Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Melrose,' 'Vampire' look likely at CW; Both new shows given permission to staff
Topic Started: May 15 2009, 11:29 AM (240 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

'Melrose,' 'Vampire' look likely at CW
Both new shows given permission to staff up

By Nellie Andreeva

May 14, 2009, 10:35 PM ET
"Melrose Place" and "Vampire Diaries" continue to march to the CW's fall schedule.

Both projects on Thursday were given permission to begin staffing, the clearest indication yet by the network that both series will be picked up.

With its name recognition and built-in buzz factor, the updated "Melrose" was an instant favorite before a single page of the script was written.

Still, the CW execs waited to watch the CBS Par-produced pilot and liked what they saw.

For the WBTV-produced "Vampire Diaries," based on Alloy's series of books about a girl in a love triangle with two vampire brothers, the network hopes to catch the vampire pop-culture wave ignited by the success of the "Twilight" franchise and HBO's "True Blood."

But in the end, "Vampire" scored on its highly praised script and the execution of the pilot.

With "Melrose" and "Vampire" on the schedule, the battle is on for what is believed to be the last remaining spot among "Beautiful Life," "Life Unexpected" and bubble freshman "Privileged."

The "Gossip Girl" spinoff continues to be in contention for midseason

source: THR.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sounds like The CW will have me peaking in their doors. I'm praying Beautiful Life gets picked up.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Amello
May 15 2009, 11:31 AM
I'm praying Beautiful Life gets picked up.
I think it will.

I can't believe there's even a possibility of Privilege getting renewed!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply