie and kidnaps her from the Kiriakis mansion; Sami realizes something is going on involving Stefano; Will wants Mia to resume their friendship, and she is forced into allowing him to come to a meeting for recovering addicts.

Livie

angmc
Apr 29 2009, 08:07 PM
Angie79
Apr 28 2009, 10:03 PM

- EJ solves Stefano's clue.
:lol: :lol: Are we sure someone else didn't solve that clue for EJ because god knows he couldn't figure out how to tie his shoes at this point. :eyeroll:
this ej uses velcro or slip ons..no tie shoes for him.

pagraves
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 7 2009, 10:48 PM
Sadly, I have yet to see Stephanie have chemistry with anyone and I really can't even put a finger on why. I like SH well enough. Maybe this guy will finally be the one she can spark on screen with. :shrug:
I think I can tell you why. The character (not the actress) has no depth. She barely has a developed backstory, despite being a legacy character with an unusual background chock full of opportunities for both internal and external conflicts. She has no career goals--her job at Titan seemed to be mostly about giving her a chance to be around Philip enough to develop the relationship, which is a shame, since her mother on the show, while a "good girl" character during her heyday on the show, managed to actually have a job that had meaning for the character and for the community well outside her relationship with the love of her life.

Stephanie needs a real job. A life outside Titan and Philip. It would have helped to keep her parents around, IMO, because of their backstory with both the Kiriakises and the Dimeras, but even with them gone, the writers could still put some effort into building and enriching the character. They just don't seem interested in doing that.

I was struck the other day by her reaction to Philip's (aborted) declaration that he'd kill EJ if he laid a hand on Stephanie. I'm pretty sure her father said something similar to her mother many times during their tortured courtship, and Kayla, the uber-good girl, never reacted so prissily. I think she kind of dug that a guy would love her enough to vow violence in protection of her. I would have thought Stephanie might have gotten a little of that from her mother, but I guess not.

I think the most obvious problem with Stephanie is that she's purely a character of opportunity. She doesn't have meaning or purpose in and of herself, only as a canvas on which to paint whatever story the writers are telling today. Need to throw her into close proximity with Philip? Let her intern at Titan, even though we don't know exactly what kind of job she's doing or why the job would interest her. Need her to fight with Philip? Let her suddenly become all prissy about violence, despite the fact that she was a daredevil racecar driver and her father was once Philip's father's hired thug and doesn't exactly shun violence even today.

How can you have chemistry with a character so insubstantial? And while I like Shelley, and I think she could actually do a great job with a well written character, she's too inexperienced an actress to overcome the flaws in the way her character is written.

Well. Ahem. I think I'll go back to lurking now.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

pagraves
May 9 2009, 07:11 PM
SocRMum1
May 7 2009, 10:48 PM
I think I can tell you why. The character (not the actress) has no depth. She barely has a developed backstory, despite being a legacy character with an unusual background chock full of opportunities for both internal and external conflicts. She has no career goals--her job at Titan seemed to be mostly about giving her a chance to be around Philip enough to develop the relationship, which is a shame, since her mother on the show, while a "good girl" character during her heyday on the show, managed to actually have a job that had meaning for the character and for the community well outside her relationship with the love of her life.

Stephanie needs a real job. A life outside Titan and Philip. It would have helped to keep her parents around, IMO, because of their backstory with both the Kiriakises and the Dimeras, but even with them gone, the writers could still put some effort into building and enriching the character. They just don't seem interested in doing that.

I was struck the other day by her reaction to Philip's (aborted) declaration that he'd kill EJ if he laid a hand on Stephanie. I'm pretty sure her father said something similar to her mother many times during their tortured courtship, and Kayla, the uber-good girl, never reacted so prissily. I think she kind of dug that a guy would love her enough to vow violence in protection of her. I would have thought Stephanie might have gotten a little of that from her mother, but I guess not.

I think the most obvious problem with Stephanie is that she's purely a character of opportunity. She doesn't have meaning or purpose in and of herself, only as a canvas on which to paint whatever story the writers are telling today. Need to throw her into close proximity with Philip? Let her intern at Titan, even though we don't know exactly what kind of job she's doing or why the job would interest her. Need her to fight with Philip? Let her suddenly become all prissy about violence, despite the fact that she was a daredevil racecar driver and her father was once Philip's father's hired thug and doesn't exactly shun violence even today.

How can you have chemistry with a character so insubstantial? And while I like Shelley, and I think she could actually do a great job with a well written character, she's too inexperienced an actress to overcome the flaws in the way her character is written.

Well. Ahem. I think I'll go back to lurking now.

:applause: I think it was very well said, and goes to why so many storylines fall flat under Dena. Feel free to come out of lurking anytime. :D

mandy

Tripp
May 9 2009, 07:50 PM
:applause: I think it was very well said, and goes to why so many storylines fall flat under Dena. Feel free to come out of lurking anytime. :D
I'll second that. People are so quick to criticize Shelley without realizing a huge problem is the fact Stephanie has never been developed into a character that we want to care about.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

mandy
May 10 2009, 04:13 PM
Tripp
I'll second that. People are so quick to criticize Shelley without realizing a huge problem is the fact Stephanie has never been developed into a character that we want to care about.
I have to say, I do agree with that.

For instance, I despised Chelsea when she first joined DAYS. I felt the character was annoying and useless. As the writers began to develope Chelsea more, give her a storyline and some depth, I quickly began to love her off.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Jinxie
May 10 2009, 04:40 PM
mandy
May 10 2009, 04:13 PM
Tripp
I have to say, I do agree with that.

For instance, I despised Chelsea when she first joined DAYS. I felt the character was annoying and useless. As the writers began to develope Chelsea more, give her a storyline and some depth, I quickly began to love her off.
I agree with this - but I do wonder if the difference was that Rachel Melvin did manage to overcome the poor writing of her character and salvage her. I certainly think she grew as an actress during her time on the show. It will be interesting to see if Shelley Hennig can accomplish something similar. She certainly showed some potential in the scenes immediately after Philip was shot and at the hospital.

Great post, pagraves. Hope to see you coming out of lurkdom more often. :cheers:

ginababe
BANNED

Tomorrow there are some great flash back scenes of EJ and Stefano playing chess, discussing opponent strategy. I really enjoyed the flashback scenes, with EJ figuring out Stefano's clues! I highly recommend everyone watch tomorrow!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for the heads up. I couldn't get a feeling based on prevuze how that all played out but now I'm looking forward to it.

ginababe
BANNED

Prevuze did not do it justice! Infact, I don't think they even mentioned the chess scenes.. You most definitely want to see it for yourself!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply