Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Summer Preview!; June 2nd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 20 2009, 10:53 AM (12,496 Views)
Livie

i think nicole betraying ej may be that she gives some kind of evidence to implicate him in stephanies abduction..which gives sami the ammo to get johnny out of the house..and in her custody. this does two things for nicole..it assuages her guilt and gets sami more out of the picture while she has her son at least with her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kelly777
Member Avatar

aimees76
May 20 2009, 11:55 AM
These spoilers suck ass.
I agree they suck!! I tuned out for awhile and got involved with the Mafia war. I love Phillip and Stephanie. Can take or leave Rafe/Sami. Can't stand Nicole and think the DiMera's are too dumb to breathe. The baby switch went on too long that I might watch it late at night on SoapNet but once the Steph/Phil SL is gone I'm gonna pull this off my DVR....They were my favorite couple and why I kept tuning in. :wub: :cheer:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 20 2009, 10:53 AM

Philip/Stephanie: Philip saves Stephanie from Owen, but she's traumatized and "secretly turns to pills for comfort". Stephanie must choose between Philip and her family. She is unable to accept Philip's lifestyle and breaks up with him for good.

Too bad it's not Brady turning to drugs. I would have liked to seen him in the throws of addiction, if anything just to see if Eric M. could pull it off.

I hope it's not some dramatic s/l like the rape s/l of Ford Decker.

Thanks for posting.
Edited by Halloween Family, May 23 2009, 10:19 AM.

evilD
Member Avatar

I would assume that Brady will probably have something to do in Stephanie's recovery when it will happen. Since he's pretty much the Good Samaritain of everyone around him, he'll probably use his past as a drug addict to help her the best he can. But, unless somebody else pops up into the scene, I'd bet that Philip will still be after her somehow.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I hope they don't stick Brady with Stephanie's AA sponsor duty. Let Lucas do it. He's all about Phillip's leftovers these days. :lol:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

IMissAremid
May 23 2009, 10:22 PM
Let Lucas do it. He's all about Phillip's leftovers these days. :lol:
That comment is funny yet so true. They should just get rid of Lucas altogether. All he's been doing since time is bouncing from one poor relationship to another

libra67

I really hope that the Philip and Stephanie are not over "for good". They have gotten me watching the show again and I hope this is just the beginning of an angsty story for them.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

^ They've broken up like 15 times since they got together. Stephanie will never accept how Phillip acts when it comes to buisness, so it is best to end it now. They may end up together, since there is no one else left for them to be with.

evilD
Member Avatar

Wanna bet that Stephanie's gonna end up with Brady, now that he's been "disowned" by Victor? Since he wants no part of the Kiriakis way of life, that could incite her to lean on him for support. And it would completely make sense with her pill addiction storyline coming up.

six
Member Avatar

laptop
May 21 2009, 02:48 PM
i think nicole betraying ej may be that she gives some kind of evidence to implicate him in stephanies abduction..which gives sami the ammo to get johnny out of the house..and in her custody. this does two things for nicole..it assuages her guilt and gets sami more out of the picture while she has her son at least with her.
I don't know if she'd go that far, and risk getting Mr. Moneybags thrown into prison and herself into the street, and away from the baby.

EvilD, only if they rewrite John's heritage and get rid of Brady's "Brady" bloodlines.
Edited by six, May 26 2009, 01:29 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Since I was MIA for so long, I want to comment on these. I won't bring up anymore old threads. I promise LOL.

Quote:

Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ: There is a "tragic turn of events" which makes it even more important for Sami to learn the truth about the baby switch. There are "explosive secrets" revealed, and "the repercussions are devastating" for these four characters. Nicole's guilt gets to her, and that leads her to betray EJ and help Sami. Sami begins to investigate Rafe's past, and we see another side to him.

We all know what the tragedy is and I can't wait as it seems it really moves things forward. I don't expect Nicole to be exposed until at least late August, which is fine by me. The payoff will be so worth it by then. I like Nicole feeling guilty and helping Sami. That will be neat. It seems EJ goes after custody of Johnny and I bet that is where Nicole helping Sami comes in. Should be interesting.

Quote:

Philip/Stephanie: Philip saves Stephanie from Owen, but she's traumatized and "secretly turns to pills for comfort". Stephanie must choose between Philip and her family. She is unable to accept Philip's lifestyle and breaks up with him for good.

I doubt they will be done for good but I like this. I like Stephanie sort of getting her own story with the pills. Shelley is a good actress and can handle heavy drama. This could add alot to her character. Between the kidnapping and the pills, they are really forming her into a heroine. I just wish Steve and/or Kayla were around but whatever. These two do need a break from each other and I just knew the engagement was going nowhere LOL. i also doubt we are done with Wes Ramsey. I bet we see Owen again or his twin and I hope we do. Wes and Shelley had something together I would like to see explored.

Quote:

Bo/Hope: Hope makes a generous charity donation which "garners a lot of unwanted publicity", and it is also noticed by a "mysterious person".

Reading the other threads, it seems Nick Stabile is this mystery person. I like Nick so I'm cool with this. I just wonder what this is about. I'm guessing Bo's vision about Ciara will come into play here. I wonder if it's something to do with their past. Maybe a tie-in with Princess Gina? That could be cool. The whole publicity angle makes me think it may cause someone from the past to take an interest. This is very interesting.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe/Kate: Kate catches Daniel and Chloe in a "compromising position", and Kate plans again for revenge. She plots to poison Chloe and frame Daniel.

Glad things are picking up. You can tell they stalled the story and now are ready to focus on it. I can't wait to see where this goes. I can see it backfiring somehow. I also bet that Chloe and Daniel may be out when it's over. Nadia's contract is up next Fall and it would not surprise me, unless the show feels they could build story around them as a long-term couple but I doubt that as both will be the town pariahs after this.

Quote:

Melanie/Nathan: Maggie's grandson Nathan, Melissa and Pete's son, is played by newcomer Mark Hapka. He moves in with Maggie and Mickey, and he is a first-year intern at University Hospital. "Sparks fly when he meets Melanie and learns they'll be living under the same roof."

I like Maggie being used so much. She really is becoming the new Alice in a way with her taking so many in and dishing advice. I like that. All of a sudden that mention of Melissa and Sarah a few weeks ago makes sense. I don't mind Pete and Melissa reuniting and having a kid. We never heard much about either one and Melissa was pregnant back in the 90's when she returned. I don't think they ever mentioned the name of her husband either so it's fine by me. I hope maybe this opens the door for a Melissa visit at some point. That would be cool. I also don't mind them creating new characters instead of using ones we know of. It's easier that way and I expect it. The writers don't have to worry so much about fans clamoring for other returns like, for example, if they brought Jeremy, many may clamor for Mike. If they brought Abby, the J&J fans would get riled up. It's liberating for them. Is it lazy? Sure. I just want to be entertained at this point so I could care less. I can't wait to see what he does with Melanie. I like Melanie with Philip and Brady too but I'm curious to see how her and Nathan work.

Quote:

Mia/Will/Chad: "We'll be seeing more of the teens this summer." Mia works at the Java Café, and she moves in with Maggie. Her ex-boyfriend Chad, played by newcomer Casey Jon Deidrick, is the father of her baby. He comes to Salem, and he doesn't know she was pregnant.

Not shocked about seeing more teens. I just wish they had introduced them prior to the summer and slowly worked them in but whatever. The show has been good about slowly weaving new characters in so I'm sure it won't be bad. I hope we see more of Kinsey and Will's friend, tad. I liked them both. I like Mia living with Maggie and I'm interested in what will happen with Chad, especially given what will happen with the baby stuff in the coming weeks.

Sounds like a decent summer. Alot of this sounds like just what will happen in June so no doubt more will be happening. Can't wait.

King
Member Avatar

I don't think any of it sounds awful or terrible, but my God, it really has become a teen soap opera.

Most of it sounds pretty good. I am excited for Nathan.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Since Shawn signed for another year,I think it is possible that Daniel and Chloe leave town late winter.(if they wind up together cuz you never know with Days)If they don't have a happy ending as a couple,Daniel leaves first. I also have my doubts that Kate will be sticking around Salem till the end of the show.I don't know how they redeem her after her poisoning of CHloe and framing Daniel for it.She'll have to pay for this crime
Edited by lastDays, Jun 4 2009, 09:13 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I seriously doubt Nadia Bjorlin is going anywhere. Not if Tomlin has a say in it, anyway. He has a hard-on for the pretty and untalented.

King
Member Avatar

I think Nadia is a pretty good choice for a strong, younger lead. She's not hopeless.

Or supporting.

Whatever the fuck she is. LOL.

We've had way worse. Farah Fath, anyone?
Edited by King, Jun 4 2009, 11:32 AM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

King
Jun 4 2009, 08:45 AM
I don't think any of it sounds awful or terrible, but my God, it really has become a teen soap opera.

I can agree Days isn't really a vet soap anymore...but I don't think its a teen soap. We have Will and Mia, yes, and this new guy coming along with maybe the rare appearance of Tad and then to an even lesser extent Kinsey...but really, now IMO Days is more of a...20-30's soap opera. :lol:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Oh gosh,I really should have stopped watching after John and Marlena left,but looking at these spoilers makes it easy to wanna quit watching.

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Jun 4 2009, 11:30 AM
I think Nadia is a pretty good choice for a strong, younger lead. She's not hopeless.

Or supporting.

Whatever the fuck she is. LOL.

We've had way worse. Farah Fath, anyone?
Huh? Farah Fath can act circles around Nadia. Nadia is the easily one of the worst actresses in Visual Media HISTORY! Plus, her character now is the exact opposite of what she is supposed to be. The character and actor suck. PERIOD. END OF STORY.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Jun 4 2009, 11:35 AM
King
Jun 4 2009, 08:45 AM

I can agree Days isn't really a vet soap anymore...but I don't think its a teen soap. We have Will and Mia, yes, and this new guy coming along with maybe the rare appearance of Tad and then to an even lesser extent Kinsey...but really, now IMO Days is more of a...20-30's soap opera. :lol:
I agree.

If anything, it's the Melrose Place of daytime to an extent. Or a newer version of Sunset Beach. It still has vets. It's just that they are no longer the A players or the focal point and it's been long past time they got moved out of the spotlight anyway. That is why the show feels so fresh. It was so needed.

I actually think Nadia tries too hard. She needs to inject more of herself into Chloe. As I mentioned in another thread, when she does do that she comes off so much more natural in her scenes. She can be serviceable if she does that. Also, if they pair her opposite the right people, she can work out well too. SC can act so sometimes she looks awful acting-wise but her chemistry with him is off the charts so it's hard to resist going that direction.

Farah Fath was good in a supporting role or when she was a sidekick and primarily doing comedy. She blows at emotional material. I don't know who I would choose. Nadia or Farah...hmm. Probably better off going with someone else entirely LOL.

I just get the feeling Nadia will leave on her own. I think she feels better about things now but I think she realizes the writers could screw her over again. I think she has this fear that they will switch gears and toss her in another direction like last year and I can't blame her. I don't think it will happen but I think that is inside her head now and she may bolt before things have a chance of getting ruined. There is also the Brandon Beemer factor. When she came back, he was still there. He got fired a few months after and I have to wonder if now she will leave since she has the chance. There is also what happened last Fall when rumors were rampant that she was about to be fired and that she was leaving the same time as Morgan. Hell, to add fuel to that, Chloe was being written out to work at an opera in Vancouver, I believe, and got this lengthy goodbye with Philip. Something changed and they kept her and tossed her Daniel's way but it seemed like the end for her then too. Perhaps that was Higley or Ed Scott or someone else and Tomlin saved her. Who knows.

I think SC likes Days, hence why he signed on again. I think most on the show will push for him to stay even if Nadia leaves but I could see Corday intervening and wanting him to go off with Nadia. We all know he likes to have couples leave together.

King
Member Avatar

Amello
Jun 4 2009, 11:36 AM
Farah Fath can act circles around Nadia.
That is the most outrageous thing I have EVER heard you say!

I expected more from you, Melly Belly.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply