Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Summer Preview!; June 2nd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 20 2009, 10:53 AM (12,345 Views)
Ponz
Member Avatar

Quote:

Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ: There is a "tragic turn of events" which makes it even more important for Sami to learn the truth about the baby switch. There are "explosive secrets" revealed, and "the repercussions are devastating" for these four characters. Nicole's guilt gets to her, and that leads her to betray EJ and help Sami. Sami begins to investigate Rafe's past, and we see another side to him.

Nicole betraying EJ for Sami sounds mildly interesting. I doubt the onscreen stuff will live up the hype, though.

Quote:

Philip/Stephanie: Philip saves Stephanie from Owen, but she's traumatized and "secretly turns to pills for comfort". Stephanie must choose between Philip and her family.

Have SN and MBE been approached for guest appearances? If not, more salt in the wounds of S&K fans.

Quote:

Bo/Hope: Hope makes a generous charity donation which "garners a lot of unwanted publicity", and it is also noticed by a "mysterious person".

No summer story for Bope then.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe/Kate: Kate catches Daniel and Chloe in a "compromising position", and Kate plans again for revenge. She plots to poison Chloe and frame Daniel.

This is the fourth time Corday has given this lame ass preview. Would someone please put this story out of its misery.

Quote:

Melanie/Nathan: Maggie's grandson Nathan, Melissa and Pete's son, is played by newcomer Mark Hapka. He moves in with Maggie and Mickey, and he is a first-year intern at University Hospital. "Sparks fly when he meets Melanie and learns they'll be living under the same roof."
Mia/Will/Chad: "We'll be seeing more of the teens this summer." Mia works at the Java Café, and she moves in with Maggie. Her ex-boyfriend Chad, played by newcomer Casey Jon Deidrick, is the father of her baby. He comes to Salem, and he doesn't know she was pregnant.

Don't care.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by Ponz, May 20 2009, 11:45 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Kenny
May 20 2009, 11:28 AM
Oh my God, with the exception of Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ, this all sounds terrible! I mean, terrible. TERRIBLE! More teens this summer, plus more newcomers? I don't give a flying shit about Chad or Mia and while it's nice that Nathan is at least related to Maggie, I doubt anyone will give a shit about him either.

Wasn't Kate plotting revenge/murder against Daniel and Chloe earlier this spring? And didn't she end up deciding to not go through with it? If that's the case, why is she right back to doing the same thing this summer? This zig-zag storytelling is such crap. It completely takes the wind out of the sails. The story has lost its momentum entirely. Why does this writing team keep making the same mistakes over and over?

Bo and Hope sound like filler.

Stephanie turning to pills sounds boring.

Couldn't give two shits less about Melanoma. Ditto that for Mia/Will/Chad.

I seriously can't believe that these are the summer previews for Days of Our Lives. Are we sure that this isn't some new spinoff we weren't told about that just happens to have a familiar name?
I was honestly thinking of putting a "these are real and not the made-up ones you sometimes see on the net" disclaimer. I agree with everything you're saying. Bo/Hope is the worst, imo. I mean, while I'm glad there were no 'visions' involved in this preview, you're right, it is filler. I'm surprised they were mentioned at all. And just how many people are going to be living in Maggie's house now?

Ellie

Ponz
May 20 2009, 11:44 AM
Have SN and MBE been approached for guest appearances? If not, more salt in the wounds of S&K fans.
I thought that as I typed the words "her family" - I was like, WHAT FAMILY? I can't believe Corday is talking about Stephanie's family when he has taken them off the show.

jane1978

Hmm, those sounds interesting. I think I really like Maggie, Mia and this Nathan guy all living under the same roof. I totally love the writing for Maggie lately and she is so natural with both Molly and Taylor. Just a perfect mother figure they both need.

Iīm pretty sure this Steph/Phillip break up is not definite, but more just another roadblock and a window for Owen to get in. Phillip will not just stay away and watch how Steph selfdestructs herself with pills. Assuming the script from the Nathan casting call is true (and it looks that way), dejected Phillip will somewhat get together with Mel (Molly even twitted she is taping with Jay), but thatīs obviously shortliving.

The part about babyswitch is very vague, but looks like there will be some unexpexted turns. I was almost sure they will let the story rest for summer, so this is a nice surprise.

Nothing about the Kiriakis/DiMera feud? Weird. But yay for the mystery person in BoPeīs life. I quess it will be somewhat connected to his latest vision.

The Kate/Dan/chloe story sounds like they rested it for a while and now they are ready to go full ahead again. Weird there is nothing about Lucas starting to remember which should happen soon.

Anyway, this definitely sounds better than the usual DAYS summer. But could please someone remind Gary Tomlin poor Abe and Lexie are still on the show? Itīs like they forgot them to fire or something, but totally ignore their existance.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

darraholic
May 20 2009, 11:44 AM
Poor Abe & Lexie getting ignored again.
I know, Lexie has for the past 2 months only been on as a supporting character during Sidney's christening, Tony's death, EJ and Nicole's wedding, and Philip's shooting. Abe hasn't been on anything.

Why couldn't they have used Abe during the DiMera/Kiriakis war? Afterall he is the Mayor of Salem.

I say bring back Fay and Brandon, that can cause some problems for Abe and Lexie. And Nicole could use her family now.

six
Member Avatar

These don't sound that bad. I wonder if Nicole helping Sami has anything to do with Johnny. If EJ doesn't find out about Grace until she gets very ill/dies, I could see him cutting Sami completely out of Johnny's life. Maybe Nicole will sneak him out on visits.

IDK if the actress playing Stephanie can pull off a believable addiction, but it could be well done. I am a fan of the Steph/Phil pairing, but if they're breaking up again, maybe they need to just let it go. This time she does have good reason to want to put distance between herself and the Kiriakis family, but they have broken up so many times, that it doesn't have emotional impact anymore.

I'm also not sold on whether the girl who plays Mia would be able to sell the inevitable sad scenes when she finds out her baby is gone for good. If Grace does die, it would add an interesting layer - Nicole being confronted by Mia and Chad, and knowing the only way to try and maintain her grasp on Sydney is to tell them that she's really a Dimera.

It's nice that Maggie's getting a new relative - IDK anything about her kids. Would this be Mickey's grandson too, or his step grandson? So, we know who will be playing the new Horton, and Mia's ex. Does this mean that the thing about the ex-Passions actor can be shelved, or are there any other new characters slated to show up?

Bope - don't have high hopes for this one. Excluding the cancer storyline, this team just can't seem to create a good scenario for them. About the best thing they could do for these two would be to bring back shelle and let bope move into the parenting mode that Caroline and Shawn were in, years ago.

They need to get on with the chlan/chucas/Kate thing. There's no reason to drag it out this long. Let Lucas remember, divorce Chloe and wrap this story up.

I do wonder if Grace is a goner, or will just get sick. Maybe she needs a transplant, and that's why it's so important for Sami to know the truth (besides the obvious reason that she has the right to raise her child).
Edited by six, May 20 2009, 11:59 AM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

These spoilers suck ass.

ilovemydays

Ellie
May 20 2009, 10:53 AM

Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ: There is a "tragic turn of events" which makes it even more important for Sami to learn the truth about the baby switch. There are "explosive secrets" revealed, and "the repercussions are devastating" for these four characters. Nicole's guilt gets to her, and that leads her to betray EJ and help Sami. Sami begins to investigate Rafe's past, and we see another side to him.

Philip/Stephanie: Philip saves Stephanie from Owen, but she's traumatized and "secretly turns to pills for comfort". Stephanie must choose between Philip and her family. She is unable to accept Philip's lifestyle and breaks up with him for good.

Bo/Hope: Hope makes a generous charity donation which "garners a lot of unwanted publicity", and it is also noticed by a "mysterious person".

My thoughts:

EJole/Safe:

When Grace's illness is revealed EJ finds out that Sami had his baby and thinks that it is sick Grace. In retaliation EJ secures full custody of Johnny and Grace (should she recover from what ever it is she has). Nicole takes pity on Sami and finds a way for her to secretly spend time with her children.

Phinie:

Drug addicted Stephanie might be interesting. I wonder if that means we could see a new couples chem test in the future. Stephanie/Brady and Philip/Arianna? I think Brady and Arianna have promise but I'm not invested in them yet. I would gladly give them up to see Philip in a new pairing.

Bope:

As long as Hope isn't giving money to psychic research I'm fine with this spoiler. It isn't exciting or anything but it doesn't make me want to stab anyone with a plastic fork.

*I don't really care for the rest of the spoilers.

Edited by ilovemydays, May 20 2009, 12:26 PM.

Cupcake06

Liz<3Days
May 20 2009, 11:20 AM
Quote:

For some reason when I read Stephanie and pills, it reminded me of that episode of "Saved by the Bell," where Jesse takes caffeine pills in order to get that A in Geometry and sing....LMAO..."I'm soooo excited...I'm sooo excited...."I'm so....."LMAO
I think this pill SL is going to be lame....might Owen be there to help her out?
:laugh:

Hmmm...I thought Brady would become more involved with Nicole's SL, but I see no mention of him...anywhere. Wonder what he'll be up to over the summer.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Sami and the whole deal...guess Grace dies...and blah,blah..not interested.Not unless this shizzle is OVER..I see it now..Nicole will blab her secrets,,about Ej,and he will lose custody of Johnny,,and she will get to keep Sydney...all the while STILL noone knows she is the EJAMI baby..as for Rafe...hope this side has a personality,cause this side sucks ass
Kate and Daniel and Chloe.,,,uh did they leave Lucas out on purpose??Otherwise wth??As for Kate this has gone on way too long
The teens,,,I could care LESS..I have a teen,and if wanted to watch them,I have a ringside seat thanks..but NO thanks
And correct me if I am wrong,,but didn't Pete and Melissa divorce??When she started up with Lars?/Did they remarry and have kids...confused

As for Bope,,please God,,do not let Hope or Ciara get kidnapped...give them something WORTHY!!!!!!!!

Added,,what family are they talking about for poor Stefanie??Makes NO sense

Edited by EjsGaGirl, May 20 2009, 12:04 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 20 2009, 11:24 AM
I wonder why no Brady in the previews. I'm starting to wonder whether he'll be Stephanie's listening ear through her (apparent) addiction and the writers will conveniently forget they're related. Please no, I don't want that, but I guess it's possible. Still not quite seeing where the "lots of romance" is, and if they didn't even bother to preview Brady and Arianna maybe it isn't there.
Lord, I hope they don't undo John's parentage again, but if they did, I wouldn't be surprised.
Edited by six, May 20 2009, 12:03 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Reading all the previews, I just couldn't help asking myself... who the hell ARE all these people?

daysfan
Member Avatar

To me, these sound great...but I think I'm over come with pure shock that not only do they continue to remember Melissa exists, but PETE?! They remembered PETE?!!?!

Though I do have one problem with these previews: Corday has to work on his terminology! You can't outright say "We'll be seeing more of the teens this Summer.", it will terrify people after Langan in 2001!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

six
May 20 2009, 11:55 AM
It's nice that Maggie's getting a new relative - IDK anything about her kids. Would this be Mickey's grandson too, or his step grandson? So, we know who will be playing the new Horton, and Mia's ex. Does this mean that the thing about the ex-Passions actor can be shelved, or are there any other new characters slated to show up?
Melissa is not a real Horton, she was adopted.

Kenny
Member Avatar

daysfan
May 20 2009, 12:06 PM
To me, these sound great...but I think I'm over come with pure shock that not only do they continue to remember Melissa exists, but PETE?! They remembered PETE?!!?!
I would rather they actually bring back Pete and Melissa than a child of theirs that none of us even knew existed. I mean, they can say that Nathan's parents are anybody, but at the end of the day, he's still a teenage newbie.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

daysfan
Though I do have one problem with these previews: Corday has to work on his terminology! You can't outright say "We'll be seeing more of the teens this Summer.", it will terrify people after Langan in 2001!
Langan's summer of 2001 was amazing compared to this shit.
Edited by Sindacco, May 20 2009, 12:13 PM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 20 2009, 12:11 PM
daysfan
I would rather they actually bring back Pete and Melissa than a child of theirs that none of us even knew existed. I mean, they can say that Nathan's parents are anybody, but at the end of the day, he's still a teenage newbie.
I would LOVE for Pete and Melissa to return..hot damn...beside BOPE they were one of my fave couples...I agree with u

daysfan
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 20 2009, 12:11 PM
daysfan
At this point, I'll take even some kind of mention or fresh connection....this is Days, where its rare to remember past characters. :P

Oh, and looking back on the previews again, there are a few more things I don't like:

Where's Brady....I'm sure he'll be around and everything, but shouldn't he be involved with Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole? We got alot of Bricole up until right after the wedding....I really don't want them to drop that, and I definitely don't want Days to go back to the sudden switching of pairings(Bricole to Brianna).

Also, Kate and the whole Chloe/Daniel thing. I mean, we've been in this position for MONTHS....Kate shouldn't have dropped her whole murdering plot if she was just going to go back to it a month later! I really don't see the point there, and it feels like Lucas is barely involved in this story!

And WHERE is the Kiriakis/DiMera feud??? I'm really hoping they continue that, because after all this buildup since Tony's death, they can't drop it now damnit!

six
Member Avatar

Sindacco
May 20 2009, 12:07 PM
six
Thanks. I know Mickey's sterile, so she can't be biologically his. So, they adopted her together, or is she just Maggie's?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

six
May 20 2009, 12:20 PM
Sindacco
May 20 2009, 12:07 PM
six
Thanks. I know Mickey's sterile, so she can't be biologically his. So, they adopted her together, or is she just Maggie's?
Melissa's real mother is Linda Patterson, I don't really know much about the story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply