Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Chelsea Brady" farewell blog May 12th; I know you'll miss these... :)
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 11:29 AM (755 Views)
Ellie

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=101731533&blogId=487593065

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Adios

Wow. The past few years have been exciting. Difficult. Life-changing? Sure. When I started this, I really was angry. I was angry that my life had changed so drastically, so quickly. But, mostly, I think I was just a young woman with a big chip on her shoulder, which isnít that unusual when youíre a certain age. At least, I donít think itís that unusual. You feel like you donít have any control over your life and yet you feel like youíre an ďadultĒ who should have control and that just makes you mad. Anyway, it made me mad. And given what was going on in my life Ė my parents died, then I found out they werenít really my parents, anyway Ė Iím going to give myself permission to be even angrier than most.

But, thatís not why Iím writing this today. Today, Iím signing off. Iím not angry anymore (well, not most of the time) but perhaps more importantly, Iím leaving Salem. My mom, Billie, was seriously injured and Iím going to go to London to take care of her. Talk about life-changing. Iím pretty much leaving everything and everyone Iíve ever known (except my mom) and starting something new. But, I knew it was the right thing to do. Sure, Iím going to miss Salem, my dad, all my friends Ö Max. Iím really going to miss Max. But when I found out what had happened to mom, that she was going to need help, well Ö Remember how angry I was? I didnít exactly make things easy for my mom. And I know I donít have to do this, or anything, to make it up to her. She wouldnít want me to, but I want to. I want to show her that no matter how terrible I was for how long, Iím a better person now. At least, I like to think I am. And I want my mom to think I am, too.

So, goodbye Salem. Goodbye angry Chelsea. Hello brand new life.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bradyclan

You know while it did seem silly , I liked the blog and it made sense originally with the whole Lonely Splicer storyline.
It was a good marketing tool to showcase the character and since Chelsea was the leading gal for the younger crowd , it made sense so they could connect their main younger character to the audience.

And in that sense , it work.I also thought that it gave us insight into the character and sometimes I felt her feelings were better written in here , sadly. A character that is bland like Stephanie could use one of those promotions (diary, blog) to connect with the audience especially now that she is the face of the younger crowd.

I like the last blog and you know, I wouldn't mind if from tme to time they updated it. She could give us insight on her life in London, Abby, Billie, Jack and Jen ect.. They should do this when they are close to bring back one of those characters.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I really didn't like Chelsea but as she grew and changes I also changed my opinion of her and grew to like her and respect her in many ways. I think she made a good decision and one that was not just a snap judgment. I wish Chelsea luck and happiness. Now maybe some of the other young women like her will take charge and look at what she did and follow. (I still don't care for Stephanie and Melanie) Thanks for posting this.

lastDays
Member Avatar

I won't miss CHelsea much,nor this insipid blog :drunk: Hopefully they won't start up a Melanie blog.Yuck :puke:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

She really grew on me over time.

I don't watch consistently, so may I ask, what exactly happened to Billie? I believe it was a car accident, but how serious was it?

ibeshy

I'm REALLY going to miss Chelsea. I loved watching her character develop from brattish to mature. She's really come along, and I'm impressed with her outlook nowadays. Okay so the blog wasn't entirely necessary, but i feel that was mainly because the who person was writing it, wasn't always consistent with Chelsea's character.

I really hope that they bring back Chelsea, and soon, because she gave the show some spunk and attitude, unlike bland Stephanie.

I also love Molly Burnett as Melanie, she's brought a breath of fresh air to the show, and i seriously hope they develop her character further. Shame they couldn't have done this with Daniel too. We still don't know anything more about his background or family after he broke up with Chelsea, which was their biggest mistake, because Dansea were on route to become the next big supercouple.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

lastDays
May 13 2009, 08:43 AM
I won't miss CHelsea much,nor this insipid blog :drunk:
Same here! :sleep:

Bradyclan

ibeshy
Jun 5 2009, 08:43 AM

I really hope that they bring back Chelsea, and soon, because she gave the show some spunk and attitude, unlike bland Stephanie.

I totally agree. Chelsea had spunk. Stephanie is bland, bland , bland.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply