Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Weekly Discussion; Week of 5/18 -- 5/22
Topic Started: May 17 2009, 02:12 PM (2,890 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The Young & the Restless
Week of 5/18 - 5/22

Classic Clip: Larry Warton does a strip tease for Jill (I LOVED Jill & Larry :wub: )

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KatieDid

Thanks for the clip of Larry and Jill. Jess Walton is my favorite! Loved that love story with Jill and Larry. Poor Jill has become so bitter and I think it is from lack of love! Hope TIIC give her a real man, like Larry, to add some excitement to Jill's otherwise boring life. Some hot spice to "pep" her up! :<)

Manny
Member Avatar

I think they should separate Jill and Kay for a while from each other... Give Jill a storyline with Victor and also give her a love interest.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I can't get over how old looking the new Mac is. Heck even Nina looks younger then her.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

lol. I dont think she looks THAT old, especially now that she has more age appropriate hair. Tricia Cast is just one of those always beautiful people.

And Thom Bierdz didnt really look that old either in the brief glimps we got of him, when you compare him to Goddard. They both are meeting in the middle, with Bierdz weight gain, and Goddard's receding hairline.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

darraholic
May 17 2009, 04:20 PM
I can't get over how old looking the new Mac is. Heck even Nina looks younger then her.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Immadashell

Drew
May 17 2009, 10:53 PM

And Thom Bierdz didnt really look that old either in the brief glimps we got of him, when you compare him to Goddard. They both are meeting in the middle, with Bierdz weight gain, and Goddard's receding hairline.
:lol: So they balance each other out.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

totally

Leia
Member Avatar

NuMac looks like she is late 30's when she should look mid 20's. I can't wait for this week to start.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Is it wrong that I actually enjoyed this episode?

Lauren/Michael was easy filler but it was good to see them without the clan and they made me crave brownies real bad.

Tyra/Neil are so boring and lifeless together and is really the only problem I had with the episode.

I was really happy to see that Daniel/Lily scene and the acknowledgment of their past failed relationship. A lot of the time things like that are totally forgotten or glosses over and it makes me mad crazy LOL

Then there was the scene that was bound to happen with Amber/Daniel. They are no way destined to be together long. I am definitely ready for some angst in that relationship. I thought it was hilarious that Amber jumped in front of Mac to catch the bouquet.

Speaking of Mac, CF finally made me watch her near the end with her yelling at Billy to stay away from her. Let's hope this is the beginning of a turnaround for her blandness.
Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Wow, that Anna girl is a bad actress. I know this isn't Passions, but is it possible that the girl is actually a robot? Or one of those dolls (the names escapes me) where you pull the string and the doll says some droll cliche? "If you say it aloud, it won't come true" *vomit* She makes Charity Rahmer look like Meryl Streep lol.

Adam/Ashleigh scenes were delicious. Last week, Adam was more nuanced in his performance though. Today he had no split seconds of remorse. That could be worrying going forward - its always a slippery slope between troubled villain and cartoon monster.

I always thought Kevin would be the top and Daniel the bottom lol :P

Was Mac working in a salt mine 24 hours per day in Darfur? She sure looks it. I like this Billy though - good actor too.

Phyllis/Nick = zzzzzzzzz. Cane/Lilly, Devon and his extended family too. Bitchy Chloe and Amber grate.

I must say I didnt really like todays episode overall. Except for the Adam/Ashleigh story and waiting to see what happens with Sharon (who wasnt on today), not much is keeping me interested in this show. However I will watch a full month so as not to be too hasty, and I will stick to that. I'll probably still watch to see Adam/Ashleigh afterwards as well.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, it's cute the way you spell Ashley. :P

Kenny
Member Avatar

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but it annoys me that they didn't pick up where Friday's cliffhanger left off. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. When you give the audience a cliffhanger, you don't leave 'em hanging on Monday, LoL.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 18 2009, 06:18 PM
LoL, it's cute the way you spell Ashley. :P
Lol, I never even realized that until now. All two Ashleighs/Ashleys/Ashlees I have ever known IRL, spelt their name as Ashleigh. Thanks for pointing that out *makes mental note : Ashley* :)

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 18 2009, 06:50 PM
I haven't watched today's episode yet, but it annoys me that they didn't pick up where Friday's cliffhanger left off. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. When you give the audience a cliffhanger, you don't leave 'em hanging on Monday, LoL.
Well in this case, they had a logistical excuse since they wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible. I guess Thom Bierdz probably hasn't shot another scene until recently? But yeah, its annoying in general - they could of had Cane have a monologue in his head (as opposed to Days where they speak it aloud lol) explaining more or something like that to keep it movin'...
Edited by Southofsoap, May 18 2009, 06:57 PM.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

SouthofSoap you picked an interesting time to watch, LoL. Ugh, the show is so dull these last couple of days. THREE days in a row of Lily's big day?! I couldn't make it through today's episode. Other than that, Tricia Cast needs to just return to GC permanently because she is a natural.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I understand the lack of pick up on the friday reveal. 1 - there's really not been time for it, and 2 - it would have required Thom to have been taping for a month which they never woulda kept secret.

It'd be weird if suddenly Cane was having all these recriminations over his lies when he never has before, and also because we wont know what he's been lying about untill they get Phillip III's story going.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

^^^Yes, it would. I don't want to see any SUDDEN changes in Cane's character.

Mason
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
May 18 2009, 08:50 PM
I don't want to see any SUDDEN changes in Cane's character.
I do. Namely death.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I dont really want to see Cane's character in general.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply