Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Sami *UPDATED*; May 26th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 13 2009, 10:55 AM (3,864 Views)
mirabella

Paxton
May 14 2009, 11:41 AM
mirabella
May 14 2009, 11:39 AM
While the May Sweeps Preview was for May but the last line says, "Rafe volunteers to be a surrogate father to Grace taking us into June, where tragedy awaits all three of them", meaning that the tragedy awaits them in June......or, at least, that is what I take it to mean.
Yes, I edited to clarify because I missed that point about the tragedy unfolding in June. I'll be interested to see the next set of spoilers (but I'm a spoiler whore so that's always true, lol).
Lol. I just saw that you edited that. I know what you mean about being a spoiler whore because I am one, too. I can't wait to see the next ones that take us into June, too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

mbdimera
May 14 2009, 08:12 AM
I'm used to Sami's schemes and scams, but let's call them what they are. She hasn't grown up in the least, so I agree that it's ridiculous for it to be said that she has. The Safe relationship is based on lies, the only difference is they're not telling them to each other.

Will seems to be on the ball, so I'm sure he'll tell Sami how ridiculous this is, and I don't think it has anything to do with him supposedly wanting his parents back together. It's just a stupid idea, and even a 16-year-old kid knows that.

I wonder if this adoption goes through and then the baby switch stuff comes out, who would Grace legally belong to, Rafe or Mia?
I agree with this post...what you say is the truth..and to say Sami is"growing up"is the biggest joke I have ever heard..Lucas,her Grandmother and her Uncle have ALL told her that keeping this lie is wrong..and she continues on her merry way..thats NOT being an adult..and noone can make me think it is..the womanly thing to do,would be to tell this man she has give birth to his child again..then maybe we could work on her "growing up'.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
May 14 2009, 07:09 AM
IMissAremid
May 13 2009, 11:56 AM
Rafe isn't ready to even get engaged to marry Sami, but thinks he's ready to file legal papers until false pretenses to adopt her baby with another man who doesn't know he's the father? Why? What does he think this legal adoption is going to accomplish without marriage? Are he and Sami going to set up custody arrangements so Rafe can have Grace as his place certain days and Sami can have Grace at her place other days?

I can't tell based on this article if Will has a problem with Sami and Rafe being together or his objections to the adoption are simply because of how ridiculous it is.
i totally agree with this post.

will should definitely have an issue with this, as should anyone else in sami's life. grace needs stability and rafe and sami, as you said, aren't married, and don't seem to have plans to get marrried, either. i mean, who's to say sami isn't going to fuck this whole thing up somehow and a)rafe takes off, leaving her in the lurch or b)ej finds out he's the real father later, so rafe loses out anyway and so does grace..losing a man she has come to know as her father. i mean, is taking the chance that that happens really fair to either rafe or grace? no, of course not. it just makes things easier for sami, so i guess in her addled brain, that makes this adoption scheme a good idea.

i also hate the statements in the mag articles like 'oh, sami has grown up so much.' the fuck she has! she is hiding this child from the man she thinks is her father, and is substituting another 'daddy' who she finds suitable. she's not thinking of her child's well-being, period. what happnes if five years from now the truth comes out? grace will already be attached to rafe, but he will have no legal claim on her whatsoever becasue of sami and her lies about grace's paternity. ej could easily, easily get full protective custody and rafe and sami would never see that little girl again.

i can stand sami's bad decisions. what i can't stand is the fact that she makes them, and then every single freaking article i read in SOD or SOW has lines praising the character on how much she has grown up, or how she is really putting her kids first. what a load of crap.
Great post!!I could not agree more!

michelle
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 14 2009, 11:26 AM
IMissAremid
May 14 2009, 11:19 AM
Plus, there is still that hinted at tragedy for Rafe, Sami and EJ hanging over all of this, whatever it is.
I keep seeing people say that whatever this tragedy is will affect Sami, Rafe and EJ, and that this was from the SOD May sweeps article. So I went back and looked and here's what was posted in the May Sweeps article summarized here:

Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe:Sami realizes EJ is always going to be a threat to her, so she goes to Rafe, they declare their love and consumate their love. Rafe volunteers to be a surrogate father to Grace taking us into June, where tragedy awaits all three of them.

There are actually four people listed under that subheading. My interpretation of the "three of them," was always Rafe, Sami and Grace--not Rafe, Sami and EJ. I didn't think that EJ had any role in the tragedy, whatever it is. I think we all assume that the victim has to be Grace--whether she dies or "merely" gets sick. This obviously would affect Rafe and Sami tremendously because they've both bonded with her.

And isn't this limited to May anyway? We have our spoilers out through the end of the month now and I'm not even seeing anything relating to a tragedy involving Rafe, Sami and EJ. ETA: I see now the indication is that the tragedy will happen in June. I still think the three people involved though are going to be Sami, Rafe and Grace.
That is exactly how I read it as well - EJ was not included in that tragedy, only Sami, Rafe and Grace.

michelle
Member Avatar

I'm so bored with this part of the story I can barely watch.

Just seems these characters have the same convo over and over and over and over without moving forward. Everyday is just a rehash of the same thing.

Manda1

michelle
May 14 2009, 02:14 PM

Just seems these characters have the same convo over and over and over and over without moving forward. Everyday is just a rehash of the same thing.
I know the ejami scenes are as dull as dishwater and I'm sure these are just going to be another stupid fight with Sami slaping EJ or screaming at him at the top of her lungs :run: :peek: :lol: jus teasing I know this isn't what you meant,,,,just having fun :laugh:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Manda1
May 14 2009, 02:27 PM
michelle
May 14 2009, 02:14 PM

I know the ejami scenes are as dull as dishwater and I'm sure these are just going to be another stupid fight with Sami slaping EJ or screaming at him at the top of her lungs :run: :peek: :lol: jus teasing I know this isn't what you meant,,,,just having fun :laugh:
Your definition of fun = baiting.

Just sayin... :whistle:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Manda - I actually agree with you and there's no baiting, just honesty.

The thought of watching EJ and Sami yell at each other and fight over their child is obnoxious...I am sure Sami will bring up Stefano and the evil Dimeras...and EJ will play all innocent and just be concerned about safety.
Sami will throw in the words "my son" constantly and get all huffy and dramatic. Throw in a screechy voice and I am sure it will sound much better. :eyeroll:
So yes, same conversation - over and over and over.

Yesterday, with Nicole, Sami had a hissy and scared the crap out of the little girl...all in the name of "protecting" the baby. How's about keeping your voice down and your tone softer if you are thinking of the kid so much.

Sami is nothing but a fucking childish drama queen who wouldn't know mature if it ibit her in the ass.

There, I feel better.
Edited by Alligato, May 14 2009, 02:44 PM.

joy21

so sami thinks it is too soon for her and rafe to get married, but its not too soon for him to have legal rights to her kid? i dont know, both seem like major decisions to me, that i wouldnt want to rush into.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
May 14 2009, 02:43 PM

The thought of watching EJ and Sami yell at each other and fight over their child is obnoxious...I am sure Sami will bring up Stefano and the evil Dimeras...and EJ will play all innocent and just be concerned about safety.
Sami will throw in the words "my son" constantly and get all huffy and dramatic. Throw in a screechy voice and I am sure it will sound much better. :eyeroll:

Yesterday, with Nicole, Sami had a hissy and scared the crap out of the little girl...all in the name of "protecting" the baby. How's about keeping your voice down and your tone softer if you are thinking of the kid so much.

Sami is nothing but a fucking childish drama queen who wouldn't know mature if it ibit her in the ass.

There, I feel better.
But the EJami scenes haven't even aired yet...and it's been a couple of weeks since they've had one...so I sincerely doubt those are the scenes Michelle was referring to when she talked about this part of the story being boring and the scenes being repetitive.

Manda even stated she knew that wasn't what Michelle meant...she was just having fun.

Like I said, she calls it fun - I call it baiting. It's just another opportunity for you both to take a shot at EJami - I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Ellie

First post has been updated with additional information from the SOD article.

michelle
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 14 2009, 04:43 PM
Alligato

There, I feel better.
But the EJami scenes haven't even aired yet...and it's been a couple of weeks since they've had one...so I sincerely doubt those are the scenes Michelle was referring to when she talked about this part of the story being boring and the scenes being repetitive.

Manda even stated she knew that wasn't what Michelle meant...she was just having fun.

Like I said, she calls it fun - I call it baiting. It's just another opportunity for you both to take a shot at EJami - I'm just pointing out the obvious.
Oh if Ejami had any scenes together, and Sami launched into her same ole self righteous crap, I would have said that was boring as well. But it was about Sami and Rafe, so I was commenting, as I have a right too, on them and their boringness.

In another thread I commented on how lame I thought Phil and Stephanie are too, and doc Baker and Ej. Thankfully, no one has told me how annoying it is that I have that opinion.
Edited by michelle, May 14 2009, 07:24 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Um...I really don't need an "opportunity" to take a shot at EJami...in the past year, they give me enough shitty scenes all on their own.

And sorry if you see it as baiting...then again, as long as you aren't saying it, it's baiting, so whatever. Stop acting so self righteous.

Thanks for clearing it up, Michelle. That is what I thought you meant.

michelle
Member Avatar

Alligato

There, I feel better.
Nevermind.
Edited by michelle, May 14 2009, 07:34 PM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for adding the update Ellie. It's much appreciated. :)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
May 14 2009, 07:29 PM
SocRMum1
Um...I really don't need an "opportunity" to take a shot at EJami...in the past year, they give me enough shitty scenes all on their own.

And sorry if you see it as baiting...then again, as long as you aren't saying it, it's baiting, so whatever. Stop acting so self righteous.

Thanks for clearing it up, Michelle. That is what I thought you meant.
Oh no...I get that. You find all kinds of ways to take shots at EJami (and their fan base). This conversation is a perfect example.
I'm not being self righteous - just keeping it real.

Thanks for adding the update to the article, Ellie. I will say they are dropping huge anvils about how devastated Rafe will be when the truth comes out that Grace isn't Sami's daughter. I wonder if that will somehow play in to whatever they keep alluding to having happened in his past.

samixxx
Member Avatar

"No matter where he was in the world, if Grace were in trouble, [Rafe] would come and help her. He is clearly that guy and she wants to give her daughter that protection

Wonderful! Trust, great foundation.

mirabella

samixxx
May 14 2009, 11:13 PM
"No matter where he was in the world, if Grace were in trouble, [Rafe] would come and help her. He is clearly that guy and she wants to give her daughter that protection

Wonderful! Trust, great foundation.

I agree. Trust is one of the most important things a couple can share. That is definitely something that Sami and Rafe have, a great foundation.

Ellie, thank you so much for posting the soap magazine information each week. It is much appreciated. :hail:
Edited by mirabella, May 14 2009, 11:49 PM.

Nicole Walker

"No matter where he was in the world, if Grace were in trouble, [Rafe] would come and help her. He is clearly that guy and she wants to give her daughter that protection."

That is so true and fits Rafe character to the T. That is one reason why I love him.

Shasta

Rafe thinking he can adopt Grace is just stupid! The adoption process is not that easy. They would have to go to court, then they would have to provide the paperwork from when Sami adopted Grace (which they do not have, because it never happened)... or they would have to provide birthparent consent. This would then reveal that Sami is the mother on the birth certificate Sami has... thus revealing that Grace is Sami's. SO then it would reveal that EJ is the father. Rafe still can not adopt Grace...because, the adoption would require the birthfather's consent...which we all know will never happen. So this whole storyline is impossible and beyond ridiculous. Sami should know Rafe (or anyone else) will never be able to legally adopt Grace and Rafe as an FBI agent should know that he can not legal try to do this action. I thought Rafe was being made out as a good guy on the show? In trying to adopt Grace without EJ's consent...he would be in essence.. kidnapping the child with falsified documents (because he is fully aware of who they believe to be Grace's real parentage!)

Then comes the whole mess where people find out that Grace is not really Sami's daughter... Was Grace ever legally adopted from Mia by Nicole? or Is the baby kidnapped all the way around? And will Nicole fight to keep Grace when Sydney is taken from her? Stupid messy non sensical storyline IMO
Edited by Shasta, May 15 2009, 01:53 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply