Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ex-SuBe and Passions alum to Days?
Topic Started: May 16 2009, 12:53 PM (2,054 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Daytime Confidential

One of DC's faithful site members, Appleridge, just tipped me off to buzz that former Sunset Beach star Nick Stabile (ex-Mark) is set to join Days of Our Lives soon. The actor, who also served as a temporary fill-in for Justin Hartley as Fox Crane on Passions, reportedly posted about the gig on his Facebook wall. I liked Stabile on SB and even enjoyed his camptastic turn in that one Chucky flick, and since DAYS is becoming more and more watchable by the episode, I am intrigued to learn more about his potential new character. Wouldn't it be great if he was (gasp) a Horton?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

Ooooooooh, I like this guy....is he that 25 year old doctor for Melanie???? I hope so!

Edit: Then again, he is QUITE older than THAT...but from what I saw of him on Passions several years back, unless he's drastically aged, he does NOT look that age....at ALL.
Edited by daysfan, May 16 2009, 01:01 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I think he will make a great Jeremy Horton. Lets hope that is the role he is playing

mirabella

Mikegoldy
May 16 2009, 01:00 PM
I think he will make a great Jeremy Horton. Lets hope that is the role he is playing
He would be a good Jeremy, or any Horton for that matter, but I am afraid he is too old for Jeremy or Melanie's love interest.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

He's cute but I hope he's not Jeremy Horton and I hope he's not paired with Melanie at all. IMDB says he's 38!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

The actor plays younger than he looks IMO. And I may be in the minority, but Melanie looks to be in her early 20s so I don't think there much of a problem. I can see Maggie being very involved in this, due to her friendship with Melanie. I hope it all works the way I want it to.

Mason
Member Avatar

Surprise, surprise, another shitty actor who worked with Tomlin joins the cast...

downwhtone
Member Avatar

^LOL! Awww.....I liked him on Sunset Beach.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Let's just hope he's still pretty.
Quote Post Goto Top

wkline
Member Avatar

Mason
May 16 2009, 05:43 PM
Surprise, surprise, another shitty actor who worked with Tomlin joins the cast...
:roflol:

sungrey

I actually thought he was decent on Sunset Beach. Ya, Passions probably tarred him for life (lol, all the Passions "love" on this board), but I'll give Nick a shot if he joins.

Supposedly they're bringing this character on as a Melanie interest, but the more I see Molly with Eric Martsolf I think they should head in that direction. :)

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I loathed sunset beach...I am freaking cringing just thinking about some other piss any from a failed shiteous soap coming to Dools....Oh, the horrors!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Hmm...never expected this but I did expect a Sunset Beach or Passions actor to win the role.

I liked Stabile on Sunset Beach but not on Passions. He's not bad. I will give him a chance. I do think he has a Jeremy look to him. Of course, there are other actors I would prefer but whatever.

We'll see if this happens. I don't know if I like him for Melanie though.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mikegoldy
May 16 2009, 05:23 PM
The actor plays younger than he looks IMO. And I may be in the minority, but Melanie looks to be in her early 20s so I don't think there much of a problem. I can see Maggie being very involved in this, due to her friendship with Melanie. I hope it all works the way I want it to.
I agree. That is why I never minded the Philip/Melanie relationship. I don't think Molly does not look the age she plays on the show so I can buy her and Philip. I don't even mind her and Brady now. I don't know if she matches up well with Stabile.

I can see Maggie kind of pushing Melanie and Jeremy together but I believe Jeremy will still like Stephanie and I expect him to scheme with Melanie to break Philip and Stephanie up since Jeremy has already been set up to be a schemer too. Melanie/Jeremy/Stephanie/Philip can be the modern version of Sami/Lucas/Carrie/Austin with Philip and Stephanie acting as Austin and Carrie and Melanie and Jeremy acting as Sami and Lucas.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Meh. I didn't really care for him on Beach. The only great acting he ever gave was before Mark was killed off.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That was the only time they ever gave him material worth a damn thougj.

Poor Mark never had a storyline of his own. He was always sort of the third wheel, right up until the end.

He never really got the chance to show anything on Passions either so I am curious to see what he can do. I trust Marnie Saitta to make a good choice to suit the role.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, May 17 2009, 12:18 AM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
May 16 2009, 11:57 PM
Mikegoldy
I agree. That is why I never minded the Philip/Melanie relationship. I don't think Molly does not look the age she plays on the show so I can buy her and Philip. I don't even mind her and Brady now. I don't know if she matches up well with Stabile.

I can see Maggie kind of pushing Melanie and Jeremy together but I believe Jeremy will still like Stephanie and I expect him to scheme with Melanie to break Philip and Stephanie up since Jeremy has already been set up to be a schemer too. Melanie/Jeremy/Stephanie/Philip can be the modern version of Sami/Lucas/Carrie/Austin with Philip and Stephanie acting as Austin and Carrie and Melanie and Jeremy acting as Sami and Lucas.
That would be a fun direction for the show to take the Melanie-Phillip-Stephanie triangle, but given that Phillip was considered by so many as too old for Melanie I just think this guy will be even more noticeable that way. I fear it will just be like the Chelsea-Dan thing all over again.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
May 16 2009, 11:54 PM
Hmm...never expected this but I did expect a Sunset Beach or Passions actor to win the role.

I liked Stabile on Sunset Beach but not on Passions. He's not bad. I will give him a chance. I do think he has a Jeremy look to him. Of course, there are other actors I would prefer but whatever.

We'll see if this happens. I don't know if I like him for Melanie though.
Do we really know for sure he will be playing the new Horton from the casting call? Because someone showed me Molly´s twitter recently and she posted something about going to screen test just a few days ago, so I would suppose that casting is still in progress.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 17 2009, 01:18 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 16 2009, 11:57 PM
Mikegoldy

That would be a fun direction for the show to take the Melanie-Phillip-Stephanie triangle, but given that Phillip was considered by so many as too old for Melanie I just think this guy will be even more noticeable that way. I fear it will just be like the Chelsea-Dan thing all over again.
I don't see where Chelsea/Dan is anywhere near the same as Phil/Melanie.

Dan is old enough to be Chelsea's daddy.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
May 16 2009, 10:57 PM
I loathed sunset beach...I am freaking cringing just thinking about some other piss any from a failed shiteous soap coming to Dools....Oh, the horrors!
I never understood all the Sunset Beach hate. Here in Europe it was the most popular US soap, it had better ratings than B&B and DAYS. Why didn't the US soap fans like it?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply