Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Sami *UPDATED*; May 26th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 13 2009, 10:55 AM (3,898 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Ali Sweeney.

Sami and EJ get in a fight, because EJ has guards at the DiMera mansion, and he tells Sami that he's not letting Johnny leave. Sami realizes something is going on, and she and EJ argue. Sami loses her voice because of this (SOW notes that Sweeney lost her voice in real life), and later at home, Rafe asks Sami how she lost her voice. Sami tells Rafe that she got in a fight with EJ. As Sweeney explains, "Rafe gets really upset on her behalf and wants to confront EJ." Rafe tells Sami that she's not alone, and Sami grabs Rafe and kisses him. Things continue from there, and they make love.

Afterwards, Rafe tells Sami he wants to make a commitment to Sami and Grace and that he wants to be a father to Grace. Sami takes this to mean that Rafe is proposing marriage. Sami starts telling Rafe that their relationship is not really at that stage yet, and she tells Rafe she hopes he doesn't feel bad that she's turning him down. Rafe tells Sami that for her to turn him down, he'd have to ask her! Sami is confused, and Rafe points out that he didn't propose to her. As Sweeney says, "things turn around where she's kind of hurt, and he says, 'Well, I'll ask you, if you promise to say no.' It's really cute."

Then, Rafe tells Sami that what he meant was that he wants to adopt Grace. Sweeney says that "it's really sincere and she loves him for saying that, though they don't actually say the L word. She obviously has very deep feelings for him, and it means so much to her that he feels that level of commitment to the baby."

SOW then asks Sweeney how this relationship differs from Sami's past relationships. Sweeney says that Rafe has "no preconceived notions" about Sami and that "you can tell from some of the things Rafe says that Sami has confided in him about her past." Sweeney continues that Rafe is looking at Sami as she is now and that Sami has grown and changed since having been in the safe house with Rafe. "Plus, it's not like she's keeping a secret from him that's going to ruin their relationship when he finds out the truth."

SOW says that the next day, Sami tells Will that Rafe wants to adopt Grace, but Will is not happy about this. Sweeney explains that Sami talks with Will after Sami and Rafe make love, and Sami tells Will that Rafe is going to be around a lot. Will asks Sami if she would care if he had a problem with that. Sami tells Will that she would care, but as Sweeney says, Sami asks Will, "Is it because he's not your father? If that's the only reason, that's not fair, but if you have a really valid concern, then we'll deal with that."

At the end of the week, Sami finds Arianna telling Rafe that Sami might ruin his life. Sweeney says that Arianna refers to Sami as "that woman" and that Sami is not surprised that Arianna feels that way. Sweeney concludes, "[Sami] and Rafe are so into each other and happy in their relationship that it doesn't even affect her."

Additional information from the SOD article:

Really no additional story information; it's a short article. I'll just include one quote from Ali Sweeney: "Things get serious and he talks to her about how he wants to adopt Grace. She loves him for saying that, though they don't actually say the L word... She's just really happy with him."

There is also a spoiler for May 21st, when Sami tells Will that Rafe wants to adopt Grace. Sweeney says, "No matter where he was in the world, if Grace were in trouble, [Rafe] would come and help her. He is clearly that guy and she wants to give her daughter that protection."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

I thought all the spoilers indicate that Safe do the deed and exchange ILUs. I wonder if the ILUs come later?

Still not liking that Sami seems to be willing to let this guy adopt her baby - when she knows full well the baby's father is alive and well, and would certainly want to know of his parental rights. Very, very poor choice on Sami's part. :shame:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
May 13 2009, 10:55 AM
SOW says that the next day, Sami tells Will that Rafe wants to adopt Grace, but Will is not happy about this. Sweeney explains that Sami talks with Will after Sami and Rafe make love, and Sami tells Will that Rafe is going to be around a lot. Will asks Sami if she would care if he had a problem with that. Sami tells Will that she would care, but as Sweeney says, Sami asks Will, "Is it because he's not your father? If that's the only reason, that's not fair, but if you have a really valid concern, then we'll deal with that."

I've been wondering when/if Will will start scheming to get his parents back together, a la his mother all those years ago, so this part kind of stuck out to me. So far all he's done is babysit and bore me to tears with his geriatric conversations with Mia.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!
Edited by Paxton, May 13 2009, 11:13 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like that they were able to write her losing her voice into the story. Although it just supports the idea that the show will never write Ali out, not even a for a day or two LOL. It's also somewhat of an unintentional nod to Sami losing her voice in the past, which coincidentally happened in the Dimera Mansion. I do feel bad Ali lost her voice though. That sucks.

This sounds good and I'm happy with the whole exchange about Sami thinking it means he is proposing marriage and that they have to slow down. That is great relationship building.

I like the Will/Mia romance but they really need to start doing more with him when it comes to the adults in his life. Yes, he's had scenes with pretty much everyone but I want to see him being active with them. I don't necessarily want him to scheme to get his parents back together but it would be nice to bring some more edge out of him rather then him just displaying the normal teenager attitude. Maybe we are starting to see it if what this article says plays out how it sounds onscreen.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, May 13 2009, 11:38 AM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Unlike most, I LOVE the sound of this....I just love Sami and Rafe in general, and its sooo obvious that Rafe loves Grace so this is fitting.

Thats sorta funny about Sami losing her voice though....but its too bad that Alison lost her own, I HATE it when that happens.

As for the Will part, that does sound very very intriguing....now I thought Will liked Rafe, but maybe he just doesn't like the idea of him and Sami together and adopting Grace....I do wonder if we're on our way to him pushing for a Lumi reunion...wasn't it mentioned a couple months ago that he was gonna try to get them back together?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

daysfan
May 13 2009, 11:35 AM
I do wonder if we're on our way to him pushing for a Lumi reunion...wasn't it mentioned a couple months ago that he was gonna try to get them back together?
Yeah, I think that was mentioned before, and also Danloe seems to edging back to the front burner. If Lucas remembers/is told what happened with Chloe and Daniel and leaves Chloe, then I could see that tying in with Will thinking he can get his parents back together. Right now they're both otherwise occupied so there's not much point, but if Lucas is free again that might change his mind. Or not. Who knows?

daysfan
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
May 13 2009, 11:33 AM
I like that they were able to write her losing her voice into the story. Although it just supports the idea that the show will never write Ali out, not even a for a day or two LOL. It's also somewhat of an unintentional nod to Sami losing her voice in the past, which coincidentally happened in the Dimera Mansion. I do feel bad Ali lost her voice though. That sucks.

This sounds good and I'm happy with the whole exchange about Sami thinking it means he is proposing marriage and that they have to slow down. That is great relationship building.

I like the Will/Mia romance but they really need to start doing more with him when it comes to the adults in his life. Yes, he's had scenes with pretty much everyone but I want to see him being active with them. I don't necessarily want him to scheme to get his parents back together but it would be nice to bring some more edge out of him rather then him just displaying the normal teenager attitude. Maybe we are starting to see it if what this article says plays out how it sounds onscreen.
I am enjoying the Will/Mia romance...and it makes sense that they are always away from the adults because teens don't usually like to hang around their family or adults alot, but I sorta agree here....they had Will sharing scenes with everyone when he first came back, and I really liked it...then he met Mia and he sorta got more secluded. :P

So they do need to work on that....but hopefully, in the upcoming weeks, he will share scenes with more people from how it sounds.

My only other complaint about Will/Mia is how, though I guess this could be due to Mia's heavy love for her and pushing for it, it seems Will or both of them are ALWAYS watching Grace....big siblings babysit, but to have a baby that much is a bit odd....but its tolerable enough.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Rafe isn't ready to even get engaged to marry Sami, but thinks he's ready to file legal papers until false pretenses to adopt her baby with another man who doesn't know he's the father? Why? What does he think this legal adoption is going to accomplish without marriage? Are he and Sami going to set up custody arrangements so Rafe can have Grace as his place certain days and Sami can have Grace at her place other days?

I can't tell based on this article if Will has a problem with Sami and Rafe being together or his objections to the adoption are simply because of how ridiculous it is.

Taelyn

Well .. I was hoping the first time would be a bit more romantic then Sami grabbing him and one thing leads to another.. Its obvious the girl wants him BAD LOL (and who can blame her) .. But I'll take what I can get :rockon:

But Im wondering about this..>>
Quote:

"Plus, it's not like she's keeping a secret from him that's going to ruin their relationship when he finds out the truth."

Now this could be refering to the EJ situation.... Or I wonder if Rafe is keeping something from her that could threaten their relationship ? Hmmmmmmmmmmm (Ofcourse I hope not and if so Im hoping its only angsty stuff)

Whats kinda funny and cute is how Ali is taking after Deidre who also was prone to losing her voice on this show * :)
Edited by Taelyn, May 13 2009, 12:08 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Well, I think Rafe being the adoptive father shows his commitment to Sami's brood. She was complaining the other day to his about her kids and how she loves that he's so into her family.

He really felt bad when Sami left him out of the decisions that have to do with Grace because during the WPP, he was the surrogate father and almost died trying to protect them.

Legal or illegal, it show his level of commitment towards Grace and Sami, even though they're not ready to commit to each other.

As for the lies, when has Sami cared about EJ's feelings or lying about paternity? Come on, we're still talking about Sami.

I think Rafe just wants to be able to make decisions when it comes to Grace and not get kicked around be anyone.
Liz

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Taelyn
May 13 2009, 12:06 PM
Well .. I was hoping the first time would be a bit more romantic then Sami grabbing him and one thing leads to another.. Its obvious the girl wants him BAD LOL (and who can blame her) .. But I'll take what I can get :rockon:

But Im wondering about this..>>
Quote:

"Plus, it's not like she's keeping a secret from him that's going to ruin their relationship when he finds out the truth."

Now this could be refering to the EJ situation.... Or I wonder if Rafe is keeping something from her that could threaten their relationship ? Hmmmmmmmmmmm (Ofcourse I hope not and if so Im hoping its only angsty stuff)

Whats kinda funny and cute is how Ali is taking after Deidre who also was prone to losing her voice on this show * :)
How could I have forgotten about that JUICY LINE! When I read that I automatically thought..EJ!

I'm starting to wonder about Rafe and his past. As it sits right now, Sami is sitting pretty with the man she falling for and she has no secrets to hide from him (not now at least) but you're right about Rafe?
Liz

Ponz
Member Avatar

Quote:

Sami and that "you can tell from some of the things Rafe says that Sami has confided in him about her past."

Thanks for letting us know, Ali. Heaven forbid a conversation that important actually occur on-screen. :eyeroll:

Taelyn

Ponz
May 13 2009, 12:29 PM
Quote:

Sami and that "you can tell from some of the things Rafe says that Sami has confided in him about her past."

Thanks for letting us know, Ali. Heaven forbid a conversation that important actually occur on-screen. :eyeroll:
Well in fairness, That conversation and might I add "Confession" might take an entire season, so I suppose the writers just did what they have been doing alot recently and as an afterthought added this offscreen revelation.
Edited by Taelyn, May 13 2009, 12:50 PM.

ginababe
BANNED

The part that I don't get is Ali mentions, that Sami isn't keeping secrets from Rafe that are going to blow up in her face, but guess what she's keeping secrets from EJ that are going to blow up in her face, and seeing as Rafe willingly took part in those lies, I don't see this ending well for them, not to mention how fast this entire relationship has taken place...

Alligato
Member Avatar

I don't know if this relationship is going faster than any other Sami relationship. She was ready to sleep with EJ after only a few dates and maybe a 3 months after meeting him...until Lucas let off a smoke bomb.

So are Rafe and Sami living together? Because if he adopts Grace, that would mean he would get some kind of custody, wouldn't it? I don't know why the adoption route would be needed if they didn't have a committment to each other. Not a good idea, Sami.

It would be great if Rafe had some kind of background that was shady, but with him trying to be the next goody goody "Bo" clone, and Sami turning into the bad girl turned heroine, I doubt they will go there.

It does sound like they may try a Lumi reunion. While I look forward to a EJ/Sami showdown, not sure I like that Sami loses her voice...cuz that means lots of drama and yelling on Sami's part and I really hate that.

Thanks for the article.

Manda1

Thank you for the article. I love the fact that Ali explains that her relationship with Rafe is different from any in her past because Rafe's in relationship with the post witness protection Sami. Different, maturing but he knows she has been a fighter and into all sorts of stuff historically. So wanting or expecting the 'old Sami Brady back' looks highly unlikely which I am so happy about because a mother of a teen and 3 toddlers can't be running around town with a mobster - doing evil stuff,stirring up trouble, seeking revenge etc.

I don't mind if Rafe and Sami say I love you now or not at least that silences any criticisms about the relationship moving too fast and that it's clear that Rafe isn't ready to marry her either - which I think is way too soon. Looking forward to seeing that convo where he says I'll ask you as long as you promise to say no. :lol: :lol: The fact that she's even discussing Rafe with Will tells me she's serious about Rafe and hoping that once they've been in relationship longer they'll end up married - I just don't see her bothering to go there with Will otherwise as Will is miserable enough as it is.

I'm sure the writers/actors scan the various boards because the funny thing is many of the articles and the conversations on screen these days seem to clarify many of the topics that are debated on the boards e.g.

Does Rafe really know about Sami's past? - Yes, she told him a lot about herself off screen in the WPP
Has Sami really changed?- Yes. WP had a profound affect on her so she's not behaving like she did in the past,
Does she have real feelings for Rafe or is it rebound? - Yes. She has very deep feelings for him and they are very into each other and very happy so the happiness is not just Sami settling Rafe is what she wants. Thank you for clearing this up Ali :hug:
Does she plan some big reunion with EJ if Grace [really Sydney's] paternity is every revealed? Hell no because her plan is that the paternity is NEVER revealed.

I think Sami going to become more resolute in her decision when poor little Johnny is trapped in the Dimera mansion to ensure he's not a target in the war! That new development is just going to make it look like Sami was so right to hide Grace's [really Syndey's] paternity otherwise Grace [really Syndey] would be locked in the mansion too and if Sami was with EJ she would have to have the body guards too and Will and Ali would need them too as they would be EJ's step kids and vunerable too.

Any ways it doesn't look to me from this article that Safe are going to be a short lived paring as some have predicted and I am very pleased about that. :wub: I like the Sami I see on screen now. And I am so glad Ali again confirmed she has no ugly secret waiting to come out and destroy the relationship - any angst and pressure in that relationship is going to be driven from external forces which could be from Sami's or Rafe's past and that's better than the whole relationship being built on a lot of lies waiting to come crashing down to destroy everything.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Alligato
May 13 2009, 04:03 PM
So are Rafe and Sami living together? Because if he adopts Grace, that would mean he would get some kind of custody, wouldn't it? I don't know why the adoption route would be needed if they didn't have a committment to each other. Not a good idea, Sami.
I have asked this same question before and was informed that Sami and Rafe are not living together. Apparently we were shown Rafe asking about an apartment in Salem at some point after or at the end of the WP and Rafe had to come by Sami's house to pick her up for their date so they are not living together.

ginababe
BANNED

Safe would not bother me as much as they do if they were not playing house w/ EJ's kid, or whom they assume is EJ's kid. That is what pisses me off the most! Sami doesn't like it when people play God w/ her life, where does she got off playing God w/ theirs?

Ellie

ginababe
May 13 2009, 10:58 PM
Safe would not bother me as much as they do if they were not playing house w/ EJ's kid, or whom they assume is EJ's kid. That is what pisses me off the most! Sami doesn't like it when people play God w/ her life, where does she got off playing God w/ theirs?
But hasn't she been doing that since like 1993?

ginababe
BANNED

yeah, but I hated her then, so I didn't care LOL! I was an Austin/Carrie fan and wanted to see her shoved in the mud. Now I'm an EJami fan, and I'm really disappointed in this entire story..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply