Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ex-SuBe and Passions alum to Days?
Topic Started: May 16 2009, 12:53 PM (1,982 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Melanie is supposed to be 18. IRL Molly Burnett is 21. I don't see the problem.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
May 17 2009, 08:17 AM
I never understood all the Sunset Beach hate. Here in Europe it was the most popular US soap, it had better ratings than B&B and DAYS. Why didn't the US soap fans like it?
I liked it for what it was. I mean, it wasn't the most serious soap. It was never going to win an Emmy for Drama Series. Many times, it was campy and ridiculous and over the top -- but in a good way, unlike Passions. My biggest issue with the show was that they dragged certain stories out for entirely too long.

Bradyclan

I'll give him a chance but a big fat no if he's a love interest for Mel!! He's too old for her.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

SpriteEyes
May 17 2009, 08:05 AM
IMissAremid
May 17 2009, 01:18 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 16 2009, 11:57 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
That would be a fun direction for the show to take the Melanie-Phillip-Stephanie triangle, but given that Phillip was considered by so many as too old for Melanie I just think this guy will be even more noticeable that way. I fear it will just be like the Chelsea-Dan thing all over again.
I don't see where Chelsea/Dan is anywhere near the same as Phil/Melanie.

Dan is old enough to be Chelsea's daddy.
I guess I didn't explain myself very well.

What I was trying to say is not that Phil-Melanie is like Chelsea-Dan, but that this new guy and Melanie paired together could have a Chelsea-Dan vibe with how much older he will be.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Will Somebody please tell me wtf tiic of Days continues to pile on the male characters ? :soapbox: Crap.Sooner or later a couple more established characters are going to get pushed off the show
Edited by lastDays, May 17 2009, 07:09 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
May 17 2009, 04:34 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 16 2009, 11:54 PM
Hmm...never expected this but I did expect a Sunset Beach or Passions actor to win the role.

I liked Stabile on Sunset Beach but not on Passions. He's not bad. I will give him a chance. I do think he has a Jeremy look to him. Of course, there are other actors I would prefer but whatever.

We'll see if this happens. I don't know if I like him for Melanie though.
Do we really know for sure he will be playing the new Horton from the casting call? Because someone showed me Molly´s twitter recently and she posted something about going to screen test just a few days ago, so I would suppose that casting is still in progress.
Good point. However, the only other role we know they are casting for is the father of Mia's baby and I can't see Stabilie playing him as he would be too old to have done something with Mia. So, I tend to think this is for the role of the Horton we've been hearing about. No one has been casted yet so Stabile may have just tested for the role. I would give him a chance but there are others I would prefer.

six
Member Avatar

I don't remember this guy from passions, so this will be the first time I see him. He doesn't look like a Jeremy to me, but we could use more Hortons.

mirabella

six
May 18 2009, 02:19 PM
I don't remember this guy from passions, so this will be the first time I see him. He doesn't look like a Jeremy to me, but we could use more Hortons.
He filled in for Justin Hartley, who played Fox Crane, while he was out on paternity leave....only about 3 weeks or so.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

That reminds me... if we're going to bring back a Passions guy when are we gonna bring on Justin Hartley. Always loved him as Fox and he could be a good Eric.

Nicole Walker

If he's the one that played Fox after Justin Hartley left Passions than all I gotta say is hell naw! Maybe I should give him the benefit of a doubt. LOL.
Edited by Nicole Walker, May 18 2009, 05:31 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nicole Dimera
May 18 2009, 05:31 PM
If he's the one that played Fox after Justin Hartley left Passions than all I gotta say is hell naw! Maybe I should give him the benefit of a doubt. LOL.
No, you are thinking of Mark Cameron Wystrach. Nick Stabile was a temporary recast for Fox when Justin and Lindsay went on maternity leave together.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Yay! I have him on my blog. LOL.

He's good looking, but he's old now.

Too old for Jeremy!

BongoBonkers
Member Avatar

He looks like Bryan Dattilo I think they are even the same age any one sure its not a recast?
Anyways they are replacing the established males and bringing on Passions replacements. After they got their males lined up then they will bring in the women to accommodate its gonna be completely different show aka passion's lite.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Not that contracts mean anything these days, but wouldn't Dattilo still have quite a bit of time left on his contract since he just came back around this time last year?

If the show was to ever get rid of Bryan Dattilo, then they should just get rid of Lucas - the character. He's already barely on as it is right now when he actually sort of has a storyline with this Daniel-Chloe-Lucas triangle.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
May 19 2009, 07:03 AM
If the show was to ever get rid of Bryan Dattilo, then they should just get rid of Lucas - the character. He's already barely on as it is right now when he actually sort of has a storyline with this Daniel-Chloe-Lucas triangle.
Yeah, a recast seems utterly pointless to me. He just hangs around being clueless with Chloe and occasionally talking to Sami about her baby scheme. He's about as useful to me as Roman is. I don't hate him but there's really no reason for him to be around if they aren't going to write for him.

six
Member Avatar

mirabella
May 18 2009, 03:12 PM
six
May 18 2009, 02:19 PM
He filled in for Justin Hartley, who played Fox Crane, while he was out on paternity leave....only about 3 weeks or so.

Only three weeks? No wonder I don't remember him.

I don't see why they'd recast Lucas either. The Roman comparison is spot on. Always on the outskirts of a story, if he's in it at all, never getting the girl. I'm not calling for their firing, but I don't understand how either actor managed to dodge the cast cuts.

I think I saw an older shot of him before, because the newest pictures of him on this page make him look out of Melanie's age range.
http://www.nickstabile.com/photos.htm

Taelyn

ok .. Just a tad confused, isnt the guy they are bringing for Melanie a DR?? ... And Wasnt Jeremy a Pilot or something? Not to mention in serious legal trouble for human smuggling.
Is there a different Horton he could be ?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

It could either be a way too young Mike or Jeremy Horton returned if the characters has the Horton name, unless they create a new person named Horton like as if Mike and Robin had another son. Can't think of any other people who could even have the Horton name unless someone is taking the name out of wedlock through the mother.

I suppose another option would be a super SORASed Jack Jr.

If the show was actually using history in this (doubtful) it could I suppose be Scotty Banning (Julie Olson's grandson and thus a Horton via Addie Horton) in a really weird time warp as he left the show having been accepted to medical school back in 1990 (the role then was played by Rick Hearst who went on to GH and B&B).

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/scotty.php

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply