Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: I've got Stephanie! *UPDATED*; May 26th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 13 2009, 11:10 AM (3,603 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I would agree that the Ava story was not about Steve and Kayla. It ended up being all about Ava and there was almost literally no fallout for Steve and Kayla afterwards. I thought they might be getting story with baby Joe, but then that seemed to get abruptly terminated and after that we hardly ever saw them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dooldooldool

OK, so I will admit I am not a slave to the spoiulers, but my impression is that the "Stephanie Kidnapped" storyline will play out over just a few "Salem Days" and they are not planning a summerlong abduction a la "ShawnD in Jan's Cage". If Stephanie is "in peril" for just a couple days, will anyone outside the feuding parties een know that she is gone?

Of course, my fear is that it will be a summerlong abduction as Owen and Steph exchange tales of split ends and the benefits of puttng a mop of hair into the convenient "bun".

After three days with this "Owen", I am not impressed. He ain't no bad boy or Patch the Pawn 2.0.

Dallas812

Thanks for the info.

MrsDimera

Ellie
May 13 2009, 11:10 AM
Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features interviews with James Scott and Shelley Hennig.

Scott explains that the Kiriakis family has taken EJ's father, they're asking him to sign over his business, and EJ "doesn't have a lot to come back at them." So, "[EJ] takes the one thing Philip loves more than anything in the world", and EJ hopes this will convince them to return Stefano.

Meanwhile, Stephanie wakes up in a morgue drawer. Hennig explains that Stephanie "freaks out". Stephanie wakes up and doesn't know where she is. Then suddenly, she sees daylight and she sees Owen. She recognizes him from the Kiriakis house, and after a moment, she realizes she has been kidnapped.

Owen takes Stephanie's picture and sends it to EJ. EJ sees Philip on the pier, and EJ tells Philip that he's taken Stephanie. Scott explains that "Philip has a fairly large ego and is a pretty smart guy, but his initial assumption is that EJ is BS-ing him."

Philip tells EJ that the feud is between them and not their loved ones, but EJ does not agree. EJ shows Philip Stephanie's picture on the cell phone. He tells Philip that Stefano must be released.

Philip meets with Victor, and he begs him to "release Stef for Steph", as SOW puts it. Meanwhile, at the morgue, Stephanie realizes that Owen has a crush on her, and she convinces him to let her out of the drawer. Then, she knees him in the groin and tries to escape. However, before she can leave, her cell phone rings. Stephanie doesn't know who's calling, but it's EJ. Hennig explains that "Owen doesn't know who's hearing Stephanie on that phone, so he grabs her and grabs the phone and she gets away."

Stephanie runs outside and Owen catches up with her, but as they're struggling, she falls and hits her head. Owen brings her back in the morgue and puts her back in a drawer. When she wakes up again, there is no air in the drawer, and she hyperventilates. She faints, and Owen finds her in time to revive her.

Victor agrees to release Stefano, but then Owen begins to rethink things. Hennig says that "he's a pawn", and that Stephanie "can tell he doesn't want to hurt her, because he hasn't hurt her already."

EJ waits at a predesignated meeting spot, but Owen has another plan...

Additional information from the SOD article:

- After the events detailed in the SOW article, EJ feels guilty about taking Stephanie, and he confides in Nicole. James Scott tells SOD that "first of all, she's going to find out anyway," and that EJ is not proud of what he's done. Scott explains that when EJ ordered the shooting of Philip, EJ was doing that on the assumption that Philip was responsible for Tony's death. But here, EJ has ordered Stephanie kidnapped, and she's an innocent party, so this "sits differently on his conscience".

I wonder what Nicole's response will be...

Will she encourage EJ to keep Stephanie a little longer? After all Stephanie is a part of Sami's family and anything to take a swipe at Sami, is good in her book?

Or does she try to get EJ to release her or help find and release her? Because Stephanie in a twisted way is family to Brady. :frustration:

On a side note, I would like to say I like the Gray EJ coming back. Not the bad ass with no heart that he's been lately. :iloveyou:

sungrey

Owen is definitely Patch 2.0. Take it from someone who watched the original story... it's a redo, much like Owen putting Stephanie in the morgue is kind of JER's buried alive story all over again. BUT... it's watchable, so I'll see where it goes.

I can't agree more that S/K are needed in some capacity for this story to work. Remember, though, most of Bo and Hope's original adventures were played out without Doug and Julie on the canvas so there is a precedent for this, I guess.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply