Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Summer Preview!; June 2nd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 20 2009, 10:53 AM (12,495 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

"There will be a lot of romance and a big upturn in the Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ story," says Ken Corday. [All quotes below are from Corday.]

Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ: There is a "tragic turn of events" which makes it even more important for Sami to learn the truth about the baby switch. There are "explosive secrets" revealed, and "the repercussions are devastating" for these four characters. Nicole's guilt gets to her, and that leads her to betray EJ and help Sami. Sami begins to investigate Rafe's past, and we see another side to him.

Philip/Stephanie: Philip saves Stephanie from Owen, but she's traumatized and "secretly turns to pills for comfort". Stephanie must choose between Philip and her family. She is unable to accept Philip's lifestyle and breaks up with him for good.

Bo/Hope: Hope makes a generous charity donation which "garners a lot of unwanted publicity", and it is also noticed by a "mysterious person".

Daniel/Chloe/Kate: Kate catches Daniel and Chloe in a "compromising position", and Kate plans again for revenge. She plots to poison Chloe and frame Daniel.

Melanie/Nathan: Maggie's grandson Nathan, Melissa and Pete's son, is played by newcomer Mark Hapka. He moves in with Maggie and Mickey, and he is a first-year intern at University Hospital. "Sparks fly when he meets Melanie and learns they'll be living under the same roof."

Mia/Will/Chad: "We'll be seeing more of the teens this summer." Mia works at the Java Café, and she moves in with Maggie. Her ex-boyfriend Chad, played by newcomer Casey Jon Deidrick, is the father of her baby. He comes to Salem, and he doesn't know she was pregnant.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ: There is a "tragic turn of events" which makes it even more important for Sami to learn the truth about the baby switch. There are "explosive secrets" revealed, and "the repercussions are devastating" for these four characters. Nicole's guilt gets to her, and that leads her to betray EJ and help Sami. Sami begins to investigate Rafe's past, and we see another side to him.

Hmm, this is actually intriguing. Vague, certainly, but my curiousity is piqued. I actually kind of like the idea of Nicole and Sami being frenemies; they're much more tolerable that way than in spiteful catfights. I'm not quite seeing where the romance comes in, but maybe that's in the other stories. So, moving on . . . .

Quote:

Philip/Stephanie: Philip saves Stephanie from Owen, but she's traumatized and "secretly turns to pills for comfort". Stephanie must choose between Philip and her family. She is unable to accept Philip's lifestyle and breaks up with him for good.

Ok, as someone who doesn't like Philip and Stephanie together, this is good news, though again not romantic. I like the idea of Stephanie getting some character development as something other than arm candy. I don't blame her for being traumatized.

Quote:

Bo/Hope: Hope makes a generous charity donation which "garners a lot of unwanted publicity", and it is also noticed by a "mysterious person".

That, I say cautiously, could be interesting. No romance there either, though.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe/Kate: Kate catches Daniel and Chloe in a "compromising position", and Kate plans again for revenge. She plots to poison Chloe and frame Daniel.

Um, didn't we have this spoiler months ago?

Quote:

Melanie/Nathan: Maggie's grandson Nathan, Melissa and Pete's son, is played by newcomer Mark Hapka. He moves in with Maggie and Mickey, and he is a first-year intern at University Hospital. "Sparks fly when he meets Melanie and learns they'll be living under the same roof."

Don't care that much, but hey, at least Melanie will have a man roughly her own age and not be poisoning Philip or Brady for me, hopefully.

Quote:

Mia/Will/Chad: "We'll be seeing more of the teens this summer." Mia works at the Java Café, and she moves in with Maggie. Her ex-boyfriend Chad, played by newcomer Casey Jon Deidrick, is the father of her baby. He comes to Salem, and he doesn't know she was pregnant.

Any sentence that starts, "We'll be seeing more of the teens" ends with "zzzzzz" for me. Is there where the romance is?

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

peaches179

Ellie
May 20 2009, 10:53 AM
Mia/Will/Chad "We'll be seeing more of the teens this summer."

Wow! Just what I'm looking forward to this summer. :eyeroll: Thanks, Elllie!

Deleted User
Deleted User

There are three things I like.

1) Stephanie turning to pills. I LMAO at reading that. I hope that whiny shrew hits rock bottom.

2) The Bo/Hope story has my interest piqued. The story could very easily be a dud, but at least there is no mentions of some stupid vision LOL Plus, mystery people are always fun.

3) Love that Nathan is Melissa and Pete's son. Hopefully this could mean an appearance by Melissa in the future ...
Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie.

It all sound interesting, especially the EJole/Safe stuff. I wonder what Nicole helps Sami with?

Stephanie's pill addiction is just a recycle of the Nick stuff. I guess they figured it worked once so why not try it again? And are Steph and Phillip really broken up for good, and is Owen staying or going?

The teen stuff I don't really care about, but at least Terry will have something to look forward to.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

These spoilers sound GREAT!!! :wub:

Stephanie has always been self righteous and a goody two shoes of sorts. It is going to be a change to see her secretly in trouble, taking pills no less. I really did not see her and Philip getting marries anyway. They argue too much.

I also knew that this was going to be Kate's plan all along to poison Chloe and frame Daniel.

There is no mention of tha Dimera/Kiriakis feud I wonder what will be going on there.

Just how much room does Maggie have in her house with all these people moving in.

THANK YOU ELLIE!!!!!!
Edited by Virgo Twins, May 20 2009, 11:17 AM.

avelina
Member Avatar

Thanks for the 411!

lastDays
Member Avatar

Okay,these actually sound half way interesting. Someone is improving with the storytelling and I don't think its soley Higley's doing. WTF is with the poisoning plot? Did they jump the gun too soon awhile back when they had kate forge Daniel's sig? :shrug:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

So Sami would rather play nice with her arch-enemy Nicole then tell EJ....LMAO!!! SHOCKER....it's ALLL ABOUT SAMI! I guess Nicole's guilt stems from seeing baby Grace die. As for Rafe, I don't really care.
Quote:

Can they get Phil another woman...thanks! Maybe he's just going to turn dark?! For some reason when I read Stephanie and pills, it reminded me of that episode of "Saved by the Bell," where Jesse takes caffeine pills in order to get that A in Geometry and sing....LMAO..."I'm soooo excited...I'm sooo excited...."I'm so....."LMAO
I think this pill SL is going to be lame....might Owen be there to help her out?
Quote:

AGAIN????? Come on, for the love of anything tolerable....just break up Chloe and Lucas already! I think they should have Lucas just remember and have Maggie and Kate try to derail him remembering....why this stupid thing with poison!
Quote:

YAY for Mel!! I'm starting to like this character and glad that she FINALLY gets a man around her age! I'm all for this!!!

Why does Mia move in with Maggie...might it cause conflict between Mel and Mia? I thought she was living with her cousin?

I dont care about Bope nor the teen scene....just hope that its not 80% teen scene and then the rest!
Thanks for posting!
Liz

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for posting Ellie!

Wow I am not sure that I like much about a lot of these.

A great big WTF to the Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole stuff. Why on earth would Nicole betray EJ for Sami at this point given all that she has done to this point to keep them apart and keep her actions a secret and given how much she hates Sami? I mean how would that even happen when this whole baby switch deal is NICOLE'S DOING, not EJ's?!?! This whole thing came about because Nicole didn't have the guts to tell EJ the truth that his baby died and now suddenly he's the villain in the baby switch ordeal? Oh that's going to piss me off something fierce if that is how this plays out. The only way I could buy this development for Nicole is if somehow Sami was able to blackmail Nicole into helping her (which actually would be interesting). Hope the other side to Rafe is actually interesting unlike this one.

Meh to that being the resolution of Phillip and Stephanie. Not really looking forward to seeing Stephanie drugging it up, but I guess it's good that they aren't getting married with Stephanie not having Steve to walk her down the aisle. And I hope that doesn't mean we're Phillip-less just because they are breaking up Phinie for a while. Also where are Victor and Stefano? Sounds like the feud fizzles out after the climax with Owen I guess. Hmmm. Hope that was just an oversight for them not to be mentioned.

I wonder if Hope makes her charitable donation in Zack's name after what happens with Grace. That would make sense for her to be affected by what happens. Curious about this mysterious person watching them and much more interested in this sort of story for them than Bo's visions.

WTF at Kate being back to revenge? Why did they stop/slow down the Kate revenge story only to have her back to plotting murder all over again? And poor poor Lucas. Poor poor chronically cuckolded Lucas. Chloe cheats on him and the story isn't even about him AT ALL. Very bummed that it doesn't sound like Lucas has any role at all in the baby switch story and that it doesn't appear that they found a way to tie everything together when that opportunity was just staring them in the face right here.

Glad they didn't decide to pair that older ex-Passions, ex-SuBe guy to be Melanie's love interest but actually Maggie's grandson. It's a nice touch that they had those scenes a week or so ago with Maggie mentioning Melissa and Sarah to set up this. But LOL at this new guy, Melanie and Mia all apparently living at Maggie's Boarding House.

Paxton
Member Avatar

I wonder why no Brady in the previews. I'm starting to wonder whether he'll be Stephanie's listening ear through her (apparent) addiction and the writers will conveniently forget they're related. Please no, I don't want that, but I guess it's possible. Still not quite seeing where the "lots of romance" is, and if they didn't even bother to preview Brady and Arianna maybe it isn't there.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ellie
May 20 2009, 10:53 AM
Please link to DR.

"There will be a lot of romance and a big upturn in the Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ story," says Ken Corday. [All quotes below are from Corday.]

Wow! It appears the tragic event we've been talking about around here for the past few days is indeed going to happen. :'( I have always thought the only true way to redeem Nicole in all of this would be for her to come clean and show remorse...and it certainly looks like that is where they are headed. I'll have to see how it plays out, though, because I can't even begin to imagine that Nicole will help Sami by handing over Sydney...so the way she helps her (and betrays EJ at the same time) is very intriguing. Sami is going to investigate Rafe? Uh...okay. ^o) Interesting she wasn't thinking about doing that before she agreed to allow him to adopt her daughter.

Philip and Stephanie are going to break up for good? Corday really isn't too subtle about his 'previews', is he? :lol:

I'm glad to see something for Bope that has absolutely nothing to do with stupid visions. Please, please let this mean they've dropped that ridiculous storyline.

And as much as I think I could like a Danloe pairing I really wish they'd just get on with it already. It's almost as though they changed their mind about Kate's revenge/interference - and now we're starting again from scratch. Perhaps they can save money by just re-running the initial scenes?

Melanie and Nathan might have some potential. I've really been enjoying MB lately. Hopefully the actors will have the necessary chemistry. I was surprised to see it's going to be Pete and Melissa's son - a nice nod to some history of the show.

And finally I am pretty surprised Mia doesn't seem to be all that involved in the baby switch story - at least from how this reads. I'm guessing it will all eventually tie back together with her being involved but for now it appears she's out of the fray.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I think the "lots of romance" may be the SAFE stuff.

Can I get some "lots of romance" with a side of EJ & Nicole hottness!!!
Liz

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh my God, with the exception of Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ, this all sounds terrible! I mean, terrible. TERRIBLE! More teens this summer, plus more newcomers? I don't give a flying shit about Chad or Mia and while it's nice that Nathan is at least related to Maggie, I doubt anyone will give a shit about him either.

Wasn't Kate plotting revenge/murder against Daniel and Chloe earlier this spring? And didn't she end up deciding to not go through with it? If that's the case, why is she right back to doing the same thing this summer? This zig-zag storytelling is such crap. It completely takes the wind out of the sails. The story has lost its momentum entirely. Why does this writing team keep making the same mistakes over and over?

Bo and Hope sound like filler.

Stephanie turning to pills sounds boring.

Couldn't give two shits less about Melanoma. Ditto that for Mia/Will/Chad.

I seriously can't believe that these are the summer previews for Days of Our Lives. Are we sure that this isn't some new spinoff we weren't told about that just happens to have a familiar name?

esp13
Member Avatar

My first question is when did Pete and Melissa have a kid?

Beyond that, it's sound pretty decent. I've mostly been a Philip and Stephanie fan, but I'm not opposed to breaking them up for good if there is a decent story involved. I'm not sure how she can choose between Philip and her family when her family is invisible, but whatever. It would be nice if the pill popping led to some actual character development of some sort.

Can't say I care about the teens at all, but that's what the FF button is for.

The lack of mention of Brady, Arianna, and Owen is interesting. I'm hoping that means they are just keeping things under wraps, not that these characters disappear.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh, and does Corday really think that the proper way to sell a story is to start off by saying "we'll be seeing more of the teens this summer?" He's such a PR nightmare!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Liz<3Days
May 20 2009, 11:28 AM
I think the "lots of romance" may be the SAFE stuff.

Can I get some "lots of romance" with a side of EJ & Nicole hottness!!!
Liz
You could be right...but given what's about to happen to baby Grace I just don't see a lot of romance in store for Sami anywhere in the near future.

My guess is their idea of romance is the Danloe and Melanie/new guy stuff. :shrug:

But where the heck is Brady? And can we get him a woman...stat??

Paxton
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 20 2009, 11:34 AM
My guess is their idea of romance is the Danloe and Melanie/new guy stuff. :shrug:
I was really hoping nobody would say that out loud . . . now it's going to be true, lol.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Just like I thought the DiMera/Kiriakis war is over. Well it was fun while it lasted.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Poor Abe & Lexie getting ignored again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply