Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
More Days nominee reactions...
Topic Started: May 17 2009, 12:16 AM (781 Views)
Ellie

http://daysofourlives.com/news_events/detail_3811.html

We spoke with Peter Reckell, who received his first nomination. He found out when Noel Maxam, Days' supervising producer, called him. Peter says, "I was giving Loden her breakfast, and we were just laughing and having fun. Noel called and said "Hey, guess what?" I honestly didn't even know the nominations were coming out today. I'd really given up on accomplishing something like this and I was just doing my thing."

"It was kind of strange. Like I said, I was wrapped up in playing with Loden and Kelly. I told her and Kelly was excited, jumping up and down, telling me to call my mom. Then she went out to do some errands and I was playing with Loden, then I put her down for a nap. After that, I thought, whoa, this is exciting. It sort of took awhile to sink in. I don't know why, but once it sunk in, it's pretty exciting."

Darin Brooks said "I'm surprised, excited and grateful. I'm super stoked for everyone that was nominated, and I'm proud of the work we 've all done here at DAYS."

Blake Berris said "this is incredible validation for everyone." He continued, "Rachel actually called me and told me. I had checked online and it had everything up except for Best Younger Actor/Actress, and so when I saw Rachel's number, my stomach kinda dropped because I knew she would probably have news, good or bad. Then she told me and I think screamed some profanities and then ran around my house like a crazy person!" He submitted the episode where Nick finally admitted to killing Melanie's father.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/4280/DOOLs_Darin_Brooks_Emmy_Reaction_Interview

Darin Brooks chatted up Soaps.com with his reaction to his Daytime Emmy nod today, and after congratulating him, he thanked us and said, "Well we'll see what happens! I'm just super stoked for the whole show! Hell, 13 nominations this year total!!!" When asked for his thoughts on the other nominees, Brooks excitedly gave everyone a shout out. "Way to go everybody who works on Days - from the cast to the crew to everybody [else], way to go! And I'm proud to say I'm on Days of Our Lives! And good luck to everybody!" Darin says he found out he was nominated while on his way to Nashville, at Burbank airport! He received a text message from Stephanie Sloan from Soap Opera Digest. "And I just had to call her and said "Are you messin' with me?" (laughs) "But it was just great! I submitted some of my scenes with Max's father (played by the amazing and talented Roscoe Borne) and I guess we'll see if it's good enough to win!" We recall those very powerful scenes and thought they were some of his most powerful work as well! No wonder he got a nod! He sent out congratulations to Blake Berris who is up against Darin in the same category, and gracefully says, "He had some really good stuff this year so I also wish him the best of luck and if I don't take it home, I hope he does! Way to go brother!"

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/4302/Days_Of_Our_Lives_Rachel_Melvin_Reaction_to_Emmy_N

Rachel Melvin, soon to be ex-Chelsea Brady, has garnered another Daytime Emmy Nomination, as we reported last week. Soaps.com caught up with Melvin after the nominations came out and found out that she was at home when she found out about her own nomination. "I had just woke up and sat down to turn on "The Today Show," and received a text [message] from a friend in New York saying "Congrats," which was good because I guess they never announced the younger actor/actress categories." We asked about her thoughts on the show and her co-stars’ nominations and she says, "I'm very excited about all the nominations our show received. I was very happy for Blake especially. He's a close friend of mine and I have a great respect for his talent. I thought he should have been nominated last year so I was glad he got the recognition this year. It's also great to hear about Tamara and Peter, and of course Darin again. I think the coolest part is that the show itself earned a nom. I know that it's been a long time since it has and to have that happen the year I'm leaving... I'm just glad I get to be a part of such a great honor." Regarding the other show’s nominations, we asked if she had a few predictions to make. She tells us, "It's always hard to make predictions about the outcome of the awards because you really don't know what other actor/actress or shows submitted in their reel. I have high hopes for our show and that at least one of our talented actors/actresses can walk away with a statue. And if they do, I want to hold it!"

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I love Peter's comments about having given up hope of ever even getting a nomination. Days may not deserve drama series but IMO it's sort of a validation of all the work of the cast and crew who works so hard day after day to put a show on five days a week. Those people have been ignored unfairly for too long and it's sad because Days has always done quality work at times deserving of recognition, even when the wrong people were in charge. I'm so happy that last year and especially this year they are being recognized finally. I just wish some of the others who have come and gone had been given the chance.

It was so nice to read these comments and to read how excited they all are. They are all almost like little children experiencing their first Christmas. This is all so new to them (maybe not to Melvin and Brooks because they were nominated before but still). That is what makes this so fun and why new blood is needed in awards shows instead of the same old people and shows year after year getting nominations and wins even when they don't deserve it.

Thanks so much for this, Ellie. I'm so happy for all of them.

jane1978

Poor Peter. I´m sure the first thought when the producer called him was "oh, oh." It´s usually not a good news when someone from TPTB calls you home.

But congrats to everyone. I think Blake has the best chances, his stuff at the end was really exceptional. I especially loved his goodbay scenes with Chelsea, Maggie and Mel at the cop shop.

Ellie

First post updated with Rachel Melvin interview.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

That's cute she wants to hold it, I would too.

Bradyclan

Aww, love Rachel. I hope that both she and Blake get to hold their own Emmys.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

I hope Rachel wins. She's an amazing young actress and I believe she will have a fruitful career after DAYS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply