Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Conf: Blake Berris on his Emmy nom
Topic Started: May 15 2009, 04:45 PM (901 Views)
Ellie

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2009/05/dc-exclusive-exdays-star-blake-berris-on-how-his-emmy-nod-made-him-burn-breakfast

Of all the head-scratching 2009 Daytime Emmy nominations, I was glad to see the Academy got a few nods right. Two of those were former Days of Our Lives breakout stars Blake Berris (ex-Nick) and his real life pal Rachel Melvin (ex-Chelsea), who were nominated in the Best Younger Male Lead and Best Younger Female Lead categories respectively. From his very first air show, I knew the immensely-talented, theater-vetted Berris would stand out in Salem.

Melvin managed the unthinkable during her time on DAYS. She made me to finally forgive her character for mowing down the child of my favorite couple ever. Melvin infused Chelsea, a character that could have been a token, one-note, prototypical DAYS villainess, with tons of heart. I really don't even remember when it happened but before I knew it, I had stopped loathing Chelsea, and came to see her as a viable, bonafide heroine, and that is to Melvin's credit. I caught up with Berris who shared with Daytime Confidential how he learned of his nomination from Melvin, and how it caused him to wreck a meal.

"I got a call from Rachel [Melvin] in the morning and as soon as I saw her number I knew she was going to have some type of news, so my stomach kinda dropped, and she said, 'Do you know you're nominated for an Emmy?' I think i screamed, "Holy $^%$!" and ran around the house like a crazy person. I burned the eggs i was making," the actor reveals.

Berris goes on to congratulate his former stomping ground on their nomination for Best Drama Series.

"I am so proud of everyone at DAYS," says Berris. "They have been dealt some tough cards lately and this validation really is a testamant to the work ethic over there."

That's what I call a Class Act.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

I'm happy for him. I hope he takes home the emmy. :D Rachel too.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks for posting, Ellie.

He is a class act, indeed! :D

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I hope he wins as well..He's a great younger actor and really shined last year when Nick went a little crazy..

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

How cute is that? I wish Days noms had any kind of chance. He deserves to win!

Bradyclan

So cute. Blake really shined on his way out . He deserves it. I'm rooting for both him and Rachel.

King
Member Avatar

I can't stand his acting or his character, but his last few weeks on the show, he really blew me away! I really think he deserves this nod very much. He impressed me a lot, and I was his biggest critic.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

OMG, he got the nom! I'm so excited for him! LOL at 'running around like a crazy person', since acting like a crazy person is what got him the nomination. Even though Days never gets any Emmys, BB's reel was insane. Heartbreaking. I can't help but feel like he has a great chance at actually winning.

Edited by fenderbabe, May 16 2009, 11:26 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

King
May 16 2009, 10:54 AM
I can't stand his acting or his character, but his last few weeks on the show, he really blew me away! I really think he deserves this nod very much. He impressed me a lot, and I was his biggest critic.
Same here, I only liked him his last month.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

It just proves they were wasting his talent for so long. I knew he could do more then just follow Chelsea around and say "I'll be there for you."

And given the storyline wasn't that good, Nick being the killer was hastily written in and yet I was still riveted.

And I didn't think about the connection that BB running around like a crazy person mirrors what got him the nod. Ha!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It was ironic that he was running around like a crazy person and he got nominated for being a crazy person LOL.

I love Blake and I hope he does win. He deserves it. I don't think anyone else in that category has material in the same league as him.

It's so cute that Rachel called him and he is such as class act with the comments he made about the show.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Blake deserves to win that Emmy!

He is a very compelling actor. His look is offbeat but his nuances are so pitch perfect. Too bad Days wasted him with such a lack of comittment to the character of Nick.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply