Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Sami *UPDATED*; May 26th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 13 2009, 10:55 AM (3,851 Views)
Ellie

^^ Ah, ok. Thanks for explaining!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

ginababe
May 13 2009, 10:58 PM
Safe would not bother me as much as they do if they were not playing house w/ EJ's kid, or whom they assume is EJ's kid. That is what pisses me off the most! Sami doesn't like it when people play God w/ her life, where does she got off playing God w/ theirs?
I have to agree. And that's why it will be such a painfully wicked irony when the truth about the baby switch finally comes out. There are things that both EJ and Sami have done that I really, really hate...there is no clear 'root for' character in this situation. But that's why I feel strongly that they'll eventually realize what idiots they've been and reunite after the initial shock and pain have been dealt with.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

At least back in the day when she was playing God with people's lives and telling these huge lies she was treated as a schemer and villainous vixen not as some sticky sweet weepy heroine for telling her lies and screwing with people's lives.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
May 13 2009, 11:51 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 13 2009, 11:33 AM
I like that they were able to write her losing her voice into the story. Although it just supports the idea that the show will never write Ali out, not even a for a day or two LOL. It's also somewhat of an unintentional nod to Sami losing her voice in the past, which coincidentally happened in the Dimera Mansion. I do feel bad Ali lost her voice though. That sucks.

This sounds good and I'm happy with the whole exchange about Sami thinking it means he is proposing marriage and that they have to slow down. That is great relationship building.

I like the Will/Mia romance but they really need to start doing more with him when it comes to the adults in his life. Yes, he's had scenes with pretty much everyone but I want to see him being active with them. I don't necessarily want him to scheme to get his parents back together but it would be nice to bring some more edge out of him rather then him just displaying the normal teenager attitude. Maybe we are starting to see it if what this article says plays out how it sounds onscreen.
I am enjoying the Will/Mia romance...and it makes sense that they are always away from the adults because teens don't usually like to hang around their family or adults alot, but I sorta agree here....they had Will sharing scenes with everyone when he first came back, and I really liked it...then he met Mia and he sorta got more secluded. :P

So they do need to work on that....but hopefully, in the upcoming weeks, he will share scenes with more people from how it sounds.

My only other complaint about Will/Mia is how, though I guess this could be due to Mia's heavy love for her and pushing for it, it seems Will or both of them are ALWAYS watching Grace....big siblings babysit, but to have a baby that much is a bit odd....but its tolerable enough.
Well, we still do get scenes with him and Sami and he just had scenes with Chloe a week or so ago so my issue is not with him having scenes with adults. I want him to be doing more then having scenes with them. Have him learn a secret or something. Make him proactive. The only time he is proactive is with Mia.

Ellie

IMissAremid
May 13 2009, 11:08 PM
At least back in the day when she was playing God with people's lives and telling these huge lies she was treated as a schemer and villainous vixen not as some sticky sweet weepy heroine for telling her lies and screwing with people's lives.
I agree. I have never been a Sami fan by any stretch, but I accepted her as the 'scheming teen' that she was. Now, as you're saying, that characterization (whether teen or adult) has really been taken away.

ginababe
BANNED

Ellie
May 13 2009, 11:13 PM
IMissAremid
May 13 2009, 11:08 PM
I agree. I have never been a Sami fan by any stretch, but I accepted her as the 'scheming teen' that she was. Now, as you're saying, that characterization (whether teen or adult) has really been taken away.

ICA! And that's why I don't like her right now, because like ILA said, at least we knew where Sami stood back then.. Now, Sami just seems desperate and shady.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

^^ I don't know. She seems pretty content and happy to me. Sami is finally getting a fresh start with a guy that she doesn't have some sort of bad history with. I think it's pretty obvious where Sami stands right now... she's falling in love with Rafe.

EJ who? :shrug: :tounge:

ginababe
BANNED

mesagirl
May 14 2009, 12:54 AM
^^ I don't know. She seems pretty content and happy to me. Sami is finally getting a fresh start with a guy that she doesn't have some sort of bad history with. I think it's pretty obvious where Sami stands right now... she's falling in love with Rafe.

That has nothing to do with it, it's the fact that she is doing this w/ some other guys kid, whom she has NO intention of telling him about. If she was upfront with him, and EJ was aware that he had another kid w/ Sami, I honestly probably would not care if she was moving on w/ Rafe. But the fact that she is allowing Rafe to adopt Grace, EJ's kid, as far as she knows, and has 0 intention of telling EJ about his daughter, that part is SHADY. And if you can't see that, well I feel sorry for you. Enjoy your happy couple while it lasts, because w/ a secret like that waiting in the wings, it's not likely to last very long. Like it or not, Safe's relationship IS based on lies, maybe not between the couple, but it is based on lies from other people, and no matter how hard you try to keep those lies from seeing the light, the will come out one way or another, and Sami Brady knows that better than anyone in Salem!
Edited by ginababe, May 14 2009, 01:18 AM.

Manda1

ginababe
May 14 2009, 01:15 AM
mesagirl

That has nothing to do with it, it's the fact that she is doing this w/ some other guys kid, whom she has NO intention of telling him about. If she was upfront with him, and EJ was aware that he had another kid w/ Sami, I honestly probably would not care if she was moving on w/ Rafe. But the fact that she is allowing Rafe to adopt Grace, EJ's kid, as far as she knows, and has 0 intention of telling EJ about his daughter, that part is SHADY. And if you can't see that, well I feel sorry for you. Enjoy your happy couple while it lasts, because w/ a secret like that waiting in the wings, it's not likely to last very long. Like it or not, Safe's relationship IS based on lies, maybe not between the couple, but it is based on lies from other people, and no matter how hard you try to keep those lies from seeing the light, the will come out one way or another, and Sami Brady knows that better than anyone in Salem!
EJ already has his daughter Sydney and Nicoole is deeply committed to ensuring he never finds out who the mother is.

At least Sami and Rafe are in the deception together rather than have lies between them....of course the 'truth' will come out...and prove that EJ is NOT Grace's father.

I think Rafe and Sami will be even closer and bonded then and will plan to deal with the fall out together hence the relationship build now. They have been collecting pieces of the puzzle this week and don't realise it yet but will start sharing what each of them knows eventually and start to piece things together. ie babies born on the same day, Dr Baker didn't want a reason from Rafe why he wanted him to keep quiet - Rafe's uneasy about that.

And let's not forget Nicole is the biggest obtacle to EJ finding out the real truth that Syndey is his and Sami's. Because Sami and Rafe don't even know that!!!!! Nicole is married to EJ with no prenup she's already said when the truth comes out she's keeping Sydney....so the games will begin but it will be a long and very twisted, dragged out story...I would not be surprised if there was no reveal this year - actually I'm sure they're going to celebrate these girls' chistmas and first birthdays before the reveal comes...of course JMO. If we do get a reveal this year it would be that 'Grace is EJ's daughter' which will thereafer be proven to be false and a cruel lie and deception of Sami's....

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 13 2009, 11:56 AM
Rafe isn't ready to even get engaged to marry Sami, but thinks he's ready to file legal papers until false pretenses to adopt her baby with another man who doesn't know he's the father? Why? What does he think this legal adoption is going to accomplish without marriage? Are he and Sami going to set up custody arrangements so Rafe can have Grace as his place certain days and Sami can have Grace at her place other days?

I can't tell based on this article if Will has a problem with Sami and Rafe being together or his objections to the adoption are simply because of how ridiculous it is.
i totally agree with this post.

will should definitely have an issue with this, as should anyone else in sami's life. grace needs stability and rafe and sami, as you said, aren't married, and don't seem to have plans to get marrried, either. i mean, who's to say sami isn't going to fuck this whole thing up somehow and a)rafe takes off, leaving her in the lurch or b)ej finds out he's the real father later, so rafe loses out anyway and so does grace..losing a man she has come to know as her father. i mean, is taking the chance that that happens really fair to either rafe or grace? no, of course not. it just makes things easier for sami, so i guess in her addled brain, that makes this adoption scheme a good idea.

i also hate the statements in the mag articles like 'oh, sami has grown up so much.' the fuck she has! she is hiding this child from the man she thinks is her father, and is substituting another 'daddy' who she finds suitable. she's not thinking of her child's well-being, period. what happnes if five years from now the truth comes out? grace will already be attached to rafe, but he will have no legal claim on her whatsoever becasue of sami and her lies about grace's paternity. ej could easily, easily get full protective custody and rafe and sami would never see that little girl again.

i can stand sami's bad decisions. what i can't stand is the fact that she makes them, and then every single freaking article i read in SOD or SOW has lines praising the character on how much she has grown up, or how she is really putting her kids first. what a load of crap.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I'm used to Sami's schemes and scams, but let's call them what they are. She hasn't grown up in the least, so I agree that it's ridiculous for it to be said that she has. The Safe relationship is based on lies, the only difference is they're not telling them to each other.

Will seems to be on the ball, so I'm sure he'll tell Sami how ridiculous this is, and I don't think it has anything to do with him supposedly wanting his parents back together. It's just a stupid idea, and even a 16-year-old kid knows that.

I wonder if this adoption goes through and then the baby switch stuff comes out, who would Grace legally belong to, Rafe or Mia?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
May 14 2009, 06:51 AM
ginababe
mesagirl

EJ already has his daughter Sydney and Nicoole is deeply committed to ensuring he never finds out who the mother is.

At least Sami and Rafe are in the deception together rather than have lies between them....of course the 'truth' will come out...and prove that EJ is NOT Grace's father.

I think Rafe and Sami will be even closer and bonded then and will plan to deal with the fall out together hence the relationship build now. They have been collecting pieces of the puzzle this week and don't realise it yet but will start sharing what each of them knows eventually and start to piece things together. ie babies born on the same day, Dr Baker didn't want a reason from Rafe why he wanted him to keep quiet - Rafe's uneasy about that.

And let's not forget Nicole is the biggest obtacle to EJ finding out the real truth that Syndey is his and Sami's. Because Sami and Rafe don't even know that!!!!! Nicole is married to EJ with no prenup she's already said when the truth comes out she's keeping Sydney....so the games will begin but it will be a long and very twisted, dragged out story...I would not be surprised if there was no reveal this year - actually I'm sure they're going to celebrate these girls' chistmas and first birthdays before the reveal comes...of course JMO. If we do get a reveal this year it would be that 'Grace is EJ's daughter' which will thereafer be proven to be false and a cruel lie and deception of Sami's....
But don't forget - there are other people (primarily Lucas) that knows Sami was pregnant with EJ's child when she went to WP - so even if it is revealed that Grace is not EJ's daughter it won't play for long as a cruel deception by Sami - it will spark the search for her true daughter. Once that first piece of the story is known it won't take Sami long to figure out the truth. She already 'knows' she and Nicole delivered babies on the same day. Mia and Dr. Baker aren't floating around for no reason. I think once the truth comes out, even if it's in pieces, the story will finally move along and I don't see a happily ever after for a single one of the 'current' couples that will be affected.

I totally agree with Gina - Sami's actions in this have taken a serious nosedive in using another man's daughter as the cement to build her new relationship on. Sami is a lot of things - but I've never known her to be that completely stupid. :shame:

Manda1

SocRMum1
May 14 2009, 09:48 AM
Manda1
ginababe
mesagirl

But don't forget - there are other people (primarily Lucas) that knows Sami was pregnant with EJ's child when she went to WP - so even if it is revealed that Grace is not EJ's daughter it won't play for long as a cruel deception by Sami - it will spark the search for her true daughter. Once that first piece of the story is known it won't take Sami long to figure out the truth. She already 'knows' she and Nicole delivered babies on the same day. Mia and Dr. Baker aren't floating around for no reason. I think once the truth comes out, even if it's in pieces, the story will finally move along and I don't see a happily ever after for a single one of the 'current' couples that will be affected.

I totally agree with Gina - Sami's actions in this have taken a serious nosedive in using another man's daughter as the cement to build her new relationship on. Sami is a lot of things - but I've never known her to be that completely stupid. :shame:
The writers have not being doing anything fast so whether Sami will find out quickly or not we'll have to wait and see. With Baker now gone the only other one than Nicole who knows seems like a set back to the likelyhood of an early or simple reveal. Nothings coming out unitl Baker is back on canvas for sure.

Sami will want to be discrete in her search for her baby because she still won't want EJ to know she was pregnant at all. So that will make the search for her baby extremely difficult. As to where the current couples will during or post reveal there are optional ways the story can play in my view. EJ could be pleased that he has Sydney and recognise that if not for Nicole he wouln't even know Sydney - or he could be mad a throw Nicole out...but I can't see that somehow....Nicole won't let him, she'll have some blackmail plan if he tries it! Sami and Rafe do not have lies between them if that total honesty between them continues there is a chance that they could stay intact.

Why would they break up? They have taken all decisions together so far. Sami didn't know Grace wasn't her birth child? She acted in good faith and will be more hurt than Rafe is if she doesn't keep Grace - she's breast fed that baby and totally bonded to her now etc. There will be some shared grief between them. And I doubt EJ is going to say to Sami there, there pumkin you naughty girl for trying to hide my daughter from me so that I would never know her but I forgive you! He may want to punish her or teach her a lesson but I will be surprised if he just says it's fine - how many days do you want Sydney to stay at yours? :lol:

I think Rafe will be Sami's support when the :shithitfan: on all this. And based on his current behaviour he will definitely be there :wub: .JMO

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
May 14 2009, 10:50 AM
SocRMum1
May 14 2009, 09:48 AM
Manda1
ginababe

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

The writers have not being doing anything fast so whether Sami will find out quickly or not we'll have to wait and see. With Baker now gone the only other one than Nicole who knows seems like a set back to the likelyhood of an early or simple reveal. Nothings coming out unitl Baker is back on canvas for sure.

Sami will want to be discrete in her search for her baby because she still won't want EJ to know she was pregnant at all. So that will make the search for her baby extremely difficult. As to where the current couples will during or post reveal there are optional ways the story can play in my view. EJ could be pleased that he has Sydney and recognise that if not for Nicole he wouln't even know Sydney - or he could be mad a throw Nicole out...but I can't see that somehow....Nicole won't let him, she'll have some blackmail plan if he tries it! Sami and Rafe do not have lies between them if that total honesty between them continues there is a chance that they could stay intact.

Why would they break up? They have taken all decisions together so far. Sami didn't know Grace wasn't her birth child? She acted in good faith and will be more hurt than Rafe is if she doesn't keep Grace - she's breast fed that baby and totally bonded to her now etc. There will be some shared grief between them. And I doubt EJ is going to say to Sami there, there pumkin you naughty girl for trying to hide my daughter from me so that I would never know her but I forgive you! He may want to punish her or teach her a lesson but I will be surprised if he just says it's fine - how many days do you want Sydney to stay at yours? :lol:

I think Rafe will be Sami's support when the :shithitfan: on all this. And based on his current behaviour he will definitely be there :wub: .JMO
Well, if we're using the initial scenario that was being discussed - which was that Sami would look like a cruel, scheming liar when she tries to claim that EJ is Grace's daughter then there will be absolutely no reason for Sami to be discreet in her search for her true daughter. Her secrets will already be out of the bag.

Rafe hates EJ. Has major issues with Sami having any contact with him - and his role was initially based on protecting Sami and Grace from the DiMeras. Once the truth is discovered he'd have to move heaven and earth to keep Sami away from EJ and Sydney - she will be doing anything and everything she can to build a relationship with her daughter and to earn EJ's forgiveness. I just don't see that sitting well with Rafe - and particularly, I don't see EJ being accomodating if Sami is trying to make ammends with the man she tried to give his daughter to still in the picture. As I've said before, I think the initial fall out will be very acrimonious for EJami but eventually the anger and hurt will subside and they'll focus on what is best for their two children. With that, both Nicole and Rafe will fade in to the distance. Well...Nicole might not exactly fade - more like be tossed out on her ass. She might try to blackmail EJ when the truth comes out - but he'll have her dead to rights. She kidnapped a child and attempted to raise her as her own. I don't really see Nicole having many bargaining chips against that - particularly with Sami salivating to make sure she pays for it. :shrug:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Manda1
May 14 2009, 10:50 AM

I agree with you that the writers will probably drag this out as long as possible, but who knows?

Besides Dr. Baker, Lucas knows the truth and he could go nuts after he finds out the truth about Chloe and how his mom and Maggie were keeping the truth about Daniel and Chloe's affair from him and fly off the handle and decide to expose Sami's secret too or just get drunk and blurt it out. Not to mention Lucas might wind up with his own reasons for breaking up Rafe and Sami after he's out of his relationship with Chloe and as much as he hates EJ I don't see Lucas being a cheerleader for Sami taking the step of having Rafe adopt EJ's kid.

And I don't know if it's 100 percent true that Sami and Rafe have no lies between them either. Sami has been pretty honest with Rafe, but doesn't Arianna say something to Rafe about how he's doing it again or it's happening to him all over again? Has Rafe ever told Sami about any past wife or girlfriend and kid before? And isn't there some backstory with Rafe that Sami tried to find out more about at the convent but she was never told? That would qualify as a secret, I would think. Now I don't know if this backstory would be reason at all or reason enough for Sami and Rafe to break up. But this is a soap and these two will break up at some point and the baby switch reveal coming out and turning their lives upside down could be as good a time as any for that to happen. I mean we don't know that Sami and Rafe would even be in sync in terms of how they would react to the news. Maybe Rafe will want to continue fighting for legal custody of Grace while Sami's heart goes out as a former teenage mother to Mia and thinks she should have some parental rights? There's a ton of ways this could go.

Plus, there is still that hinted at tragedy for Rafe, Sami and EJ hanging over all of this, whatever it is.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
May 14 2009, 11:19 AM
Plus, there is still that hinted at tragedy for Rafe, Sami and EJ hanging over all of this, whatever it is.
I keep seeing people say that whatever this tragedy is will affect Sami, Rafe and EJ, and that this was from the SOD May sweeps article. So I went back and looked and here's what was posted in the May Sweeps article summarized here:

Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe:Sami realizes EJ is always going to be a threat to her, so she goes to Rafe, they declare their love and consumate their love. Rafe volunteers to be a surrogate father to Grace taking us into June, where tragedy awaits all three of them.

There are actually four people listed under that subheading. My interpretation of the "three of them," was always Rafe, Sami and Grace--not Rafe, Sami and EJ. I didn't think that EJ had any role in the tragedy, whatever it is. I think we all assume that the victim has to be Grace--whether she dies or "merely" gets sick. This obviously would affect Rafe and Sami tremendously because they've both bonded with her.

And isn't this limited to May anyway? We have our spoilers out through the end of the month now and I'm not even seeing anything relating to a tragedy involving Rafe, Sami and EJ. ETA: I see now the indication is that the tragedy will happen in June. I still think the three people involved though are going to be Sami, Rafe and Grace.
Edited by Paxton, May 14 2009, 11:38 AM.

Dr. Chip

I understand that Rafe has been there with Sami through some hard times, and he has been with Grace from the beginning, but this man's level of interest in someone else's baby -- when he's not ready to even consider marrying her -- is a little creepy to me. It reminds me of that nutjob on Tinda Lao who seemed to be fantasizing about kidnapping Claire.

mirabella

Paxton
May 14 2009, 11:26 AM
IMissAremid
I keep seeing people say that whatever this tragedy is will affect Sami, Rafe and EJ, and that this was from the SOD May sweeps article. So I went back and looked and here's what was posted in the May Sweeps article summarized here:

Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe:Sami realizes EJ is always going to be a threat to her, so she goes to Rafe, they declare their love and consumate their love. Rafe volunteers to be a surrogate father to Grace taking us into June, where tragedy awaits all three of them.

There are actually four people listed under that subheading. My interpretation of the "three of them," was always Rafe, Sami and Grace--not Rafe, Sami and EJ. I didn't think that EJ had any role in the tragedy, whatever it is. I think we all assume that the victim has to be Grace--whether she dies or "merely" gets sick. This obviously would affect Rafe and Sami tremendously because they've both bonded with her.

And isn't this limited to May anyway? We have our spoilers out through the end of the month now and I'm not even seeing anything relating to a tragedy involving Rafe, Sami and EJ.
I interpreted the 3 people for whom the tragedy awaits as Sami, Rafe and Grace, as you did.

While the May Sweeps Preview was for May but the last line says, "Rafe volunteers to be a surrogate father to Grace taking us into June, where tragedy awaits all three of them", meaning that the tragedy awaits them in June......or, at least, that is what I take it to mean.

Thanks for looking up that summary!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

mirabella
May 14 2009, 11:39 AM
While the May Sweeps Preview was for May but the last line says, "Rafe volunteers to be a surrogate father to Grace taking us into June, where tragedy awaits all three of them", meaning that the tragedy awaits them in June......or, at least, that is what I take it to mean.
Yes, I edited to clarify because I missed that point about the tragedy unfolding in June. I'll be interested to see the next set of spoilers (but I'm a spoiler whore so that's always true, lol).

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 14 2009, 11:26 AM
IMissAremid

Quote:

And isn't this limited to May anyway? We have our spoilers out through the end of the month now and I'm not even seeing anything relating to a tragedy involving Rafe, Sami and EJ. ETA: I see now the indication is that the tragedy will happen in June. I still think the three people involved though are going to be Sami, Rafe and Grace.
I agree - I always thought the indication would be the three affected are Sami, Rafe and Grace. In fact, when I saw people saying otherwise I went back and re-read it and only then could I understand where that came from. But I still think the tragedy affects Safe and Grace - at least, initially.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply